[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How many of you primarily listen too anime/japanese music?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 84
Thread images: 15

File: 1503373232275.png (550KB, 1024x1024px) Image search: [Google]
1503373232275.png
550KB, 1024x1024px
How many of you primarily listen too anime/japanese music?
>>
File: animators ngaf.gif (2MB, 400x300px) Image search: [Google]
animators ngaf.gif
2MB, 400x300px
>>162137352
Pretty much exclusively.
>>
>>162137352
82.38% of the 2945 people polled in the JCE Poll 48206.733 seconds ago primarily listen to anime/Japanese music.
>>
If japanese music includes game music made by japs then 90% of the time. Western Game music has no melody it's just instruments playing. It's so boring.
>>
Never. It's shit.
>>
>>162137352
No. Music made for Anime/Films/TV Shows aren't that great on their own.
>>
People that exclusively listen to music from japan or video games are often arbitrarily limiting themselves due to some form of autism that makes them take some kind of "I have to listen to this because this is my hobby" stance

I dont respect anyone who tells me they only listen to anime or video game music. If you listen to it, fine sure, I have 3-4 Japanese songs on my play lists, but to say you exclusively listen to garbage you cant even understand just because of some arbitrary connection to it, just makes you seem like a fucking tool
>>
>>162137796
I don't enjoy music. In fact, almost all music annoys me. I'd rather listen to angry call center customers complaining than listen to music.

The only music that doesn't bother me is that which I relate to series I watched or played, so that's the only music I have.
>>
>>162137796
What type of music would you recommend? I don't listen to much else.
>>
File: 1491905101350.jpg (78KB, 884x574px) Image search: [Google]
1491905101350.jpg
78KB, 884x574px
>>162137352
i listen to anime
it's v confusing when you only watch the video with no sound, even with subtitles
>>
>>162138339
Not being able to enjoy music is a sign of autism anon
>>
>>162137352
Thanks to my hobby I listen to japanese anime music, game theme.
Thanks to my parent i listen modern classics like beatles, elvis, frank sinatra, and some other from those period.
Thanks to my friends i listen to japanese pop rock from Dir en grey, Maximum The Hormone, Sheena Ringo, yui, and some others.
I also listen to non jap pop rock like System of Down, Slipknot, Nightwish, lorde and some other thanks to my normie friends.

In the end i have pretty wide music to listen but backthen i listen to them is "phases", there is time i only listen anime music, there is time i only listen to jap rock and so on.
I now sparingly listen to every one of them now tough.
>>
I listen mostly Blues and Jazz and Anime/Videogames OST.
>>
The Stalin and Shounen Knife are the only listenable Jap bands. Everything else is generic J-pop/rock.
>>
>>162137352
No. 90% of anime music is bad. you get a few good productions. Some decent mash ups but that's it.

If they made music some what to this then yes I would.
https://soundcloud.com/shimadanoki3/ureshiiour-psych
>>
I only listen to vocaloid music. I can't stand human vocals. Usually end up skipping ops/eds.
>>
File: 1501447656188.jpg (565KB, 1440x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1501447656188.jpg
565KB, 1440x1080px
>>162137352
Not me. If i listen japanese music it is always from 80s or 70s
>>
I don't really listen to music nowadays, mostly sound tracks (anime, video games or movies).
Hans Zimmer is nice when playing poker desu
>>
Nah man, the only japanese music I listen are some Openings and videogame OST... and TEDDYLOID, he is a good jap DJ that makes some LIT songs.

I prefer some Korean music (Not Kpop) and some chinese rap (Like the Higher Brothers)
>>
>>162137796
I used to be like that. A lot of people just don't have a starting point when it comes to music. If you ever listen to the radio, you'd assume that all western music is shit. You kinda have to pick a song you randomly found on youtube, go out of your way to research the artist, see if you like the rest of their stuff, then spend some time on pandora trying to find more artists, researching them, it takes time and effort. And someone who doesn't know what kind of music he likes might not consider music to be a hobby worth putting that time into. So on the other hand, you've got all this game and anime music, that you've been introduced to naturally, and that seems like it's good enough.
>>
>>162139285
This is my situation exactly.
>>
35% western music
50% anime music
15% videogame music
Kind of hard to say though really, differs from day to day. If i listen on my phone i just let all songs play at random and if im on my computer i just click on a recommended video
>>
>>162137796
I think that's inaccurate. People with eclectic music tastes consider music discovery and appreciation to be a hobby in itself, while a person who doesn't do much besides watch anime and/or play video games is going to pick up their favorites from those sources. To amplify the effect, people into anime and video games often have a disdain for large parts of western pop culture, including mainstream music, so they're unlikely to coincidentally hear something they like.
It's not so much intentional attachment to music from a hobby as it is a lack of any other means of discovery, as the other anon said.
>>
>>162137352
I listen to it on my phone all the time.
Though it's super stressful
>>
My favourite music is ni music. I listen to music for about 10 minutes a week.
>>
>>162138350
Classical, it's the most sophisticated
>>
>>162139285
I literally downloaded some "top 1000 musics" torrent and started from there.

Different genres are different experiences entirely. I like electronic music as a soundtrack when I'm doing something else, but classical music needs to be listened with attention.

It maddens me that people listen to classical like it's a soundtrack noways - it's the only style of music that you can really notice the steady variations in melody. It's like a story unfolding, and specially for Operas you can visually the entire story with your eyes closed, just by listening attentively. Listening to an entire symphony with 100% focus is a magical experience.
>>
>>162139556
Bad advice since you can get shit music and you think it's actually decent. Juts go to /mu/ for the chart threads and give some recs so random anon albums. They generally have strange but good taste.
>>
I play osu! a fuck ton so I have learned of quite a few good bands/songs from the many gigabytes of beatmaps ive dled.

I also have some animu music downloaded onto my phone. Ill play it in my car sometimes but I wouldnt say I ever just listen to music just to listen to music I guess.
>>
>>162139620
/mu/ is full of hipsters. They know good music, but if you're just a beginner you can listen to any "best of" pack without a problem.
>>
>>162137796
>the only reason people listen to japanese music is because they force themselves because it's their hobby
>>
I've not listened to animu related music regularly in probably 5 years now, aside from the occasional stuff from old shows or jazz renditions. I'm still listening to touhou music though.

Most of the music I listen to now are my old shit I listened to growing up (and actually japanese music. I was into j pop and rock before I got deep into animu) and shit I find randomly on soundcloud or youtube.
>>
File: 1475955664537.jpg (126KB, 488x506px) Image search: [Google]
1475955664537.jpg
126KB, 488x506px
Used to be too autistic to listen to music so the only music I ended up ever listening to was anime OPs, EDs, and anything that played in shows. So now I just listen to nip music since I'm used to it. Was listening to https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dBf7C6kBcw8&list=RDdBf7C6kBcw8 just now. Am I a pleb?
>>
File: autismistic.png (1MB, 1587x1600px) Image search: [Google]
autismistic.png
1MB, 1587x1600px
>>162137352
I used to but then I kinda stopped when I became 16 and "tried" to pick up learning electric guitar.

Because of that I can't really do anime music anymore since it doesn't catch on as hard. But Zetas is still good best motherfuckin' mobile suit don't let anyone tell you otherwise

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kmhUeGvn3aI

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kmhUeGvn3aI

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J_hBHtYz4kE

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2g8Vmw8ISg8

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xBuQkm9FCho
>>
2 years ago, i used to listen to anime OSTs, OPs, EDs, Lolicore, JPop and JRock on a daily basis but one day i got bored of it and stopped listening. Now i listen to emo trap.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wckAAh-V428
The thing is that, after you listen to too much shit, even obscure japanese electronic music, you will get bored, idk why but for me it wasn't appealing anymore. I do listen to jap shit every now and then but it happens very rarerly
>>
>>162137352
>beats by Dr. Dre
why?
>>
>>162139492
recommending him a genre. with a lot of shit.
I don't mind chamber classical with piano and/or violin but a lot of classical is shit.
>>
Primarily anime OPs, EDs and other OST's but every now and then will break the monotony and just listen to classical rock. After putting up with normalfags blasting niggershit during lunchtimes back in high school I guess I have grown to dislike western mainstream music.
>>
File: IMG_5981.gif (427KB, 281x281px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_5981.gif
427KB, 281x281px
Not anime but I love vidya OSTs, Sonic Mania is my recent fave.
>hydrocity
>studiopolis
>hard boiled heavies
>stardust speedway
>metal sonic fight theme
>>
>>162139274
>Higher Brothers
HAHAHAHAHAHA
>>
>>162139620
>/mu/ knowing music.
their music is shit.
>>
File: 1501766967505.jpg (163KB, 991x1200px) Image search: [Google]
1501766967505.jpg
163KB, 991x1200px
Why don't anime try different genres of ops and eds. Its basically the same thing.
some have jazz and that's about it for uniqueness.
>>
my taste in music was heavily influenced by YTMND, and I still associate lots of songs with their respective ytmnds
>>
I downloaded the K-On! history box a few days ago, so that's all I've been listening to in my car
>>
File: IMG_5787.jpg (133KB, 363x494px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_5787.jpg
133KB, 363x494px
I'd say about half of my music is Japanese (including Vocaloid), and the rest is Western.
>>
>>162137352
I do
Though I feel very self conscious about it and force myself to listen to recent western music
>>
>>162139620
>shit music and you think it's actually decent
I don't get this meme. If you like it, then what the fuck is wrong with listening to it?
>>
>>162137352
i listen to what ever i think of usually a mixture of different music jap/eng/ost's/instumentals(classical music)/rock i could go on but i just think of what instantly pops into my head. sometimes its great sometimes meh i dont worry too much about it cause in the end its just music. enjoy it or not doesnt make a difference.
>>
File: P3mc.jpg (53KB, 399x399px) Image search: [Google]
P3mc.jpg
53KB, 399x399px
>>162137352
That's pretty much all I listen to anymore. Years ago I used to be into rap but slowly my playlists were filled with Japanese shit and anime OP/EDs until it was all I really listened too. The way rap is now tells me I shouldn't regret the slow change either
>>
10% of what I listen to is anime music, that 10% being the Evangelion OST.
>>
It's pretty much the only kind of music I get much exposure to these days. 95% of the music I have saved is Japanese, most of which are OP/ED singles and a handful of OST albums. There's also a few tracks and albums of non anime related Jap music that I stumbled upon and liked so I saved them.
>>
I basically use anime OPs and EDs as a gateway to Japanese music. It's mostly limited to J-rock/J-pop artists though. A good number of the bands I find are part of my usual repertoire now

Anyone have any recs for Japanese hip-hop/rap stuff?
>>
File: logotitle_2.png (13KB, 413x108px) Image search: [Google]
logotitle_2.png
13KB, 413x108px
How many of you losers listen to R/a/dio?
Do you listen to the new year's show?
>>
>>162141619
god bless the time they streamed the pokemon shit, man it was dank
>>
>>162137796
That applies to fucking everyone you dipshit. People limit themselves to genres or sub-genres they like because there's no fucking reason to explore when what you have is good enough. Jesus christ you're a fucking retard. I can't even count how many people who listen to just the classics, rap, or trance.

Further more there are plenty of different type of music within video games and anime/japanese categories so how the fuck are they limiting themselves? Are you going to imply listening to

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PkVx2XYalzQ
is the same as listening to
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_ZduC-OCXB8
or
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1zHS0RxcSDE

Not even delving within the remixes the community creates like the entirety of touhou fandom. kys
>>
I always found city pop pretty cool.
>>
>>162137352
It's the only thing I listen to.
>>
>>162137796
>arbitrarily limiting themselves due to some form of autism that makes them take some kind of "I have to listen to this because this is my hobby" stance
No. They aren't. If you can't understand that there are some people who only discover music through their hobbies and that that forms their music tastes and what they end up listening to most, if not all the time, then you're the autistic one here.
>>
>>162141401
Watch more anime, dipshit.
>>
>>162141440
What Miku said.
>>
>>162139168
>I can't stand human vocals
Weirdo.
>>
Since I don't have a primary genre I can listen to pretty much anything be that anime music, music in japanese or any other language. However I do look up translated lyrics to have some idea to what I listen to
>>
>>162137796
>This entire post
https://wiki.teamfortress.com/w/images/7/7a/Scout_laughlong02.wav?t=20100625230818
>>
>>162137352
Exclusively so.
>>
File: 000000000.jpg (33KB, 599x412px) Image search: [Google]
000000000.jpg
33KB, 599x412px
>>162141775
kinda this desu i mean music is like over used memes they make the same shit over and over coping previously done beats or lyrics just like how i would copy parts of like 5-7 articles for my assessments. but hay as long as you enjoy yourself its all good in the hood.
>>
>>162137352
When I lift I listen to metal because it gets me hyped up. Rest of the time animu music.
>>
>>162141401
Because j-pop is popular in japan
>>
I never cared a wink about music until I started watching anime.
>>
In these last month I p much only listen to jazz, anime music, and jazz arrangements of anime music
>>
I EXCLUSIVELY listen to 2hu terrorcore these days.
>>
>>162140572
Because she's a hypocrite that hates normies yet desperately wants to fit in by doing popular normie things or hanging out with normies.
>>
>>162140572
It's deats by Dr. Bre, you uncultured swine.
>>
File: xJwrv80.jpg (585KB, 1080x1080px) Image search: [Google]
xJwrv80.jpg
585KB, 1080x1080px
>>162137352
I listen exclusively to Hatsune Miku.

>>162138339
Same. The only reason I enjoy Miku music is that I simply love her as my waifu. I also can enjoy some vidya of anime music but only because they remind me about the fun time I had consuming these media. But I don't have any of them in my playlist.
>>
>>162137567
>Western Game music has no melody it's just instruments playing. It's so boring.
As someone who primarily listens to japanese made music, be it anime or video game music or unrelated, I can't help but point out the inherent flaw in this method of thinking. Every genre/nation has their gems.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-qJMJgLEQJs
I find it pretty hard to listen to this and not feel like beating my chest and going ape. In a good way, of course.
>>
File: OC list i made on spot.png (206KB, 536x848px) Image search: [Google]
OC list i made on spot.png
206KB, 536x848px
>>
>>162139157
Stop promoting your own music
>>
File: BLACK METAL IST KRIEG.jpg (137KB, 423x528px) Image search: [Google]
BLACK METAL IST KRIEG.jpg
137KB, 423x528px
>>162137352
I don't listen to anime music often but I like to listen to J-Metal and 70s and 80s J-Pop
>>
>>162139492
>Classical
>sophisticated

90% of classical music is a bad written pretentious crap.
>>
Like a lot of people I just don't care enough researching for music and I'm a fan of japanese music to begin so yeah most stuff I'm listening to is anime OST including OPs and EDs and the occasional Touhou doujin album
>>
>>162137352
I'll listen to anything as long as it's a touhou remix
>>
>>162137796
Not at all. I go through phases where I listen to different stuff. Some of the main categories I listen to are:

1. Jazz
2. Classical
3. Marches
4. Rock/Metal
5. Japanese (any musical genre)

For the past year or two I've been listening to Japanese music almost exclusively because I've been learning Japanese and find it helps with memorization when I can hear the words/grammar used in a context outside of the textbook. I can't always drive around with audiobooks and such, so I listen to J-pop, J-rock, ani-songs, etc.
>>
There's just something about japanese songs and their instrumental tracks.
There's something that clicks with me for them, while western or chinese(Yes I know chinese) songs and their instrumental tracks just sound off somehow.
>>
>>162137796
Most of my music comes from languages I can't understand, so I really don't care, and the music that is written in my language that I listen to tends to have incomprehensible vocals to begin with solely because of the genre. People who listen to music for the lyrics over the instrumentation are dumb, go read a poem.
>>
>>162143313
falling in the dark
uwu
Thread posts: 84
Thread images: 15

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.