[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>his favorite studio's anime isn't nominated to Oscar

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 8

File: CloOZrkWMAIC-P4.jpg (64KB, 1024x576px) Image search: [Google]
CloOZrkWMAIC-P4.jpg
64KB, 1024x576px
>his favorite studio's anime isn't nominated to Oscar
>>
>The biggest snub for me was Chris Miller and Phil Lord not getting in for [The] Lego [Movie]. When a movie is that successful and culturally hits all the right chords and does that kind of box-office — for that movie not to be in over these two obscure freakin’ Chinese fuckin’ things that nobody ever freakin’ saw? That is my biggest bitch. Most people didn’t even know what they were! How does that happen? That, to me, is the most ridiculous thing I’ve ever seen.
>>
>>161913952
Every single film nomination given to 2D and 3D animated movies in the US is a sham, none of them are actually judged on their merits at any point during the selection process, the judges don't watch them unless it's "with their kids", because they will never EVER shake the stigma that cartoons and 3DCG stuff is kiddy stuff.

They literally give out nominations like candy.
>>
>>161913915
I don't give a shit about rewards.
>>
File: 1492666602991.png (78KB, 282x300px) Image search: [Google]
1492666602991.png
78KB, 282x300px
>nominating random foreign shit to virtue signal about how progressive the oscars have gotten over the years
How do you keep falling for it?
>>
>>161914028
i don't
every year around the same time, the news outlets I follow all start making a big fuss about "oscar parties" and "oscar predictions", and who carried themselves well during oscar speeches.
Who does this shit? Who even gives a fuck? It's stuff like this that makes me realize I am absolutely NOT in the same social demographic as these authors.
>>
File: 1463926870408.jpg (53KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
1463926870408.jpg
53KB, 1280x720px
>>161913915
>Allowing Hollywood kikes to decide about the quality of japanese animation
>>
>>161914090
It's not like it has even the remotest chance of winning anyway. Coco is going to win because it's the newest Pixar movie.
>>
File: shrug.jpg (89KB, 648x800px) Image search: [Google]
shrug.jpg
89KB, 648x800px
All jokes aside if you think quality has anything to do with those types of rewards I feel bad for you.
>>
>>161913915
>implying they ever deliver
>implying they won't pick the latest Disney/Pixar/Dreamworks movie and call it a day
Come on, anon. You ought to know better.
>>
>>161914138
Pixar is only marginally less shit than Dreamworks and Sony and the only watchable thing they ever did was The Incredibles.
Yet they have Oscar plot armor for some reason.
>>
>>161914207
because they're disney
>>
>oscar voting body is made of 5000 people and they're all industry people with a median age of 63
>voting is not open to the public

Wow it's fucking nothing.
>>
>>161913915
Congratulations for sharing the same taste as old men who have never watched an 'anime' before. Superior position you have there.
>>
>>161914284
Even if it was I doubt there would be much difference. You americans have been trained so nicely that even if you were given rights to vote (or if you made another, similar award thingy), the results would still be pretty similar.
"All animated stuff is for children, therefore we must look at movies aimed at children that have more depth than the saturday morning stuff". Kimi no na wa and the SAO movie could pull a lot of votes because of how well they resonate with normalfags, but you just know that the winner is going to be western.
>>
>>161913915
It isn't nominated though. It's been submitted for nomination so it's eligible for nomination.
>>
>>161914416
Don't movies have to get a widespread release in order to get a chance at nomination?
Otherwise you could just nominate some shitty art film nobody saw.
>>
>>161914442
I heard that Koe no Katachi (or Kimi no na wa, I don't really follow the Academy Awards) got screened prematurely at a cinema in the west just so it could have a shot at getting nominated. I don't think that it needs to be shown everywhere for a nomination.
>>
>>161914477
Was this just for free publicity?
Or did they really hope they would just throw some awards at a foreign movie that wasn't formally released outside of 1 theater?
>>
>>161913915
>he watchs american death note
>>
File: heh.png (362KB, 523x592px) Image search: [Google]
heh.png
362KB, 523x592px
>his favorite anime was nominated for an oscar
>>
>>161913915
>hollywood judging muh nip show

no thanks
>>
They should just nominate Macross DYRL every single year and just hand it the Oscar for best animated feature. It shouldnt just win once, but every single year until the end of time.
>>
>Its another "Weebs get assblasted once again that his taiwanese motion picture lost against a fucking western movie" episode.

You people never learn
>>
File: eva some kind of reaction.png (166KB, 403x282px) Image search: [Google]
eva some kind of reaction.png
166KB, 403x282px
>>161914826
You're not on /tv/, bro.
>>
>>161914510
Not that anon, but they did release it in east Asia and SEA. The English cinema releases tend to be a couple of months later than their Japanese counterparts.
>>
>>161914069
Boomers. The only reason young normalfags give a fuck about the oscars is for reaction images and memes. The majority of it is just Hollywood sucking their own dick off and virtue signaling while wasting million upon millions of dollars on a show about how big their dick is.
>>
>>161913915
Fem!Italy!
>>
File: AquaSmug03.jpg (215KB, 759x821px) Image search: [Google]
AquaSmug03.jpg
215KB, 759x821px
>Having a favorite studio.
Weeb shit mate.
>>
>>161916994
>Hollywood sucking their own dick off
I think you mean jews giving other jews awards for being jewish.
>>
>>161913915
You know KnK isn't even nominated right? It's just qualified as was KnNw last year and SAO movie this year.
>>
>>161914284
Absolute pure shit. Even a bunch of corrupted idiotic fucks is better than letting the pleb to express their opinions.
Thread posts: 32
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.