[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Spledid taste, the golden standard

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 61
Thread images: 7

File: ultimate_proof_of_good_taste.png (74KB, 900x901px) Image search: [Google]
ultimate_proof_of_good_taste.png
74KB, 900x901px
What qualifies as good taste and why is it pick related? I think we can all agree that this is the state of mind that everybody should strive to reach.
>>
Good taste is watching despite "flaws" like not being popular, looking weird or silly, and not being an adaption of something.
>>
>>162105586
I don't think that 3x3 is ideal.
I doubt, is there even any difference between OVAs from the 80s and 90s? I feel like it's too much of the same.
Your image also shows no iyashikei representation. I think you should add a slot for one of those. If you can't appreciate slow anime without comedy or action, you can't truly be said to have the highest taste.
>>
>>162105586
>that pic
>this op
How many layers of irony are happening in front of me right now? I think I'm dying.
>>
File: 1505015793743.jpg (351KB, 920x920px) Image search: [Google]
1505015793743.jpg
351KB, 920x920px
>>162105586
stop.
i'm the best and it's never changing.
>>
>>162106537
Made me giggle for sure. 10/10 OP.
>>
>>162105586
>>162106405
Not meta enough. It needs a slot for something no one would accuse of being good taste as proof of the sincerity of the other picks.
>>
>>162105586
Good taste: what I like.
Shit taste: what you like.

It's as easy as that.
>>
>>162105586
Kek. 3x3 were always cancer from the start, I'm glad someone has been doing this.
>>
>>162105586
>a KyoAni show
haha what?
>>
>>162106690
Yes, I was thinking something along those lines too. Something that proves you are one step above everyone else, by showing you are the only person able to see the true quality of a work not that highly regarded by other people with high taste. It should be somewhat popular, but not something that would bring accusations of shit taste. I'm thinking maybe something like Index, and not something like SAO.
>>
>>162106736
You can't really have a thread type that centers on "show off your favorite x" without it becoming performative.
>>
>>162106615
Is this one actually a cirno 3x3?
>>
File: Essential_Animation.jpg (2MB, 1430x5054px) Image search: [Google]
Essential_Animation.jpg
2MB, 1430x5054px
>>162105586
If you really want to know how to have good taste just pick shows from this list
https://www18.atwiki.jp/sakuga/pages/100.html
that also involved a well respected director without only picking the obvious shows and while avoiding anything that anyone would immediately call garbage on sight. You would probably do well to have a read through anipages too.
http://www.pelleas.net/animators/
and pretty much everything on the the chart attached will make a good pick too as long as you don't stick only to the most obvious stuff.
>>
>>162105586
Not bad actually though I'm on the fence about the KyoAni show.
8.5/9
>>
>What qualifies as good taste
Taste is subjective, so nothing can qualify as good taste in the absolute sense
or, not yours
>>
>>162107395
He is talking about what the cool kids of 3x3 threads deem good taste.
>>
>>162107311
>and pretty much everything on the the chart attached will make a good pick too
Its actually amusing that people unironically believe this. But then again, the chart is called essential animation for a reason, not essential "good shows/movies" or "well written works".
>>
>>162107790
Well they are generally considered among the best the medium has to offer by those involved in the anime industry, most of that list comes from the votes of animators at a Japanese animation festival. That isn't to say anyone is "wrong" for liking some newer show more though people can like whatever they want.
>>
File: look in your heart.jpg (186KB, 920x920px) Image search: [Google]
look in your heart.jpg
186KB, 920x920px
watch this
>>
Op, thanks for the perfect 3x3 thread picture
>>
>>162107964
>most of that list comes from the votes of animators at a Japanese animation festival
And the list was ultimately worthless, which is clear as day to anyone who doesnt just consume a very narrow amount of shows. It completely neglects writing and almost exclusively takes visuals into consideration, which results in the vast majority of the list being made up of movies. And if it isnt a movie, its a show that had influence, neither of them being an actual assessment of the overall quality. Safepicks are what people choose so they dont have to justify themselves, its as simlpe as that and many of them of them follow Miyazakis opinion that "compromise shouldnt be a thing", which automatically results in them being unable to accept that a TV shows cant feasibly have the animation quality of a movie. Whether its better written is irrelevant to them, they just mark it as inferior because "it looks worse", which is already laughable considering most of Miyazakis incredibly uninspired works that do nothing but depict reality.
>>
>>162108157
I wonder how it feels to be this delusional.
>>
>>162108157
You know why those are considered "safepicks" right? Because people widely agree they are classics and some of the best the medium has to offer. "safepicks" don't just become as such accidentally.
>>
>>162107311
I've seen half the stuff on that chart, and most of it is boring or pretentious.
>>
>>162108263
You can't help having shit taste.
>>
>>162108182
There is no objective way by which you can unironically claim that Astro Boy or Yamato are "the greatest anime of all time" from a modern standpoint. They had influence, no more no less.

>>162108198
>don't just become as such accidentally
Which again, is wrong. They were influential and well made for their time, but they arent good from a modern standpoint. See the above examples. Its nostalgia driven opinions and influence that make people pick these shows, not objective criteria. Yamato for example is a badly written mess with horrible visuals and sound design. By modern standards, the show isnt salvagable, but since its from the 70 it has nostalgic value. That, and its overarching influence, is what the show is credited for. Nothing else and thats just living in the past. At least shows from the 80s and 90s have a leg to stand on since the aesthetics and animation were above most things we see today, but those two in particular have nothing.
>>
>>162108332
Media only "ages" if you are too shallow to change the perspective by which you choose to consume it. And it is the same mindset that makes people disregard entire genres or artistic expression in modern works.
>>
>>162108332
Sorry but you are just wrong. A "modern standpoint" means fuck all when judging a piece of art.
>>
>>162108281
It's just a bunch of entry level stuff that tends to appeal to people who haven't really developed any kind of specified taste in the medium, mixed with a bunch of fossils literally nobody watches anymore.
>>
>>162108404
So youre saying that Yamato is the best looking TV anime as of September 10th, 2017? Or is it the best written one?
>>
>>162108466
You have a very shallow mentality based in internet culture rather than appreciation of art.
>>
>>162108521
Hi mr. strawman you're a balding obese midget and that's why you're wrong.

Watch more anime.
>>
>The virgin 3x3
>The chad faves
>>
>>162108516
It wasn't even the best looking TV anime at its time, nor the best written one and that isn't slightly relevant either.
>>
>>162108421
I am directing this question towards you as well, then. >>162108516

By what more or less objective criteria are Astro Boy and Yamato the best shows ever made as of September 10th, 2017? If we completely remove influence as a variable, since you claim that its not what they are being credited for, what are the criteria they excel that? And please dont say "back then" since thats irrelevant and only proofs that its the influence they are being credited for. We dont credit the stonewheel as the best wheel in existence either, just because it was the most influential. So please, make your case.
>>
>>162108853
Your problem is that you operate under the delusion that you are making objective judgements or that those are even relevant in the judgement of pieces of art.
>>
>>162108899
This isnt a painting. Animation has objective criteria they can be evaluated by so instead of strawmanning and desperately trying to evade the point, why dont you simply list the aspects of both shows that elevate them above anything else as of September 10th, 2017? It should be fairly simple.
>>
>>162108951
>Animation has objective criteria they can be evaluated
No it really doesn't. Sorry. What makes good animation is entirely subjective.
>>
>>162108980
OK, so despite this here you claimed >>162108804 that it was neither the best written nor best looking TV shows of its time. So please list the other criteria that elevate it to the level at which it should be considered to be the best anime of all time. As a reminder, you said the influence has no influence on how the show is being evalutaed. Since its not the visuals, and not the writing, what is it? All thats left is the audio direction, then. So is that it?
>>
>>162108332
>There is no objective way by which you can unironically claim that the Iliad or the Bible are "the greatest books of all time" from a modern standpoint. They had influence, no more no less.
>>
>>162109083
>you said the influence has no influence on how the show is being evalutaed
I haven't said any such thing.
>So please list the other criteria that elevate it to the level at which it should be considered to be the best anime of all time.
You still really don't understand do you? You are still stuck in an "lets objectively compare this to something else I think I can objectively judge it to be objectively worse than to prove it can't be best" type of thought process. That isn't how subjective judgement works.
>>
>>162109164
>I haven't said any such thing.
You claimed that it wasnt just the shows influence that makes them appear on "best anime of all time" lists. So yes, you claimed exactly that. If you say that it wasnt even best written or visually pleasing work of its time (any later works arent even relevant now), that what consistutes it as being the best? How can something be the best if its inferior in all of its aspects, with influence being removed from the equation?

>That isn't how subjective judgement works
See above. If its not the best written or visually pleasing show (which is your subjective opinion by the way), what qualifies it to be the best ever? I wont bother after this, since you clearly do nothing but evade the point. Claiming for something to be the best needs some form of basis so please, finally provide said basis.
>>
>>162107311
the problem with this is >>162108263's right
it's clear your criteria snuffs out things that aren't technically impressive or noteworthy. Things like Initial D, Dragon Ball, Akagi, Pokemon. Things that achieve greatness in other ways.
>>
>>162109296
>You claimed that it wasnt just the shows influence that makes them appear on "best anime of all time" lists
I haven't said that at all. Quote me if you can. The only person that has mentioned influence is you and me quoting you.

>See above. If its not the best written or visually pleasing show (which is your subjective opinion by the way), what qualifies it to be the best ever?
The basis is subjective, it can be literally anything. The animation might be "worse" if we consider what the consensus (not objective fact) on what good animation looks like, and the writing might be worse if you want to follow some arbitrary consensus on rules of writing, but that doesn't mean people cannot think they are better shows.

You don't understand this at all do you. This isn't something where because other people think it is the best thing of all time they are right and you are wrong, people can have different opinions. Even if a lot of other people disagree with them. It isn't something to be objectively judged.

Art isn't something that can neatly be placed in to boxes with those displaying more technical ability automatically being considered superior to those of lesser ability. A piece of music played by a lone mediocre guitarist can be just as emotionally affecting as a masterful violin concerto. Likewise a medieval painting from pre-perspective era can be considered more beautiful than a modern work of perfect realism.
>>
>>162109705
>The basis is subjective
wrong
>>
>start out wrong
>end up with wrongtaste
tale as old as time. taste is god given. there are so many ways you can fuck up and be a walled-in thoughtlet- it's a true miracle when you break through and understand the nature of truth.
>>
>>162106615
Dragon Ball and Ranma suck you pleb
>>
>>162111038
Good thing that's Z and Urusei Yatsura you literal simian.
>>
>>162111038
>thinking Urusei Yatsura is Ranma
>thinking Ranma sucks

I hope you're legitimately retarded because there's no other excuse for this.
>>
>>162111114
No need to make excuses for your poor taste
>>
>>162111203
lol get lost virgin
>>
>>162111038
>Ranma
Hmm
>>
>>162107311
MALfags and redditors always get mad at this chart because it goes against their gatekeeping tastes.
>>
File: 3x3_animu.jpg (203KB, 920x920px) Image search: [Google]
3x3_animu.jpg
203KB, 920x920px
>>162105586
My taste is good
>>
>>162111915
Is that fucking Guilty Crown bottom middle
>>
>>162114518
That's the Dark Flame Master you heathen
>>
File: rational favorites.png (138KB, 579x962px) Image search: [Google]
rational favorites.png
138KB, 579x962px
Did you make sure you could explain your favorites to a robot who doesn't understand love?
>>
>>162118298
that was an interesting read
>>
>>162116426
Pardon me
>>
File: 3x2.jpg (100KB, 760x596px) Image search: [Google]
3x2.jpg
100KB, 760x596px
>>162105586
Here is how you do a 3x3.
Thread posts: 61
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.