[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Manga Creator Says He Receives No Profit From Anime

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 3

File: 81086+yPf7L._SL1414_.jpg (282KB, 1000x1414px) Image search: [Google]
81086+yPf7L._SL1414_.jpg
282KB, 1000x1414px
>The Disastrous Life of Saiki K. Manga Creator Says He Receives No Profit From Anime
>He (The Disastrous Life of Saiki K. manga creator Shūichi Asō) said that the anime did help to sell more copies of his manga, but he has not received "even one yen" in royalties from sales of home videos, video games, and other goods.
http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/interest/2017-09-04/the-disastrous-life-of-saiki-k-manga-creator-says-he-receives-no-profit-from-anime/.120837

I always thought they received money for manga and game adaptations, maybe not a lot but at least some.
Is this common or is this case an exception?
Are there any other cases?
Making him delete the tweet makes them look even worse.
>>
http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/interest/2017-09-05/the-disastrous-life-of-saiki-k-manga-creator-says-his-royalties-may-come-after-all/.120961
>Regarding yesterday's Tweet, the person in charge said, "You're getting [royalties] for sure," so I deleted it. I guess it being this late is relatively rare, but it seems like it's not a case of not getting the [royalties]. But it's scary how there's no explanation....
What did they mean by this?
>>
Got ripped off by his publisher in the agreement probably.
>>
>>161933293
Normally he would get them, looks like he is a pushover.
>>
>>161933348
i hadn't seen this yet.
i guess they only informed him after he said that on twitter. they were kind of dicks.
>>
If he had zero involvement with the anime's production as he said, that's not uncommon in Japan. It's also not uncommon for lesser authors to have no idea about what their contract says, because the publisher has all of the leverage and can pressure them to sign anything. Suing them is an option, but a most dishonoraburu one.
>>
>>161933348
bad communication between author and publisher
>>
File: 1494656306200.png (306KB, 641x490px) Image search: [Google]
1494656306200.png
306KB, 641x490px
>>161933293
Somehow I'm not shocked by this reveal.
>>
>>161933293
Was it even sell ?
>>
>>161933533
that's a really shitty thing to do to an author.

>Asō replied that such an action would make him appear troublesome as a creator, and people involved with the anime's production might say something along the lines of "Ugh, this guy won't shut up about the money, the money...."
i bet him thinking this is not unfounded.
what the fuck japan?
>>
>>161933640
it doesn't matter, he should receive money before the they sell anything because they are using his content. licensing fees, ip rights, etc.
that's how it works everywhere else
>>
File: 1374434873317.jpg (99KB, 800x680px) Image search: [Google]
1374434873317.jpg
99KB, 800x680px
>>161933293
>To tell the naked truth, regardless of how many people watch the film or how much the gross earnings are, not a single yen goes to the author. We are only paid an upfront license fee. The amount we’re paid is peanuts in comparison to the overall box office gross. The majority of the profits go to filthy unscrupulous companies such as Shueisha and Sunrise. Releasing individual manga volumes is way more profitable.
>http://www.crunchyroll.com/anime-news/2016/11/26-1/gintama-creator-comments-on-how-much-manga-authors-make-from-anime-adaptations
>>
>>161933293
http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/interest/2017-09-05/the-disastrous-life-of-saiki-k-manga-creator-says-his-royalties-may-come-after-all/.120961
>Regarding yesterday's Tweet, the person in charge said, "You're getting [royalties] for sure," so I deleted it. I guess it being this late is relatively rare, but it seems like it's not a case of not getting the [royalties]. But it's scary how there's no explanation...
>>
>>161933768
>>161933348
its a short thread read it before posting the same exact thing

>>161933730
that sucks but at least he got paid and that is how licensing fees work. he should prob also have a clause something like: if it foes obver x ammount of profit then you receive 1% of royalties from that point on.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.