[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Childhood is hating Light as a villain, adulthood is worshiping

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 81
Thread images: 6

File: 3278748.jpg (45KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
3278748.jpg
45KB, 1024x768px
Childhood is hating Light as a villain, adulthood is worshiping him as a God.
>>
This, but the exact opposite.
>>
>>161837996
opposite
>>
This, but the exact opposite of its opposite.
>>
>>161837996
This would be entirely correct if you were to say the opposite.
>>
Real adulthood is preferring the netflix version.
>>
I still prefer L. I mean he fucking tracked down a murderer with super powers with logic alone. That's pretty amazing.
>>
You niggers are wrong, checkmate yurifags
>>
>>161837996
Friendly reminder that only L arc is legitimate and Near is uncannon
>>
>>161837996
Childhood is watching Death Note, adulthood is realizing that loli harems are superior
>>
>>161837996
childhood is being a fan of death note, adulthood is realising animes and cartoons are for kids.
>>
Childhood is hating Light as a villain
edgy teenage years is worshiping him as a God.
adulthood is realizing the show is mediocre at best
>>
>>161837996
It depends on your political views rather than maturity.
Authoritarians would be okay with Kira and his quick murderous justice as long as he sticks to his set of rules.
Libertarians would be repelled by the lack of fair process and any system of control on Kira's authority.
Unless you're an extremist of either side, in which case you'd jump with joy as long as he's on your side since you don't actually have any values.
>>
>>161837996
>Childhood is hating Light as a villain

Said nobody ever.
>>
>>161837996
Adulthood is relating to him as someone who's intelligent, nihilistic, and with a wicked sense of humor.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ddvlxzE0giY

What about Mikami? Is he right?
>>
>>161837996
>got rekt by some autists
I'm sure the average /a/utist would do more with the deathnote than him
>>
Fascism works. Put the fear of death into everyone on earth and they will fall in line. The transition process will be tumultuous of course but after several years/decades proper human behavior and morality will become second nature.

The only way to achieve world peace is if everyone is on the same page morally, even it that page is Light's.
>>
>>161840376
Preferring L as character and supporting Light's views aren't mutually exclusive. As a character, I liked L better as well. Watching him was far more fun than just Light. The show only gets good right after his introduction in episode 2. But that said, Light was literally doing God's work. He was punishing those that deserved punishment. I support his justice far more than L's justice, which is slow and full of holes, and ultimately something that can never achieve world peace.
>>
File: annoyedpepe.jpg (6KB, 225x225px) Image search: [Google]
annoyedpepe.jpg
6KB, 225x225px
>>161837996
>kills everyone who commits a major crime
>kills innocents (Raye Penber and the other FBI agents)
>by his standards he should now kill himself
he's a hypocrite
>>
>>161840838
I wouldn't say the show is mediocre. What I think is that /a/'s vision of Death Note was tarnished because of all the retarded normalfags who worship it. Not to say that the show is perfect, but it's far from mediocre as It's actually pretty unique.
>>
>>161841830
The show is good as soon as Light is introduced
>>161841893
In his eyes they were terrorists, undermining his authority and halting humanity's progress towards a utopia
>>
>>161841974
So then anybody that could potentially inconvenience him should be killed?
>>
>>161841893
End justify the means and all that. In Light's vision, the creation of his utopia is far more important than the lives of some innocents, as to him, he would save much more innocent people than he would kill in the end.
>>
>>161841991
That's how he sees it
He saw himself as a chaotic good prophet, or lawful good even
>>161842009
They weren't innocent in his eyes at all
>>
>>161842037
Sure, but I'm just saying that he wouldn't hesitate in killing innocent people to achieve his goal. He even entertains the idea of killing his sister when she gets kidnapped by Mello.
>>
>>161842086
>innocent
They are not innocent in his eyes
And yes he'd rather sacrifice his sister than give in to the enemy, that's admirable
It'd be a pathetic to give in to a terrorist's demands just to save a relative, especially if doing so puts the population at large in danger
>>
>>161842181
I'm not going against him, I'm just saying that he would easily sacrifice even people he view as innocent, like his father or sister, to achieve his goal.
>>
>>161842282
I guess, but the alternative is outright criminal
Besides it would have been better for his sister to die rather than live traumatized forever
>>
>>161840344
This. A misunderstood masterpiece that deconstructs the loner genius type.
>>
>>161842345
>muh generic beta nerd
Die in a fire
>>
>>161841991
Well, if their death can further humanity, he would. He saw it fit to sacrifice the few for the many. He didn't care who the few were. So long as they stood in the way of progress, they stood in the way of Light, they were wrong. They were evil. It's how most stories works. Whoever opposes the Hero is a "bad guy".

>>161842282
Well, the alternative is giving up his sister to outlaws, possibly getting caught, making everything he has done be in vain. She was innocent, but she posed a threat. So long as it's a threat, you can even justify it as self defense, though you would really have stretch your imagination for that.
>>
>>161842181
>And yes he'd rather sacrifice his sister than give in to the infidel, that's admirable
Fixed that for you. Doesn't sound quite so admirable now, does it?
>>
>>161842460
It absolutely still does sound admirable
>>
>>161842372
>Falling for bait
>>
Teenagehood is thinking Light was right
Young Adulthood is thinking he was childish
Actual Adulthood is realizing he really was right
>>
Light is a very interesting protagonist exactly because he's a sociopath willing to do everything in his power to achieve his goal. It's good that the show didn't tried to turn him into some sort of mary sue by showing that ''he's actually a nice person on the inside and it pains him to do that!'' like what happened to Lelouch
>>
>>161837996
>worshiping him as a God
>worshipping god
>not being evil
>>
>>161841677
>Put the fear of death into everyone on earth and they will fall in line
that's not what facism is, americuck
>>
>>161843257
This
Kira's goal is an absolute theocracy, not fascism
>>
>>161841677
People already fear that they will be punished by the law if they commit a crime. Just like the law, Light can only punish people for crimes he knows they did. If they get away with it, they're still scott free. It doesn't make a difference, idiots will still commit crimes thinking they will be able to get away with it if they dont get caught.
>>
>>161837996
what would death note have been like if light never killed lind l taylor?
>>
>>161840884
Just saw a thread on /tg/ infected with /pol/acks, so thank you for that last sentence, best thing I read today.
>>
>>161842594
Eh, Lelouch was pretty much introduced as that, he didn't turn into it.
Lelouch and Light are very different people with very different motivations (Lelouch actually had good reasons to do the shit he did, not that it was necessarily right; Light never had any reasons besides hubris and arrogance and believing you're the bestest and smartestest).
>>
>>161841322
Any retard could go undetected for decades with the notebook as long as they actually wanted to stay undetected. Light wanted people to know there was someone killing criminals and that's why he got caught. It's not really about intelligence, it's about hubris.
>>
>>161840884
>Extremist
>That fucking word agwain
Have a quote you mindless ""centrist"" dipshits.

>Observe, in politics, that the term extremism has become a synonym of "evil," regardless of the content of the issue, the evil is not what you are extreme about, but that you are "extreme" - i.e., consistent.
>There are two sides to every issue: one side is right and the other is wrong, but the middle is always evil. The man who is wrong still retains some respect for truth, if only by accepting the responsibility of choice. But the man in the middle is the knave who blanks out the truth in order to pretend that no choice or values exist, who is willing to sit out the course of any battle, willing to cash in on the blood of the innocent or to crawl on his belly to the guilty, who dispenses justice by condemning both the robber and the robbed to jail, who solves conflicts by ordering the thinker and the fool to meet each other halfway. In any compromise between food and poison, it is only death that can win. In any compromise between good and evil, it is only evil that can profit
-Ayn Rand
>>
>>161837996
>Childhood is
shitposting with /tv/ memes
>>
>>161844210
>People already fear that they will be punished by the law if they commit a crime.

No they don't otherwise you wouldn't see 12 million illegals in America.
>>
>>161840730
This
>>
>>161849268
They know the law exists, but they do it anyway because they can get away with it.
Light doesn't stop people getting away with crimes, he only punishes those who get caught.
>>
>>161844978
L would find another way to bait Light and pinpoint his location.
>>
>>161844978
L throwing up his hands in frustration and concluding that the Christian God has obviously gotten tired of being secretive and hiden and has decided to make his activities more explicit.
>>
File: 1497419987679.jpg (11KB, 225x225px) Image search: [Google]
1497419987679.jpg
11KB, 225x225px
>>161849170
>seriously quoting ayn rand
>>
Did Light do anything wrong?
>>
>>161851495
https://www.gwern.net/Death%20Note%20Anonymity
>>
>>161849530
So what you're saying is that Trump needs to build that wall just like Light is killing criminals?
>>
>>161851251
Ayn Rand>Max Stirner>>>Frederick Nietzsche as far as Egoists go.
Don't get me started spookfag
>>
>>161846914
This. As long as he kills criminals through random means like suicide or drowning or car accident they'll never know he even exists. He killed them all with heart attacks instead, a very conspicuous thing when thousands start dropping dead of the same cause. Naturally you'd suspect something. Instead if he took the time to randomize the cause of death for each criminal. Get creative with the deaths. Let's just say even have criminals in prison rape each other to death. The police would never catch on. He'd get a world free from crime. His god complex was his defeat. In short, Light was a retard with delusions of grandeur that brought him down. If it were anyone else, the world would be totally at peace with no crime and war anymore.
>>
File: 1503298619616.png (38KB, 223x376px) Image search: [Google]
1503298619616.png
38KB, 223x376px
>>161852221
>putting Stirner on the same page as those other losers
Not him but - I think you're missing the point entirely. Rand and Nietzsche are filthy ideologues. While Stirner has practices he endorses his philosophy was more about the method with which to define, dictate and act upon one's individual desires and judgements.
Randian's need to kill themselves and never ever call themselves Egoist again.
>>
Childhood is rooting for Light to win, adulthood is wishing that L caught Light and never died.
>>
>>161844978
Thinking about it, in the current times when every piece of news gets posted on internet in mere seconds, L would not even be able to know that Kira is in Japan, and thus, the Lind L. Taylor experiment would not be possible, as they'd have to broadcast it to the entire world, and even then, it would be posted on the internet, making it kind of meaningless.
>>
>>161853787
Maybe Death Note took place in the early 2000's when the internet and social media aren't as widespread as it is today. The news would still get out, but not as quickly as it would today. So L could've been counting on that delay to determine Kira's general location. Or they can just pull the plug on the internet in specific locations to make sure the broadcast doesn't get out online.
>>
>>161840730
This
>>
>>161837996
Light is retarded. He fell into the trap of creating an alternate identity for himself (Kira), which sealed his fate. His second mistake was not planning for worst case scenarios. He always expected his plans to succeed. If he had remained anonymous and if he had backup plans, then he would've survived.
>>
>>161849530
Wrong
The guy that killed Misa's parents was not in jail, Light analyzed the case and deduced he was guilty, so he killed him
Light never killed anyone by mistake, nor did he make mistakes
It soumds absurd but it's what happened, and because of this his god complex was not misplaced
>>
>>161855705
One example doesn't mean he can catch every criminal who hasn't already been caught. No matter how absurd his character is, he cannot keep up with every loose end of every crime that exists. Because of those limitations, he is unfit to claim he is a god and unfit to use the death note as he does.
>>
>>161855834
Except that example was used to show what he's capable of
You have no reason to believe that case was an outlier
>>
>>161856212
He literally cannot do the same for every single unsolved crime going on in the world.
>>
>>161855494
Yeah even in the end if he simply feigned ignorance and went with N and the others while his system kept working behind him Matsuda probably wouldn't have shot him and he would've at least had a small chance of surviving.

The way I remember it is that the author was pretty sick of Light already at that point though and just wanted to make him lose and to show off his bad side.
>>
File: 1504461346400.jpg (103KB, 1200x488px) Image search: [Google]
1504461346400.jpg
103KB, 1200x488px
>>
>>161856293
The story used that as an example, it was implying he could
>>
>>161852798
Underrated post.
>>
>>161856477
No, it showed he was capable of doing it one time for one case. It doesn't mean shit in the grand scheme of all the crimes that go unnoticed or unsolved.
The story never showed he was capable of catching previously uncaught criminals en masse, which is what would actually matter and be an incredible feat beyond human capabilities.
>>
>>161837996
As a teenager I'd relate to Light, not because I thought he was right or thought of myself as cool but because I lied a lot as a kid to cover my ass and some of those lies went on for years. It was incredibly interesting to see Light squirm out of every kind of situation where they were going to nail him. I wanted him to succeed just to see how far he could go.

Now as an adult when I watch the series I always end up thinking how he would've ended up if he gave up the note earlier and just kept on being a good cop along with L and Misa. Especially after his clever ruse to plant the note on that one businessman.
>>
>>161852474
The patently moronic notion that having an ideology of which you subscribe and closely follow is somehow a bad thing is a nihilist notion both you and Stirner get from Immanuel Kant.
Max Stirner is better mental exercise than most but he can be discarded by the identification of what he was; a Egoist of a nihilist, anarchist persuasion.
Ayn Rand dismantles nihilism (through Immanuel Kant) in "Philosophy: Who Needs It" and anarchism (in favor of minarchism) in "Capitalism The Unknown Ideal".

One only need the read "The Ego and his Own" afterwards to indetify what Stirner actually is: a meme. There is a reason why /lit/ and leftpol like le spookman so much.
>>
>>161858773
Ayn Rand is more of a meme than Stirner though tb.h
>>
>>161849170
> if you think both sides' opinions have values and yet don't choose any sides, then you're filthy scum

no wonder everyone thinks Rand is a fucking retard
>>
>>161859351
Through notoriety and infamy, maybe.
>>
>>161859544
You just committed an intellectual out that Ayn knows you would. In her novels she predicts this very thing; she is specifically NOT saying that their is somehow something wrong with being cognizant of all sides of the debate and their perspectivs. She is describing (in effect) that centrism does not deserve it's -ism appended to it.
It is an example of what she called the "anti-concept".
>>
Childhood is liking/watching Death Note
>>
>>161842460
>Giving the enemy a magic book
He should have killed her.
Thread posts: 81
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.