[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Worse Villain of 2017?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 69
Thread images: 19

How is Stain even a thing?

>Is solely defined by his ideology
>His ideology fails to be relevant to the story.

>Heroes make money
But none of them are corrupt and forcing crime to make money that have been shown. None of them are compromising hero work for money. How is making a living helping others a bad thing?

>Some heroes are bad people.
Mainly Endeavor here, but again, so what? Endeavor clearly works his ass off to save and help people. Also all of Endeavor's personal life isn't known to the public.

>People use the word hero incorrectly
Grammar nazi?

>Glorifies Allmight
Allmight is no different than any of the other heroes except he's the strongest.

>Kills people and then says those who come after him for "revenge" aren't real heroes.
This doesn't even make sense. Nothing Ida did was against hero regulations and if Stain was a serial killler with that high of a body count it wouldn't be a surprise if the entire city was automatically against him due to him (again) being a serial killer and him falling under a heroes duty to stop.

>Exposing fake heroes by killing them without having a manifesto or evidence that they were corrupt or fake.
Just imagine this from the perspective of the public citizen. Some lunatic is going around killing your police force. Then this same lunatic after dozens of murders in cold blood, after he is caught, gives a speech how the police aren't "real heroes".

MHA actually takes this guy seriously, which is really the scary part of it all. That the author just forgot to world build corruption into his society and then expected his audience to go along with it.
>>
File: IMG_2070.jpg (19KB, 183x276px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2070.jpg
19KB, 183x276px
Overrated villain with generic goals.
>>
>>162303733
If Villains motivations made sense they would be Heroes and not Villains
>>
>>162303733
>author forgot to world build corruption
>series literally starts with a scene of a female hero showing off her ass and stealing hero credit in front of paparazzi
>>
File: 1515616161.jpg (61KB, 600x587px) Image search: [Google]
1515616161.jpg
61KB, 600x587px
>>162303733
>Is solely defined by his ideology
extremist, that leads to believe that
>Heroes make money
is a bad thing, that leads to
>His ideology is vital to the story.
because he sprung a whole new wave of "villains" inpired by him.

you might be a retard anon.
>>
I don't get your complaint, currently irl we're seeing worse motivation/justification that can build an entire fucking country, bamboozling millions that flock there, which means Stain's divisive motivation and the societal reaction to his ideals isn't really that unbelievable
>>
>>162303890
this.

Op is a speedreader faggot.
>>
File: 1492045069182.jpg (148KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
1492045069182.jpg
148KB, 1280x720px
>>162303733
This one is the worst of 2017.
Shit tier selfish motivations and no personality outside of being chuuni. The way she was defeated is pathetic too.
>>
>>162303733
Are you really taking Stain seriously? this nigger jobbed to 3 fucking kids, his whole purpouse on the story was to give Shiggy some kind of motivitaion and to bring on new members to the VA, that's all, he is can't even be considered a villian.
>>
File: image%3A109526_mirror.jpg (334KB, 2048x1152px) Image search: [Google]
image%3A109526_mirror.jpg
334KB, 2048x1152px
>>162303733
>>
File: wrong.jpg (116KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
wrong.jpg
116KB, 1280x720px
>>162303890
>females being attractive is corruption
>last-minute interruption is corruption

>this is what a serial killer uses to justify killing.

Lol I can't tell if you want BnHA to be shit or you just don't know what corruption is.
>>
>>162303961
It's not unbelievable to have an idiotic villain, it's pretty bad to have a series that takes the villain seriously.
>>
File: This is bait.jpg (169KB, 792x792px) Image search: [Google]
This is bait.jpg
169KB, 792x792px
>>162303733
Guess I'll bite.
>Nothing Ida did was against hero regulations
1. He is a hero in training (not yet licensed) and left his superior to do "hero work" on his own, which is illegal.
2. Not trying to be that "If you kill him, you're as bad as him!" faggot but killing someone out of vengeance is pretty immoral and not something that should be encouraged. I also highly doubt that's allowed in the hero regulations, you're supposed to capture villains and let the justice system figure out what to do with them. If he was there to save the hero being attacked or just trying to take him down to stop him from hurting others, it would be different.

>Allmight is no different than any of the other heroes except he's the strongest.
It's all about his attitude and how he carries himself. He inspires people and makes them feel that they're safe when he's around. He also doesn't pussy out if it's a bad quirk match-up like those heroes in the beginning that were just gonna lets the slime monster kill two kids.
>>
>>162303733
Dude's crazy and >>162303862 is correct, he is just that the most common denominator of the heroes out there fits his definition of hero (All Might), what he chases is vanity and frivolity, not corruption.
>>
>>162304686
*He is just mad
>>
>>162304654
How is it illegal? Shoto and Deku did the same thing.

Ida didn't come close to killing him. It's a non-issue.

Power defines allmight, nothing else. Those other heroes tried to help immediately lol.
>>
>>162303862
Villains are those who break the law to get to their objective. The commit crime.

If you honestly believe their objectives have to not make sense then you're an idiot.

Maybe it's just because the MHA fandom has never seen a good villain, but villains are often just those who use a shorter route to get to their destination, not babbling psychopaths.
>>
>>162303862
>black ⭐ star
Why do you need to use a tripcode if you are not aporting any OC?
>>
>>162304732
>How is it illegal? Shoto and Deku did the same thing.
Yes, and the police chief came and talked to them the next day about how what they did was illegal. They changed the official story so they wouldn't get in trouble and so the justice system didn't look stupid for not being able to beat him when some inexperienced students did.
>>
>>162304825
How is what they did illegal?

What is the law in MHA land where you can't stop a murder in progress?
>>
Ideals are what define us.
>>
>>162304901
You actually can, the law only says that you can't use your powers unless you have a license.

Same thing as stoping a murder or theft with a gun when you don't have a license, sure you saved someone but you're still breaking the law.
>>
File: I think he's retarded.jpg (48KB, 780x438px) Image search: [Google]
I think he's retarded.jpg
48KB, 780x438px
>>162304901
Do you even watch/read this? It's illegal because they don't have heroes licenses. You can't just go out and do police work without being hired and trained first. I'm not responding to you after this, you've collected enough (You)s from me.
>>
File: legato.jpg (26KB, 650x473px) Image search: [Google]
legato.jpg
26KB, 650x473px
Whole lotta humanist moralising going on in this thread
>>
>>162304919
I'd say actions are ultimately more important to who someone is than their beliefs and ideals.
>>
>>162304767
America pls.
Killing and harassing people regardless of what fairy tales you spin later is still bullshit and evil.
>>
>>162305215
Nihilist are lame.
>>
File: scuseme.png (596KB, 1019x720px) Image search: [Google]
scuseme.png
596KB, 1019x720px
>>162305111
>>162305111
Not to be "that guy" but none of this is relevant to what the OP was talking about regarding Stain.

Anyone who knows shit about law knows that Deku/Todoroki/Shoto would never be prosecuted because they were defending another citizen against a known serial killer. The entire city was on a manhunt to stop this guy and having three people stop a murder-in-progress would never lead to prosecution even if they "used their powers"(lol how is this even illegal in a power filled society? That's so stupid) .

Stain was a retarded villain who ultimately means nothing to the story that general "villains group up"(like they did from the start anyway) wouldn't already solve.
>>
File: huh.png (411KB, 470x940px) Image search: [Google]
huh.png
411KB, 470x940px
>>162303733
>trying to make sense out of bnha vil,lains

They're just there to act retarded, job to the heroes and move the plot.
>>
>>162305257
So every army soldier that has killed is evil? Not just Americans mind you.
Point is, morality is not absolute.
>>
>>162305257
Alright but killing people in order to obtain an objective is still a smart move if you can get away with it and it provides efficiency.

Being a moralfag isn't going to deny that.
>>
>>162305271
>Not to be "that guy" but none of this is relevant to what the OP was talking about regarding Stain.
I know, it started from him saying Iida didn't go against hero regulations, which he did.
>lol how is this even illegal in a power filled society? That's so stupid
It's to stop people from using their powers freely in the streets and keep things from getting too crazy. You need some structure to stop idiots from doing stupid shit.
>>
>>162305260
Modern humanists are almost invariably nihilists and ironically are the inheritors of new-christian morality.
Don't talk shit about Legato by the way
>>
>>162305089
>>162305369
LMAO. So in bnha, if someone tries to attack you with their powers, you can't use yours for self defense.
>>
File: IMG_3808.png (623KB, 750x1334px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3808.png
623KB, 750x1334px
>>162304612
>>162304568
Idiotic is subjective, and in case you missed it, pic related

What I see is everytime Stain's ideals is brought up, it always devolves into whether it is wrong to pursue heroism, which is basically a career in their universe, for reasons other than doing good deeds, which is an unresolveable debate because it's always comes down to each individual. This kind of debate is akin to debating whether it is wrong for doctors to enter the field if their true motivation is not saving people but they do their job anyway
>>
>>162305463
Clearly you haven't seen people getting arrested for manslaugther for defending themselves
>>
>>162305463

Its more that all of them went out there to do "hero work" then anything else without a license. Iida went to fight stain, Deku went to save Iida and Todo went to save Deku.

The police didn't want to punish them, but according to the law they broke. Rather then potentially stunting the kids careers and fighting a legal battle that they themselves don't want, they just swept it under the rug and let Endeavor take the credit.
>>
>>162303733
Stain was right and you are wrong
>>
>>162305463
The system will probably overlook self defense situations but most people have pretty shitty quirks for fighting/self defense so most just run away and let the heroes do the work. Imagine if someone attacked Dekus mom, what the hell would she do? Her tears would make a better weapon than her quirk.
>>
>>162304568
>Focusing on stealing credit and appealing to mass media instead of actual heroing is not corruption
>>
>>162304825
That's not the reason they changed the story. If word got out that the U.A trio took down Stain, then the news would have publicized their feats. In short, their actions would have fallen under vigilantism, and their actions would have gotten themselves expelled. The only reason no one got expelled during the Kamino incident was that of All Might's retirement.
>>
>>162303733
>Grammar nazi?

I think that's it really, he complains that this set of people that rescue other people and stops criminals on a daily basis shouldn't be called heroes, and i agree, they should be called policemen and there's little reason why they shouldn't be called policemen besides the outrageous costumes and the retarded ranking system, but i let it slide becouse this sort of series lean more to the camp side than the edge side, at least for Japan, in the USA most of this shit wouldn't fly
>>
File: IMG_0385.jpg (377KB, 869x1262px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0385.jpg
377KB, 869x1262px
>>162305609
But Mount Lady still put her own body in danger by being a human shield to rescue Bakugo even when she knew she would get no credit for it. I don't think any Hero in BnHA is a hero solely for the money (could be wrong though, as I haven't read past the OFA vs AFO chapter and its been a year since then.
>>
File: 1326662408019.jpg (17KB, 280x302px) Image search: [Google]
1326662408019.jpg
17KB, 280x302px
>>162303733
>How is Stain even a thing?
The only time in the entire manga that heroes got fucking TOLD and couldnt even say a word back: the character. Its obvious the mangaka still has something planned for him, what are your bets anon?
>mfw he becomes Midoriya's mentor after Allmight dies
>>
>>162306536
Stain's argument is a castle built on sand and he most definitely did not BTFO heroes, he was just tenacious and vicious to an extreme, but I agree that we have more to see from him. Your other point that Stain will mentor Deku is ludicrous and really not in the spirit of the show so far.
>>
>>162306352
Adding that she got caught in AFO fire later on, even thought dead for couple of weeks. Giant-ass lady got a lot of respect from readers after that fight.
>>
>>162306648
That heroic scene is pretty much the only thing she's got going for her in my mind, everything else about her reeks of a personality I can't stand in fiction or in real life. But she's still young as fuck, so she'll probably get better and more mature in her career.
>>
>>162306915
Anon I'm very sorry, but she's got no career left. Quirkless people can't be heros.
>>
>>162303733
Poor man's Garou
>>
File: dekumom.gif (292KB, 640x360px) Image search: [Google]
dekumom.gif
292KB, 640x360px
>>162307030
wut

You thinking of Ragdoll?
>>
>>162307057
I should stop speedreading.
>>
>>162303733
I agree OP, I don't even Know what purpose he served
>>
>>162303733
That's the point. He's a supreme autist who can't handle people using words in the wrong way.
>>
File: VTEC JUST KICKED IN, YO.gif (386KB, 765x720px) Image search: [Google]
VTEC JUST KICKED IN, YO.gif
386KB, 765x720px
>>162307098
that's blindingly fast speedreading, anon
>>
File: burning-house.jpg (55KB, 590x350px) Image search: [Google]
burning-house.jpg
55KB, 590x350px
>Some heroes are bad people.
>Mainly Endeavor here, but again, so what? >Endeavor clearly works his ass off to save and help people. Also all of Endeavor's personal life isn't known to the public.
This is a very good observation. According to Stain's ideology, he should also go kill every cop just directing traffic, or a fireman who refuses to go into a raging burning house at the last second to "check for survivors or the random stranded pet". Not everyone is a stupid maniacal "badass" who puts their lives at risk 24/7, and those guys definitely don't have super powers. They're just public servants who do the best they can to the best of their ability and still have to go home at night to their families. Also, once in a while, those same normal public servants once in a while do go out of their way to do amazing things. They simply just don't do it all the time because they're just normal people, but it's ok to call them "heroes" when they do. The whole concept of Stain's motivations is just stupid
>>
>>162306352
I think that's the point. Her first couple appearances. Mt. Lady is shown to be greedy and self interested with her heroics. Then comes the raid arc and she pulls that save. It's not like she won't get credit, but that moment of self sacrifice disproves Stain's overall thesis.

That being said, it's not like that one moment erases the number of heroes that are basically fighting over popularity and funding. The system is still screwy.
>>
>>162307289
I wouldn't say it downright disproves his thesis, but yeah you're right. The main problem we as the readers have, is that we don't know much about the society and its workings. We can only take some statements and interpolate between them.

Well, to me it looks like the story will conclude that their society doesn't need heroes as a profession and anyone can be a hero, giving everyone the freedom to use their quirk (with some regulations)
>>
>>162304568
Females using their body to get what they want isn't corrupt but certainly isn't good.You aren't supposed to sympathise with stain or relate to him just understand him.
>>
>>162303733
He's like Garou except edgier and even more retarded.
>>
>>162307585
Giving everyone the freedom to use their quirks with some regulations sounds extremely dangerous.
>>
File: 1505434440162.png (692KB, 891x768px) Image search: [Google]
1505434440162.png
692KB, 891x768px
Hey /a/ can you help me? Is there a series where the villains aren't all " we are ebil and rude, we like blood and to kill and we hate everything else including each other"? Like, I want the villains to go to the beach together, and possibly do happy birthday parties for each others.
>>
>>162308498
Knowing that, you should see their universe version of Burgerland
>>
>>162308485
Garou is basically a tsun tsun towards heroes
>>
>>162304449
Altair is the hero, though. She is a knight who fights for the weak.
>>
>>162304568
>>this is what a serial killer uses to justify killing

not sure if you noticed but Stain didn't look completely sane, there's some logic to what he said but he made some gigantic leaps to reach the conslusion he reached, cuz you know, he's crazy
>>
>>162304568
In the Prequel we see Stain as a Vigilante hunting and killing Yakuza members and thugs.

He is stopped by another vigilante named Knuckleduster and basically says "Hey, I see you don't care for the red-tape either and are willing to do everything you can to stop these villians, so I have no issue with you.".

Knuckleduster responds with "Nah mate, tell you what, when you cross this line infront of me, I'm going to punch your teeth in."

Stain approaches, but is caught off guard when Knuckleduster lunges forward and decks him, breaking his nose into pulp and saying "I never said that -I- couldn't cross the line though.".

Which leads to the breaking point of Stain who now can see that Villians are pretty bad, but the ones that pose as a hero, pretend to be a hero, but are really rotton to the core are the worst, they are the ones he should be killing.

the Tl:Dr is Stain is fucking mental and obsessive, who is currently obsessing over culling the "Fake" heros from society.
>>
>>162308850
Tentai Tenshi Sunred and Zvezda come to mind.
>>
>>162310058
Thanks I'll check them out.
>>
File: Stendhal.png (391KB, 457x837px) Image search: [Google]
Stendhal.png
391KB, 457x837px
>>162310022
That wasn't what Knuckleduster did you daft twat.

He forced Stendhal to re-evalute his ideology, like by saying that a fake hiding behind a mask trying to act as two different people had weak convictions and so on.

Punching him by crossing the line didn't have any baring on it, it was simply the serial killer listening to the vigilante talk to his apprentice while lying on the ground with a shattered nose and being affected by those words.

Then he sliced it off because his broken mind saw it as part of reaffirming his new beliefs, like no longer wearing the big shiny mask.
Thread posts: 69
Thread images: 19

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.