[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Spice and Wolf thread

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 11

File: spice-and-wolf.jpg (111KB, 1280x1024px) Image search: [Google]
spice-and-wolf.jpg
111KB, 1280x1024px
I just finished watching Spice and Wolf. The series was interesting, but not without grievances.

- Holo was such a cunt to Lawrence, a lot of the time. I rationalised this to being that he wanted to benefit from her skills in dealing, but it just turns out he is a push over and lapped it up.

- The economic strategising was cool. It got a bit hard to follow with all the different currencies, but was fun nonetheless.

- The art style was nice

- Being a peddler seems comfy as fuck

- Holo transforming into her wolf form and saving the day seemed like an all-too-convenient Deus Ex Machina, making me think that they were never in any real risk

Did you like Spice and Wolf, /a/?
>>
You forget that she was fucked by that big wolf.
>>
-s3 never
>>
>>162100626
Oh yeah that was another thing.

What a cliffhanger to leave it on.

>>162100612
Oh yeah, she was. How does that affect anything, though? Are you saying she wanted big alpha wolf dick over Lawrence, so she would never be happy?
>>
File: 032ch.jpg (2MB, 1337x1920px) Image search: [Google]
032ch.jpg
2MB, 1337x1920px
Spice and Wolf is what happens when you think up a 10/10 character but have no interesting story to put them in.
>>
>>162100612
She was?
>>
File: maou_horns.jpg (99KB, 800x900px) Image search: [Google]
maou_horns.jpg
99KB, 800x900px
What's up with that ridiculous spacing?
Why are you not using the maymay arrows?
Why did you watch it just now?
>>
>>162100666
Could have deus ex machina'd some extra power to avoid taking the red reocket, but didn't. The whole knot, anon. The whole knot.
>>
>>162100725
What do you mean?
>>
>>162100747
>>162100739

You know anon, reddit seems to think that there was no red rocket.

https://www.reddit.com/r/SpiceandWolf/comments/37g53n/i_only_just_realised_how_holo_dealt_with_the/

In fact, they believe she just prostrated herself to them and asked for forgiveness.

>>162100742
>What's up with that ridiculous spacing?
>Why are you not using the maymay arrows?
I haven't posted on 4chan in a while.
>Why did you watch it just now?
I've been busy with work and stuff. I haven't sat down to watch an anime in a long time until I picked this up yesterday.
>>
I've read posts from anons in the past claiming that Lawrence gets ntr'd by Holo in this series. I disagree. While she is a cunt to him, she doesn't really ntr him. She does try to make him jealous a lot, though, and it works.
>>
6/10 show, interesting premise but boring as hell, super overrated by its fans
>>
>>162100878
because it honestly makes no sense sexual conotation in her knees being dirty with muddy
if she really took the know, she wouldnt be in human form, she would take the whole thing standing as a wolf
>>
>>162101039
Yeah this is true. They also went out of their way to emphasise that she didn't transform, as she was still wearing her clothing when she met up with Lawrence again. Unless she took them off first, which I doubt.
>>
>>162100569
SnW is one of the most loved series here. I disagree with >>162100725 as the point of the story is not to tell the tale of some great adventure, but just narrate the day to day life of the pair. The show is about worldbuilding and characters and not really about a single happening, or beating evil, or some shit.

>>162100980
Korbo literally tells the MC that because she's a goddess and will live a long time, she will forget him when he dies and find another male. Though it seems that she's not that honest because she's getting very close to him.

And don't forget she gets fucked by a big alpha wolf.
>>
>>162101039
the male wolf transformed and took her doggy style
>>
File: Spice_and_wolf_weg.png (369KB, 1009x375px) Image search: [Google]
Spice_and_wolf_weg.png
369KB, 1009x375px
I loved the economics stuff. The fool's gold arc, and all the trading was really neat. Reminded me of the cryptocurrency situation we have at the moment. Same with the fact that there's all these different coins they trade in; there are many different cryptocurrencies out there right now.
>>
File: 1502956421011.jpg (37KB, 600x397px) Image search: [Google]
1502956421011.jpg
37KB, 600x397px
You guys think Lawrence also lies to himself just like we do?
Do you think he tries to tell himself daily that "nah, she just kneeled for him, my wolfwaifu for sure didnt take the knot"?
>>
>>162100626
Just read the novels aleady.
>>
>>162101351
Sure. A lot of guys these days are beta bitches. I wonder if SaW was Japanese propaganda for all the otakus out there in Japan. Like how Holo gets mad at Lawrence for not getting mad at her; he lets her walk all over him. Are they trying to tell Japanese men something?
>>
>>162101406
What's the deal with vol 18? I thought series is finished, bought all of them, stuck for ages on vol 5 and now something new is out.
>>
>>162101632
Got a continuation and a spin off. Married life for the two lovers and their daughter goes frolicking woth Kol as he tackles scholarly pursuits.
>>
It is impossible to have a Spice and Wolf thread during US hours since they are so obsessed with cuckoldry that they project their fetish into the series.
>>
>>162101877
You'd need to be blind to think there is no cuckold-bait in Spice and Wolf.

The scene where the supplicates herself beneath the male wolf god is deliberately vague pseudo-NTR. And the whole Amati/Amarty arc is the same thing: vague pseudo-NTR. Holo goes off with another man, who by the way is interested in her sexually. She is with him for a long time. When she comes back she says they didn't do anything but it's not like you can know.

Spice and Wolf's author is a cuckold fetishist, it's obvious
>>
>Global rule 6: The quality of posts is extremely important to this community. Contributors are encouraged to provide high-quality images and informative comments.
>>
>>162100569
One of the most overrated pieces of garbage ever made
>>
File: Milton-Friedman.jpg (362KB, 1652x1118px) Image search: [Google]
Milton-Friedman.jpg
362KB, 1652x1118px
>>162100725
Are you implying economics is not interesting?
>>
>>162102227
If you're the kind of person who finds economics interesting, you're not the kind of person who finds elementary school level economics interesting.
>>
>>162102227
Ugh, Free markets are not the way to solve everything. Fuck off, neoliberal scum.

How do you avoid market capture without regulation? You can't.
>>
>>162102261
Not really, it's pretty nice to see an anime showing elementary level economics, if they get that stuff right.
>>
>>162102056
It was literally prostrating herself, to imagine anything else is to be retarded.
She is a very proud wolf and prostrating herself for a younger kin is a shameful act. It had nothing to do with sex you retard.
>>
>>162102434
It happens off screen for a reason. The author wanted to make you wonder.
Same thing with Amati.
>>
reminds me of the pride and prejudice.

I quite enjoyed the relationship/banter between the two.
Is the manga worth it?
>>
File: holo.jpg (173KB, 909x1200px) Image search: [Google]
holo.jpg
173KB, 909x1200px
I want to study economics with Holo.
>>
File: 40889.jpg (26KB, 225x350px) Image search: [Google]
40889.jpg
26KB, 225x350px
didnt this guy get cyber bullied or someshit
>>
>Colette will fug Lawrence and korbo's daughter
>>
>>162102056
Holy shit you just ruined this show forever for me, thanks anon...
>>
File: 1486531070010.jpg (2MB, 2214x1600px) Image search: [Google]
1486531070010.jpg
2MB, 2214x1600px
It was a good show and a good LN. I love a happy ending.
>>
File: le bankrupcy lad.jpg (70KB, 309x298px) Image search: [Google]
le bankrupcy lad.jpg
70KB, 309x298px
Lawrence was too good for Holo
>>
I'm currently reading the novels, and I just started vol 14. I have to say that I expected to hate Col but he brings a nice change of dynamics to the duo.
Thread posts: 40
Thread images: 11

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.