[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Does anybody get their manga from a library?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

File: Lilly-Manga21.jpg (104KB, 600x360px) Image search: [Google]
Lilly-Manga21.jpg
104KB, 600x360px
Does anybody get their manga from a library?
>>
They only have normie trash since nothing else gets translated, let alone end up in a library. To top it off Viz translations just down-right suck and they omit color pages so I just end up reading internet scans instead
>>
>>161831720
Nah, the shitty sjw managed to drive away any media from japan.
>>
Read some from the school library in highschool.
Decent selection actually.
Perfect Girl Evolution, all of Rorouni Kenshin, some FMA, Escaflowne, and some other shit.
>>
I'd rather read scans than tiny format print manga.
>>
>>161831942
>normie
>nothing else gets translated
Fuck off back to /r9k/, you casual newfag.
>>
>>161831942
What Viz releases are you reading? They have better translations than the alternatives for the most part and retain color pages.
>>
>>161832594
Simply untrue in its entirety.

>>161832581
normie
>>
>>161831720
Yeah, reading manga at the library is how I got into the medium. That and buying Monthly Shonen Jump back when that was a thing. Shifted over to reading online or DLing scans because of the sheer number of series that don't get serialized over in my country. Unfortunately after years of reading online scans I have found that regular volumes just look smaller than they used too. And 2 page spreads suffer from having the actual binding in the way.
>>
>>161831720
The wealthy suburban libraries had all kinds of manga when I was a kid. I read so much back then. I have to settle for scans now or actually buying shit, there's nothing out in the rural shithole where I study in college.
>>
>>161831720
Got into reading manga through shonen jump and reading at the library early 2000's not so much now considering libraries keep most manga in the kids and teens section and both areas are smoshpits of unobserved public day care. That's how I got into reading physical manga at bookstores since they're usually up to date on releases and the books aren't abused to shit because someone ripped out a page of anime tiddies for the billionth time. Besides all that I'll just keep up with translations online. Also. OP how did you steal all of those without paying a shitload? Most libraries charge a lost fee for items that can't be returned
>>
>>161834845
The sad fact of the matter is that you can just walk out of most libraries with anything that isn't media. So one sociopath can devastate a library.To me, the most astonishing this is that this doesn't automatically happen everywhere. Maybe there is some hope for society.
>>
>>161834845
>>161835560
that is a picture of the library shelf, who the fuck is gonna steal marked up library manga with nasty shit stuck on the spine, impossible to remove laminated plastic cover shit as well
>>
>>161831942
>defending scans

disgusting
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.