[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

NEET and Shut-In Advice Thread (Version 116)

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 317
Thread images: 22

File: 1443833610070.png (148KB, 355x253px) Image search: [Google]
1443833610070.png
148KB, 355x253px
"Hentai is a work of art" - Hayao Miyazaki edition
https://www.zeemaps.com/map?group=1663835

Welcome to the NEET and Shut-in advice thread!
(Version 116, running since Oct. 31st, 2013)

>Forum
https://neetorious.com/forums

>IRC Room
#NEETadv on Rizon

IRC help: http://pastebin.com/Pi8EqVaX

Conversation Starters and Past Topics: http://pastebin.com/KFe5MQE2

Important General Life (hey check actually check this out yo) Help and Misc: http://pastebin.com/ygPwDUk4

>NEETworkout:
Tues/Thurs @ 8pm EST - http://s_ynchtu.be/r/neetadv

>Web Development Lessons
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCEy1CySNG4fiQZ82Qa0PYHA
>>
Where would I meet somewhat attractive, boring bookish/nerdy/geeky girls in London?

Or are all the (attractive) homebodies taken?
>>
Ways to deal with depression? the meds just made it worse
>>
Get a pet like a dog or cat
>>
>>16373066
Assuming you're replying to >>16373053, I already have a dog, but it's not enough.
>>
Damn maths are hard lads.
>>
So what should I focus on first? College, getting a job, or driver's license?
>>
>>16373121
License will help with getting a job
>>
Neil Young's life sounds frighteningly appealing to me.

A quiet cottage, a nice pet, and a home studio to keep yourself busy.
>>
>>16373017
you are looking @ this in the wrong way anon, if they are a hombody they are more then likely to keep to themselves and when they do venture into the realm of normality they take a mate whom is an alpha and not a beta who wishes to stay home. As much as girls like to act all nerdy and introverted they are just looking/waiting on a chad, much how all guys want 8+/10 but unlike females we will almost always settle for a 5+/10.
>>16373053
set yourself some short term achievable goals, once they are achieved BAM! whack it up a notch with some long to intermediate term goal, always setting up something new or just one really hard goal so you are never rudderless for long..
>>16373121
job as long as it's not a fry cook, if thats all you can get, then collage or license for delivery work.
>>
>>16373495
I dont really have any goals
>>
File: fuckthis.png (10KB, 745x195px) Image search: [Google]
fuckthis.png
10KB, 745x195px
I have been watching my usage via a network monitor, and I've used a little under 3.1GiB. Cell carrier says otherwise, and I don't have any alternatives until the gubment decides to give me money.

If they don't in about six weeks, that's it for me. I won't have any internet access again at this address, ever. No money to move, no hope.
>>
>>16373121
Driver's license is easy, quick, and cheap, so that first.

Will your family support you and house you through college? If so, do it now. Any job you get now will be shitty and miserable and working through it will just postpone the point at which you go to college and get a job you can actually stand.
>>
>no back to the future edittion
Hey today is my birthday and that should be important to you, yes you because you are not allowed to be moody on someone's birthday
I got a wacom and I'm having dinner with my family at a stakehouse
>>
I feel like I'm wasting my life.

I want to live on some land having fun and basically running a homestead. Growing good, building shit. Having a family.

But I don't know what career to choose. I'm 22 and I left school when I was 17. I don't know what to do. I'm depressed. Should I go to uni? What if after the 3 year course it hasn't helped and is just debt? But what else can I do? What if I buy the land but can't live on it because there are no jobs in the area? Or if the degree I chose has doesn't help with anything buy city jobs. How would I make money? I don't know what to do. So confused.
>>
>>16373544
ill set you a goal!
do 10 pushups each day for two weeks!
>>
I'm a NEET who does nothing but play vidya, watch anime, and talk to people online. I recently discovered I really enjoy helping people with their problems, whether it be advice or just being a friend when they need one. However it's really difficult for me to MAKE friends online or no, halfway because I'm socially retarded and the other half being that I strongly dislike the seemingly endless cycle of "hey how's it going good you good okay bye" I seem to go through, but that's probably my own autistic fault.

My question is, what should I be doing to seek out and make meaningful relationships with people, and is it wrong/selfish to want to be friends and help people because it makes me feel good?
>>
>>16373916
>what should I be doing to seek out and make meaningful relationships with people?
focus on activities/events/subjects you yourself value, also note that not focusing on these things can also net you friends, opposites attracting as it were.
> is it wrong/selfish to want to be friends and help people because it makes me feel good?
if it is a one sided or unbalanced friendship then yes, if not then no.
>>
>>16373140
>>16373121
If you really want to go to college, then college, but you have to REALLY want it. You can always work on your license over the summer.
>>
>>16373916
Making friends online is way harder than real life, if you want friends go outside
>>
>>16373806
>No "Where's My Flying Car and Hoverboard Edition"

>>16373868
I want to live on some land having fun and basically running a homestead. Growing good, building shit. Having a family.

But I don't know what career to choose. I'm 22 and I left school when I was 17. I don't know what to do. I'm depressed. Should I go to uni? What if after the 3 year course it hasn't helped and is just debt? But what else can I do? What if I buy the land but can't live on it because there are no jobs in the area?
Sounds like agriculture or one of the natural sciences would interest you. Scientists don't have to reside in big cities near brand name schools anymore, thanks to the internet. College is always a risk though. There are no guarantees.
>>
>>16373868
>>16374417
Clarity
>>But I don't know what career to choose. I'm 22 and I left school when I was 17. I don't know what to do. I'm depressed. Should I go to uni? What if after the 3 year course it hasn't helped and is just debt? But what else can I do? What if I buy the land but can't live on it because there are no jobs in the area?
Sounds like agriculture or one of the natural sciences would interest you. Scientists don't have to reside in big cities near brand name schools anymore, thanks to the internet. College is always a risk though. There are no guarantees.
>>
File: 1429127645371.png (322KB, 720x720px) Image search: [Google]
1429127645371.png
322KB, 720x720px
I am getting real fucking tired of seeing my therapist.

I've been seeing him for almost a year and shit still hasn't changed. He's not that helpful that my mom doesn't listen to him.
>>
>>16374481
You have to change, if therapy doesn't work its most likely your fault
>>
>>16373806
Birthday bump
>>
>>16374481

your therapist can't work unless you let them.

also, if you care what your mom thinks regarding your therapist, you're clearly too immature to be fixed.
>>
is it possible to get into a relationship (I'm a hetero male) while being a NEET (low power-level)? or is such a thing restricted to animu&mango fantasy land?
>>
>>16375387
doubtful
>>
>>16375447
ok, it's not like i did not already knew anyways
thanks
>>
>>16375387
my sister had a BF who had no job or schooling, paid for everything
[spoiler] then she came out of the closet so in all likelyhood he was her beard and she was just paying him off [/spoiler]
>>
>>16375368
>>16374560
not that anon but:
This is utter horse shit!
>there are not bad therapists
>you might have a mental illness that said therapist is not equipped to deal with
>your mental illness may impair you from even being able to actually benefit from convention therapies
>>16375387
im sure you could get a male who would pretend to be a female for erp
>>
>>16375387
You shouldn't. You should first care about yourself.
>>
>>16375793
I says most likely you retard. Yes there is a 1% chance, if you want to cling to it instead of admitting that it's almost without a do it your fault be my guess but don't ask for advice because you don't want it, hell don't even. Bother showing up to therapy, what's the point ?
>>
>>16375851
as i stated before i'm not that anon...also your lingual communication skills are abhorrent, that or your are clinically defined as downsyndromed. Regardless i would still attempt to point out that you stated that there is a 1% chance...a 1% chance of what ? my fault for what ? so your saying that it's not worth trying ? SOMEONE PLEASE SEND HELP!
>>
>>16376117
>I'm not Him
Sure thing I'm 100% convinced
>>
Why go out in public when I can set myself on fire and feel the same way
>>
So how do you deal with the fact that you're ugly as a Sin?
>>
>>16377243
i honestly don't have to because im not, how do you deal with the feel ?
>>
Did any of you ever stop to consider just how great your life could be if you took the time to solve your problems and tryed to make something of yourselves?
You should take the time to think about this
>>
>>16378514
I'd prefer to do it on my terms
I want to gather up anons with tech skills or the potential to learn tech skills and form a self sustaining commune
problem is I can't convince other anons to do this, the only type of person that can has to be charismatic
and if someone is charismatic and has the ability to influence other people its unlikely they are the kind of people here and probably has ulterior motives
its a catch 22.
>>
>>16378563
Being charismatic is not hard tho just speak your mind and don't get mad.
I have similar dreams but art related
>>
>Slowly getting used to not spaghettying everywhere when talking to strangers
>Make small talk with cashier
>"So, what is it that you do"
>Start panicking
What are you meant to say to that? I told him I was a studet, because I felt like that would be better than saying I'm a useless piece of shit, but I don't want to really lie to everyone.
>>
Here's the issue
>circadian rhythm is very skewed (fall asleep 3:30 am, wake up at noon)
>usually enough energy to eat breakfast at 3 pm
>don't get anything done through the day, barely enjoy csgo for one hour with irl friends

Going to lectures is optional, but I do want to get up every morning and go to campus. If I solve one math problem that day, it would be more than I already have done this semester. Socializing isn't the problem here.
It's just so comfy to lie in the bed dreaming and no one is there to stop me.
>>
>>16378579
there are useless piece of shit that are not neets, so really you could say you are between jobs, currently unemployed, looking for a job, looking to get into an Uni or something
even if it is a lie (for the time being, while you pick your shit together), as long as it not some outrageous lie like "I'm a business owner in the East Coast" or "Head of Church"
>>
>>16373495
We still doing this beta/alpha chad shit? You know it doesn't even work with the species it was based on.

>As much as girls like to act all nerdy and introverted they are just looking/waiting on a chad, much how all guys want 8+/10 but unlike females we will almost always settle for a 5+/10.

>but unlike females we will almost always settle for a 5+/10.

You're kidding right? Most couples I see are fairly matched and the only slanted ones are hot girl and not-so-hot guy.
>>
urgh i feel so stuck
>>
I get really anxious just by sitting in my room and have a few medical problems like bruxism as a result and I don't know how to stop.

I just always feel mentally unstable.
>>
>>16378913
>scoring is relative to the person
people value different things anon, im sorry to break it to you.
>>
So a few weeks ago I started sweating constantly, especially in my sleep. Because I'm always sweating I constantly smell and I'm constantly thirsty, I can't sleep because I feel like I suffocate too. Is best life causing this?
>>
>>16379367
Neet life
Fucking autocorrect
>>
How can you work online?
>>
>>16379572
You need coding, media, music,art or other kinds of knowledge
>>
>>16379572
Here's a guide I found on /biz/ (which seems to have been found on reddit)

http://pastebin.com/wKGxMspf
>>
>>16379155
You see the dentist. They'll make a special mouthguard for you to protect your teeth.
>>
>>16376117
>>SOMEONE PLEASE SEND HELP!
Help is not coming.
>>
anyone leave the house today? how was it? were there cute girls?
>>
>>16379588
Not him but how reliable is this stuff? I'm still skeptical on actually being able to make money like that.
>>
I want to go outside and also get fit, is running aimless a good idea,or I should start walking then running?
>>
>>16380639
It all checks out, at least the ones I've personally signed up for (clickworker, fusioncash, clixsense). Though I signed up for them long before this guide came along.
>>
>>16380639
mTurk is a trap, as it's more often than not equivalent to slave labour. You'll have one hell of a time trying to get a decent wage out of it, especially if you can't pass quite a few of the tests for the HITs that pay out higher.
>>
>>16381266
You should probably start with walking if you are overweight or haven't been very active in a while.
Look up the couch to 5k plan. If you're obese you need to lose weight before you even attempt to run or you're going to fuck up your knees and ankles.
>>
fuck it , i'm joining the military , time to start up that diet again and start getting fit, im putting this here maybe it being in writing will make it more real
>>
My mom asked me if I wanted to go see the new Star Wars movie with her when it comes out. I was surprised, I thought she'd go see it with her so.

I found out there's a marathon viewing of the saga by my friend. Except the new one would be 3D, ugh. She's never seen the Original Trilogy, and I've been wanting to introduce her to it for a long time, but logistics have made it extremely difficult...even when we were together.

So I asked her and she was interested. Then I realized the marathon is on a workday, and we have a blackout period that week, so we can't go. Sure, we could see it later, but if she hasn't seen the OT, how can we geek out on this afterwards?

Just reminds me how alone I am, that I have to experience the first Star Wars sequel with only my mother, instead of friends or someone I'm in a romantic relationship with. u_u

TL,DR
I await the new trilogy with cautious optimism, but dammit, I want some friends or a girlfriend to experience it with, not my mother! I'm getting too old for this.
>>
>>16380568
>the beautiful people

They're always there, it's one of the subtle effects of gentrification. I only really noticed when I realised the ticket inspectors and station attendants weren't the usual poor immigrants and instead were buff girls.
>>
File: image%3A2723.jpg (9KB, 320x320px) Image search: [Google]
image%3A2723.jpg
9KB, 320x320px
I have slept the last 5 years away
>>
>>16381763
I know of know that feeling. Except all my friends are just busy/gone.
So I only have my mom to hang out with the majority of the time.
Not that that's bad, but it gets to be a bit of a bummer not having anyone to talk to who is actually interested in my hobbies.
>>
>>16381782
There are tons of people on the Internet that want to talk about all the stuff you like all of the time. It's great you should try it sometime.
>>
>>16381794
>It's great
s-shure
>>
>>16381794
For some reason I've developed a phobia of sorts to meeting new people.
Most of my current friends forced themselves on me. I do need to try that though
>>
>>16381809
?
>>
Where did everything go so wrong?
>>
>>16381782
Last movie I saw in the theater was Skyfall...and that was with my mother! I saw the prequels with her, but that was long ago. This shouldn't still be happening without me having other options, as well. Not that I wouldn't see it with my mom, but you know.

>>16381794
The internet isn't the same as a face-to-face conversation. There's an energy there when you connect with another human being that doesn't get transmitted through 1s and 0s.

I wish it wasn't so, but then there'd be even less incentive for interacting in meatspace.
>>
>>16373121
Job, always a job.
Job makes you afford to eat, to live, have a roof over your head, to be hygienic. These are the most necessary and primary aspects of your life. Even if it's McDonalds, get a job first. The job will also make you help finance college and a driver's license. Try to prevent going into debt.
>>
File: 1418683154568.gif (4MB, 294x524px) Image search: [Google]
1418683154568.gif
4MB, 294x524px
>>16381862
Of course it's not the same. It's infinitely better. It has all of the benefits of being with people (exchanging thoughts) and none of the drawbacks (everything outside is basically terrible.)

>an energy

Are you on drugs.
>>
>>16381887
>all the benefits of being with people
>exchanging thoughts
Lol you are an idiot that isnt the only benefit of interacting with other people
>>
>>16381855
Most likely a combination of parents and society. And later on your own fault.

In my case;
Last born of siblings, didn't get much attention because did well in school whilst my siblings were not doing so well. It was always a case of; "She doesn't need us to tell her to do homework, she does that all on her own" but what I wanted was the one hour a day my other siblings got with my parents. (I don't blame them though, I would've probably done the same if my kids were falling behind on school work). Although I do believe you should give your children somewhat equal of your time – even if they do not "need" it.

But in the end I only got attention from teachers because I did well in school, acquire performance anxiety which lead to night terror which always made me tired. Began eating a lot out of comfort, no one told me I should cut back. Became fat. Be 12 and get bullied because fat chick. Become introverted; tell siblings, parents, teachers and the school physician I want to loose weight. "Ah, but you are perfect as you are. I don't look at you and see that you are fat. That's silly." Now 22 and trying to reverse the curse society and parents couldn't do for me when I was 12 even after rising the issue on my own. And now these fucking youtube /fit/ persons who specifically tells you it's your fault if you are fat. I do get it, there is nothing that justify a grown up to stay fat if they do not want to on their own will but you can't tell a 12 year old that "it's your fault you're fat" when society and parents fucks one over/you can't buy your own food/sport teams benches you because you are bad at it because you are too fat.

I feel like this became a rant and apologize for your time.
>>
>>16381902
It is the only worthwhile one.

Unless you want to touch them, or whatever.
>>
>>16381906
Nah I get it. I have been obese since I was 8 years old. Parents never gave much of a shit about me either (obviously) and the doctors told me that I would grow and I had to keep my weight rather than loose it with is retarded. It pisses me off that people want me to loose weight now that I'm 23 when they gave no fucks when I was growing up so I guess I revenge eat in some ways, I also can't see how my life could be better if I wasn't so fat. Well I could get a job maybe but at this point I don't know if I want to engage in the real world or get further away from it
Does this seem familiar to you?
>>
>>16381915
How about enjoying their company
>but I can do that online
No you can't because you are not in their company, you just don't know better wich is sad but you don't get a free pass on it
>>
>>16381922
That's a rather vague concept. How do you just passively enjoy company?
>>
>>16381937
The same way you enjoy the sun in your skin. It just feels good, its also a basic human need too
>>
>>16381946
The sun is just heat, there's nothing special about the sun with regards to feeling good. I have a space heater that accomplishes the same thing and it doesn't slowly give me cancer.

I don't absorb friendship rays from my company. You still haven't explained what "enjoying company" really means. If you don't do anything with your company, why not just store a bunch of mannequins around your house?
>>
>>16381483
What if I don't plan on living off it, and just use it as a bit of money until i get settled into other stuff?
>>
>>16381960
Look dude, I'm aware that people here have autism so it might be hard to understand but its even harder to explain something to a mentally challenged person so bare with me the sun isn't just heat, it has vitamin D that is absorbed through the skin. When you are in contact with other people in real life there are a lot of psychological factors in play and many needs being covered. I realise the mentally impared may have difficulty feeling this way but the need is still there
>>
>>16381960
Also you do have a need to be touched
>>
>>16381503
Thanks for the tips, I'm not obese, but I still fat, 200lbs and I'm 6'3, I will start walking then since I haven't done shit in years.
>>
>tfw headache for no reason again
>>
>>16381960
>fuck the sun

Reminds of when I did major overtime in my shit-tier job in the winter and didn't see the sun for a whole month. Felt like shit for the last 2 weeks. Felt like it was one long night.

Felt even more shit when I looked at the paycheck. £1400 after tax. 210+ hours for a fucking pittance.
>>
>>16381887
>Are you on drugs.
Does caffeine count? Otherwise, I've never done drugs.

>>16381906

It's OK, sometimes you just need to let things out. Weight is a very sensitive issue to bring up with girls though. Seems like there's no right answer. Damned if you do, and as you've shown, damned if you don't.

>>16381946
>I don't absorb friendship rays from my company. You still haven't explained what "enjoying company" really means.
It means being around others and enjoying interacting with them.

>>16381993
That's actually probably a better idea: save it up and invest it.
>>
>>16382070
>the sun isn't just heat, it has vitamin D that is absorbed through the skin.
Not exactly, UV rays make our bodies synthesize vitamin D. The sun doesn't emit vitamin D, which is what your phrasing implies.
>>
>>16382839
Can you feel the synthesis?
>>
File: burger.jpg (68KB, 500x375px) Image search: [Google]
burger.jpg
68KB, 500x375px
>poke around for a bit
>some of the irc regulars are gone
did they died?
>>
File: 1356571790311.jpg (26KB, 263x224px) Image search: [Google]
1356571790311.jpg
26KB, 263x224px
>no internet connection, forced to use mobile connection
>can't watch the few terrible television series I picked up for the season
>seen everything I have stored locally 3-4 times over
>can't even afford to drink myself into a stupor
>>
>>16382843
The radiation is more noticeable.

>>16381266
Definitely start with walking for a few weeks, then mix in some jogging before you even consider running. You need to compress your leg bones before you put them under that kind of pressure. I got impatient and started running after a week. I broke my leg in the first 20 miles.
>>
Any one going to comic con today?

First time going, but kinda feel like I'm going to be the only socially awkward twat there with geek chic being in vogue.
>>
>>16384206
where?
>>
>>16384206
London?
>>
>>16380627
;)
>>16381764
tell me about these "buff" girls, is it a sexy kinda buff?
>>16381777
...a-at least y-you got trips!
>>16382758
maybe it's all the screen staring?
>>16381960
>vit d deficiency
>low serotonin
>>16382618
scoobysworkshop.com/cardio/
>>
>>16383056

They're in a better place now.
>>
Each time a meet general thread dies an angel gets his wings
>>
>>16373005
Somehow every person i have met irl and who watches anime has really shit tasteಥ_ಥ
"Well im sorry [insert name] but i really dont care about your endless talk about naruto/any other too long anime"

Are there even any good long ones?
I've watched ~400 different anime but found none

Halp
>>
>>16387075
>good
>long
Pick one.
>>
>>16384432
>>16384428
Yeah, just came back from there. It was kinda meh to be honest, but I'm not sure what I was expecting though.

Stalls of various geek tat, some game demos and people in cosplay, eh. Oddly there didn't seem to be that many weirdos. Was kinda envious at the groups of socially adjusted geeks, felt like I was really cheated with set of friends and people I had way back in school.

>>16384651
>tell me about these "buff" girls, is it a sexy kinda buff?
Pretty much, not sure what's to tell, just they seem to be replacing key workers with more aesthetically pleasing people in areas of gentrification. I thought it was just my imagination at first, till I realised I hadn't seen any immigrant workers at certain stations, you know the ones that usually appear in the local papers about getting their head kicked in by yoots.
>>
Bump from oblivion.
>>
I went outside with my family.

It was fun to be at the mall, it was pretty empty and the food was good. I was really glad it was empty.

Watched anime with my brother when we came back and tried to make decisions about the next synths I want to buy.

It feels very odd to find myself so sad when there is so much to be grateful for.

I wish she felt I was enough and didn't stray. I was much happier.
>>
>>16373005
I'm not sure I can do it anymore you guys. I wake up, i go to work, i come home, i swallow painkillers to deal with the pain from the tears in my arm and leg and its just driving me insane why did i ever try to better myself? Even before i gave up on life all i did was fail and now that im trying again i just feel nothing but bitterness and frustration at myself for being such a sad excuse for a living creature i mean fuck if i didnt live in the modern era i could of been killed off and not had to deal with existing but im stuck suffering on while being to much of a coward to pull the trigger when i stick the gun in my mouth.
>>
>>16387075
Long anime are full of filler and recap episodes, like DBZ. Dragon Ball suffers from the same thing, but it's not as bad, and actually a funny charming show.
>>16387080
I'd take both, from you big boy ;) (no homo)
>>16387364
Well, it kinda makes sense doesn't it? Hot fit girls are less likely to get beaten up than foreign brown people, or am I wrong?
>>16387880
it's thankless work, so thank you
>>16388592
It sucks when someone you trust betrays that trust. The feels are understandable anon, hopefully you're able to move on in time and find someone new.
>>16388592
What's the story behind your arm and leg? What kind of painkillers? I fail lots too. Iktf, but the way I see it is, I'm guaranteed to die, I might as well not hurry that date up, there's always a plan b, c, d, e, etc. to be found
>>
>>16389042
>Well, it kinda makes sense doesn't it? Hot fit girls are less likely to get beaten up than foreign brown people, or am I wrong?

It's more kinda like a side effect of gentrification, now that the area is safer they have more people to choose from other than the desperate immigrants and locals.
>>
I've been a shut in NEET for at least a decade, I'm now in my late 20s, and this entire time I've been stuck in a cycle of being too broke to seek professional help for my depression and social anxiety yet too depressed and anxious to motivate myself to push harder at my "self employment" which doesn't make me nearly enough to live completely independently. I still live with my family and I buy my own groceries and gas (whenever I actually have access to a car) but I hate being a sponge and that I let myself get into this mess. I'm also tired of trying and failing so many times to break away from this family.

But enough about me. Are pet and house sitting a lucrative business for somebody like me who's estranged from society and how do I even break into the market when I have no references and all of my friends have already moved far away?
>>
>had MRI because in medical studies
>brain shrinking faster than it should
>also benign brain tumor

I've had a couple of weeks to live with this. So it's time to Name the Tumor. Any ideas? He's (yeah, it's a guy) living in Broca's area, 5x7mm, near the surface. He's about 8 years old.

Ideas? I need to have some fun with this.
>>
>>16390036
That's some real bad news I guess.
>>
>>16390036
you ok?
>>
Bump.
How did you spend your weekends? I had a friend visit me and we played the wolf among us, I visited my mom too and that's it pretty much
>>
>>16391609
Alone in my room, talking over skype to an online friend or two
>>
I have been a hikki for the past year and a half. Tomorrow I start my first day at my job, waiting at Pizza Hut. I honestly feel like I want to smash my brains out onto a brick wall. How do I get over this?
>>
>>16391642
i know that feel bruh. you just have to get though it. it's going to suck but don't let it get to you.
>>
File: attractive.gif (406KB, 236x219px) Image search: [Google]
attractive.gif
406KB, 236x219px
It feels odd seeing all those people here in their early 20s. I am 29 now.. been a neet for 3 years.

My problem? I randomly imagine bad scenarios happening to people around me, or to myself. I imagine my mum drowning, or getting stabbed and I just see her eyes whilst shes in pain and dying, and I am helpless... I get so depressed about it and die inside in real life because of something I imagined in my head.

I imagine certain people verbally abusing me, or imagine them hurting me, I get so angry and frustrated in real life cos of something I totally imagined, in my head.

SSOO many other examples I can bring, but these things are constant and happen on a daily basis more than once. Sometimes it brings me to tears, or sometimes into burst of anger (all kept inside)

This pretty much fucked me up... so many therapists and shit and nothing works. It has been linked to anxiety and I was diagnosed with sever anxiety too and mild OCD.

This is no excuse for being a NEET I don't think but I cannot imagine my self living a normal life with a mind like that. If I didn't believe in God I would have taken my life SOOO long ago. no question about it. But I do not want to go to hell, so I will suffer now and hopefully get rewarded somewhere else.

I am not asking for advice, just pointing out how young you all are. NEET life is fun in the first few months, but after that you will fall into a pit of darkness. depression/anxiety/hatred if your self and humans in general.

Sorry about any typos...etc it is 3:30 am here in the UK and I am tired.
>>
>>16391642
How'd you land that job?
>>
>>16392546
not him but waiting tables at a pizza hut doesnt seem like a hard job to land. just ask and apply for one.
>>
My 4 months of Neetdom are coming to an end. Tomorrow I start my next shitty little job. I went in to a temp work agency and they landed me a job instantly for 12 bucks an hour. Apparently its physical labor in a warehouse and I'll be lifting 50lbs all day every day.
>>
>>16391609
Pretty much this >>16391628
>>16392509
I'm almost 25, I'm not trying to be mean, but winding up in you position scares me the most. To some degree, I know what you mean.
>>16390004
Try dish washing at a small mom and pop restaurant, nothing too big or fast. You shouldn't need references and with luck, the owners will be nice.
>>
Right now I feel like I'm at a point where I'm too far to quit but there is so much ahead of me that it's daunting.

I'm almost 30. I was never technically a proper neet, but I have very much been a late bloomer. I didn't have a job until I was 20 and it was a shit retail gig that I worked at for almost 8 years. I never had any relationships, I never took care of myself, and I never got a car or license. I got a new, much better job that I'm enjoying, and I started going to the gym and have made a lot of progress (though I eat like crap and want to change that) But I still don't have a car or license, I'm still single, and while I have quite a few friends, I don't have any truly close ones.

I'm just not sure where to go from here. I'm not even sure where I'd go for driving lessons at my age, and never having dating/relationship experience at my age I also feel puts me at a point of no return.

Is there a way to keep progressing or have I hit the wall?
>>
>>16392896
There should be a drivers ed program you can sign up for, where I am it's called young drivers, I'm 25 and I know your feels in this regard. It's kinda shameful to for someone my age to go to something like that, I also don't have the money for it though.
>>
I want to live the NEET lifestyle, what kind of things should I secure so I can live the dream?
>>
>>16392896
>I'm not even sure where I'd go for driving lessons at my age

That should be pretty easy to solve, check the internet or your local papers or even just take the phone number of a passing driving instructor car. Just make you that you pick an instructor you're comfortable with and actually knows how to teach.

>never having dating/relationship experience at my age I also feel puts me at a point of no return.

That I can't help you with.
>>
Are there any places hiring right now that ideally are only hiring for graveyard shifts?
>>
>>16393946
check your local job bank? I don't know why you'd think a bunch of strangers mostly from all over the anglo-sphere would know if anyone near you would be hiring
>>
>>16390036
Grim Reaper
>>
>>16392950
Someone who is willing to pay for your expenses
>>
Just my fucking luck that when I finally was feeling up to having a real job instead of whatever random shit esp me being nearly 30, and getting some actual professional help with it at a job finding place for people like me that even that's taking long as hell. Makes me feel like such a fucking slowpoke. At least this taking long instead of me trying on my own doesn't make me look as lazy right? Still I do actually want to work now... really even if mim wage and part time as long as I'm not miserable and feel I can do it I really don't care. Just wish the process would be faster ya know?
>>
>>16394636
The world won't wait for you
>>
So apparently I can't have my surgery until I work on my issues. They are sending me to a new clinic where they will treat me for a while until they say I'm ready. Among the causes is that I seclude myself and I fail to restrict my diet, my relationship with my family and an unespesific personality disorder. I guess this means one more year until I get it
>>
How long does a really bad flu last for?

It started on Sunday morning, and it's 11pm on Monday now, and it's still really really bad. I can't play video games, and I can't watch anything without sniffling and wiping my eyes and nose for minutes on end. This feels horrible.
>>
>>16394985
I've only had the flu once, try to drink some juice and it should get better each day

Granted mine was stomach flu
>>
>>16394992
I haven't had a flu this bad in a long time. I'm not even sure it's a flu. I'm blinking hard while writing this, and ruining my jumper wiping my nose.

I don't own any juice. I don't want to go outside to get some like this.
>>
https://www.quora.com/What-are-some-important-but-uncomfortable-truths-that-many-people-learn-when-transitioning-into-adulthood
>>
How can I stop wasting my time and find something thats worth working hard for?

I done nothing but play mobages and Kancolle for the last six months, there must be something more exciting and productive for me out there.
>>
>>16395288
Go out and experience the world, not that you will. You will keep playing games and blame everything elseike a cbild
>>
>>16394546
>>16392950
>I want to live the NEET lifestyle, what kind of things should I secure so I can live the dream?
>Someone who is willing to pay for your expenses
Someone who is willing to pay for your expenses that you can exploit
FTFY

Yeah...like my mom's so.
>>
>>16395000
nausea? vomiting? fever?
>>
>>16392950
>the dream
More like nightmare. Parasites are the lowest form of life, and after 2 years of being a NEET, I know this to be true.
>>
I think my parents are trying to get me a job. This wouldn't be so bad if it were not for the fact that I think it may be a job involving a lot of driving and driving trucks. I chose not to peruse a license because I know I'm too absent minded to actually drive a car.

I wonder if any grocery stores nearby are hiring. Stacking shit onto shelves at 1AM seems more like my kind of thing. At least then I wouldn't rear end into someone and I can just daydream.
>>
I wish
That I could turn back time
>>
>>16397180
I'm sure a lot of people here feel the same way, myself included.

I've been a NEET for years and I haven't done shit about it, it's only continuously going to get worse.
>>
>>16396288
>nausea? vomiting? fever
No. The fever I'm not sure about. It is improving, though. My eyes are watering and I'm sniffling, but there isn't a stream of fluid coming out anymore, although it's clogged.
>>
>>16397180
>>16397448
What would you do differently?
>>16396391
Wal mart?
>>16397470
Sounds like a bad cold
>>
>>16396391
>>16398240
Yeah, try Walmart. I just got a call about an interview for a position like that, working 2 to 11.

Also, now's a good time to apply to all the jobs if you're looking for one, seeing as the holidays are coming up.
>>
>>16394737
Well I'm the one doing the waiting atm.
>>
How does one stop being a meet when he weights 400 pounds?
Does anyone else have a real reason why you are a meet?
>>
>>16398513
>a meet
please tell me this was a typo
>>
>>16398649
It was
>>
>>16398513
work out man
>>
>>16398933
I can't without injuring myself
>>
NEETworkout starts in 10mins

http://s_ynchtu.be/r/neetadv
>>
>>16398951

Remove the underscore from URL.
>>
>>16398951
>>16398958
Hey, Ten.

How's life? Any speeches for the anniversary?
>>
>>16398947
Restrict your diet, start walking. Track your caloric intake. The sticky on >>>/fit/ has all the information you need.
>>16398951
I'm sorry I missed, I thought you'd given up man. Thursday?
>>
I always end up losing my motivation. While I am at work I think of all the things I want to do today. Learn to play my bass, draw, improve my vocabulary, exercise. Once I get home its always the usual.

>Turn laptop
>porn
>masterbate

Whole day fucking gone. What is wrong with me? I don't want to keep doing this shit anymore. I caved in and masterbated after 3 days of no fapping. I keep thinking of my ex and that shit just made me fall down the whole I keep trying to climb out of. I used to look forward to Fridays but now I don't even want them to come by. My weekends are always the same. Vidya, sleep, repeat.

I don't know what to do anymore... should I just go away?
>>
>>16399948
your a sticky.
>>
>>16384037
Why even post this here? Why? Fuck off. You aren't helping yourself either.
>>
>>16373072
Ok. Now get a cat.
>>
>>16373121
Driver's license then college or skip and get a job.
>>
>>16378579
>I don't want to really lie to everyone
Odly enough that's how I got my first job.
If you want to advance you may have to suffocate your morals a little.
>>
>>16398240
There's a lot of things I'd do differently. I don't want to go into detail; but ideally if everything were to work out if I handled certain events a different way, I'd have a job and a girlfriend. Would it be a high paying job? Probably not.

Still a huge step up from where I am currently at in life.
>>
>>16380568
Yes, a qt door greater said hi to me and I said hi back. It took like 2 minutes before I could whipe the stupid smurk off my face.
>>
File: 1442149502962.jpg (182KB, 1280x848px) Image search: [Google]
1442149502962.jpg
182KB, 1280x848px
My mom is kicking me out soon. She has shifted recently to the mindset where she's "had enough and can't live like this anymore". Apparently I am the cause of all the problems in her life, everything is "my fault" and I "can't stay here anymore".

Thus far I have just stared at her while she's been saying these things. She broke down crying on one occasion but only because she felt sorry for herself. You would think she's the victim of some great tragedy to hear her say it. She wants me to go live with my sister (who is a psychopath and who I have avoided for years). The reality is that I would just be going from one box room to another; moving from one insanity to another.

My mother has spoken to the few other people in my life (other family members) and told them to tell me that it would be a good thing. So now I'm getting it from all angles. But it's not even being framed as a choice. No one is saying "I think you should do this"; they're wording it as 'this is what is happening and you should see it as a good thing'. What a crock of shit. My mother just wants to wash her hands of my existence.

She brought me into the world, promptly divorced and then proceeded to put zero effort into 'parenting' because she's a nutter who has no business taking care of a houseplant, much less a human being. Now the chickens have come home to roost and she's more than happy to just put my existence behind her.

I was very tempted to kill myself this week but my dad (who is my only ally in life but who I cannot live with due to reasons) reminded me implicitly for the second time in my life not to do anything silly.

I don't know what will happen in my immediate future, even on a day to day basis. This lifestyle has never been sustainable for me; it has always been a precarious existence where each new day has been uncharted territory to see how deep things can possibly go. The only outcomes I can see in my field of view are (1) suicide and (2) something else (unknown).
>>
>>16400824
>My mother just wants to wash her hands of my existence.
why not? you already did this yourself. Right now your mother is your victim not the other way around
>>
>>16400824
>get a job
>save jewgold
>move out

Quit blaming your parents. You're an adult whether you like it or not, and you're not being given a choice in the matter either. Start acting like it
>>
Can someone recommend me a videogame/TV show/movie to waste the whole day on. I don't feel like being active at all today but I also don't want to sleep the day away
>>
>>16401076
What do you like anon?
>>
>>16401087
I don't like TV shows where all the characters do is talk about something that is going to happen but do nothing, I can't run any game that demands as much or more than watchdogs and I can only play with an Xbox controller. I likdont like action movies also I could watch a YouTube channel or anime or anything except read. A book
>>
>>16400824

So presuming you're an adult, why do you care what your mother does? Move out, you're a grown up.
>>
>>16401105
Give Samurai flamenco a try, its about super heroes.
As for games, maybe Rise of nations.
>>
>>16401131
I was thinking either trine or finishing work and the blind forest. I would like to avoid anime if I have the chance to be honest
>>
>>16401137
Ori and the blind forest
>>
>>16401108
Not anon, but moving out isn't as easy as you make it sound.
>>
>>16400824
How old are you? You need to work on identifying your other options if suicide and going to live with your sister were all you could come up with. Working is bad but not THAT bad.
>>
>>16401203
>Just go outside
>Just get a job!
>Just move out!
>Just do x!

It's always easier said than done. It's advice, but it's not very constructive at all when you still have to figure out how to do any of these on your own.

I'm not saying everybody should be spoonfed; but if you're going to tell someone to do anything, at least try to be more in-depth about it.
>>
>>16401258
its both easy and the only solution. you have built a mental wall that you cant climb. You belive its harder than it actually is
>>
>>16401333
So would you mind giving advice on overcoming one's "mental wall that cannot be climbed"?
>>
>>16401388
Ignore it and act like a normal person anyways and it will go away
>>
>>16401505
Anon...what's normal?
>>
>>16400824
>they're wording it as 'this is what is happening and you should see it as a good thing'.

Pff. When I do that to women they cry rape after. they're such hypocrites.
>>
Need to find out about how disability lawyers work. I want to apply but a lot of places on the internet say it would help if I had a lawyer from the start. What do you guys think? Does anyone know about this?
>>
>>16401623
Functional
>>
>>16392591
What's functional, anon?
>>
>>16398240
I don't know what it was, but it wasn't a mere cold. Colds aren't that bad. I'm better now.

>>16398947
Eat less. Go for walks, and then go for jogs, and then for runs. If you take in less calories than you use, you'll lose weight. If you eat more than you use, you'll gain weight.

You don't need to starve yourself to lose weight. Simply do more.
>>
>>16402678
Something that works and doesn't flap around breaking itself every two steps
>>
File: 1390448435254.jpg (76KB, 576x768px) Image search: [Google]
1390448435254.jpg
76KB, 576x768px
>>16373053
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D5Fa50oj45s

jon kabat zinn guided meditation
>>
>>16400048
if you have a job and money, take time off and go on a trip?
>>16400805
How fucked are your job prospects?
>>16400806
Hellllll yeahhhh nigga!
>>16401740
Were you disabled from work?
>>16400546
u mad bro?
>>
I've doing stuff on Khan academy all day,never realized that maths are fun.
>>
>>16403271
Really? I've had 1 Khan Academy lesson as a daily a couple of days a week on Habitica for the past couple of weeks and I always miss them. I fucking dread it.

What are you doing? I'm still on Algebra 1. I seem to fuck up things like basic addition a lot, and every time I get a question wrong I feel like it's a prod about how stupid I am.

I used to be better, but my cognitive functions have declined over the past year or so. I guess because I've been in isolation for so many years now.

Writing this blog post I guess because I want to know how you enjoy it. I guess you're just good at it?
>>
>>16403303
> I used to be better, but my cognitive functions have declined over the past year or so. I guess because I've been in isolation for so many years now.

I was about to fail a 3rd year module in Maths knowing next to nothing. Literally had 2 days before the exam and I knew jackshit. Fortunately I still had a mate on this module and he brought me up to scratch in those 2 days and I was able to get 69% pass.

Isolation can fuck you up real bad.
>>
>>16403303
I think you should go back to the basics.
I started 1 month ago, being a NEET for 5 years I didn't remember shit about maths, I couldn't even do basic shit like multiplication and division.
So I started from the beginning, Basic maths, I remembered everything as I went through the videos they give to you, then Arithmetic,I had some problems with fractions, now I Started Pre Algebra/Algebra I.
And I'm not really good at maths,In fact I always sucked at them,always barely passing the exams etc.
I have fun with it because I'm learning more than I ever did back in school (talking about maths only) and this past 5 years, Damn I wish I had access to this site when I was in school,I would've got good grades, it so easy to learn, everything is explained so easily that even someone like me who a month ago couldn't do division, now is doing Algebra.
I feel like after 5 years, I'm accomplishing something.
>>
>>16403396
That's something I really didn't want to do. It felt like admitting through years of schooling I failed to learn, and that I couldn't do shit a 10 year old could do.

I already feel self-concious about learning algebra, knowing a lot of people my age learned when I should have, in intermediate/high school, so 7-8 years ago now for me, and have probably now finished university doing way more advanced shit.

But I think you're right, I'll do that. There's a pleasure how easy the simpler questions are to answer. This guy I know was telling me not to feel bad about not remembering stuff from school - he has a 5 year old and couldn't remember division to help her with her homework. He thought it was pretty common, only a small amount of people retain that shit because we've had easy access to calculators for a long time now.

And that "Are you smarter than a fifth grader?" thing. I suppose they get the highest achieving kids from the best schools to compete with the adults, but still. Makes me feel less stupid being so far behind.
>>
>>16403450
Is not like you failed to learn, but if you don't use to the things you have learned, you will forget how to do it anyway, especially on maths which you need constant training to get better, and also remember a lot of formulas, forget 1 formula and you are done with that problem.
People finishing University are constantly dealing with math problems, people like us NEETs probably doing zero math at home, obviously would forget the very basics.
even normal people with jobs that don't require heavy math forget most of the things they learned.
Don't feel bad about that anon, don't feel like you're stupid, Do the maths at Khan academy from the beginning and you will remember all in no time.
>>
>>16403481
Thanks, anon
>>
Since comic-con was a bit of a bust, where else can I meet geeks/nerds?
I still felt like a socially awkward twat there.

(I didn't really open my mouth when we to comic-con and the fact that it's not really a meetup might have why.)
>>
>>16403515
You could have started a meetup group looking for people to go to comicon with you but its still trying to salvage a bad idea. If you want friends or at least social contact join a class or a course people there are pretty much forced to interact with you
>>
Why is 4chan the only thing that holds my attention?
>>
File: get a job.gif (450KB, 400x288px) Image search: [Google]
get a job.gif
450KB, 400x288px
>>16373005
Have a bowl of "man the fuck up".
>>
>>16404475
>You could have started a meetup group looking for people to go to comicon with you

Funnily enough I did go with people (2 different sets in fact), I'm not a complete lunatic, though whether you'd call them friends is another thing. 2nd group was just a dude I knew invited me to tag along with his group when he decided to go to comic-con.

I have a few 'friends' but aside from them being flaky, they don't really have the same interests as me and I've never met another geek/nerd (let alone geek girl) in the area.

I'm just thinking it would be easier to meet people, my social anxiety/awkwardness/fears not withstanding, with similar interests.
>>
>>16404643
i laughed

thanks anon
>>
>>16377243
I look kinda like Big Boss, without the eyepatch, scarring, and buff (mr skeletal here)
>>
What have you all been doing so far this week?
>>
>>16404923
'_'7
THANKS FOR THAT, BOSS!
>>
>>16405463
I kind of already posted but my friend visited me this weekend, I went to the weight loss clinic on Monday when they told me I have to go somewhere else for a while because I'm not ready for surgery, they made me wait 4 hours too and I spent a lot of money on starbucks and magazines on Tuesday I had a class and I had to go to my appointment with my therapist and yesterday I visited my dad for a while to collect my neet bucks . finally today I had class again
>>
A month ago I went here to say I had just found myself a job. today contract is ended and they didn't make another one. even after all the shit I went through it keeps ending in the same way.
what the fuck should I do
>>
>>16405580
Give up? You certainly want to
>>
>>16405712
Give up what
I have nothing
>>
>>16405739
You still have one thing to give up tho
>>
>>16405747
There's nothing left here
>>
>Looking everywhere online
>Can barely find any places hiring for seasonal work, let-alone night shifts

Am I retarded or am I completely missing something here?
>>
>>16405765
What's worse when I actually do find something, the position requires experience of some sort.

I don't have any whatsoever outside of volunteer work at school several years ago, which doesn't apply in most cases. Fuck me.
>>
>>16405765
Both
LOL
>>
>>16405771
I figured as much
>>
>>16405765
Where are you looking? From my experience, places like Walmart or Target don't have listings on job sites, so go apply directly on their sites. Any nearby store you can think of, go apply to.
>>
>>16403481
[Spoiler]What if you never learned past multiplication in the first place? [Spoiler]
>>
>>16405778
I'm just looking through various sites that post listings. I will probably look around and see what's available so I can apply anywhere nearby tomorrow.

I recently moved to this area but I've been a NEET for a good while anyway. So I'm not too sure what's around here besides a Walmart. Already applied there.
>>
I'm 23 and been a NEET all my life. Currently living with my sister, but she is on welfare and can barely keep the lights on. Right now I'm at the library, on a phone that has no service aside from the free Wi-Fi that I'm using now. I have severe procrastination and motivation issues, but once I get going on a task I'm practically a workaholic.

I've been trying to look for work, but I'm in a small, shitty SoCal suburb that has nothing but Mom & Pop shops and a handful of markets that aren't hiring. There's more opportunity in towns a couple dozen miles away, but I need to take the bus there, which means I need to spend what little cash I have just to look for work.

The big problem is that most places are apply online only, which is pointless for me if they have no method to contact me afterwards. With these circumstances, how can I find a job to get myself on my feet, or at least enough to help with the bills?

Saw some working at home advice earlier in the thread. I'll give that a shot and hope it works on a tablet, but I'd appreciate any advice.
>>
>>16406050
You are poor, poor do you understand? You need to do what poor people do, poor people often can't find work so they start selling food or coffee or wathever they can. It's a very small investment, you can start with only bus fare and some cheap candy. Ideally you could play the guitar or do something for cash but I'm going out on a limb and guessing you don't know how
>>
File: tired_anon.jpg (21KB, 292x368px) Image search: [Google]
tired_anon.jpg
21KB, 292x368px
>be NEET for 2.5 years after dropping out of college prep boarding school sort of and getting a GED
>somehow accepted to Penn State, main campus
>grandma is offering to pay for the entire thing
>considering electrical engineering

I might actually get the fuck out, anons. I start this January.
>>
>>16405791
Then learn on Khan Academy,though you may have hard time since you maybe don't know the multiplication chart, but that is only memorization.
>>
>>16406276
Good luck anon, if someone is willing to pay for your college you must take that opportunity.
I had that opportunity but the person who offered me to pay full college, had a son later so all my dreams went to the sewer and I stayed a NEET.
>>
>>16405514
>weight loss
>starbucks
oh boy!
>>16405752
Never give up
>>
I thought getting professional help would be a good thing but all it did was complicate matters. Now I'm on meds and my brain is even more full of fuck than it was before.

I just don't know what to do anymore.
>>
>>16406316
None of us are here because we are exactly high achievers are we?
>>
>>16406342
>warn people against meds
>they take meds anyways
>they experience exactly what I tell them they will
How could this happen
>>
>>16373005
I left the NEET lifestyle a while back, and it's killing me. I get 4 hours a day to myself if I'm lucky, sleep less than I should, eat junk for food because I don't have energy to cook a proper meal, and the bottle's tempting me again. I don't see my friends anymore and I can't remember the last time I did any of my hobbies.

I can't go back to the folks, they can't afford it anyway and even then it's a temporary solution to a lifelong problem. How do you guys manage to pull off having time and money to afford basic needs?
>>
>>16404600

It's one of the last places on the internet with real discussion and enough people to make it not dead.
>>
>>16406581
it was worth a try I suppose
>>
>>16404475
>>16404748
So... any suggestions for where to look?
>>
>>16406619
I don't have any friends to spend nights out on, so I've saved about £10K and this is on a shit-tier pay over 2 years.
>>
File: 1Jy4MYN.gif (2MB, 320x180px) Image search: [Google]
1Jy4MYN.gif
2MB, 320x180px
Heading to a real chad halloween party this halloween. I don't know how the fuck I managed to get in on the party. My question is what in the flying fuck i should do. I'll be knowing about 15 of the 125 people that'll be there. Obviously i can't follow my friend as if i'm sort of pet but how the fuck do i make this shit go around? I'm utter shit at getting the ball rolling and keep it that way, halp pl0x. This may be my exit
>>
>>16406276
if that's you, i'd fuck you walter jr.

fuck you for good genetics btw u cunny
>>
>>16375387
You can, it's just pretty unlikely.
[spoiler]My bf is a NEET, but is actively working to better himself[/spoiler]
>>
>>16408159
Is this an internet relationship?
>>
fug fams

I'm on 10mg lexapro now and it's hecking me up

I got insomnia like crazy, took melatonin, zzzquil, Tylenol, chamomile, l-theanine, magnesium and I still can't sleep well

I need a hug. but on the bright side I am getting less anxious, slowly. usually I've had to take Xanax everyday because of panic but now I don't need to take it everyday.
>>
So another shitty day begins. What should I do different today? Keep in mind is going to rain all day
>>
>>16408365
>rain all day

Londonfag?
>>
>>16408380
No
>>
>>16408159
Was he NEET when you met him though?
>>
I'm so fucking bored. I have already done everything I wanted to do today and now I find myself counting the minutes until the day ends. The only thing I can think of doing is buying some food which is the reason why I can't get a job
>>
>>16409047
I know. There's only so much NEETs can do during the day then everything becomes boring and irritating. There really isn't a way to get around this until we unNEET ourselves.
>>
oh no
bump
>>
Been apathetic about everything. No job experience. No volunteer experience. No desire to 'prove' the bullshit skills I've listed on resume. No hope for jobs in my field and in general. Going into interviews like a dead man knowing no one will hire my ass.

Doubt I'll even be able to get volunteering spots due to my bullshit.

I should just join the NEET league once I get my degree. Seems dangerously comfy here.
>>
File: 1392039481958.jpg (33KB, 456x468px) Image search: [Google]
1392039481958.jpg
33KB, 456x468px
>>16409636
That's crazy. I find myself staying up days at a time because I can't do everything I want to do. How do you even have time to be bored.
>>
>tfw met cute girl online
>we talk about vidya and other dumb shit some times
>i want to talk to her more often but i'm afraid
>sometimes days or a week goes by before we talk again

wish i could meet more people online but i dont want to come off as lonely
>>
>>16411304
just don't tell people you're lonely and don't act lonely. you can be anyone you want on the Internet!
>>
>>16411314
i'm pretty sure she already knows judging by how small my steam friends list is and the fact that i only play single player games.
>>
i need someone to own me. i want affection and to be gently pet on the head when im good, and berated and beaten when i misbehave.

will do anything for love. pls.
>>
Should I just give up?
>>
>>16411220
When you get tired of videogames TV and 4chan there isn't much to do as a neet
>>
>>16411713
Are you a girl
>>
Two years of these threads.
Public enemy number one of /adv/ and arguably trying to help neets and shut ins. Some made it. Some are in limbo. Some gave in.
>>
>>16412797
It used to be boredom as a kid, now it's become the emptiness of this existence.
>>
>>16412924
I thought I was the public enemy number one, granted it was only for 6 months until I failed college and lost my leverage and got bored
>>
>>16413018
6 months isn't nothing. Some people last three or just don't try anything and jerk of to touhous. Not to invalidate your feelings, but you did something.
>>
>>16413018
At least you went. I never did anything after Highschool. I still haven't done shit.
>>
>Had an enjoyable morning and early afternoon because of a gift i received
>just finished eating dinner
>suddenly feel this immense hopelessness and realization that i'm 25 years old and completely and utterly stuck in life, and I have been that way for 7 years now
i just don't know you guys. right now success really feels completely and utterly impossible for me. losing weight, getting a job and gaining financial security feels about as likely as winning millions of dollars in the lottery.
>>
>>16412801
no ;_;
>>
>>16413105
mate i was a neet for 3 years after i lost my job, then i was barely not a neet because i was doing a course and visiting a friend every other weekend. this year i went to college and failed after a semester wich isnt a big deal since 70% of the class did and now im taking drawing classes twice a week. Thats pretty much my life after highschool so far. Next year im taking two curses of 100 hours each for z brush and 3d studio because the two years of highschool where only a headstart and the 4 months of college only took me so far and i can learn all i want from tutorials but my knowledge will always have holes, after these courses i will know enough for a 3 year career.
you dont need to be young and you dont need to have a tradittional goal, you dont need to be outgoing or sane and you dont even need to do an 180. Look at me i weight 194 kilograms, im far from recovered. All you need is to pick a direction and keep moving fowards. I started small, you can start small. People who see you moving fowards will join you and cheer on you. This includes new people and old people who gave up on you no matter how slow you take it, heck i dont even have my ged yet. All the pain, the anguish and fears are mental constructs no matter how real they feel to you you can torn them apart, i did and im a jackass, even if you are ill you can move fowards, i was plenty ill myself.
>>
>>16413631
seriously. What the fuck do you want? you need to ask this question, its the only question that matters if you know what you want you will find a way. I want to ilustrate, design characters, make comics, animate, model and 3d animate. put yourself in my place you could do this too, or anything really. Poor people from hick towns travel all the way to hollywood. They are fucking baristas in starbucks and they get casted for some shitty commercials and do small theater or just take classes. They are dirty poor and they are happy, they made it, these are everyday storys
>>
>>16411713
I want this too. tfw bf agreed to treating me like this but devolved into ignoring me for games and occasionally rudely asks for a blowjob at most
>>
>>16411713
You need therapy.
>>
>>16413018
So, you are an enemy to this general because you tried to do something with your life?

What kind of fucking backwards general is this?
>>
You don't need to know who I am or what I have done to get my message
>>
>>16413697
well, i dont want it to be sexual. idk why people assume it has to be a bdsm-type relationship when i just want to be with someone who

>>16413726
i know
>>
>>16413773
fuck i messed up the post

idc
>>
Agoraphobic neet of 6 years(since 16) on autismbux here. Never knew these threads existed on /adv/ just came here to ask a question if it's normal hearing voices in my head that keep calling my name. Never had this shit happen before sometimes I'll wake up and it will happen too
>>
Two years ago today this community was created to give NEETs and Shut-ins a place they could feel welcome and a place where they could meet people who had experienced issues similar to the ones they were going through. It was an idealistic journey that didn't work out quite as expected. I guess it's common sense looking back at it but gathering a bunch of broken people into one place wasn't the greatest of ideas. I want to apologize to the people who were hurt directly from others within the community; it was never my intention for people to leave worse off than they came, but unfortunately that happened more times than I'd like to admit. For that, I am sorry.

I'm still thankful to the anon(s) who keep the thread going and to the people in #NEETadv and the forum who keep those outlets from turning into total ghost towns. This community still serves a purpose even if the original spark and potential of the community has faded these past two years. There was a time when I needed the camaraderie and I'd like for this place to be around for others in the future so thank you for keeping it going.

I decided against writing a long, sappy post so I'll end it here.

I wish you all the best and may happiness find you in the future.

Happy 2nd NEETiversary everyone.
>>
>>16414097
HAPPY NEETIVERSARY, FRIEND!
>tfw I shoved my mustache up my nose to read your post for some reason
I think it added to the suspense.
>>
>>16413697
>tfw no NEET waifu to pet on the head and tell her she's a good girl
>>
>>16414135
>tfw I'm a exneet who just wants a neet grille to take care off.
>tfw I'll never get that dream.
>>
>>16414097
Reading this almost sounds like a goodbye. At least you made it out. I know you've helped people and inspired others, myself include, so thanks for that. You always seemed to blame yourself for the way the mentally ill interact with each other when they don't have names. You shouldn't. You and CPU did good.
>>16414128
>tfw I shoved MY mustache up my nose to read YOUR post for some reason
>>16414135
>>16414270
THAT FEEL WHEN NO GF
;_;
>>
Does applying for SSI get affected by who you live with? Like if I live at home still but I have a disability according to the state.
>>
File: risk.jpg (44KB, 540x360px) Image search: [Google]
risk.jpg
44KB, 540x360px
An ex friend of mine recently added me on Steam. Ever since then I've debated talking to him and getting things fixed, but the friendship didn't exactly end on a high note, with me yelling at him and breaking something of his.

What should I do in this situation?
>>
>>16414827
What did he do to get himself ex-friended.
>>
>>16414841
He was my friend for 9 years, stayed here for the last. He told me he smoked weed near the end, but this wasn't the real reason for kicking him out, despite me being adamantly against it.

I caught him smoking in my basement one night (something i explicitly told him not to do in my house), and later, bringing his bitch of a gf over despite me telling him to never bring her here
>>
>>16414097
Trying to think of where to start, but I can't so I'll just start and follow Ten's example.
I also want to apologize to the people who were hurt, or made worse, or ignored entirely, or had any other negative experience on here. Negativity wasn't the outcome I intended from any of this. I wanted to do so much, too much for one person to handle, and I made a lot of mistakes and so many things went wrong.
I'm sorry to Ten for leaving him alone to handle everything.
He handled it all so well and with great capability though and I agree that a lot of the things he apologized for aren't his fault, he's done a very, very good job and makes a far better leader than I could.

When I look out at the stars I think of every other lonely NEET and shut-in looking out at the same stars.
I don't want to say that I hope everyone here "improves" because that implies that there's some wrong when really, I think, a lot of us aren't the core source of our problems.
I hope then instead that everyone feels less depressed or less lonely, or that their emotional pain is lessened, in at least some small manner, from visiting here.
Know that you aren't completely alone in the universe, despite not having an abundance of meaningful social connections, even though it feels that way, and that there are others who feel lonely too and maybe we can all be alone together.
That's what I intended from all of this.

Happy NEETiversary,
Love from Cpucake <3
>>
>>16414097
I mostly recovered from being a neet.
1 year ago last Wednesday I got involved in music lessons and then started working soon after.
I come here when I have some time to see you guys strive for the same things as me.

Life for me gets better all the time and it took a long process and still feels far from ideal though I can be proud and more confident in myself. Everyone needs to simply keep trying. You may learn things late, but better than never if you give up.

I have doubts I can shake being lonely or a shut in. Over the years I lost any semblance of a personality, but I can still enjoy life and make it better all the time.
>>
File: image%3A4990.jpg (11KB, 420x336px) Image search: [Google]
image%3A4990.jpg
11KB, 420x336px
>>16414097
>>
NEETs and shut ins:
Have you decided to cut anything out of your life to make it better?
I've decided Television shows are dead to me and I'm cutting down on my internet usage
>>
tfw you feel like youre actually dying
>>
Does anyone know of a good app, or website to help you schedule the time you want to spend on things? I feel like things would progress more smoothly if I had a bell ring everytime it was time for me to work out or practice my art, rather than just trying to motivate myself out of playing another round of Monster Hunter.
>>
>>16394636
Another thing that concerns me is that since it's taking so long my money's lower and if it gets too low the bank starts freaking stealing from it making it even worse. I mean I hate to go through all the hassles of having to pull all that money out freaking min. balance stuff.
Society in general are always like "oh just work at mcdonalds or walmart or other jobs I really can't do" and why i needed some pro help at finding something. I didn't want to wait I wanted to get going it's just depressing.
>>
>>16415987
There was people shilling an mmo around the beginning of the year but it was shitty. Good luck getting better tho
>>
File: backseat condomed fisting.png (140KB, 420x336px) Image search: [Google]
backseat condomed fisting.png
140KB, 420x336px
art.
>>
TEAGKI
>>
File: 1222482565300.jpg (23KB, 334x279px) Image search: [Google]
1222482565300.jpg
23KB, 334x279px
Any NEETs have experience with jobs that give you room and board? I am on the west coast, a few local things i have heard of are resorts in Alaska and on the coast.

I don't know how to go about looking for places like this but i feel like it would be a nice start to go make some money, come back home and then moveeeee.
>>
File: 1367750833643.jpg (84KB, 871x720px) Image search: [Google]
1367750833643.jpg
84KB, 871x720px
>Slept in
>Apparently I got a call regarding my application for a seasonal job
>Call back
>The person in charge of hiring left and won't be back till Tuesday

How badly did I fuck up?
>>
Went outside with my family for steaks again.

Spent more time with my brother.

Tried not to think about her after the nightmare. Failed at night because of a thread where someone was in a similar situation.

Cried. Crying, to be precise.
>>
>>16414503

While it's no mystery that I've not been as active as I used to be it's not a goodbye. I'm just not as optimistic as I used to be about a lot of things. I'm glad I was able to help you in a tangible way, it's good to hear that. And, yeah, I tend to take responsibility for things even if I'm only indirectly responsible, it's a bad habit.

>>16415168

Eloquently said Cpucake. It's good to hear from you again.
>>
>>16417537
Don't assume you've fucked up until it's happened anon. Just wait and see. If it doesn't work out, it isn't the end of the world.
>>
Is having zero desire to meet anybody in life normal?
>>
>>16418342
No, but why focus on normal when you could focus on what makes you happy? Does the thought of never meeting anyone make you happy?
>>
>>16418380
It doesn't make me happy necessarily, but I'm very untrusting of people, especially when it comes to relationships. I've never even attempted to have one.
>>
I think I might be turning into a shut-in. What should I do?
>>
>>16418415
Do you have an opportunity? Try while you can, because the older you get the less likely something will happen and you'll be lonely and regretful.
>>
>>16418432
I don't go out much, i'm instantly distrusting of people, that sort of thing.
>>
>>16418438
That wasn't the question, but I assume that is a no. What kind of distrusting issues do you have? Maybe I can help you through this.
>>
>>16418488
I've heard all of these horror stories involving failed relationships. Everything from false rape claims, breaking shit, being treated like shit, and other horrible things. None of these happened to ME, obviously, but the thought that any of these could happen is a major deal.
>>
>>16418506
That and i have clinical depression and anxiety, and every job i've had has ended badly.
>>
>>16418506
You can never really tell if someone is going to be batshit crazy or not. Usually that happens because of attachment, and that's why communication is key.
>>
>>16418532
True, but the fear of that keeps me away.

I'm also afraid they'd be too clingy, and wouldn't ever let me be alone.
>>
>>16418534
And you don't think you would become clingy to the right person? You seem to have a lot of anxiety. It's normal to want to be around someone all the time especially if you end up falling inlove with them.
>>
>>16414503
>>16414270
We're all gonna make it, bros.

>>16414816
Plenty of people complain about their parents stealing their SSI, so I'm assuming you can draw it at home.

>>16415168
You can hope for people improving without implying there is something wrong with them. They can find inner peace or move closer to their own goals and ideals, and none of that requires that they strive to be neurotypical. Even people like Warren Buffet focus on self improvement every day.

>>16415706
I cut out television, illegal drugs, and casual sex a decade ago. It helps me to appreciate the little things. If I wanted to be ascetic as fuck I'd cut out porn, meat, and alcohol, but that's pretty much my life now. I've been meditating on the 8-fold path lately, but I'm too close to hedonists to fully embrace it. I'll meditate on them again tonight, thanks to your actions.

>>16415814
We're all dying from the moment we're born. Some faster than others, but life has a 100% mortality rate. Focus on life, or focus on death; it's your own choice in either case. Just know you'll never get another chance at today, and live it to the fullest, whether it's your first, or last day on earth.

>>16415987
Google has a basic calendar app. Whether or not you fill it out or heed the reminders is up to you. I've had an alarm set for 08:59 for three months now, but most of the time I crawl out of bed when my truck batteries go flat around 13:00.

>>16417299
Most Alaskan jobs revolve around the tourist season, and this will usually hinge upon how far north your town of choice is. The last time I went to Alaska I was bombarded with job offers while sight seeing because I was young, fit, and had sea legs. All the workers I talked to in Seward spent about 5 months working in Alaska, a month after/before the tourist season enjoying Alaska, then 6 months of NEETdom back in the lower 48 because they were all making about double what they would back home. It sounded appealing, but I make 5X what they do.
>>
>>16418546
Honestly it's such a foreign concept to me i can't imagine having it. I've only come across one lately, but "at the city with your mom" is hardly ideal.

>>16418551
How do I go about applying for SSI? I don't want to be on it forever, but until I get things sorted
>>
>>16418560
at the city with your mom?
>>
>>16418580
We were looking for stuff in some stores, place is an hour away
>>
Who shut-in when not at work here?
>>
>>16418653
I.

>>16418560
https://www.ssa.gov/disabilityssi/ssi.html
>>
File: 1437543169803.jpg (454KB, 2136x1424px) Image search: [Google]
1437543169803.jpg
454KB, 2136x1424px
Not a NEET, but may I ask anyone here who is good at dating for some help? What's something that will captivate her attention?

Things going for me: I'm an extremely positive person working towards a bright future, and I'm pretty funny, and she told me flat out that I'm really cute.

Things going against me: Don't always say the right thing, can be socially awkward, not the most experienced with verbally charming the ladies.
>>
File: 1439347838118.png (3MB, 1880x1440px) Image search: [Google]
1439347838118.png
3MB, 1880x1440px
I have a very reasonable chance of getting a job coming up. A distant relative has opened up the prospect of me getting hired at their workplace through nepotism. But I'm really nervous about the whole thing.

For my family it's as simple as "just speak to the manager and hand in your CV" but even an instruction as simple as that causes me problems.

I've been told to speak to a specific named person, who is in charge of hiring I assume, and to name drop my relative while handing in my resume. But I have to initiate that conversation first.

When I walk up to the place (a restaurant) whichever employee sees me first will assume I am a customer looking to be seated. What exactly should I say to them in order to be able to speak to the person I've been told to hand my CV to? And then when I speak to that person, what exact words should I say?

My resume is so chronically terrible it's unreal. A gap well over 4 years wide with absolutely nothing filling it and no prior work history. If the hiring person asks me about it I don't know what the fuck I can say. On the other hand if I can't even get a min-wage job WITH the power of nepotism behind me at I'll know conclusively that I am unemployable.
>>
>>16419986
>For my family it's as simple as "just speak to the manager and hand in your CV"
That's absolutely all you have to do. Walk up to any employee, ask to speak to [manager's name], say what you need to say, hand in your resume and leave. Don't worry about your resume if you have your relative looking out for you, especially if they're in a high position.
>>
>>16419986
Just do what the other guy said.

If you need to talk to a specific person, ask any employee for them. They will help you out.
>>
Saving throw.
Thread posts: 317
Thread images: 22

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.