[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I hate to admit it... But Magi really went to shit after

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 3

I hate to admit it... But Magi really went to shit after the Kou Empire Arc.
>>
>>161946151
yeah Aladdin really should've stayed an adorable shota
>>
>>161946151
>>161946300
Faggots
>>
>>161946151
everything post timeskip has been disappointing
>>
In the current arc... I just dont know what the mangaka was thinking.
>>
>>161946300
this
>>
What happened to story right now? I stopped reading somewhere in Solomon flashback thing.
>>
>>161946151
It was always shit, the fuck are you talking about?
>>
>>161946799
Stuff with Simbad and Allibaba.
"SIMBAD IS THE BAD GUY, MORE COMPLICATED STUFF IS HAPPENING. Its getting more complex than it needs to be... I dont know, it just doesn't feel right and people are not liking the final arc"
>>
>>161946799
David and Sinbad doing some crazy metaphysical god battle while Baba, Haku, Ren, and Hakuei tries to stop the whole returning to the rukh thing, with the rest of the brainwashed world trying to stop them. The brainwashing's getting weaker though.
>>
>>161946898
>>161946903

>Sinbad become the villain

Dude whatttttttttttttt
>>
File: 58998862_p12_master1200.jpg (1MB, 752x1077px) Image search: [Google]
58998862_p12_master1200.jpg
1MB, 752x1077px
>>161946799
after that hakuryuu turned evil, got a new boyfriend in judar and they both went to kill gyokuen
gyokuen kissed hakuryuu
they defeated her and then hakuryuu declared civil war on kouen. Alibaba tried talk no jutsu on Hakuryuu but Hakuryuu fucked him off to space. Aladdin fucked Judal off to space in retribution too. Sinbad supported Hakuryuu to fuck with the Kou empire. Kouen surrendered and did talk no jutsu on Hakuryuu, turning him good again. Then Arba/Gyokuen possessed Hakuei. Then on the rift Alibaba and Judal met and travelled together back to the land.

Then timeskip. Sinbad is connected to David and turned into steve jobs. Alibaba arrives and starts fucking around with destiny, so Sin gets mad and attacks the sacred palace to replace Ugo as a god. Ugo elbow drops him, David and Arba, but Sin still manages to win somehow. He changes rukhs setting to "suck my dick", everyone who is not fallen loves him. Alibaba, Aladdin, Judal and Hakuryuu go to stop him. Sin tries to play a 7 boss level but everyone gets bored so they talk things about what to do with destiny and gods and etc. Then David decides he likes his own dick more than Sins and overthrows his king, starts sacrificing everyone to open the path to the upper gods like Sin wanted at the beggining.

We are there. Now heroes are fighting against that magic and Kouen arrived to help.
>>
>>161946151
They should have executed that guy for real.
>>
File: sinbad1.png (347KB, 657x370px) Image search: [Google]
sinbad1.png
347KB, 657x370px
>>161946963
The final boss from the Magi story in all of his glory
>>
>>161946963
Not really.

David is the real antagonistic force here, and Sinbad got his mind turned around by Baba to pause the whole "jumping to the upper plane of existence to usurp destiny" thing.
>>
Yep, basically
>>
So just another case of a story going on longer than it should've and the author losing sight of what made it enjoyable then?
>>
Things wrong with Magi right now:
>no dungeons
>no adventures or travelling
>too much godawful meta fuckery
>Sinbadfiesta
>Aladin no longer a shota
>Fish x Baba never happened
>>
>>161947164
Exactly
>>
Hey, at least Morgiana and Alladin will marry... I guess that's something, right?
>>
FUCK, MORGIANA AND ALIBABA.
Sorry.
>>
>>161946151
>implying it was shit from the beginning
>>
>>161946151
I tried reading it twice, but I couldn't get past the first few chapters (which I find helplessly boring despite liking the anime quite a lot).

I still had intentions of reading it until I became aware that Kougyoku lost, so now I guess I'll only keep up with this series if another anime comes up.
>>
>>161946151
>Magi really went to shit
First issue depicts a fag with a fucking flute protruding from his crotch.
This shit has never stopped being shit from the first publication.
>>
>>161946151
I wouldn't be that harsh, and merchant baba arc was genuinely good and fresh, but, yeah, after that the qualities of this manga decreased and the flaws increased, a lot.
Ironically enough, it has been the opposite for Adventure of Sinbad, and now I prefer the current AoS over the current magi by far, months ago I would have laugh if someone would have told me that was the future of this series.
>>
>>161947176
>no dungeons
>no adventures or travelling
Yeah, no, that was when magi was nothing more than generic crap, only few shonentards miss that.
>>
>>161947176
>Fish x Baba never happened
I'M STILL MAD
>>
>>161946151
Eh, I think it's been improving ever since the focus shifted from Sinbad. But yeah, it definitely isn't nearly as good as it used to be; especially compared to three years ago. Still, I enjoy it, but Alibaba is pretty much the only reason I've stuck around this long.
>>
it started turning to shit during the shlomo harrypotterstein arc

the alma toran backstory was legitimately one of the worst arcs l've ever seen all shonen manga included
>>
>>161949766
>Generic crap
Because hamfisted politics and villains one upping each other five times in a row in a convoluted metaphysical combat is so much better.

Magi had good characters, fresh setting and solid execution; a great shonen series.
The very moment the author decided she's too good to write "generic crap" was the moment it all went down the drain.
>>
>>161949926
And I'm still laughing
>>
>>161946151
Magi went to shit because the author tease so many good idea and then not using them at all
> make alibaba choose side then just kill him off and make him irrevelent for the Sinbad vs Kouen
> Sinbad vs Kouen didn't happend
>All the fight that could happend in the Civil War didn't happend
>Alibaba vs other King Vessel didn't even happend at all
It's like Ohtaka don't like to write fight scences between importance characters any more
And worst of all
>NO FISH X BABA
At least let the political marrige happend, damn it
>>
>>161946151
EXTREME MAGICS was the lowest low, it consistently gets better now, but i don't think it will ever reach what it had at the start.
At least we get some crispy David memes out of it.
>>
Hogwarts was the beginning of the fall. Magi is the definition of "peaked too early"
>>
>>161946151
Went to shit around chapter 200
>>
Morgana got written out, huh
Thread posts: 36
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.