[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

L or Light

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 57
Thread images: 5

File: deathnote.jpg (204KB, 1680x1050px) Image search: [Google]
deathnote.jpg
204KB, 1680x1050px
Whose sense of justice was correct?
>>
>>162304405
Light was in the wrong the moment he killed Lind L. Tailor.
>>
>>162304680
Are you saying that Light was at some point justified in his actions? Did he lose his way or discover the intentions he always held of the Death Note?
>>
>>162304405
Lights sense of justice is only the people who bring good to a society should be able to live. I agree with light much more then I ever did with l.
>>
>>162304405
Light didn't give a fuck about justice. He was just an egotistical murderer with a god complex.
>>
people say light turned astray when he tried to kill L, but what about the opposite? what if L had just left light alone instead? light would still have that airheaded look on his face and wouldn't be frustrated with the whole rivalry of wit. neither would unnecessary people be involved.
>>
>>162304680
L was also in the wrong for sacrificing tailor's life for the sake of his gamble to test light's powers.
>>
Light by default; L has no sense of justice and only takes on the Kira case since it's interesting
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (121KB, 1440x1080px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
121KB, 1440x1080px
>>162305717
>>
Why did L tell Kira that Lind was a decoy?
If you say he was treating it like a game then that's fucking stupid and makes him the worst detective.
>>
>>162305497
Tailor was literally going to be executed the very same day, he did nothing but make use of him in a faster manner.
>>
>>162305945
doesn't really matter. L imposed his own power above the law's to kill someone for his own personal gain.
>>
Since I'm not a tryhard 16 year old pseudo intellectual, I understand that Light is clearly in the right.
>>
L
>>
>>162304405
>L doesn't give a shit about the criminals around the world raping my country economy.
>Just responds to crimes he found interesting.
>Light kills every bad guy: the pedophile who raped 50 kids, the terrorist who killed innocent people and the politicians who stole the national treasure of your country.
L could be correct but I prefer a world with Kira giving me some hope.
>>
>>162304405
>Whose sense of justice was correct?
Just because L was correct does't mean he was raito.
>>
>>162305899
He had to piss off Kira to confirm his theory that Kira needed a face and a name.
>>
File: 1468812203623.jpg (38KB, 600x864px) Image search: [Google]
1468812203623.jpg
38KB, 600x864px
>>162304405
L

Light's "sense of justice" is autistic as fuck assuming it wasn't just an excuse to play god like L says. He executes anyone who commits increasingly trivial crimes up to the point that opposing his "sense of justice" is punishable by immediate death in no time flat. He clearly doesn't care about due process either. If his draconic brand of punishment either worked or was what most people wanted in any form then it would already be practiced, the Death Note isn't necessary to kill every felon upon conviction, the reason we don't do it is because it is retarded and only villains who want as much blood and chaos at their feet as possible do that.
>>
>>162304405
They are neither wrong nor right. Like Near said, both L and Light "lost" not because of their sense of justice, but because they made a mistake. In the end, whoever "wins" the game gets to decide who's justice is correct.
>>
>>162304405
Justice is flexible enough to that anyone can claim to be an ally of justice.

This is the point of the manga that westerners miss. Its a recurring theme in the Japanese media. The whole good/evil fight is meaningless as both can be good/bad. The rigid system is what causes problems.
>>
File: 1490933281432.png (24KB, 240x240px) Image search: [Google]
1490933281432.png
24KB, 240x240px
>>162307858
>Murder innocent reporter in cold blood
>dumb gaijin don't understand nipponese justice
>>
>>162304405
Mikami
>>
>>162304405
They both fucked up bad, just in different quantities
>>
>>162304405

Light of course, the criminal scum does nothing productive but turning thé World into crap
>>
>>162304405
Well one of them reduced the worlds crime rate by 70% so....
>>
>>162307680
In that case, you are evil, Kakyoin.
>>
>>162304405
The one that is not mass murdering people
>>
>>162307858
>This is the point of the manga that westerners miss.
The point of the manga, according to Ohba, is that death always comes unexpected and you should always try to make the most of your life.
>>
>>162304405
Light did nothing wrong.
>>
>>162308655
>Strong and healthy, who thinks of sickness until it strikes like lightning? Preoccupied with the world, who thinks of death, until it arrives like thunder?
>>
>>162304405
L. He may not have given a shit about justice, but at least he wasn't murdering thuosands of people, many of whom were already in jail so their deaths didn't even acomplish anything, or just innocents who were against him.
>>
the alive one
>>
>>162308916
>their deaths didn't even acomplish anything
The crime rate went down as stated by the policemen characters. It only went beck up after Loght's death. That asshole Near only cared about staying in business as a detective.
>>
>>162306666
8/10, very nice. I'd also say nice gets but I got banned for those not too long ago so I'm kinda getting cold feet.
>>
L.

NO CRIMES TO GO UNPUNISHED
>>
>>162308996
This guy gets it. They were both wrong. And that's okay, there is no right answer. What made DN so compelling was never really the stuff about justice anyways, it was watching two evenly matched nerds cross swords with wits, no homo.
>>
>>162306038
Tailor had a choice. They didn't force him to do it, how do you force someone that's going to die in 2 hours anyway to do what you want them to ? It was eiter he refuse L's proposal and die later that day, he goes on TV and get killed by Kira or he goes on TV and doesn't get killed wich result in him being released without getting hanged.
>>
There wouldn't be any more terrorist attacks in the world if kira was real.
Starting from muslims, many religious groups would behave themselves as well.

So I believe kira was right. It would be a dangerous world to live in but still a more secure one.
Kira would wipe all the wannabe terrorists that police decides to only watch until they act to blow shit up for example. In kira's world, they wouldn't have the time to wait until the right time to their shit.
>>
>>162304680
This. Lind L. Tailor may have been a criminal on death row but there was no way Light could've known that. As far as he's concerned, that's a completely innocent man condemning him on live tv and that was enough to murder him. That's when he became a criminal in my opinion. Until then, he was sort of just killing thugs so it's still kind of justifiable. I would've actually supported Light all the way if he'd stuck to only killing criminals. But when he pulled that shit I sided with L instead.
>>
>>162304405
If I had a Death Note then I would probably start doing the same thing as Light. But I wouldn't take it so far and only kill the absolute worst criminals.
>>
>name the protagonist "Light"
>I sure hope people see the symbolism

As far as Light's justice, it is totally immoral. As soon as compulsion is involved, any good intentions the act has is voided. If you are interested in that discussion, I'm sure there are many essays on A Clockwork Orange that deals with that very topic, as well as a non-fiction book, The Vision of the Anointed, which encapsulates Light's character perfectly.
>>
>>162304405
L. I don't know why a character who literally tried to become god can be considered good.
>>
>>162311028
Well, gods are good in most religions.
>>
>>162310230
>But I wouldn't take it so far and only kill the absolute worst criminals
That's easier said than done. Are you sure that your psyche is strong enough to not waver? And remember that if you use the note even once, you'll go to Mu when you'll die.
>>
>>162305899
To confirm that his theory that he wasn't omnipotent. (Kira couldn't kill him even after hearing his voice and that he was in Japan, he clearly needs a voice and name.) also, to humiliate him and make him more sloppy. Which in the end kind of worked cause right after that Light went off the deep end and started killing cops and their fiancées and shit.
>>
>>162312519
All humans go to the same place when they die, at least according to Ryuk in the manga. The thing about Death Note users not being able to go to heaven or hell was just a misleading statement meant to trick Light because heaven and hell don't exist to begin with.
>>
>>162304405
Light lost the plot when he got too drunk off power.
>>
>>162304405
The government's goyim, of course. Submit to your slave owners, like good little bitch you are.
>>
Both were hypocrites, but at least L wasn't an arrogant narcissist.
>>
>>162310230
Hopefully you wouldn't be so dumb that you kill clusters of criminals in your area like he did either
>>
L obviously. I'll say L every time.
>>
File: light-afbt.gif (797KB, 251x251px) Image search: [Google]
light-afbt.gif
797KB, 251x251px
The only justice Light cared about was getting his ego up on that godhood throne he thought he deserved.
>>
When I was younger I supported Light completely, now it's a gray area and I don't agree with either of them.
>>
>>162313221
He lost the moment when he started punishing people accused of a crime rather than if they were actually guilty of it or not.
>>
>>162309964
but they literally explode themselves in a terrorist attack
would raito kill them again?
>>
>>162304405
L didn't have a sense of justice. He was just caught up in the game and wanted to win.
>>
If Kira gets caught, he is evil.
If he succeeds, he's justice.

Light got caught, therefore L's sense of justice was righter.
Thread posts: 57
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.