[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Death Note

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 97
Thread images: 7

File: images.jpg (5KB, 300x168px) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
5KB, 300x168px
Was anyone else triggered by this bullshit ending?
>>
What made it bullshit?
>>
>>162202736
Light should have won.
>>
>>162202143
I think they should have had it end like in the Japanese live-action movie with L sacrificing him self to prove Light's KIRA and having his dad arrest him.
>>
>>162202143
>>162202793

>babbys first edge anime

No anon, no one is triggered. It's a shit story so a shit ending is very fitting. You should go watch Code Geass, it's literally Death Note, just with mechs.
>>
>>162202736
>DUDE I watched one billion hours of tapes in 5 days and that guy right there is kira :^)
>>
>>162202842
I liked that ending alot more than the anime one. Didn't like Light's actor though, the one in the episodic was better.
>>
everyone was, welcome to last decade
>>
>>162202979
yeah I didn't like most of the actors in the movie but I still enjoyed it as a film very much
>>
>>162202143
It's fair. Kira trusted someone else and failed because of that.
>>
Should've just ended after L died

But I only say that because the author had no clue how to end the story well

Make L look like a genius that was just barely outsmarted by Light, then you bring in Near who is just OP and makes it look like Light never had a chance against him just feels cheap
>>
Near was right.
>>
>>162203097
Near was wrong.
>>
>>162202143
It is acknowledged by almost everyone that watched/read DN that the second half is shit.
Light should have won even though he became a piece of shit.
>>
>>162203035
It was stupid as fuck to see Light let himself being concerned just like that without doing anything. He was so much active in the first part.
>>
>>162203111
(you) was wrong
>>
>>162202868
It made sense in the manga. I don't know why they didn't just put an extra 2 minutes in explaining how he figured it out. Just have him say, "Mikami has been on every Kira TV show so far but, now that X-Kira has started killing, Mikami is nowhere to be seen. Mikami is X-Kira."

Yeah.
>>
You're about a decade too late, anon.
>>
>>162203312
Everyone around him suspected he was Kira. He couldn't be active.

Also I liked seeing Light begging for his life like a little bitch. Bastard had it coming.
>>
>>162202979
Yep, that ending was great.
>>
File: 1503713080226.gif (397KB, 720x480px) Image search: [Google]
1503713080226.gif
397KB, 720x480px
>>162202143
>>162202793
The only way the series could have ended conclusively would have been with all remaining Death Notes either destroyed or in the hands of the authorities, and anyone who had killed with them as Kira incarcerated, dead, or with no memory of the Death Notes or their actions as Kira.

The ending fulfills these conditions, and should be fairly satisfactory for anyone who wanted an unambiguous ending. Ending the story with Light or any of the other Kiras still possessing a working Death Note would have left the possibility for someone to resume the the Kira investigation. Light had to lose for the story to end.
>>
>>162202793
Light was destined to lose the moment he became a cop killer
>>
>>162204970
This. If Light had faced any policeman or detective on his way bu only sabotaging their investigations, without killing them with the Death note, even at the price of being jailed.

In that case you could talk about an anti hero and as readers, you may be on his side, but when Kira starts killing innocent people who only do their duty or what is right. Light deserves all that shit and even more.
>>
>>162205417
Forget the second quote

>In that case you could talk about an anti hero and as readers, you may be on his side

This was for>>162202793
>>
File: yer a murderer light.png (168KB, 792x478px) Image search: [Google]
yer a murderer light.png
168KB, 792x478px
>>162203097
He was definitely right about one thing.
>>
I really liked the ending.Light's plan to clear any suspicion of him while also killing L was super complicated,but I believe that Light would be able to come up with it.The only complaint I have is that it ended so abruptly.
>>
>>162202143
I was more annoyed by L being a fucking autist and refusing to accept any evidence that "proved" Light to be innocent. What's the point of having Light come up with and execute all these plans if L just ignores everything?

With N he fucked up though.
>>
>>162202143
The only retarded thing was that Kira was able to kill L.
>>
>>162205645
He doesn't,though.He forces Rem to do it.
>>
>>162203058
The author knew perfectly well how to end it, L dies at the end
The publisher pressured him imto continuing and that was the point where it became awful
>>
>>162205621
That's the grand irony of L though. In any other series his suspicions would seem completely unwarranted and insane.

But in this series YOU KNOW HE'S RIGHT.
>>
>>162204353
>it's not like you Light
Even Ryuk realizes Light was acting OOC
>>
I stopped reading Death Note a little bit after L dies. Is it worth it to keep reading if I already kind of know how it ends?
>>
>>162205801
Well Light dies at the end so that's good.
>>
>>162205882
Yeah I know that. Is the stuff that happen before that worth my time?
>>
>>162205912
No, you can skip to the last episode. I'm serious. Everything in between is boring.
>>
>>162206044
Episodes 1, 2, 3, 7, 9, 24, 25, 36, and 37 are all worth watching, no matter what issues you take with the series as a whole.

That said, I wouldn't recommend watching them unless you're going to watch the entire show.
>>
File: L_isten.gif (953KB, 500x281px) Image search: [Google]
L_isten.gif
953KB, 500x281px
>>162205621
If I were in his shoes the coincidenses are too prevelant.
Evidence is bullshit; especially when you're unaware of the killing method any number of variabels and factors can mess with the "evidence" supporting Light's case.

Especially with Light being as smart as he was. L only seemed to believe data that wasn't seemingly conjured up by someone.
>>
>>162206278
Actually, replace 3 with 35.
>>
So why is Light considered L's equal/superior if he only barely managed to beat him with otherworldly means that there was literally no way for L to learn of, on top of Light having every possible advantage right out the gate with an untraceable magic tool that could magically cover it's own tracks?
>>
>>162206524
Because at the end Light plan works and L dies. L often put Light in the corner, but he never close the clash with a sure test that certifies his guilt.
>>
>>162204353
Fuck you.
Light was my idol. Even anime's ending is better than that of manga's. I will never akcnowledge the manga ending.
>>
>>162205882
>so that's good
Nope, it is shit
DN ends when Light defeats L and all.
Lights wins and goes on to create his perfect world.
>>
Is there a reason why the series kinda dips in quality after L goes?

Like did the author just get tired?
>>
>>162202143
I thought it was a good ending. Light was an ass, he got what he deserved.
>>
>>162206955
Bakuman straight up says they wanted to end it after L. Either animemovie or that liveaction might be closest to their original idea.
>>
>>162203058
>Near who is just OP and makes it look like Light never had a chance against him
Near was going to lose to Light, but Mello saved him.
>>
>>162206799
Manga ending is the best, cry me a river faggot.
>>
>>162206524
Light was fucked up by Misa. Without Misa Light was equally smart as L.
>>
>>162203058
>then you bring in Near who is just OP and makes it look like Light never had a chance against him just feels cheap
It was stated Near was less intelligent than Light. I think it went Light > L > Near > Melo. I don't remember how it went with creativity.
The thing is, Near realized, Light is superior, so he decided to look for clues left by L and Melo. They bassically combined power.
>>
>>162206736
according to that logic near is lights superior
>>
>>162207152
>Without Misa Light was equally smart as L
Was he really though? He was an arrogant idiot that just had to kill Lind L. Tailor and give up his general location, and only scraped by because L had far stricter conditions for apprehending Kira.
>>
>possess means of killing that is untraceable
>L finds him among billions of candidates
Dude they were equals lmao
>>
>>162207619
>One player starts playing days before an equally skilled player
>Suprised that one of them has a lead
>>
>>162207619
Light didn't want to hide from L, he wanted to hunt him, so he used himself as bait.
>>
>>162204633
The only reasonable person among you shitters. It would have made no sense for an ambiguous ending to occur where Light continues on.
>>
>>162204633
even the manga continues with someone possessing the DN. And there's no sign Shinigamis aren't gonna drop another either.
>>
File: 1451359014680.png (38KB, 499x338px) Image search: [Google]
1451359014680.png
38KB, 499x338px
>>162202793
>>
>>162202793
No. Near shoud not have defeated him the way he did. He did NOT outsmart light. It was pure asspull.
>>
The series is built on enormous coincidences. Like how L had surveillance footage of Ray Penber entering a train station and later dying, but didn't have any footage of the times when Light was walking along behind Penber holding him as a hostage.
>>
>>162203058
Didn't Near and M beat him together if I recall correctly?
>>
>>162209290
Because Light planned it so the cameras couldn't see him.
>>
>>162202143
>>162202842
I am also one of those who preferred the ending of the Japanese live-action movie, with L writing his own name in the death note and his death being scheduled out for some time. Beating Light by pretending to die when the time came for it.

It honestly made a better story.
>>
>>162209290
Or the fact that there were witnesses who saw Light with Ray's fiancé when she came into the police station claiming that she had information pertaining to the Kira case even though she promptly disappeared right afterwards.

Or the fact that Aizawa also passed by Light with her and didn't say anything. Or that none of the police officers said anything to Aizawa when he returned to the police station. There was no security footage of Light in the station with her that surfaced.

Or that L went so far as to spy on everyone in their homes, but never thought to go through their garbage for some reason.

There were a lot of plot holes in Death Note.
>>
How did Light get the TV into the chip bag before it was opened?
>>
>>162202143
No
>>
>>162209498
> Before
Have you seen a modern bag of chips? They're mostly air. All he has to do is pop the bottom, stuff a TV in, and seal it ahead of time. When he gets to his room he opens the top so it looks natural.
>>
>>162202793
I agree.
>>
>Light only lost because Mikami is a fucking idiot and wasn't outsmarted by Near at all
S m h
>>
>>162209794
Read the manga.
>>
Friendly reminder that Light lost because an entire book with thousands of pages of murders could be hand copied with matching penmanship overnight.
>>
>>162207447
Well, seem right. In fact, Near has the last laugh.
>>
>>162210068
thats true but the majority of people would still place Light over near despite losing
>>
>>162209982
Not to mention the fact that every stain, smudge, tear, etc. had to be PERFECTLY copied. Without a single mistake.
>>
>>162209657
so he put the tv in the bag before security cameras got installed because he predicted that L would do that?
>>
>>162209937
Kill
Yourself
>>
I always found it weird that Light was able to demand no camera surveillance for his meetings with Takada.

Seriously what was up with that?
>>
The series was at its best right up until Misa walked into Light's house.

From there it was inconsistent, being a series of lower quality long periods interspersed with some major highpoints that stuck in memory and generally served to redeem the more irreverent shit in between, like Light regaining his memories for instance as an example of a highpoint. After L died all that changed was that the drawn out low points were more obvious and cut deeper in their annoyance.
>>
>>162210159
Nah, he knew that people had gone into his room because of his door handle, then had Ryuk look for cameras. He then knew where the cameras were, and used the potato chip bag to fool the people watching him.
>>
>>162210159
I always thought that putting the micro tv in the chip bag, even if cunning, it was a dumb and unnecessary move. Light was the son of a cop and he, himself, wanted to become one. It would have been normal for someone like him to follow the news to be updated of the situation.

Anyway, even if the considerations that L use narrow the field to a few people work fine, I agree that to persevere in pursuing Light, in many cases, was really just forced with magical psychic power of clairvoyance.

The big shit is when a second Kira appears from nowhere and L magically understands that it's not the same person because of the "modus operandi-moral code" .

Yeah, good, but at that point, Kira had already brutally killed cops who were completely innocent, or the same fake L that simply challenged him. So the the whole reason to understand that there are two Kira simply by the moral code is one of the plot hole of the manga.

At that point in story L did not materially have the elements to define a Kira profile so perfect, and it's interesting that L does not even consider the hypothesis that Kira is a false avenger and is killing criminals to hide other murders.

This hypothesis comes out after when the notebook ends in the hands of the third Kira, however, L refuses to consider the thing, indeed, he even anticipates that the power has passed on to someone else.

Say what you want, but for me this is forced.
>>
>>162210605
so did he go out to the shops, buy a mini LCD tv and a bag of chips, opened the bag and then placed the tv at the bottom of it, resealed the bag and then put the bag in his kitchen?
>>
>>162210673
You'd have thought L would've taken note that Light specifically went for the bag of chips he'd bought that same day.

Maybe he did..
>>
>>162211066
Maybe he bought the bag of chips 2 days earlier along with a bunch of other chips
>>
>>162202793
No, but Near shouldn't have won. Fuck that faggot
>>
>>162206799
Calm down school shooter-kun.
>>
The idea was to split L's traits between Near and Mello.

The problem was it was a weirdly imbalanced setup where most of L came through Near (but he felt overall a lesser L) while Mello felt too much like his own character (but overall just insufferable and less enjoyable)
>>
>>162205621
The thing is that L didn't have any other suspects which is why he obsessed over Light so much.
>>
>>162206955
>series with only two good characters goes to shit when one of those characters dies
Gee, I wonder why
>>
>>162209982
No, he lost because Mikami did the one thing he wasn't supposed to do.
>>
>>162202793
why the fucking wouldn't mikami just do a quick check on the note to see it actually worked? they knew they were being watched and that they were being fucked with and he still doesnt check?

shouldve ended with light and mikami being like 'haha they really thought we wouldn't check to see if it still worked before coming here? haha what the fuck what idiots'
>>
>>162212119
Apparently Near wrote in the original Death Note, "Mikami goes to the meeting without checking his death note"
>>
>>162212147
oh come on
>>
File: mob-psycho-ep11-16.jpg (304KB, 1440x810px) Image search: [Google]
mob-psycho-ep11-16.jpg
304KB, 1440x810px
Could he knock him out of Light's God complex?
>>
>>162212147
Did they tell us Mikami's fate after the ending? Did he die not so long after?
>>
>>162213444
Mikami dies. When he slits his wrist they try to stop the bleeding but Aizawa says it's too late and he'll be dead in a matter of seconds. In the credits I believe it shows his corpse as well as Light's and I believe it is implied that Misa commits suicide via jumping off a building.
>>
>>162214281
the last part is true, I don't know about mikami tho
>>
>>162214334
I just went over the credits again. Mikami's corpse is definitely shown.
Thread posts: 97
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.