[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Was he autistic?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 2

File: 1502386493710.jpg (61KB, 854x480px) Image search: [Google]
1502386493710.jpg
61KB, 854x480px
Was he autistic?
>>
No. I'd say the opposite. Kino is free spirited. Hermes talking isn't a mere delusion either
>>
>he
>>
>>161911544
boku*
>>
Kino's a calm person that's seen some shit and experienced a lot for her age.
>>
>>161911626
We get it. She was raped.
>>
I am gonna be honest. After having seen the first 7 episodes I dont get 2 things.
a) why is this even being compared to Mushishi when the slaver EP for example sells you a signficantly more violent theme and athmosphere than any Mushishi episodes ever did and
b) why is this being praised so much? This is particularly weird to me since the art is lackluster, the audio design very often mediocre and, again, after the first 7 episodes I also have a hard time seeing the exceptional nature of the writing.

I mean, I know that MAL ratings are off, but considering how much people suck this shows dick I expected a mindblowing experience. As of right now I simply dont see it.
>>
>>161911861
>Mushishi
Because people like to compare anime on very flimsy, surface-level criteria. They're the kind of people that will say "You like Precure? Then you will also like Madoka and Princess Tutu, because they are also mahou shoujo series."

>Why is it praised
Honestly, if you didn't enjoy the slaver episode, you're probably not going to enjoy the rest of it.
The writing is not especially good, but the whole episodic, philosophic what-if is pretty rare for anime, and even if you consider western TV.
But if we do consider western TV, the most similar series that come to my mind are The Twilight Zone and Black Mirror. Even if you enjoy them more than Kino, I think you'd agree that at the very least, not every episode is a home run.
But it's still an interesting watch, because it's relatively unique.
>>
>>161911581
Makes sense.
>>
>>161911945
>if you didn't enjoy the slaver episode
Its not like I didnt enjoy it, but rather that it stuck the most. Even though the twist being predictable, it still was a nice touch. Although I kinda disliked the conclusion to the stand-off. Like they said themselves: it was pure luck. Felt a bit cheap.

>But it's still an interesting watch, because it's relatively unique.
Definitely.
>>
>>161911861
Kino has always been loved by a niche group. It's certainly not mindblowing, but it's beloved. You had the wrong expectations anon.
>>
>>161911114
Would you recc boipucci's anime?
>>
>>161912029
I wouldn't recc you anything. I'm sure you can find someone on reddit or youtube to tell you.
>>
>>161911581
Words That Kill
>>
>>161911581
>Not using ore-sama
>>
File: 1431935139579.jpg (108KB, 550x650px) Image search: [Google]
1431935139579.jpg
108KB, 550x650px
I want to hug this cute boy (female).
>>
>>161911581
*bokukko
>>
>>161911987

> It was pure luck, it felt kind of cheap

I think that's just kind of the way the show conveys the world to us, Kino's journey is meant to basically tell it like it is, even if that kind of honesty doesn't always make the viewer happy, the show gives you the facts, and you ((and Kino)) just have to observe and accept, just like how Kino accepts even the most garbage of towns without attempting to change them or to judge the people there for living that way.

Only exception I think was the gladiator thing, but even then, the rule she introduces is fair and doesn't really change the identity of the town anyway.
>>
boku (female)
>>
>>161914606
It's also why idealists often dislike Kino's Journey.
>>
>>161911114
Yes
Thread posts: 21
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.