[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TCs l7AcmUd4 Can't wait for BDs

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 113
Thread images: 15

File: 84736l.jpg (65KB, 423x600px) Image search: [Google]
84736l.jpg
65KB, 423x600px
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TCsl7AcmUd4
Can't wait for BDs
>>
>>162242356
can't wait for season 3
>>
>>162242356
She looks potato in that pic.
>>
>>162242356
Why won't they just let it die? Literally no one wants anything more from this franchise after AO happened. They clearly have no idea what made the original show decent.
>>
>it's been 12 years
>I still listen to the soundtrack on a regular basis

man that show was good
>>
>>162243975
>Literally no one wants anything more from this franchise after AO happened.
Nobody wanted anything more from this franchise after the first series ended.
>They clearly have no idea what made the original show decent.
If only it was "decent"
>>
E7 is the perfect example of a great idea executed terribly. Although, i do have a soft spot for the episodic crawl. You don't see contemplative episodes in the vein of Wolfs Rain or Big O anymore. Sure they were terribly paced but each episode was more or less self containted and i'm a sucker for a series pulling out of that episodic cycle into a finale IF it all makes sense.

Soundtrack cannot be beat and almost salvages the whole production though.
>>
>>162244349
Big O was trash. Wolfs Rain was mediocre but just boring. Not sure what it is in those two shows you don't see anymore.
E7 was a 10/10
>>
>>162244472
woah bud. You're gonna need to elaborate.
>>
>>162244493
On what?
>>
>>162244506
k
>>
>>162242356
I heard they didn't do the fast forward shit well and it ended up being a clusterfuck. The beginning and most new footage looked pretty cool though. Looks like Renton missed his dad at first.
>>
I've got a confession to make /a/, Eureka was my first Waifu when I was a kid. I watched AO religiously despite it being absolute dogshit, and I'll be watching this too.
>>
Man, if they just had a comfy slice of life OVA I wouldn’t come crawling back every time they have “new” content. I love this story but even fans who love it to death can get pretty sick of the same plot being retold.
That being said, I can’t wait to see it.
>>
>>162244021
>If only it was "decent"
E7 was awesome (but the football episode sucks).
>>
>>162245051
>I watched AO religiously
Yeah. I got through it in a few days too but that doesn't mean a thing

>>162245124
This meme has gotten out of hand. It was a fine episode. It had neat animaton and wasn't that the episode with the street musicians?
>>
>>162245124
>E7 was awesome
-ly mediocre
>>
>>162245208
To think it was trash is a meme to you? What the fuck does it even mean? And for god's sake, that episode's animation was horrendous.
>>
>>162245362
You can't mention anything about it you just keep repeating what someone else told you.
>>
E7 had some of the best character developments in medium. On par with eva and planetes.
>>
>>162245381
Ha, you are one of those persons.
>>
>>162245456
Again. You haven't said anything. You hit reply. But you didn't say anything.
>>
File: giphy.gif (974KB, 500x281px) Image search: [Google]
giphy.gif
974KB, 500x281px
>>162245420
>E7 had some of the best character developments in medium
>>
>>162245472
The clear EVA and Planetes namedropping didn't strike you as bait?
>>
>>162245420
Pffffft only a fanboy would say this. A show has to do a lot things with its characters to develop them well and most of those in the show only have a personality and that's pretty much it.

Not that Im defending the other two shows.
>>
>>162245220
It was pretty average, not a lot of fans will say it but I will. It had a long way to go before being even remotely comparable to some of the more well known mecha shows.
>>
>>162242356
Can't wait for this to flop like AO!
>>
>>162245824
It's going to flop for sure, it's mostly reused footage and used pretty badly for a cashgrab.
>>
>>162245687
Yeah, there are way better shonen out there. I liked this show when it aired but it's a pretty lackluster ride after you watch it a few times.
>>
>>162242356
I thought that AO destroyed the franchise
>>
>>162246107
It did, it basically proved Bones never took the first show seriously since they didn't even remember wat the fak happened. I'm surprised it ended up being what it was storywise it could've been a lot worse.
>>
>>162246107
That was the movie
>>
Since we're at it, let me say it plain and straight: E7 is awesome and Bones is on of the best animation studios out there. Now hit me with your best "meme opinions" (ahahaha).
>>
>>162242356
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5Smjs-d_KhE

Is the song at 0:20 another version of Glory Days? does it have a name or something or is it just the unreleased instrumental?
>>
>>162243975
>>162245124
Eureka 7 was absolute shit.
>>
>>162247417
This, easily 3/10 garbage tier show if it was analyzed in depth. It masks a lot of its deficincies with some decent characterization for the majority but just about all characters are pretty 1 dimensional. Holland, Talho, and the Beams were probably the only good characters in the show the rest either have contradictory or inconsistent development. Eureka was probably almost as good as the other ones I mentioned but that's it.
>>
>>162248191
Oh yeah, Dominic was also another noteworthy character but his lack of screentime made it hard to really put him in there with Eureka. Anemone is behind him for similar reasons.
>>
What is this even supposed to be? Is it a recap movie?
>>
File: Eureka.jpg (48KB, 438x450px) Image search: [Google]
Eureka.jpg
48KB, 438x450px
Is this just supposed to be some remake? Here I was getting excited for a continuation of the story and all we get is a rehash.
>>
>>162250479
I think it's a prequel and then the rest is a remake.
>>
>>162242356
Was hoping for another Niji remix as the theme song.
>>
Why can't they just leave this series alone? Why do they keep shitting on it? The original was fine and ended perfectly, but apparently nips hate happy endings so they decided to "retell" the story through the manga, movie and other shit that makes the ending bittersweet or tragic. And then there was AO, don't even get me started on that shit.
>>
>>162250726
Do get started on AO
>>
>>162242356
>Holland no longer voiced by Keiji Fujiwara
;_;
>>
>>162253165
Why not? Shit.
>>
I enjoy E7 quite a bit and have been looking forward to getting some more.

>>162250560
A while back anons were claiming that it would be done in three parts. One prequel, one summation of the original series and then a continuation of the story. Maybe that was just wishful thinking and that's not the case in reality?
>>
I want to believe this will be amazing since I enjoyed the original series so much.

But I know in my heart it can't be seeing as how the movie turned out or that abortion AO.

Maybe this will retcon all the AO stuff at the very least.
>>
>>162245124
>Football
>>
>>162254542
>But I know in my heart it can't be seeing as how the movie turned out or that abortion AO
I've actually stayed away from AO since people say it ruins the original. I decided that my canon ending would be the ending of the original series. I have still not encountered anyone claiming my decision was a mistake.
>>
>>162254542
AO had some good things in it though, some of the characters were pretty good additions to the story. Heck I'd go as far as to say Ao surpassed Renton's character handling.
>>
>>162254622
The thing about AO that grinds a lot of people's gears is the fact a lot of what happens in the story contradicts events in the first show. I don't know how this happened, not even video games do that if the studios put their heart into them.
>>
>>162243917
Eureka always was this potato.
>>
>>162254739
That's because none of the original writers participated in the sequel. AO was a completely new thing with some cameos here and there.
>>
>>162254672
At the cost of adding more waifu cancer and good writing for villains.

I get it that they make this stuff to sell and that means fan service to sell figures and prints, but it feels like they took some generic mecha show script and shoehorned it into the E7 universe.
>>
>>162246328
>E7 is awesome
Yes, it is.
>Bones is on of the best animation studios out there
Only wrt animation. They seriously need someone to proofread their scripts while they concentrate on doing sakuga animation.
>>
>>162254803
Well yeah but how am I supposed to believe no one, not even T Kyoda knew what happened in the first show? He directed both and is supposed to be in part responsible for the story direction. Had they ended AO with the episode when Ao meets Eureka then at least you wouldn't have the clusterfuked second season and no extra money wasted. It looked like they had no clue how they were going to end it so they started pulling nonsense out of nowhere like the kanon thing.
>>
>>162246169
I'm surprised people are still blaming BONES and not Kyoda since he's been involved with every E7 related project since it ended and not much else
>>
>>162254901
Haha they recapped the first show in Japan I guess to help viewers understand what was going on in AO and they still didn't know what happened in the story.
>>
>>162254901
Maybe he was too busy with the cool mecha fights to care. And anyway AO started somewhat decently and the character development was alright, until around the time they switched villains with Truth, dropped half the plot lines (what was the deal with Elena, again?) and everything stopped making any sense. The retcon cannon was the laziest plot device I've ever seen.
>>
What actually happens in AO? I skipped it and all I've heard is that it's terrible and everyone likes to pretend it didn't happen.
>>
>>162255086
Dewey was right. Mating with the coral scum is a bad idea.
>>
>>162255061
>until around the time they switched villains with Truth,
They never switched villains he was always the villain
>dropped half the plot lines (what was the deal with Elena, again?)
They never dropped any plotlines, Elena turned out to not be from another world like she wanted to but someone Eureka saved from the past while time hoping
> and everything stopped making any sense
Just like the original
> The retcon cannon was the laziest plot device I've ever seen
Almost as lazy as the Seven Swell which conveniently shuts down all LFOs so that Renton would never have to kill someone ever again because whats a war story without killing right?
>>
>>162255086
It starts out kind of ok then quickly loses its shit a few episodes in and starts taking a monster of the week format with the mecha action and stays that way for half the show. Then the second half it flips its shit and introduces a retconning device (literally) and everytime the main character fires it the viewer suffers. The viewer suffers because the show completely shits on story progression and eventually it happens enough times for the viewer to lose sense of any development a lot of characters had. If that wasn't bad enough the show flips the switch on the antagonist and he goes into psycho berserk nonsense mode and destroys the rest of the show all the way to the final few episodes.

Tl:dr The show continually retcons its story after it's halfway done and in the end retcons EVERYTHING except the main character. He's the only one that knows what happened.
>>
>>162253959
Currently on hiatus for unspecified medical reasons. He's supposed to be returning soon though.
>>
>>162255229
>They never switched villains he was always the villain
Because nobody remembers Naru. Not even she knows what was supposed to be her role.
>They never dropped any plotlines, Elena turned out to not be from another world like she wanted to but someone Eureka saved from the past while time hoping
Yeah, and they spent several chapters foreshadowing her mental problems for them to never have any relevance again (nor Elena in general).
>Almost as lazy as the Seven Swell which conveniently shuts down all LFOs so that Renton would never have to kill someone ever again because whats a war story without killing right?
It's a story about space hippies and "let's stop fighting and love each other" is a lazy conclusion but follows from the story until then. Not even comparable to "let's forget about all the things that happened until now cause they never really happened".
>>
>>162255229
Yeah but you can't compare a plot device that eliminates a combative situation with a device that literally changes what's going on in a story. Besides the seven swell really only happens like 1 in a major battle and the biggest asspull happens in the last episode.
>>
File: 14901087318548.png (1MB, 1600x900px) Image search: [Google]
14901087318548.png
1MB, 1600x900px
>>162255086
AO is about as "well-written" as E7 teh only difference is that its lacking the emotional crutch E7 had with Renton and Eureka's relationship since it more plot driven than character driven because are willing to forgive E7's many lapses in writing and plot holes because they like the cast enough to get through it but AO didn't have that. The show does kinda unfucks itself with a new ending that's more satisfying than the original ending but its kind of a mess.
>>
>>162255314
Maybe I should rewatch it. This genuinely doesn't sound all that bad. My issue with it just was that it wasn't actually episodic like the original was
>>
>>162255229
>Almost as lazy as the Seven Swell which conveniently shuts down all LFOs so that Renton would never have to kill someone ever again because whats a war story without killing right?
I never saw E7 as a war story. Sure there was a war going on and they say they're fighting in a war, but I think the focus was always on Renton growing up, finding out who he is having grown up in his father's shadow. The whole war setting and saving the world was just a framework to let this happen. Also, the seventh swell effect is a bit overpowered and a deus ex machina, sure, but it was portrayed as such from the beginning and I think it makes a good symbol for Renton finding his own strength and his own path.
>>
>>162255483
>Because nobody remembers Naru.
She was never a villain though. Yeah she was very poorly handled (embarrassingly so) but not a villain.
>Yeah, and they spent several chapters foreshadowing her mental problems for them to never have any relevance again
What mental problems? She was just a chuuni who thought her life would be cool like in those Japanese animes she was a fan of. Her remembering the old universe was a red herring.
>It's a story about space hippies and "let's stop fighting and love each other"
Its a story that's very heavily inspired by the counter culture clash of the 60's and has a shit load of war motifts, its not about space hippies considering how much Kyoda wakes off to Mobile Suit Gundam in it.
>is a lazy conclusion but follows from the story until then
No its just lazy. I can do the exact same thing since AO was more geared towards the scifi motifts of alternate wars, the time lapse theory and dimension hopping the "Quartz Gun" falls in line with with the story.
>>
>>162255596

Bitch please. Euerka Seven didn't have a gun that shot plotholes.
>>
>>162255596
>AO is about as "well-written" as E7
AO doesn't even scratch the paint on E7's writing, I don't know how retarded or inattentive anyone has to be to believe this is true. AO doesn't have consistent characters, or even a consistent setting, nothing anybody does makes them seem like real people - when Eureka shows up she acts the most like a human and she's a fucking alien, plot points are literally dropped at a whim and it also ends with a literal reset button which is such a shitty writer's crutch that it automatically disqualifies the writing in AO from any kind of competition and don't even get me started on MBS shoehorning separatism propaganda in the most unsubtle way possible.
>>
>>162255830
>Euerka Seven didn't have a gun that shot plotholes.
Yeah it had a mecha that was powered by plotholes
>>
>>162255884
>AO doesn't even scratch the paint on E7's writing, I don't know how retarded or inattentive anyone has to be to believe this is true.
Its not that hard since E7 wasn't well written at all and if you believe so you are a jackass of the highest caliber.
>>
>>162255904
Fuck off Chocobar.

On the off chance you're not Chocobar, Nirvash was powered by love and understanding and SS signified new steps in the characters' development. Here, I spoonfed you.
>>
>>162255884
Wow people really didn't bother to pay attention did they?
>>
>>162243981
The soundtrack was phenomenal. Even AO, disappointment it was, still had a great one.

Jump from Running, theEND and Dewey's theme especially are favorites.
>>
File: 1489722030141.jpg (100KB, 720x720px) Image search: [Google]
1489722030141.jpg
100KB, 720x720px
>>162255965
>>162255937
>>162255904
Okay, it's Chocobar. Pack it up.
>>
>>162255962
>Nirvash was powered by love and understanding and SS signified new steps in the characters' development
This is what E7fags believe. This is what E7fags defend
>>
File: Eureka.Seven.full.92667.jpg (83KB, 704x528px) Image search: [Google]
Eureka.Seven.full.92667.jpg
83KB, 704x528px
>>162255229
>war story
It was more of a coming of age/romance story than it was a war story.
>>
>>162255979
>>162255962
>>162255884
>The power of LOVE is used as a plot device
Brilliant anime 10/10
>Dimensional hoping and time displacement is used as a plot device
WHAT IS THIS GARBAGE! AO WAS A MISTAKE
>>
>>162255999
>>162256057
Fuck off Chocobar
>>
File: eureka-7-ed-04-eureka-war-doll.jpg (68KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
eureka-7-ed-04-eureka-war-doll.jpg
68KB, 640x480px
>>162256030
>>162255483
>>162255656
>E7 wasn't a war story
Er...what?
>>
>>162255904
I don't understand how the Nirvash was powered by plotholes, just because it happens to change into a form so powerful by the end that Renton can save the world doesn't mean this could've happened from the start. I assume this is what you mean.
>>
>>162256096
Would you also call Lord of the Ring a war story? Something isn't a war story just because people are fighting.
>>
File: gun.jpg (5KB, 259x194px) Image search: [Google]
gun.jpg
5KB, 259x194px
>>162256030
I hated those little shits so much. Especially when the mongloid looking one with the major oedipus complex chimped out and tried to kill Renton and take Eureka for himself.
>>
>>162256225
I don't think they were supposed to be likable. One of criticisms I often see for E7 is that some characters are straight up douchebags and it's hard to root for them but I feel that people in general can be unpleasant and it's okay for characters, even close to the status of heroes of the story, to be massively flawed.
>>
>>162256147
>I don't understand how the Nirvash was powered by plotholes
If the Nirvash was sentient all this time why did it take so long to communicate with Renton to prevent Eureka from going through the process like Sakuya did?

Why did the Nirvash suddenly impose on an ancient philosophy like it was nothing just because she liked Renton and Eureka? It could have saved millions of lives.

Why was the seven swell suddenly active at the most convenient moment and only used once when it could have been useful throughout the series? Is the Nirvash secretly an asshole?
>>
File: Trio.jpg (155KB, 822x1000px) Image search: [Google]
Trio.jpg
155KB, 822x1000px
>>162256248
That applies to Holland for sure, but those kids spent the entire series being annoying little shits until the end where they finally accept Renton as their father figure. Were they even mentioned by Eureka or Renton in AO? I can't remember.
>>
>>162255999
Anon isn't entirely wrong though

1st time it happens - Renton makes the jump and realizes that to get what he wants he has to do things himself.

2nd time it happens - Renton realizes Eureka was trying to entrust the Nirvash to Renton when he thought all this time she was just upset that he essentially replaced her

3rd time - When they reunited at the half point Eureka did what Renton did in ep 1 and the scene even played out similarly when she gets in the cockpit. Renton also shares his newfound feelings after coming back

4th time by the end - Renton doesn't want to lose Eureka or lose the world to Dewey's plan.

The Nirvash's powers come from the will Renton primarily demonstrates when he desires something. If he wants to protect someone, the Nirvash will do it.
>>
>>162256248
>Being unlikable = You're a good character

I hate this meme
>>
>>162256327
So its plot contrivance
>>
>>162256309
They stopped teasing Renton after he did the prank and covered for them and they eventually start to like him after Eureka talks about him doing cool things. By the time Eureka enters a state of depression notice he's the one they go to for help.
>>
>>162256327
You're trying to argue with Chocobar. It's futile.

>>162256336
>>162256362
Fuck off, Chocobar.

>>162256309
> Were they even mentioned by Eureka or Renton in AO?
Of course not. They don't even mention Eureka's new last name.
>>
>>162256248
>I don't think they were supposed to be likable
That doesn't excuse the fact that they brought absolutely nothing to the plot aside from cockblocking Renton which eventually cumulates in one of them trying to fucking murder him. These kids brought nothing to the story and their absence wouldn't have changed a single thing.
>>
>>162256424
>Chocobar
Is this the new boogeyman now?
>>
>>162256362
Yes, if you want to put it that way, a lot of shows do it even some of the most well known shows will conveniently do things and the viewer will ask themselves why characters or plot devices didn't do certain things before.
>>
>>162243981
I felt like my heart broke when the show ended. Never had that happen before watching a show, it was a very strange experience.

I never watched AO because I didn't want anything to tarnish the memory of that series.

I still think about it all the time. It was a damn good show.
>>
>>162256462
>the new
The faggot has been shitting up E7 threads for over 6 years now. It's the same methods - short posts basically saying NUH UH over and over, lack of end sentence punctuation, "It was bad" "So like original E7 then" and "E7 fags just wanted the same shit" as the favorite excuses. I think he lost some of his favorite reaction images but he kept posting the same ones for years too.

I can only imagine he's some kind of obese gundamfag that literally has /a/ open 24/7 to shitpost the moment a new thread is posted. He rarely fails to show up. He was banned twice off AnimeSuki of all things for incessant shitposting in AO thread which is how we know his nickname. Quite a character.
>>
>>162256511
Shit, now that I'm thinking about it I'm replying to Chocobar. Well at least it'll keep everyone else informed.
>>
>>162256511
Why can't people just chill and get along?
>>
I didn't see a single frame of the insufferable children- my hopes are actually up.
>>
>>162256568
>I didn't see a single frame of the insufferable children
But Renton is right there
>>
>>162256460
>That doesn't excuse the fact that they brought absolutely nothing to the plot aside from cockblocking Renton
Not that anon, but I don't think this is true. They have a segment showing Renton doing the same thing to his sister when she was going out with Hollande. I think it is a nice symmetry and that the kids are really portrayed realistically as children that are afraid of having their mum taken away. The scene where they are singing their little song about how much they love Eureka is pretty much the most human and kid like moment I have seen in this medium so totally permeated by lewd lolis. I also think it gives Renton nice character development as he tries to be somewhat of a father to them as he himself is growing up.
>>
File: NP1lzU5.gif (520KB, 563x480px) Image search: [Google]
NP1lzU5.gif
520KB, 563x480px
All these years later and this is still in my head.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5T9Yygju9IY
>>
>>162243975
Because Bones wants it to be their evangelion
>>
File: eureka_seven.jpg (119KB, 1200x565px) Image search: [Google]
eureka_seven.jpg
119KB, 1200x565px
>>162242356
So is this supposed to be a prequel/retelling or something? They should honestly just leave this franchise alone.
>>
>>162256225
>>162256309
Eureka should have killed those fuckers from the start.
>>
>>162242356
I can't watch this if Ray and Charles are in it. RIP
>>
>>162256939
They're delusional, like I said before even a manga would've been better. Why keep rehashing footage over and over.
>>
>>162256939
But that's Rahxephon.
>>
>>162256225
While they certainly were annoying as fuck, their presence was merely another challenge for Renton to overcome, growing more mature from it.
>>
>>162257038
They're trying too hard to make it look like epic mecha action instead of a sweet love bridging the gaps thing where the mecha looks cool but doesn't matter in the slightest.
Thread posts: 113
Thread images: 15

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.