[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

is he right is tien the most hated character in dragon ball super

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1

File: tien.jpg (67KB, 573x1395px) Image search: [Google]
tien.jpg
67KB, 573x1395px
is he right is tien the most hated character in dragon ball super by his creators?
>>
>>161902949
forgot link https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=42HNvl0e26I
>>
>>161902949
Yes. The Yamcha meme is a ruse. Tien is the real buttmonkey.
>>
>>161902949
I wouldn't use the word "hate"... rather ignored, maybe because he isn't a Saiyan, Android, Namekian, Goku's best friend or a joke character like Yamcha and Yajirobe... unfortunately when someone isn't popular and doesn't have much to contribute ends up being harmed by writing and/or ignored, look at Nam... he was a cool character, I think he would have been an interesting z fighter, but after his arc the character had nothing interesting to contribute and wasn't popular.
>>
>>161904549
then why he doesn't just write him out of the story? or maybe make him a change of personality? or just kill him for good? oh right, it's becouse toriyama doesn't know what he's even doing
>>
>>161904549
A big part of his problem is he's version 1 rival. Piccolo replaced him before being replaced by Vegeta but Piccolo had his connections to Gohan and Kami as "ins" for his character, even if its just cute things like him being a good grand father figure.

But Tien has none of that, he's the stoic rival character, when a more popular stoic rival character is around. And there is conceptual ground to work with there, but i doubt that's a route DB will ever really take. Still you could make up some thing to make him stand out, but first the writers would feel the need to put the effort into doing that, and right now he's locked in the "he's not popular so the writers don't want to spend time on an unpopular character, so he stays unpopular so the writers keep not doing anything with him..." ect.
>>
>>161902949
I kinda like what TFS did with him.
>>
>>161905233
though bait, I don't think anyone who has seen Tien in it dislikes what they did with him.

He's the most savage being alive.
>>
>>161902949
I don't think Toriyama hates any of his characters, he just grows apathetic of many of them overtime. And since Tien's original role has been filled by Piccolo and Vegeta for the last decade or two No one at Toei probably gives much of a fuck either. There's just no one to stand up for him. It's kind of sad really.
>>
people will forever remember Tien kikohoing cell for 30 minutes.

What does yamcha have other than a crater in the ground?
>>
>>161905384
I wasnt baiting, i have to give credit where it is appropiate. I hate what they did with Yajirobe, for example, but Tien is great. In the series i always saw him as "that one weak serious dude who does nothing" and here he is a character not only enjoy but i also eagerly wait to see talk and interact, with Vegeta and Cell mostly.
>>
I've always felt that Tien's thing should have been that he was the best martial artist technically speaking.
Not the strongest, but a true "grand master" type who mastered various styles and can defeat opponents a lot stronger than him simple by being that fuckin' good.

Would have been nice to see him actually defeat someone without getting taken out.
Honestly, he should have fought that blind furry guy.
>>
>>161905489
>I hate what they did with Yajirobe
Are you kidding? I thought it's been pretty funny.
I mean, he and Korrin spend ALL their time together, and probably will for the rest of their lives.
That's perfect for homosexual subtext.
>>
>>161905594
I just dont find homosexual furry subtext funny.
>>
>>161905552
>I've always felt that Tien's thing should have been that he was the best martial artist technically speaking.
Which would still have made him useless in Dragon Ball since techniques mean shit if you can't out-ki your opponent. I had a moment when I saw that despite being weaker than Cell, the Kikoho was able to stun him, and multiple people use the Solar Flare. But that's where Tien's techniques stop being useful.

Switch that over to martial arts prowess and all you'll get is his hands getting stuck in Buu before he's turned into a Jolly Rancher and eaten. Toriyama doesn't know how to write fights once you ask him to focus solely on physical blows. You get people hitting each other from a neutral stance and lots of double hand hammer slams into the ground.
inb4 that one image of Vegeta vs Rekoom
>>
>>161905730
double hand hammer slams are the creator's way of saying "I actually know nothing of physical combat"
>>
>>161905952
It's a fucking pro wrestling move called the double axe handle. You'd break your fingers if you tried to seriously strike someone with your hands like that.
>>
>>161905730
I don't think being realistic is needed for good fight scenes. Yeah not can get on the nerves of those who know better, but that's not most people. Good pacing, flow and composition is more impotent.
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.