[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

convince me as to why I should watch subbed anime over dubbed anime

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 45
Thread images: 4

File: 1488509635997.gif (2MB, 389x413px) Image search: [Google]
1488509635997.gif
2MB, 389x413px
convince me as to why I should watch subbed anime over dubbed anime
>>
>>161986311
I won't. do as you like.
>>
>>161986335
This. Just don't post here ever again.
>>
>>161986311
Because jap VAs tend to be better
>>
Because most of the stuff you watch is absolute garbage. Forcing yourself to read subtitles means that your brain is at least being mildly stimulated.
>>
No. Fuck off and die.
>>
>>161986311
Kill yourself.
>>
>>161986504
>>161986461
so you're saying dubs are better?
>>
>>161986354
by what metric?
>>
>>161986724
Yes. Fuck off now.
>>
>>161986311
Anything dubbed into another language has a lower quality than the original.
Take the Hitler biography "Downfall" for example, where that "Feigelign" clip is from. The original German has stellar delivery and conveys emotion in each scene extremely well. You can really what each general was going through just with their delivery. The English version on the other hand everyone is yelling and half joking like it's a Totally Spies episode. Kills the whole atmosphere.
Anime suffers the same way where the dub voices don't emote properly or they turn it into a comedy. Doesn't really matter if you're watching Voltron but anything with emotion is a gamble
>>
go back to wherever you came from
>>
No, dubs are better by miles. Who wants to listen to "CHING CHONG PING PONG WAKA DAKA" all day.

Misty > Kasimu
Brock > Takeshit
Ash > Satoshit

Listen to meowth's stupid voice in japan idk what they were thinking.
>>
>>161986873
I came from here
>>
>>161986887
Then you should know not to make these shit threads.
>>
Reminder to sage and report garbage threads.
>>
>>161986827
dubbing live action is a whole different can of worms than animation
you can dub animation much more convincingly, especially anime, so using a bad dub of a real movie to argue is a bit of a moot point
do you mind giving examples of anime dubs not being able to emote that isn't some obscure budget garbage?
>>
>>161986885

Well, maybe if everyone in the US actually is born with throat cancer, it makes sense to like their voices better.
>>
>there are people on /a/ RIGHT NOW who unironically watch dubs and brag about it to anonymous users on a roman backgammon imageboard
>>
>>161986968
>there are people on /a/ RIGHT NOW who unironically watch subs and brag about it to anonymous users on a roman backgammon imageboard
>>
>>161986931
>madoka
>haruhi
>evangelion
the list goes on
>>
>>161987033
Agreed on everything but Tiffany Grant and Spike Spencer in Evangelion, Madoka's dub was physically painful to listen to.
>>
The brain cannot do two things at once and must constantly shift focus.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PkBa5oHXgsE

Reading while watching anime lowers the experience by constantly forcing you to divert attention away from the animation. Dubs are superior because science.
>>
>>161986885
>watching the anime
Your fault for being a giant pokecuck that got baited into a desperate attempt to get genwunners' attention. Fuck off back to your containment board where you can wallow in your shit taste.
>>
>>161987033
Dubs are always better. Japanese girl voices sound like five year olds, boys sound like repressed faggots. And then you still have to listen to them sounding like a box of silverware being dumped into a washing machine.

Quit torturing yourself and watch stuff in the language you were born speaking.
>>
>>161986931
The Hajimete no Gal dub right now totally ruins the relationship between Yame and MC. The banter between MC and his mates is actually better with the Yank cast retooling it, but Yame has this Paris Hilton schitck that kills the chemistry. She doesn't sound anything like the soft and motherly original and seems uninterested in the guy.

There's also
>Chuu2 giving Riika this really loud confident american actress instead of a shy cinnamon roll in the original.
>Maid Dragon and Prison School going on feminist tangents that weren't in the original
>Later Yugioh series using annoying high pitched VAs instead of casting them as confident, deep pitched men in the original
>Initial D throwing in teen movie phrases like "totally awesome" and "crazy bad" nonstop

There are plenty that actually take care like Death Note but the average show doesn't have as dedicated dubbers.
>>
>>161987215
What the fuck is a "genwun"?
>>
File: voice of a sexy snake girl.jpg (41KB, 600x400px) Image search: [Google]
voice of a sexy snake girl.jpg
41KB, 600x400px
black lagoon is better dubbed

jormungand is better dubbed

FLCL is better dubbed

Space dandy is better dubbed

Full metal panic is better dubbed https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=52oUyJv08yA
The problem with dubs is they dont TRY anymore

A good example is the monster girls dub. They literally got some fat 40 year old woman to dub mia and its not even close.

The whole "WAH VA's NEED A UNION" has utterly devastated the market and its dominated by a handful of fat con sluts with absolutely no talent.

Sentia filmworks puts out some of the worst dubs you will ever hear. Go watch GUP and get nightmares

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Emncf4kP_m0

Here is the monster girl dub.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GDsMVdyqS7o

Pic related. Its the fat 40 year old hog that voices miia
>>
>>161987222
>tfw liked the maid dragon dub
am I a feminist enabler now
>>
>>161986742
By them having a big industry focused around just this which creates a highly competitive environment for voice actors.
Anime voice actors in the west are often mediocre actors or people doing it for quick money, they're rarely ever in the industry because that's the job they truly want to be doing.
Meanwhile in nipland it's the opposite and if you begin to do a sub-par job you're gonna get replaced quickly by someone who's doing a better job (unless you're a fan favourite which kind of changes things a bit).

It makes sense that an industry created specifically for something would have generally higher quality products rather than an industry created as an afterthought.
>>
>>161987222
Hajimete's dub is better than the original thanks to the script. Almost reminds me of the days of gag dubs and kinda gag subs like sgt frog and shin chan
>>
>>161987217
I wasn't born speaking english murriclap.
>>
>>161987532
*kinda gag dubs
>>
File: 1498900750531.png (176KB, 500x282px) Image search: [Google]
1498900750531.png
176KB, 500x282px
>>161986311
not surprising that the person posting maid dragon is advocating dubs over subs
>>
>>161987541
Haha you had to learn it because your own language was too irrelevant.

Japanese are desperate to learn english themselves. Even they think english dubs are better.
>>
>>161987532
I agree with you here. NAZ fucked the comedy so bad that the dub team had to fix the pacing. It's more watchable than the original T B H.
>>
>>161987210
refute this, subfags
>>
You should select subs or dubs on a case by case basis. If a dub is solid and you're fine with dubs, then watch that. If it's not or you don't wanna watch a dub, watch subbed. It's that easy.

With shows you really liked subbed, why not try dubbed on a rewatch to determine for yourself if the dub stands well enough on its own? There's ultimately no one-size fits all answer and it's even affected by personal taste.
>>
>>161987764
>This video contains content from National Geographic, who has blocked it in your country on copyright grounds.
Checkmate, atheists.
>>
>>161987574
(You)'re not even trying, are you?
>>
I watch both sub then dubs
Just to see what they did with it
Dual audio master race
>>
Code Geass had a great dub
>>
>>161987006
you see what he did with your statement? he just flipped it around on you
total pro!
>>
>>161986311
Watch Madoka Magica, Shinsekai Yori and Higurashi dubbed. Then you will understand
>>
>>161988878
It was mediocre compared to the original.
Thread posts: 45
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.