[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

so who would have won?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 53
Thread images: 3

File: champloo_jinmugen0078[1].jpg (40KB, 704x396px) Image search: [Google]
champloo_jinmugen0078[1].jpg
40KB, 704x396px
so who would have won?
>>
>>162296675
Depends on the setting desu.
A dojo Jin, any other non-conventional environment with some space then Mugen. Both ways it's a close fight.
>>
>>162296738
i think Jin would have won no matter the setting
>>
none they would just eat food and sleep
>>
>>162296675
I would always bet on Jin
>>
Jin, not even close
>>
>>162296778
I think he would have lost the first fight of the series if it kept going. It's safe to say he'd never faced anyone remotely like Mugen and wasn't prepared.
>>
why did jin wear glasses anyway
>>
>>162296778
Same, but it would be a close fight and potentially cost Jin dearly, not just if he pulled the same stunt he did with Kariya.

Jin was the better fighter, Mugen was the more creative one. Basically the way I see it, someone who was a master swordsman would have a far less difficult time facing Mugen than Jin, but people who were skilled but not experts would be thrown off by Mugen's style and adaptability. What would have really been dope is if they trained together and adapted their styles to fight the other, as well as picking up tactics and techniques from each other.

Then I really don't see anything but a fucking draw whether it's by broken sword or them both dying.
>>
>>162296873
I think how Jin started using Mugen's moves after their first fight.

Mugen does that sort of 'back-to-back' roll on Jin, and later on in the series Jin starts using the same trick in other fights.

A neat little thing I'm not sure a lot of people noticed.
>>
>>162296948
I like how*
>>
The real question is whether blind lady could defeat hand of the gods.
>>
>>162297041
im sure he would have just flowed like water and she wouldn't sense him
>>
>>162296675
Jin
>>
>>162296675
When I was a kid I would have said Mugen. However after rewatching the entire series recently I have to say with out a doubt Jin.

Also the blind girl was far stronger than both.
>>
I don't think Mugen would win. He might possibly win because I think he is less bound by honor and more prone to fight dirty, even when up against a respected ally..
>>
>>162296948
I noticed Jin using that move often but never realized he learned it from Mugen.
>>
>>162296873

This too. The more you are trained and in a bubble, the less prepared you are most often. Once you've been out and about in the world, you learn how to deal with unpredictable opponents more reliably.

Usually it's a cardinal rule to keep your techniques simple and direct on someone who is inexperienced and/or unpredictable, giving them little time to react and leaving you open the least.

Mugen is a bit of a best case/worse case scenario, able to utterly destroy formally trained people because of his experience and his own skill as he's arguably a master swordsman in his own right in everything except economy of motion/pragmatism of technique. He eats people who are formally trained for breakfast so long as they're not truly seasoned and tested as he has seen all their tricks but they've never seen his. Someone like Kariya or Jin (later on), their minds stay clear and can see things that most people don't, such as recognizing when Mugen is off-balance or of course, seeing several steps ahead of him which is saying something because Mugen is doing that as well and is super flexible in his reactions.

His weakness is that his reactions usually aren't as tempered and to the point as the trained strikes from Kariya or Jin. Now that assassin from episode 2 I think it was? I think he would have killed Mugen. In the time same amount of time he fought Jin. Obviously Jin was dead as fuck if he didn't stop too.

That later on plays into Jin rejecting his school being made into a school of assassins, rejecting the notion of killing for the government, instead of following the Way of the Sword.

Make no mistake, Samurai, no matter how proud were loyal dogs to their masters and Jin's teacher wasn't raising actual Samurai.

Source: my ass and 20 years of Martial arts. Also my ass
>>
>>162297185
yeah, go back and watch the first fight again. mugen uses it on jin to dodge an attack.
>>
>>162297127
Kariya>>Blind Girl>>>>Jin>=Mugen
>>
>>162297319
Did it seem like to anyone else Kariya really held back in his fights with Jin? I think he could have just spammed his chi and ghost-striked him.
>>
>>162297393
To be fair, that "list" doesn't really count the final fights. It's possibly Kariya underestimated Jin a little, but I DO think that by the end of the series it was more rock paper scissors, with Jin>Kariya, Blind Girl>Jin, Kariya>Blind Girl.

Mugen having a huge disadvantage against all three but otherwise in same league.
>>
>>162297393
He probably wanted to relish the fight since it was his first fight in such a long time.
>>
>>162297393
Also Kariya's own admission was Jin was only slightly less skilled than he, but it's very hard to predict someone sacrificing themselves to deliver a killing blow.

>>162297504
This too, but I don't think he really held back a ton, maybe dragged it out a bit though I agree.
>>
>>162297477
>>162297319
>>162297262
I think Jin would have been killed by that Chi master mugen defeated .
>>
>>162296904
shit genes dude

same for me
>>
>>162297538
Yeah people forget about that fucker. I was hoping the whole time he would somehow end up confronting Jin.
>>
>>162296675
Jin. Mugen would have worn himself out with all his bullshit eventually.
>>
>>162297538
Forgot about him. Holy hell that dude was a beast. I truly think it's less of who is "better" and more of opposing forces as well as being suited to certain match-ups.

again, if they trained with each other after the series end, they'd be nigh-unbeatable and totally on par.
>>
>>162297504
>>162297524
Don't forget he could have killed Mugen several times but instead pushed him into the water to mess with him.
>>
>>162297545
>>162296904
Nah they were confirmed to not be prescription during the episode they pawned all of their shit.
>>
>>162297545
they were for decoration, remember?
>>
>>162297524
I think when Kariya said that he was talking about swordfighting, not taking into account his fringe factor spirit powers which he didn't used.
>>
>>162296675
At the start of the story, Jin, hands down. That being said, Mugen has much more potential than him and is a faster learner, so towards the end of the series they were about equal. As more time goes on, Mugen would handily overtake him.
>>
>>162297582
Yah i know because I've done that same thing many times in pvp matches in online games.
>>
>>162297582
yeah, Kariya was far above Mugen's level not to mention it was probably the worst match-up style wise: Someone who has mastered the sword to the level where he's not bound by the rules and techniques even though he has mastered them.

there was no way Mugen was outsmarting or catching him off-guard. Jin damn near died to force what was almost a draw.
>>
>>162297642
you're severely underestimating Jin
>>
>>162296675
Why are characters named Jin always so fucking similar
>>
>>162297647
>let someone live because you're toying with them
>they end up killing you, or their teammate does
>>
File: 1505099794966.jpg (189KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1505099794966.jpg
189KB, 1920x1080px
why didnt mugen just use his air blade technique when he gave up his sword in the last episode?
>>
>>162297648
forgot to add, where as Mugen never gave a shit about the rules and techniques, Kariya had mastered and transcended them so he wasn't bound by them. Also spirit techniques would have totally unbalanced the fight. Jin is stupid lucky.

To be honest though, I don't think Jin would have fared nearly as well against the brothers Mugen fought. I don't see him losing though.

>>162297642
>Mugen has more potential
Because?

>Is a faster learner
It always appears to be fast learning when they start, and Mugen is a rookie in the "formal" way of the sword. Mugen's advantage is that he's not bound by his own rules, something Jin I don't think is either, but he's obviously more suited to a sterilized environment and fighting other formal students.

You do know that slow to learn, quick to master is a thing right? If I learn slower than you and you can perform the technique or whatever sooner than I, but a little later I finally get it but end up with a deeper understanding and go from good to great in almost no time, that is a real thing.

Both end up at about the same spot after a long period of time (given the same amount of effort), but archetypes are honestly poor and inaccurate measurements of skill and "potential". Too many people get called slow learners and get that label smacked on them, when what really is happening is that they're getting a deeper understanding, which they don't really need at the start and to start using what they've learned, but it makes it longer for them to have the "Ah ha!" moment. Once that AH HA moment hits all bets are off if the guy ahead of them slacks off.
>>
>>162297754
Old man Musashi (fake?) would have wrecked all of them.
>>
>>162297877
Mugen managed to sue that Chinese ki shit just by being attacked with it once, do you think Jin would be able to replicate it like that? No.

Even if it's not that Mugen is just more of a genius or something, the fact of the matter is that Mugen has much more potential for developing his fighting style because it revolves around accumulating ideas from everywhere, which he does quickly and competently. Meanwhile Jin is hitting an asymptote where he essentially has to just hone his current skills to an even more razor sharp level. His skills are logarithmic, Mugen's are linear. Mugen will be stronger one day.
>>
>>162298151
Tldr;
>Mugen is McGreggor and Jin is Mayweather
>>
>>162298151
Mugen would've gotten his ass handed to him by Karina, though, whereas only Jin was able to take him on. The air attack chi shit only bounced back. Mugen was and never will be able to master that because it's not in his nature to sit down and study, which is what that type of esoteric power needs to be mastered. Jin would've had an easier time, simply because of the already esoteric nature of his sword fighting discipline.
>>
>>162298202
That's exactly what he's saying BUT the only thing is that they're both competing in the same arena unlike Floyd and Connor. In the cage or on the street Connor would quite literally be able to KILL Floyd without much fanfare.

Mugen and Jin both are swordfighters who fight in the same types of arenas so it's not a perfect analogy, even if Jin is far more suited to fighting in a Dojo, its still the same rules of combat.

Putting together ideas from everywhere without a solid base is nowhere near as efficient as having a base and building on it. You are assuming Jin can't pick up movements from other styles or incorporate other techniques. You also are forgetting quality of techniques.

I'd rather fight someone unpredictable with half-assed technique than someone who is predicatable with one strike that could wreck me.

Flexibility and adaptability in ones reliable rigidity using their style usually beats reliable rigidity in one using flexibility and adaptability. More techniques and more variations doesn't automatically mean better fighter. Hapkido has about 1000 wristlocks, but why not learn 6 or 7 you can really use and master them and start adapting them?

This is why boxers almost never lose to martial artists/strikers who don't box or come from a pragmatic fighting style that fight full contact regularly.

I'll take the guy 5 world-class tools over the guy with 500 "good" tools anyday. I have never met a good fighter who did not have a base. Even if the base was streetfighting they had certain "techniques" that they favored and those techniques were ridiculous once they became polished but it never gave them such an advantage that it pushed them automatically above and beyond people who started with training.
>>
>>162296675
Jin defeated the best swordman in Edo while Mugen struggled against a guy with chain...
>>
Wouldn't they be unstoppable if they teamed up and worked together? It should've ended with them ditching Fuu to travel together to hone their skills.
>>
>>162297679
Because it's like being named Human.
>>
Mugen's got shit under his sleeve like that hidden blade in the butt of his scabbard or the steel geta.

Also his style is a pretty cool thing to see. But yeah, Jin would win for sure.
>>
beginning of series: mugen. remember how jin was about to get shit on by the firefly samurai since he wasn't used to fighting outside a dojo? near the end jin would handle mugen pretty easily though.
>>
>>162299051
What was the deal with that samurai anyway? He said he'd meet Jin later, but that never happened.
>>
>>162299137
He wanted the D
Thread posts: 53
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.