[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

If, and this is talking purely hypothetically, by some absolute

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 82
Thread images: 20

File: 1435699195950.jpg (701KB, 1000x711px) Image search: [Google]
1435699195950.jpg
701KB, 1000x711px
If, and this is talking purely hypothetically, by some absolute miracle a Tsukihime remake were to come into exist, what would you want to see out of it?

Of course, it'll never happen, but we all like "what-ifs" around here, right?
>>
FGO tie in which actually will happen since Nasu said there will be a minor subplot in the Tsukihime that connects to FGO in time for the crossover
>>
>>162084649
Well it was already hinted at in the recent Melty Blood manga. The Lev of Tsukihime's world committed suicide before his Flauros personality fully awakened, thus saving that world from the fate of the others.

It seems that Archetype:Earth may play some sort of role in as well, as well as the Twenty-Seven Dead Apostles whose roles are "those who oppose human history" and stand opposite of the Heroic Spirits.
>>
I kinda want a map of the mansion. Apparently, Takeuchi actually made a 3D model of the building.
>>
Reminder that Shiki is a Seigi no Mikata according to Nasu.
>>
>>162084325
>what would you want to see out of it?
Incest. Even shitty shows like Oreimo can be fucking huge if they have incest.
>>
File: ribbon.png (331KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
ribbon.png
331KB, 640x480px
>>162084325
Music by the dude who made these songs
https://youtu.be/0Z0S2h9aiFk
https://youtu.be/c1sZ2q1ZFUY
https://youtu.be/nXnRjzVzB4c
Also they somehow keeping the sexual violence aspect even after censoring stuff
>>
>>162084325
A Yacchin route
>>
>>162087069
Sacchin*
>>
>>162087019
I'm really looking forward to whatever new theme they end up giving Shiki. If it's at least Emiya tier, I'd be satisfied.

I never felt that Wonderful Boy really suited him. Harmonicas don't really fit Shiki.
>>
If they made some changes to the story structure, I think I'd be satisfied. I've always felt that as far as structure was concerned, Tsukihime was vastly inferior to Fate.

There are five routes, but after the first route, many of the mysteries end up becoming moot. Because you learn that "main villain is Akiha's brother" in the very first route, you pretty much understand what's going on throughout the whole of Ciel and Akiha's routes. Hisui's route introduced the twist of Kohaku being the main villain of the Far Side, and Kohaku's route created the unexpected twist of making Akiha the final boss, but three of the five routes still more or less followed the same formula. The worst part is how Ciel's route is half just a copy of Arcueid's route. Even when just speaking of the Far Side routes, the shock of seeing Yumizuka become a vampire disappears for the latter two routes after it happens in the first.

Basically, nothing really surprises you in the Ciel and Akiha routes, and since over half the routes more or less follow the same formula, it starts to feel a little redundant.

Compare to Fate, where each route does something completely different.
>>
>>162084325
Arc: I think she looks fine apart from not having more defined hair vents. The granny skirt looks out of place in a 2017 city and this look has more definition than two big blocks of white and purple.
Ciel: Cute, it'd be perfect if she reverts to her parted hair when in executor mode
Akiha: General improvement (why wear a red skirt when she hates red) but I miss the white hairband. It a subtle indicator of her immature side
Maids: they look exactly the same

t. anon not freaking out over every little change. Takeuchi's sameface is a lot worse though
>>
>>162087019
>sexual violence
triggered
>>
>>162084325
I mean, I would prefer there be a Tsukihime anime being created in the first place, but that's just me.
>>
I wonder if Takeuchi actually likes Shiki.
>>
>>162087464
You should have done Ahika's route first in the far side. Then do Hisui's and then Kohaku's. It works out much better that way. I do agree that Ciel's route is too similar to Arc's though.
>>
>>162089412
I did. But the fundamental issue is that you know from the start that it's not Shiki OR Akiha that's the killer. You know exactly who the final boss from the start, all because you already met him in the previous two routes.
>>
>>162089530
I don't really see why that matters though. Shiki is totally different in Ahika's route since Roa didn't completely take him over. Is that not a twist?
>>
Why the fuck would they do it at this point? FGO makes in day what a Tsukihime VN remake would sell. That's not even an exaggeration. Nasu would have to do it for the love of his work and we all know he's not that type of person. He's a money grubbing jew. Nasu doesn't even like Tsukihime, he's embarrassed by it.
>>
>>162089681
Tsukihime is ostensibly 1/3rd romance, 1/3rd horror and 1/3rd mystery. If you remove the mystery component, that's basically a third of the entire thing. It's a little disappointing. The further you play, the less you're surprised by developments. Nothing shocks you, except in Hisui's route when you learn that Kohaku is the culprit.

Well, as far as horror goes, it's nothing special either way. Nasu's not really that good at scaring the audience.
>>
>>162089750
Yeah, I guess I'll just have to disagree with you here. I enjoyed the far side as a whole quite a bit more than the near side. Especially Hisui's and Kohaku's routes which surprised me the most. Sure, Tsukihime isn't scary, but it gets creepy at times.
>>
>>162089825
Kohaku's route was neat and there were a few subversions to the normal formula, but by then, you basically had all the answers. Compare to Fate, where each route introduces a new, completely different mystery from the previous.

Basically, it's an issue of structure. Shiki fights Nrvnqsr twice and Yumizuka three times. The actual players never really change, they just get switched around occasionally. The mysteries of Shiki's past are all solved in the very first route. The basic nature of the Tohno clan are also pretty much laid out for you in the form of exposition at the end of Arcueid's route.

Frankly, the first route just gives away too much. It would have been fine to leave in a few mysteries, but instead they give you the gist of everything point blank.
>>
File: len kissu.jpg (179KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
len kissu.jpg
179KB, 640x480px
>>162084325
I hope we also get a KT remake so best girl gets her time to shine again.
>>
>>162084325
Chaldea uses grail from the next singularity to wish for the Tsukihime remake. Then Shiki kills servants.
>>
File: 140351223.jpg (462KB, 704x1240px) Image search: [Google]
140351223.jpg
462KB, 704x1240px
>>162090155
>>
>>162089709
>Nasu doesn't even like Tsukihime, he's embarrassed by it.
Why would he be embarrased of his magnum opus?
>>
>>162090740
He hates anything he's written more than two years ago. When they proposed a series of movie adaptations of Kara no Kyoukai, he tried to rewrite it. When they proposed another adaptation of Fate, he tried to rewrite the Fate route.
>>
>>162087019
PC Release
>>
>>162090334
>Hassan of the Clear Eyes
>An unknown Old Man of the Mountain. A peculiarity among the Hassans. As there are so few records of their actions, it was questioned even within the cult whether such an entity truly existed. However, there are two common descriptions related to them: They were said to possess the ability to kill anything, even that which wasn't alive. But, it is also said that they were a peaceful type that never killed a single human being. A contradictory existence that goes against the principles of being the leader of an assassin cult. Followed by death wherever one went, yet understanding the value of life. Supposedly, their skill was so great that they were said to be the closest to the ephemeral First. Their piercing, yet gentle blue eyes were like that of a graceful God of Death.
>A Demi-Servant fitting those descriptions has appeared in Chaldea. It appears that he is a Japanese boy around high school age. He doesn't appear to know the identity of the Servant he's possessed by, but it seems that they have remarkably good compatibility with one another. The boy seems to already have some skill as an assassin to begin with, and being possessed by a Heroic Spirit only appears to enhance them. However, he has a friendly disposition, and seems unlikely to be capable of harming anything at first glance.
>>
File: kohaku's real smile.png (417KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
kohaku's real smile.png
417KB, 640x480px
>>162090085
I don't think you're really looking at Tsukihime the right way. You have too many preconceptions about its intentions and the intentions of those intentions and, as a result, aren't allowing yourself to enjoy the story for its own merits. If I had to categorize Tsukihime in a particular genre, I wouldn't put it anywhere other than "Urban Fantasy", because it more or less fits that label perfectly. That's not really what the story is about, though. It doesn't need twists or mysteries because they're mainly coincidences, as is any shock value. The mystery can't really be said to be a third of the story if it disappears a fifth into the story. Trying to quantify these sorts of things is impractical.

Besides, no good mystery ever spoils the mystery. They always have ambiguous endings so the readers can play detective and create theories from analyzing the text. That's what makes it mysterious. If it was really a mystery, then not all the cards would be so conveniently and clearly laid out, and if it was really a horror, Nrvnsqr wouldn't job harder than anyone has ever jobbed before to Shiki.

For example, Sacchin's story in Far Side isn't so shocking at all, but it is very tragic. It's before the routes split, though, so of course it's going to lose its impact after three readings in a row. Normally you don't reread the same book three times in a row, you'd pick it up again a year or two later. That's not to say to read a single visual novel over the course of five to ten years, of course. It's still a linear narrative despite being told in a non-linear way, but it has save slots for this very reason so you can go back to the point where things split.

The focus of Tsukihime is on setting and drama. As the story progresses from route to route, the focus shifts from setting to drama, as the setting facilitates the upcoming drama.
>>
>>162089709
FGO will die in a couple years
>>
>>162091599
In spite of that, I still think having all the answers from the start is a flaw. It's hard to put yourself in Shiki's shoes if you know everything he doesn't.

It's an issue of being able to empathize. In Akiha's route, he's constantly worried about whether he's a killer, or whether Akiha's a killer. But you already know the answer. You know that neither of them are the culprit, so it's hard to empathize with his plight. There's still the issue of what the other Shiki's up to, but you're going in knowing full well that most of Shiki's worries are unnecessary.

It's like, let's say one of your friends is worried that they're gonna die tomorrow. But you already know with absolute certainty that they'll be fine. Even if your friend doesn't believe you when they tell him, you're still able to rest easy knowing that nothing's gonna happen.
>>
>>162092029
That makes a lot more sense. It's definitely a real flaw with Akiha's route. We already knew that Shiki could be harboring Roa after the conflict in Ciel's route, but SHIKI's presence spoils it. It's quite strange when we were reminded that Arcueid is still in play immediately before Shiki pursued Satsuki.
>>
This chair
>>
>>162092403
On top of that, Roa/Shiki becomes less and less meaningful an enemy the further in you go. Then again, I think Nasu realized that, hence why his presence became less and less important. By Kohaku's route, he doesn't even matter.

But, if I'm being completely honest, Roa/Shiki was always lame from the start. It wasn't until Sasaki Shonen's comic adaptation that he became actually impressive. Among all the antagonists Nasu created, he's one of the weaker ones. Asagami, Araya, Kotomine, Gilgamesh, Archer, B.B., Kiara, TATARI, even Dust of Osiris, they're all better.
>>
File: 1466907621631.jpg (77KB, 644x910px) Image search: [Google]
1466907621631.jpg
77KB, 644x910px
>>162092635
VN Roa's pretty weak but I thought SHIKI was great. Understandable motivations, victim of circumstance with an extremely shitty life, and you different facets of him in each Far Side route. Extremely hateable in Akiha's route (which I thought made him a good end boss and his own blood sister rejected him to his face), somewhat sympathetic in Hisui (Shiki's crazy thoughts infested his mind too and he just want out of all this, Kohaku ruined his life) and amiable in Kohaku's when not dealing with the sibling rivalry He's Lio done right.
>>
>>162090783
He also wanted to rewrite UBW too. Thank goodness he'll be able to write whatever he wants with Last Encore.
>>
>>162092904
Yeah, but I feel like as a rival/antagonist, he was lacking. Even though he's stronger, faster and more resilient than Shiki, you never really got the feeling that Shiki was at a disadvantage. On the contrary, he always feels like he has the upper hand.

Then again, it was the same for Nrvnqsr too, once he went full Nanaya.
>>
File: s310-19.jpg (43KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
s310-19.jpg
43KB, 640x480px
>>162092635
>>162092986
one of the reasons why I thought the Arc route was the weakest.
it lacks a good antagonist.
Ciel's route at least had Warcueid, but Chaos and Valdamjong were pretty much what Gil was in stay night: obstacles with high powerlevels.
>>
File: 088089kd8.jpg (254KB, 1000x711px) Image search: [Google]
088089kd8.jpg
254KB, 1000x711px
>>162092986
No stopping the Shikiller
>>
>>162093246
Gil came off as extremely overpowered and a legit unbeatable force in Fate and UBW. Nrvnqsr would be just as dangerous in any other story but here it's clearly a setup to be taken down by MEoDP, and Roa like you said lacked any kind of threat and he was straight up weaker than the vampire they already fought. The manga did way better and kept giving new powers throughout the story.
>>
Speaking of which, if the Twenty-Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors are the antithesis of human history, then what does that make Shiki, who appears to be their archnemesis? Within two years, he destroyed two (three?) of them.

And if all worlds in which humanity has no future are purged, then what does that make Tsukihime's world, in which humanity is doomed to die out within a thousand years?
>>
>>162093399
Sasuga Berserker class
>>
>>162093399
I think the thing that bothers me most about this doujin isn't the powerlevels, but how severely they misunderstood the characters, especially Shiki.

Shiki would never treat life or death so callously. He'd never think it's okay to kill Berserker just because he's "not human". Even if he felt that he had to kill Berserker, that doesn't mean that he'd just throw aside that death like it's nothing.
>>
>>162093725
Seems like it's just Nanaya-meme mode. Blame melty blood for turning it into a switch he can flick on and off.
>>
>>162094437
Melty Blood never does that. Shiki never goes Nanaya in Melty Blood.

The problem is what he says to Shirou after that in the doujin. He says something like "What are you so mad for? He wasn't even human." This is something that Shiki would never say.
>>
>>162086142
And where, may we ask, did this information come from?
>>
>>162084325
I'd like to see them respect the proper length of Arc's skirt, she isn't a fucking whore.
>>
>>162094661
>「基本的に人畜無害だが、悪意をもって彼に接すると決まって破滅させられるという、特異なタイプの正義の味方。」
>"Ordinarily, he's utterly harmless, but if you come at him with evil intent, he'll completely destroy you. An unusual category of ally of justice."

Melty Blood: Act Cadenza manual
>>
>>162094750
>Fucks Shiki only after knowing him for a days.

She's a complete whore mate.
>>
>>162092986
Are you actively trying to invent nonsense to complain about? At no point was Shiki supposed to be an underdog. Even in the context of an action story, which Tsukihime never was(there are literally 3 fight scenes throughout the entirety of Far Side, with the exception of the two times SHIKI was murdered), if anything, SHIKI/Roa was an underdog in every way. Shiki always had what they wanted. He had Arcueid. He had Akiha. He stole SHIKI's entire life. SHIKI was pitiful and Roa was a fool.

In reality, Tsukihime is always about Shiki's inner conflict about mortality and his relationships with the women around him. An antagonist isn't necessary, let alone a strong one. It's just another tool to explore a setting like any other.
>>
File: Ciel'sOOCwaifubait.jpg (168KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
Ciel'sOOCwaifubait.jpg
168KB, 640x480px
>>162095125
That was special. They were in love. If there's anything to complain about, it's how she literally has Ciel's expressions on Saber's face with Jeannu's hair now.
>>
>>162095328
She looks cuter now. Ciel's original look was already dated back in 2000.
>>
>>162084325
I'm more interested in a rewritten Kohaku route than a Sacchin route. The original was a huge letdown compared to Hisui's.
>>
File: Kazuma waving hello to Rem.gif (433KB, 635x479px) Image search: [Google]
Kazuma waving hello to Rem.gif
433KB, 635x479px
>>162095404
How can a candle hope to compete with the light of the sun? That is the plight of other girls and their routes trying to go up against best girl and best route.
>>
File: tsukiCG_090.jpg (76KB, 640x481px) Image search: [Google]
tsukiCG_090.jpg
76KB, 640x481px
>>162095602
>>162095404
Hisuifags making fools out of themselves as usual.
>>
File: fucking.png (404KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
fucking.png
404KB, 640x480px
>>162095362
No you nigger, Arcueid has Ciel's expressions on Saber's face. I couldn't care less about Ciel as long as she's still visibly Ciel.
>>
File: Hisui_ending_1.jpg (35KB, 400x300px) Image search: [Google]
Hisui_ending_1.jpg
35KB, 400x300px
>>162095751
>>
File: tsukiCG_077.jpg (32KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
tsukiCG_077.jpg
32KB, 640x480px
>>162096066
Fuck you and your autistic waifu.
>>
tsukihime is super overrated due to hipster cred and it doesnt need a remake
>>
>>162095984
>Arcueid has Ciel's expressions on Saber's face.
But Arc came first.
>>
>>162096263
>one of the most popular VNs ever
>hipster
>>
>>162096297
don't pretend you don't know what I mean, it was overshadowed by FSN
>>
Under the Moon 3.0
>>
Reminder Tsukihime and Melty Blood are no longer in the Type-Moon website
>>
>>162096263
It's specifically because it's super overrated that it needs a remake
>>
File: arc1.png (394KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
arc1.png
394KB, 640x480px
>>162096265
Ciel used to make these sorts of expressions: >>162095328
Arc used to make these sorts of expressions: >>162095984
As of the remake artwork: >>162084325, Arc now makes these sorts of expressions: >>162095328

Connect the dots, anon.
>>
>>162096446
I can still access them
>>
>>162095362
Why did Takeuchi change Akiha's school uniform but keep the horrendous yellow that Shiki's school uses?
>>
>>162096910
Shiki's school is a commoner school.
>>
File: Arc-diag7.png (34KB, 512x256px) Image search: [Google]
Arc-diag7.png
34KB, 512x256px
>>162096517
Arcueid was always supposed to be a cute type. Something just got lost in translation. When we saw her again in Melty Blood, Nasu's intentions were a little more clear.
>>
File: tsukiCG_042.jpg (34KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
tsukiCG_042.jpg
34KB, 640x480px
>>162098266
Not that sort of cute though. She was naive, honest, and whimsical with a calm, kind nature and a narrow but insanely potent capacity for coldness and hostility. Takeuchi seems to have generalized all forms of moe into one generic uguu and has become the first human to reach the prophecized legendary triple-layered sameface.

>When we saw her again in Melty Blood, Nasu's intentions were a little more clear
Yeah, just like Meme Witch Kohaku, and Curry Ass.
>>
>>162098741
Takeuchi only draws expressions that are appropriate for Nasu's scripts.
>>
File: aoko-dere.jpg (91KB, 640x540px) Image search: [Google]
aoko-dere.jpg
91KB, 640x540px
>>162099039
How long has it been since he's done that again?
>>
>>162099227
Fate/Grand Order?

In any case, an illustrator doesn't exactly have the luxury of choosing whatever expressions he wants. The portraits are chosen in response to the script. So if Takeuchi felt like he needed to draw that kind of expression for Arcueid, it's probably in response to something Nasu wrote.
>>
>>162099356
Nasu has never had especially thorough descriptions of character's emotions, so I find it unlikely he's particular about the stock portraits of all things. We know from an abundance of interviews that Takeuchi is responsible for many creative decisions to the degree that, despite not making the scripts, he has an equal stake in the work to Nasu. All of the expressions in the new art are stiff as shit compared to the old art without comparing theme between characters, but when looking at them in the art we have, Arc and Ciel have almost identical expressions across the board. It seems as if Takeuchi took the demeanors of "nice with a serious side" and "serious with a nice side" and dropped everything else.

Besides, Nasu has only improved as a writer. I find it highly unlikely he would make his characters more bland in a serious product. I expect to see completely different art in the complete remake anyways. These things never stay the same across an entire development cycle, even one-year ones No one will overcome Takeuchi's Saber fetish, though.
>>
>>162084325
2007-2009 designs and new Melty Blood in HD. Honestly I wouldn't touch Turkeyhandle. Just release Tsukihime 2 and give me new Melty on console.
>>
>>162084325
Fate franchise sells more
>>
>>162099356
>So if Takeuchi felt like he needed to draw that kind of expression for Arcueid, it's probably in response to something Nasu wrote.
>implying Takeuchi doesn't draw what he wants and Nasu accommodates Takeuchi's whims for being such a GC

Takeuchi is probably the only example in the world where believing in someone else and supporting them wholeheartedly actually paid off amazingly.
>>
>>162103316
That's already happening, why would that be your wish?
>>
File: SHIKI.png (211KB, 500x600px) Image search: [Google]
SHIKI.png
211KB, 500x600px
>>162092635
>caring about antagonist power levels

Talk about missing the point. Are you an FGO baby, who thinks everyone needs to be a Beast and the heroes need to be super strong for you to feel accomplished?

Kirei is the final boss of FSN, yet he would lose against most Servants in that story. Lio Shirazumi, the SHIKI of KnK, is dead the moment Shiki decides to actually kill him. Araya, the great mastermind, is a weaker magus than Willy Wonka or Touko.

They're all antagonists on a personal level, the're not meant to be super tough opponents. "Serious threats" to Shiki go out the window the minute he slashes apart Nrvnqsr's 666 beasts in a near-death state. It's a character exploration, not a battle royale, not a power level wankery fest. SHIKI feels threatening at the start because he's an unknown, something that the protagonist had repressed from his memories, and that posesses a very similar special ability. As you go through the routes, you realize that he's weak of body and mind, and being manipulated. Even Kohaku, the person who instigates him, just wants to commit suicide as soon as her goals are met.
>>
File: arcueid.png (327KB, 600x450px) Image search: [Google]
arcueid.png
327KB, 600x450px
Friendly reminder Arcueid is stronger, prettier, smarter and cooler than Saber.
Thread posts: 82
Thread images: 20

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.