[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Could this have been better if it was made into a series and

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 51
Thread images: 7

File: maxresdefault.jpg (83KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
83KB, 1280x720px
Could this have been better if it was made into a series and actually had time to develop the characters/plot?
>>
>>162114159
Nope, the whole concept was fucked up and there's no time in the world that can fix a project that was fucked in the early development stages.
>>
>netflix original series.

The modern equivalent of "straight to DVD" Anime fans didn't want this shit, DN fans didn't want this shit, and neither did mainstream television.
>>
The west really just needs to keep their fucking stupid paws off anime in general when it comes to adaptations(similar to how we don't need horror remakes because they're all shit but they get made anyway.)
>>
>>162114159
It could've been better, sure. Maybe follow the source material a little, since the show is currently more highly watched/rated on Netflix than the movie. I still don't think it would've been good, since western directors don't know how to follow source material well unless they're paid big bucks, but it would've been watchable at the least.
>>
>>162114388
I heard IT is pretty good.
>>
It's literally MGTOW the movie
>be Light
>get Death Note
>want to use it to clean the world of injustice
>A WILD WOMAN APPEARS
>swindled by her boobs, show her the Death Note
>shit-test after shit-test, she dominates you completely, leading to your being exposed by L
>bitch tries to kill you
>TAKE THE REDPILL
>kill bitch gf
Light now goes his own way
>>
Yeah, much better. Still wouldn't get to be any good though.
>>
>>162114159
A series about what? Two dumb hormone-driven teenagers killing criminals for the heck of it and a crazy negro trying to arrest them? It would still be shit.
>>
>>162114606
Do you think it really needs to follow the source material in order to be a good adaptation? As long as it keeps what made the original good (mind games, suspicion, ambitious protagonist etc), I wouldn't mind it being completely different.
>>
>>162114732
Misa was a shitty uneeded character even in the original manga/anime. Actually a lot of shit was contrived/uneeded like the whole Yotsuba arc.

You could say in general a lot of DN wasn't needed and it got boring after L dies
>>
This movie was hilarious
>L suddenly pulls out the gun from Bladerunner
>>
>>162114941
I personally like it but even I have to agree with this, it got pretty slow after the 2nd half and although I still enjoyed it the whole memory loss thing was extremely slow and could have been made a little shorter than it was.
>>
>>162114941
>implying that everything that happened after L's death is canon
>implying the real ending isn't the one from the Japanese movie
>>
Death Note is shit and any adaptation of it which operates under the assumption otherwise will end up shit as well.
>>
>>162114159
Why don't they write it as sequel to Death Note?

Ryuk still alive and want to see "interesting people". Netflix could write it in post-Kira setting with mostly new characters, new setting, and some recurring character who are summoned to deal with possible threat of new kira.
>>
>>162114159
Fuck off.
>>
>>162115084
There's the Japanese live-action spin-offs that kinda fit your description
>>
>>162114159
No. It was just bad. It would only extend the time you would cringe at it.
>>
>>162114159
No, because everything about it was lazy and half-assed, like they were hoping that the movie would be a hit only on brand name. The characters and plot were complete trash and no amount of "developing" it would redeem it.
>>
>>162114865
In needs to follow it better than it did. Changing Ryuk from "I'll just leave this here and watch what happens" to "go on, kill somebody you faggot" and Light into some bullied kid who shows off the Death Note to the first bitch he sees means your mind games end up a little dampered by the fact that your protagonist is a whiny bitch with no control of the situation. Sure it doesn't need to keep entirely faithfull, but there are some ascpects of the characterisations that you can't change without fucking up the entire premise.
>>
>>162115735
I think the whole "Light being a pushover and then molded into a coldblooded killer by people manipulating him" idea had potential. If he had been given 3 hours instead of 90 minutes, and if those hours were used on character development instead of a nigger running through the streets with a gun, I'm sure it could have turned out great.
>>
>>162114159
Your question caught my attention while I was hiding the thread. That can only be good if it were a Japanese American joint production. All Japanese manga/anime staff on the creative side + American budget, cinematography/CG and acting. Get Ohba to write guidelines for the script writer, get Araki to make a storyboard for the director and make it 1-1 adaptation of the manga, setting in Japan and all.
>>
>>162115735
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jKol3TB20iE
There was no point in making Light a complete bitch.
I haven't watched it but according to a friend he "kills isis" and then has his identity publicly exposed but people like him so much they protect him and attack l.
>>
>>162114655
IT is the one case where they got it right because the author was part of it, and the director respected the source material.
>>
>>162114159
If they changed the names then yeah. It would have been interesting.
>>
File: DIgQ1NSW0AEJV9j.jpg:orig.jpg (12KB, 500x281px) Image search: [Google]
DIgQ1NSW0AEJV9j.jpg:orig.jpg
12KB, 500x281px
>>162114159
Make Light not a beta faggot who is somehow dumber than the idiot the orignal Kira was.
>>
>Heard one person actually defend the final destination deaths saying they were "better"

The death's didn't need to be flashy. People dying wasn't the focus on the story the focus was on Kira and L.
>>
>>162116317
They where funny though.
Fuck me, that beheading makes this shit like a good b-movie.

Willem Dafoe was fun to watch as Ryuk too though.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ot5mr2Abr00

>not thinking the musical is better than the american/japanese death note movies combined
>>
File: 1479518669637.png (511KB, 1366x768px) Image search: [Google]
1479518669637.png
511KB, 1366x768px
>>162114159
Not with the writers they had.
>>
>>162114159
The worst about it was the main actor, jesus christ he was really bad
>>
>>162116317
Kira and L were shit characters in this, watching flashy deaths was way more fun than those two intereacting.
>>
Not anime or manga.
>>
File: you know nothing.jpg (53KB, 481x586px) Image search: [Google]
you know nothing.jpg
53KB, 481x586px
>>162117253
Read the rules.

>The discussion of "live action" television shows is permitted so long as they are distinctly rooted in, or based off of an anime or manga series.

>http://www.4chan.org/rules#a
>>
>>162116457
Dude the musical is fucking amazing. Can anyone seed the Urai Kenji version for me? I've been trying to torrent it for a week now.
>>
I think all the movie needs to be at least acceptable is
a) a monologue at the beginning setting the show like 10 years after Kira murders, redub some shit to show they are following the edgy example of their favourite serial killer god
b) change the names, since they are all so far from the manga characters it really removes all aspects of the original

It's now an okay spin-off movie set in America instead of trying to be a failed adaption.

Bonnie and Clyde in the Death Note universe isn't a completely awful idea.
>>
>>162114159
That and a re-write. Either follow the actual manga/anime or make a whole new character with the same premise.
>>
>>162114159
No. There was no possible way this could have ever been good. It was never meant to be. It was slapped together to make a quick buck because someone had the licence and nothing better to do.

Of course I thought the original show started to suck as soon as annoying mcbitchtits showed up, but that's just me.
>>
>>162118170
The anime was also shit. Only the Musical, Movies and TV Drama deserve to exist
>>
>>162114941
I for one liked the Yotsuba arc, as it gave us greater insight on original Light's character, and just how far power had corrupted his moral thinking.
>>
File: file.png (2MB, 1201x2045px) Image search: [Google]
file.png
2MB, 1201x2045px
>>162114960
I AM A MASTER AT PLOTTING AND HIDING IN PLAIN SIGHT
>>
>>162118254
>TV Drama
Have you watched the drama?

It's... pretty close to the Netflix show. Light is a pussy who murders dudes who bullies him, his motivation is "I want to protect my friends and family", Misa is a local idol who shows he watches (which I can see how you can related that to a cheerleader).

Light has a dead mommy issues. He's almost forced to used the Note, he cries all the time.
>>
>>162118795
Yeah, it is different and in my opinion what the Netflix movie could have been. Making Light more "human" is not necessarily a bad thing.
Nevertheless, the musical and the movies were better
>>
>>162114159
Possibly
>>
File: kira.jpg (89KB, 640x1068px) Image search: [Google]
kira.jpg
89KB, 640x1068px
>>162114159

No.
>>
>>162114159
Just watched this last night. They did a decent job of condensing everything into a movie, but it was simply too fast-paced. It would've benefited if were an original storyline/characters based off DN, but unfortunately they tried to do an entire anime series in an hour and a half and it was a bit of a mess. If this were a series adaptation, I do think it would've been a lot better.
>>
>>162115084
Watch Death Note:light up the New World (2016).

It takes place 10 years after Kira died. I went in with low expectations and was pleasantly surprised.
>>
>>162120825
>In Japan, they say 綺羅, which means "D4rK 0n3" and I think that's beautiful
>>
Just wanna put this out there but to anyone that hates N: You do realize Misa was a more pointless/useless/shitty character right?
>>
>>162122638
>women in general
>could be at all useful
Kek
Thread posts: 51
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.