[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

In this weeks episode, Ippo fucking murders a guy.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 150
Thread images: 17

File: 02_03[1].png (484KB, 1808x1300px) Image search: [Google]
02_03[1].png
484KB, 1808x1300px
In this weeks episode, Ippo fucking murders a guy.
>>
>>162158564
Nah, another bait and switch like always, I lost count of how many times "Ippo let it go of his old self, he finally became strong!".

This insanity has got to end, I wonder how Ippo even fares in manga sales nowadays.
>>
>>162158564
I want to bless Ippo with long-range-jab immunity. Chapters take too long to come out to have time for these back and forths with no-name characters.
>>
File: IMG_3728.jpg (169KB, 566x664px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3728.jpg
169KB, 566x664px
>>162158564
For chrissake, it marches on
>>
>>162158750
>Ippo has been boxing for nearly 10 years now
>in all that time, he still hasn't learned how to deal with fucking jabs and the basics of outboxing
Mr. "I'll punch logs until my bones shatter NIPPON BONZAI" needs to be shot to save Ippo's life.
>>
>>162158564
Will his thirst for blood ever cease.
>>
Joe did that decades ago.
>>
File: 18.png (393KB, 902x1300px) Image search: [Google]
18.png
393KB, 902x1300px
Grabbing on Ippo? Get ready to take off.
>>
File: file.png (281KB, 556x732px) Image search: [Google]
file.png
281KB, 556x732px
Wew this ain't your grandma's Ippo Usually he'd be worried about the guy here or desperately hoping for the match to be over, now he's just hoping he gets to punch him more.Kek.
>>
I liked this manga when Ippo was just some amateur kid getting his feet wet in the sport and half-assing his way through tournaments and such with nothing but a good punch, stamina, and improvisation. However, Ippo stopped being an amateur a fucking long time ago. With the amount of time and training he's put into boxing, and how godly his strength, speed, and stamina are by now, there's seriously no excuse for him to be getting his ass kicked by no-name after no-name. That's what this manga has become, and the only time it was actually interesting was when he was fighting a mediocre opponent who was good at cheating and nothing else.

When Ippo comes close to losing in match after match against losers like that fucking tarzan kid who has no training whatsoever, it completely kills all belief that Ippo is actually improving as a boxer. In reality, he's no more skilled or talented than he was when he was in high school.
>>
>>162158685
I've honestly reached the points where I don't care about the fights. Its the stuff between fights that retains any interest for me.

I'm pretty sure it was that one fight that was just ippo and his opponent staring each other down for like 5 chapters, then charging at each other for like 3 chapters before Ippo oneshots the other guy where I basically said I was done/
>>
I know how to save this series

Ippo get iPad.
>>
Morikawa is a fucking hack. This guy was supposed to be a fodder piece of shit for Ippo to BTFO to show what a monster he has become.
But he couldn't fucking resist jewing out and dragging the fight out for as long as possible making Ippo look like a weak piece of shit.
We spent 3 fucking years on that piece of shit "Is Ippo broken?" arc just for this to be the outcome? This used to be my favourite manga and it's now one of the worst I've read.
Fuck you Morikawa
>>
When was the last time an Ippo fight was shorter than a volume's lenght?
>>
>>162160619
Probably Kojima
>>
This ref is the most incompetent corrupt piece of shit ever.

If you have to kneel down to inspect a body there is no way the fight should continue
>>
File: Ippo.jpg (486KB, 1432x2958px) Image search: [Google]
Ippo.jpg
486KB, 1432x2958px
>>
>>162160744
HAHA HE POSTED IT AGAIN GUYS HAHA
>>
>>162160709
Maybe he's alright?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hkoPdjDu3hE
>>
>>162160709
it happens all the time in fights tho

also japanese don't give a shit about cte
>>
>>162161131
I know. I used to watch Sakuraba in pride all the time. His fight against Arona being the most egregious. Still this shit is ridiculous
>>
>>162160381
The fights are still fine if you get to read them in one go, but getting them a chapter at a time is the most atrocious pacing I have seen in any medium to date.
>>
>>162161228
Well if it wasn't that fight, it was definitely the fight where hairband guy wanted to beat Ippo's record or something but was getting his ass kicked ULTRA hard, it was clear he was getting his ass handed to him for his hubris.

Then suddenly out of nowhere, second wind and he wins the match. It made me angry that he made such a bs come back.
>>
>>162161302
What are you talking about? Itagaki lost due to his hubris. Watching that shit kid get fucking dominated was one of the most satisfying, cathartic moments in manga history
>>
>>162161375
What? I could have sworn he made a comeback at the end.

I remember there was one fight where he was certain to lose, but then suddenly came back right at the end.
>>
>>162161400
It might have been the Saeki fight but I think I mentally blocked out all of that shit stains fights
>>
>>162161228
this. i plowed through all of ippo last year for the first time and i loved it. now that i'm caught up it's hell.
>>
>>162161375
Itagaki getting blown the fuck out was glorious, he is by far one of the worst characters there in the series, being beaten only by his fucking dad who has no right to exist.
>>
>>162161463
I think I remember what happened was he was getting his ass kicked super hard. Then suddenly he was like "Hey, everything is super slow suddenly" and then he just made a super come back.
>>
>Not reading Ippo just once a year
>>
>>162161486
His dad has a little enough of an impact that I don't mind him. But Itagaki has done nothing good since he was introduced and has actively made the show worse
>>162161489
Yeah this is where Itagaki got his worst, when he became fucking DIO in all of his fights
>>
>>162161489
>>162161463
Upon looking up the wiki, I am thinking of the Saeki fight
>>
>>162161489
>>162161532
Yeah, the Saeki fight was the one where it went all "I'm super great, I was only pretending to be retarded because trauma lol".
>>
>>162161616
I honestly forgot what happened in the Saeki fight besides his slow-mo world getting invaded and him getting a hard on for beating him faster than Ippo
>>
>>162161656
No wait, I mixed that up with that retarded one punch karate guy fight.

You are right I think, I don't Ben remember the fight at all.
>>
File: file.png (1MB, 914x1300px) Image search: [Google]
file.png
1MB, 914x1300px
I fucking loved this page wich only makes it all the more frustrating, since its obvious that the author perfectly understands that Ippo's boxing is fucking retarded. Would have loved for my man Alf to destroy Ippo but of course he had to pull the :

>Ruh roh this obviously superior fighter has a full retard mode just to give Ippo a chance.
>>
File: file.png (1000KB, 893x1300px) Image search: [Google]
file.png
1000KB, 893x1300px
>>162161787
My dick was rock hard the whole time, can't wait for him to return and actually murder Sendo.
>>
>>162161787
He was the perfect opponent to show that ippo was a big fish in a small island of samurai
>>
I wonder if we will ever get another top tier boxing game.

EA won't make anymore fight nights because getting licenses is apparently a nightmare, and besides, UFC is the new hotness.

Man, what I'd do for a new boxing game. I guess I can just go replay champion
>>
>>162161863
... Ippo won't be coming back this time.
>>
>>162162278
>I wonder if we will ever get another top tier boxing game.

I wish they would reuse the system from the gameboy ippo game

Having both recoverable damage from light punchers like miyata and irrecoverable damage from punchers like ippo and sendou was a great way of separating styles
>>
>>162160325
>In reality, he's no more skilled or talented than he was when he was in high school.
There is definitely truth to this. All he knows how to do is punch hard and have good stamina. If you give an average boxer these two things then you get ippo. Maybe my memory is a bit hazy but I cant think of a time where he has actually outsmarted his opponent so he isnt really the innovative kind. Which is fine. He is a one trick pony. But his trick takes multiple rounds.
>>
>>162162800
back when he used to use his liver blow and gazelle punch he would set up feints and learn combinations.

His problem was that he became too reliant on the dempsey roll. Instead of going back to basics and honing those to a world level his solution was an even more convoluted dempsey roll. It's pretty sad.
>>
>>162162800
The whole gimmick of the story is he doesn't NEED to be innovative or clever when HE HAS FIGHTING SPIRIT

Never mind if he gets the shit beaten out of him every single match, which would be horrible for a boxer that actually wants to stay professional.
>>
>>162160178
So this makes Kamogawa an accomplice to murder right?
>>
File: hajime-no-ippo-5159213.jpg (256KB, 800x1164px) Image search: [Google]
hajime-no-ippo-5159213.jpg
256KB, 800x1164px
>>162160561
>It's been 3 years since the Gonzalez fight
Wow Morikawa sure knows how to stretch things out.
>>
> 30 fucking years
> 120 volumes
> its just a manga about a beta fag that want to be good boxing

How can you stretch so much something holy fuck
>>
the manga is already at 1193, the fight is till goin...
>>
>>162163573
I can't beilieve Ippo is fucking dead.
>>
>>162158564
This fight's dragging for way too long. Just fucking show us the Dempsey and murder the slum faggot.
>>
Mori dug himself into a hole
"if he hits he wins" style just means every fight will be the same.
>>
>>162160772
This but unironically.
>>
>>162160325
Tarzan is literally the strongest boxer in the series in the future. It may not be realistic, but it's canon.
>>
latest raw Ippo is fucking furious. He actually may end up killing this guy
>>
>>162169537
Wat. What chapter is this
>>
>>162160325
>No name boxers

He hasn't fought one of these in awhile
>>
>>162169622
Just read the arc again, it's basically confirmed based on his talent that he's invincible once he grows up. He can copy anything he sees, his agility is god-tier and unique, and his punches are still strong enough to KO. He might not be Ippo/Sendo levels of destruction but he'd be some SEA monkey Mayweather. Bar some kind of freak accident or fighting some one who kills him before he matures there's no way he won't become the future champion.
>>
>next mashiba fight never
>>
>>162169622
After their match, Kamogawa outright says to Woli's coach or whatever that Woli will become a ruling world champion in time and that Ippo is simply lucky that he's older than Woli for, if he were not, Ippo would never have a chance at fame.

It's fucking disgusting and destroys most of the value of the plot of the manga. At around that point, I realized that Morikawa had lost his fucking mind. It hasn't come back since, and it never will.
>>
File: 008_1487761590.jpg (260KB, 887x1300px) Image search: [Google]
008_1487761590.jpg
260KB, 887x1300px
So what are the chances of the whole 'Ippo's broken' arc not being about something actually being wrong with Ippo, but to get someone to finally call Kamogawa out on being a shitty coach?
>>
I like how everyone is cheering for Ippo to overkill murder with the Dempsey Roll this guy who can barely stand. It's like logic out of a wrestling match.
>>
>>162169959
Ippo soliloquies in 1193 that he's angry at himself for wasting the coach's valuable time training him, as he can't even get the new Dempsey out, and then goes berserk.

There's no way that anyone will ever get Ippo to turn against Kamogawa. Ippo has no self-value; everything he does is done for the coach's sake. So, even if someone else called out Kamogawa, it would simply be more meaningless, non-boxing drama.
>>
>>162158564
>fucking snail pace
just axe this shit already
>>
>>162170130
Ippo survived the Woli arc, nothing's taking it down besides Morikawa dying.
>>
>>162170130
Ippo has had 3 anime already, it's fucking bulletproof.
>>
File: 1489931449699.jpg (368KB, 840x700px) Image search: [Google]
1489931449699.jpg
368KB, 840x700px
>>162163573
>>162161787
R-really these were 3 years ago
Fuck its so fucking slow and what have I been doing with my life.
>>
>>162158564
Well he did punch another guy so hard he became a hobo
>>
>>162171902
We're not clear on that yet. That's only a (weak) fan theory, as of now.
>>
sneak peek into when canello blasts GGG
>>
>>162169606
>Latest raw
>Fight still hasn't concludes
Fuck's sake. How far ahead are we talking here?
>>
>>162172872
>>
>>162169606
Isn't anyone he fought in his first tournament sans Mashiba reitred because he fucked them up so hard they couldn't fight again?
>>
>>162165298
I'm betting he won't actually show the full Dempsey Roll cos his opponent is too weak to withstand the full power

And it'll also force fans to continue reading this piece of shit
>>
>>162170090
If the instigator was a non-boxer. We've seen the shit Ippo does to actual boxers who talk shit about his coach.
>>
>>162172891
Is it the Fourth Round now?
>>
>>162172952
Jason Osma had to retire because of an injury yes, but he's the only one before Mashiba that was legit damaged.

Kobashi Kenta went down a weight class and briefly held the title before retiring undr his own power.

Hayami Ryuuchi, fuck if I know what made him retire, but as far as I know Ippo didn't injure him that severely.
>>
>>162173859
I think hayamis trainer says during his title match with kobashi that he had a glass chin ever since fighting Ippo, but that may just be a coincidence.
>>
>>162173819
My point was that it does not affect the direction of the plot. Ippo gets mad at that person, then beats them up.

>>162173833
We're either at the end of the third or near the beginning of the fourth. I don't remember. And it doesn't really matter.
>>
So how far is the anime behind? Do you think it can get renewed?
>>
>>162174613
It's really far behind, over 500 chapters aren't adapted. Honestly, I don't see it being renewed any time soon, and it's a shame. I'd love to see Mashiba vs Sawamura get animated.
>>
>>162174661
>over 500 chapters aren't adapted
500 chapters which, altogether, contain 100 chapters' worth of content.
>>
>>162174716
I feel like it wasn't as bad back then, at least until the Woli fight. Might be because I've read everything before it in one go, though.
>>
>>162160164
Less glamorous in Joe's case.
>>
How many people reading this have been following it since the beginning (1989), or even just since the anime (2000-2002)?
I started reading it after that first season, and by the time Woli appeared I was done with it. I'm convinced there must be something fundamentally broken about someone who can keep up with this cynically dragged out product for 15 to 30 years. You can't even say you grew up alongside Ippo because time flows so much slowly for him.
>>
>>162175261
Editors and the manga industry in general can do things to a man. He most likely can't even stop even if he wants to.
>>
>>162174809
You don't need to go by feeling with Ippo, you can directly measure the fights' length in volumes, which is nuts. I remember I was reading one of the fights, and after finishing a volume I skipped the next one by accident and didn't even notice. The one after that flowed seamlessly, with Ippo recovering from seemingly the same punch. When I finished that fight I still thought it was dragged out, but felt a bit more optimistic because it seemed to have gone smoother than some other ones. When I realized what had happened it was a real eye opener.
>>
>>162175451
Curious as to which fight that was. Was it the oxygen man?
>>
>>162175512
I can't remember, it was too long ago and I haven't thought about Ippo in years, I didn't even watch Rising. I just saw this thread and thought I'd check out the general feeling nowadays. "It's been 3 years", "why is Ippo jobbing against a nobody again?" It's like I never left.
>>
>>162160325
I've only watched the anime (all thats out so far) but that sounds EXACTLY like powerlevel shounen tropey shit where they keep dragging the series on but still need to show the MC overcoming more powerful shit even after reaching the top.
Just look at Pokemon or DBZ to see what I mean.
>>
>>162158564
At this point I'd welcome mystical power creep. Still hasn't caught up in skill to his rivals?
>>
>>162175970
Pokeani is a perpetual nightmare zone where the gods themselves conspire to rid the MC of their skill every other year and will pull in multiple legendaries at the last second to cockblock him from victory regardless of progress, and DBZ has the problem where the characters become godly then all these random fuckers come out of nowhere that are even more godly so the spectacle of the fights has never progressed beyond Saiyan Saga with the exception of the peanut gallery's commentary getting more ridiculous

At least no one in Ippo has used outright magic yet
>>
>>162177606
Well Date is 60 now, Sendo will never ever beat Ippo, and Miyata is a punk ass bitch. I think he's set.
>>
>>162158564

Why is this taking so long? His opponent didn't even have the prerequisite pre-fight build-up to justify the slow pacing.
>>
>>162177939
and the russian wolf
what's with him
>>
>>162178116
He's a world champ now so why would he care about Ippo.
>>
>>162158564
Doesn't ippo have brain damage now? Canonically?
>>
>>162178116
Different weight class, same reason why he won't fight Mashiba.
>>
>>162173833

End of the third.Guevara actually scores a down on Ippo, though it was basically a slip. Ippo is furious and manages to chase Guevara to the corner. Chapter ends there,
but it does seem like that is where the match will end.
>>
>>162178272
I feel bad for Guevera. The guy is obviously a sacrificial lamb, why drag this shit out?
>>
>>162178225
Pretty much, and it's boring as fuck.
>>
>>162178326
Why exactly did the author think that was a good idea?
How did it happen?
>>
>>162178225
About as much as Takamura is half blind. Maybe it's there, but they don't give a fuck and it doesn't really come up.
>>
>>162178308

No idea. The match has gone on for 13 chapters now, and I'm pretty sure it will take at least two more to end. Compare that to when big matches took barely 20 chapters and they were actually great
>>
>>162178225
Artificial risk for artificial tension

Really convenient reason to cancel the series whenever though
>>
>>162178272
>though it was basically a slip
He was punched in the head and fell down. The "lol it just grazed him" is just an excuse for Mori to make Ippo not look like a pathetic/retarded piece of shit.

He has used the exact same mechanic at least ten times in the series. The mechanic of "Oh!? Our Nippon Samurai Champion Go is injured! Could it be... that that last punch actually grazed him!? Even so, he charges forward with chou yamato damashii!"
>>
>>162178181
really. Wow so changing to his natural style was the right choice then.
Maybe i need to look up their chapters.
>>
>>162178270
>same reason why he won't fight Mashiba
And who would the champion of that match
>>
>>162178373

Wasn't he punched in the head while going down from colliding with Guevara's front leg? Anyway I agree on this shit being stupid, another great showing of how pathetic trainer Kamogawa is
>>
>>162178343
It's one of those generic plot development points in boxing, it's been foreshadowed ever since they first introduced Nekota who had to stop boxing due to being punch drunk. Adds a bit of drama and the sense of danger/risk to the series

It's built up over time because coach is fucking useless and Ippo can only win by brute forcing his head against enemy attacks, which just means being a punching bag for virtually all matches
>>
>>162178418
And they say Sendo is the Rocky of the series.
>>
File: WhiteFang1006.jpg (149KB, 869x467px) Image search: [Google]
WhiteFang1006.jpg
149KB, 869x467px
>>162178403
Volg definitely , if he doesn't suffer from his usual shitty luck

>>162178378

You should, it's nice seeing him not get fucked over for once.
>>
>>162178403
Mashiba vs Bolg or Mashiba vs Ippo?
I personally think Volg is at the end or near the end of his career, and his championship is a bone Morikawa threw at his fans because he's basically suffering incarnate. Mashiba could probably take him in the story, but in a vaccuum Volg would beat him because he's more technical..
As for vs Ippo, it depends on how much Mashiba has improved, and you don't really have a good frame of reference for that.
>>
>>162163667
>The Fighting!
It's all in the name
Just not the fight the readers expected
>>
File: 1505177182000.gif (1MB, 320x213px) Image search: [Google]
1505177182000.gif
1MB, 320x213px
>>162175451
>>162175451
That's fucking madness. Is reading Ippo limbo?
>>
>>162179596
limbo has the possibility of exit
>>
File: file.png (525KB, 765x1100px) Image search: [Google]
file.png
525KB, 765x1100px
>>162177675
>At least no one in Ippo has used outright magic yet
Don't know about that pal.
>>
>>162179868
I stand corrected
>>
>>162179868
>Twisting your arm makes you punch faster
>Le power of toes
Yeah, this manga has gone on far too long.
>>
>>162160561
Hey there, luigikiller1000
>>
>>162179868
That isn't even the real magic

Gedo had all of the magic tricks.

he was able to punch ippo 7 feet away by letting his glove loose by a couple of inches
>>
So the main drama of this fight is that ippo is afraid of his opponent going down before he can use the full power new dempsey roll to shatter his face?
>>
>>162160222
He's probably taking Takamura's words into consideration about becoming a 'monster' to compete on the world stage.

You think Takamura gives a shit if the guy he's boxing dies or has his life ruined? They both know what they're getting into. They know the risks and it's not their job to make sure the other person feels good about themselves.

I loved Ippo in these chapters. He's starting to shift from the 'moral upstanding champion' to a focused and determined boxer.
>>
>>162177675
>At least no one in Ippo has used outright magic yet

Didn't Ippo knock Wally out by like tapping him in the stomach with his IRON HANDS or some bullshit?
>>
>>162183039
Yeah and thats after Wally went and ignored the laws of physics.
>>
File: David_eagle5.png (585KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
David_eagle5.png
585KB, 1280x720px
>>162182936
Takamura a shit. Eagle got his victory stolen from him.
>>
>>162182936
You might be right and that would actually would be progress on the Ippo character, i'm trying to believe but even if the author trails us into this it would just end up in:

>"I respect your ways Takamura-san-kun-senpai but i will find my own way to being """""""""""strong"""""""""""
>>
>>162182936
When's Takamura though? He's bound to get rekt judging by the way he's been handling his match.
I know he'll just take the win anyway, but still.
>>
File: 1405914031768.png (1MB, 1432x2958px) Image search: [Google]
1405914031768.png
1MB, 1432x2958px
>>162182936
He's not even aware of it, he just wants to show the coach that's he's mastered the art of Punch Harder!
>>
>>162183569
>9 rounds
>20 chapters
Ha.
>>
this new dempsey build up is ridiculously dragged.
will george ever get to finish this? i mean he's old and considering his current health
>>
When would you guys say the chapter is where Hajime No Ippo stopped being good?
>>
>>162183989
It's kinda fuzzy, really. Part of me wants to say introduction of Itagaki, but another part of me fondly remembers Sawamura v Mashiba and Volg's belt match
>>
>>162183989
Woli
>>
>>162170155
>>162184343
What's wrong with the Woli arc?
>>
>>162183989
Hard to pin point where it stopped being good, but I can at least say Itagaki started its decline
>>
>>162183989
Kind of hard to say, it started going downhill when Itagaki showed up, but there still were some pretty good moments in there. Wolli was the point where Ippo fights became insufferable tho. Ironically enough the manga is at it's worst when Ippo is having his fights (or when Itagakis terrible family shows up, which luckily doesn't happen that often).
>>
>>162183989
>When would you guys say the chapter is where Hajime No Ippo stopped being good?

Hajime no Ippo hasn't changed at all. It's always been like this; with the main difference being that post-Sawamura Vs Mashiba we actually had to follow it weekly.

All the best fights in the manga we were able to read at volumes at a time, which is why this series is still great to marathon for newcomers.

Even then, no one but masochists read this shit weekly.

The only thing that has got objectively worse is Morikawa's health, since he's started to skip the really good exposition and build for the fights and just going straight to the ring after only a couple of chapters of build, so the long as fights become longer, which the usual status quo of lack of plot progression being the pay-off, followed by some excellent slice of life chapters before we're back into another match.

Morikawa needs to take a break from Ippo for a few years, because despite him doing an excellent job with the art, despite this shit being a weekly series for upwards 30 years, he needs to seriously think about the actual pacing of the matches vs his own health.
>>
>>162185857
i'm surprised mangaka dropping dead isn't a more common cause of cancellation
>>
File: Is it too much.png (16KB, 170x190px) Image search: [Google]
Is it too much.png
16KB, 170x190px
>>162158564
>>
>>162185857
>Hajime no Ippo hasn't changed at all. It's always been like this; with the main difference being that post-Sawamura Vs Mashiba we actually had to follow it weekly.
I started with the manga last year and even binge reading it still thought there was a drastic decline in quality after Sawamura vs Mashiba. What now?
>>
I didn't think that the Wolli fight was so bad though I do feel that the quality has declined somewhat.

That said, Zangief's championship fight is still my favorite
>>
>>162184477
The fight itself, not counting the chapters building up to it, is over 20 chapters long. Woli, who's only fought three actual matches before Ippo, is a national champion. Not only is he so talented that he can wipe the floor with other talented and skilled boxers who've been at it for a long time, like Volg, he's also capable of using high level boxing techniques like the Flicker Jab, without having ever seeing them or been trained to use them because and I quote "It made sense to use them in that situation." In the 20 chapter fight mentioned earlier, the vast majority of it is Woli beating Ippo so badly that when Ippo finally gets a somewhat clean hit on Woli, he starts crying tears of relief in the middle of the ring. The only reason Ippo won the fight is because that one hit was hard enough to leave an imprint of Ippo's knuckles on Woli's side, but no one actually noticed it until Woli stopped moving as well as he could. After the match is over, Kamogawa and Miguel, Woli's coach, have a conversation about how Ippo would never ever be able to beat Woli again, because Woli would be more experienced by the time they had a rematch.
>>
>>162187890
>I started with the manga last year and even binge reading it still thought there was a drastic decline in quality after Sawamura vs Mashiba. What now?

then you have shit taste.

if you didn't think itagaki and ippo getting btfo out and volg's most recent world title match weren't the most entertaining shit in ippo, since mashiba vs sawamura, then you're reading the wrong series
>>
Our only hope is for Vorg to have a champion vs champion fight against Martinez , beat him and have the last 4 chapters be about Ippo, Miyata and Sendo's suicide.
>>
>>162187890
>What now?

You have a different opinion than me? I've been reading Ippo since Snoopy Cool. And for the majority of the weekly chapters since the Sawamura vs Mashiba fight and I honestly don't feel the series has dropped in quality at all. The slice of life segments have been great along with the builds, up until relatively recently, along with the drama.

Ippo himself has always been the least entertaining aspect of the series, which is why this series has been infamous for being one of the few where the author legitimately writes Ippo's opponents so well, you want to root for them.

The only real change has been the art, this series has been the same formula where Ippo will always struggle before winning, except on those rare occasions he doesn't. Ippo losing to Alfredo, despite all that hype felt as heavy as his lost to Date; the only real difference is the scale.

Lastly, I don't understand how you could have read Volg's championship match, much less Itagaki's Japanese championship match, in one go and felt those fights weren't entertaining, much less Ippo vs Alfredo or Takamura vs "insert animal-named boxer here" -- even if those were mostly joke fights.
>>
File: fucking dumb.png (264KB, 764x1100px) Image search: [Google]
fucking dumb.png
264KB, 764x1100px
>>162187954
Seriously, just look at this stupid shit.
>>
>>162188492
It's obviously just exaggerated for effect, it would be a lot harder to portray lasting damage with some gentle bruising. Wolly arc pulled a lot of dumb shit but that aint really it.
>>
>>162188492
>Seriously, just look at this stupid shit.

I don't see a problem with the love-taps, since Ippo was shown doing 'Iron Fist"-esque training beforehand. Considering the bullshit Woli was pulling out of his ass on instinct and was making a point not to finish Ippo--I was more than a little happy that Ippo finally landed a hit, though ultimately, he should have lost that match.

The crazy shit with the Malcom Gedo fight was worse, especially Ippo doing a fighting Heartbreak Shot using a hook and the glove shenanigans.
>>
There is literally nothing wrong with having a couple boxers who are powered by pure "muh instinct", boxing is a rather rigid sport so any whacky opponents will only do the manga good.

Loose gloves was fucking dumb though
>>
>>162188921
>There is literally nothing wrong with having a couple boxers who are powered by pure "muh instinct"
I think their beef was that Woli could use "high level" techniques without any practice or really trying just because "he's a genius". It's also because "he's a genius" that he can destroy opponents who have almost 10 times the experience in boxing matches than him simply because "he's a genius". The character was probably designed to show "unfair" talent can be.
Thread posts: 150
Thread images: 17

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.