[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How did Togashi get away with ripping of Cell this blatantly?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 6

File: Mereum.png (106KB, 185x409px) Image search: [Google]
Mereum.png
106KB, 185x409px
How did Togashi get away with ripping of Cell this blatantly?
>>
>>161825349
Because DBZ is shit and everyone that likes it is a tasteless fag.
>>
>>161825349
He didn't look as obvious in the manga. His proportions were a little different and his colors weren't a daily dose.
>>
Ah that's the secret, my son. Togashi gets away with anything
>>
>>161825349
Because Meruem > Cell and see >>161825497
>>
>>161825497
>*tips fedora
>>
>>161825349
Because HxH>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Anything to do with DB and Meruem>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Any villain in DB
>>
File: IMG_3397.jpg (26KB, 505x291px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3397.jpg
26KB, 505x291px
>HxHfags get mad this easily
>>
>>161831498
Where are people mad?
>>
>>161827693
>Meruem > Cell
ahahahahahahahahah!

he died form a fucking Nuke meanwhile cell tanks them like they're nothing and blew himself up and STILL managed to survive that

Meruem is a pussy and a faggot, Serves the little shit right for what he did to his mother
>>
>>161825349
Togashi was the first person to rip off Dragon Ball, and he's the best at it.
>>
>>161832253
See>>161825497
And>>161829669
>>
>>161832785
Truth=being mad?
>>
>>161832349
>I'm a worthless faggot who judges characters on their power level
So DB is the best shonen because it has the most absurd power creep? Nice logic
>>
I am reding HxH and I am the start of chimera ant
When it gets good?
>>
>Meruem rips his arm off because he lost a board game to an autistic blind girl
>Cell blows himself up to kill the main character and a god and doesn't even die

>Meruem needs his siblings to babysit him
>Cell hunts his siblings down and eats them alive
>>
>>161833258
>I'm an autist who thinks meaningless death in a series is a good thing
>I actually watch DB Super unironically
kys
>>
>>161833361
Are you excited for next week's chapter of Hunter x Hunter?
>>
>>161832889
>So DB is the best shonen because it has the most absurd power creep?
Not him, but it is the best shonen because it has the best fights and it's all around a fun and creative ride. It certainly beats Togashi's attempt at a terrible novel with some doodles in it and his farcical high-school level explorations of nihilism and hypocritical misanthropy.
>>
>>161833416
Yeah looking forward to it. Also it is returning later this year so only a small hiatus
>>
Meruem goes through character development and has a top tier loli waifu, for that alone he is better than cell.
>>
>>161833660
Yeah, those fights that are 90% staring or talking shit (in a child friendly way) sure are great. Also, HxH has an actual battle system that makes sense, not just throwing energy at each other until the weaker one dies.

>hypocritical misanthropy.
In what way is it hypocritical?
>>
>>161833959
Read the manga
>>
>>161834044
Is that a response to me saying the fights are bad in DB? Because I find manga fights even less interesting even without filler. Or is this where the "hypocritical misanthropy" is in HxH- cos I'm not gonna go back and read that shit just to find problems.
>>
>>161833959
Read the manga newfag. I wouldn't recommend the DB(Z) anime to anyone, but as a manga artist, Toriyama is so far ahead of Togashit that it's ludicrous to even compare them.

>In what way is it hypocritical?
Because every misanthrope is a hypocrite, and also because Togashi's understanding of human evil is on the level of an edgy teenager. It's not even worth exploring.
>>
>>161834467
> I wouldn't recommend the DB(Z) anime to anyone, but as a manga artist, Toriyama is so far ahead of Togashit that it's ludicrous to even compare them.
But as a storyteller, Togashi is vastly superior to Toiyama, who is probably one of the weakest writers in the industry, hence why DBZ is just the same shit over and over. And why would I read the manga? Just for some decent art? I may as well go and find an even better artist.

Togashi may have some slightly lacking art, but the story is better, and the show was animated by Madhouse and looks much better than any animated part of DB. There is nothing compelling in Dragon Ball for anyone over the age of 12.

>Because every misanthrope is a hypocrite
Nope.
>>
I would buy any Toriyama cover over anything from Hiatusman.
>>
File: 1453299057268.webm (3MB, 512x384px) Image search: [Google]
1453299057268.webm
3MB, 512x384px
>>161825497
Take that back.
>>
>>161834592
>But as a storyteller, Togashi is vastly superior to Toiyama
Are you new or something? Manga is a sequential art storytelling medium. That means the visual storytelling and artistic skill is every bit as important as the plot, and Toriyama happens to be a GOAT tier artist while Togashi is mediocre at best.

>who is probably one of the weakest writers in the industry
This is nothing more than your subjective (and wrong) opinion. Nothing in HxH is as tightly written and exciting as the saiyajin and freeza story-arcs for starters.

>Togashi may have some slightly lacking art
That's the understatement of the century.

>and the show was animated by Madhouse and looks much better than any animated part of DB.
The show looks like crap, and although it's better animated than any DB anime, that has no bearing in the on the source medium, which is what we are discussing.

>Nope.
Not an argument.
>>
>>161834966
>Are you new or something? Manga is a sequential art storytelling medium. That means the visual storytelling and artistic skill is every bit as important as the plot, and Toriyama happens to be a GOAT tier artist while Togashi is mediocre at best.
And whilst he is a good artist, his ability to tell a compelling story is severely lacking due to his reluctance to plan ahead.
>This is nothing more than your subjective (and wrong) opinion.
Subjective and wrong? Ok lol, now who is being the hypocrite? Anyway, most people in the anime community would agree that Togashi is the superior writer. It is subjective, sure, but you can't deny his higher critical acclaim.
>That's the understatement of the century.
His art is not THAT bad. But I watched the anime until the last arc of it anyway, so this has barely affected me yet. Wan't to talk about the art of Toei? Seems like a fair trade off, DB has bad anime art whilst HxH has good anime art but bad manga art.
>he show looks like crap, and although it's better animated than any DB anime, that has no bearing in the on the source medium, which is what we are discussing.
Stop being desperate. HxH 2011 is one of the best animated long running shonen ever. And since when were we only discussing source material? You were the one who started the "read the manga" bullshit, I've been talking about the anime. Even if we take both into consideration, why does it matter if I talk about HxH 2011? It is a legitimate form of the story is it not?
>Not an argument.
Didn't need to make an argument since you gave no argument yourself on why misanthropy is hypocritical. Don't expect me to bother when clearly you are talking baseless shit.
>>
File: Cv6fErfXYAEyclm.jpg (457KB, 800x1200px) Image search: [Google]
Cv6fErfXYAEyclm.jpg
457KB, 800x1200px
>>161834966
DB is generic shit , in both art and story
>>
>>161835235
Don't even bother, Pedro is clearly angsty that his shitty DB generals basically fucked up generals for everybody on the board.
>>
>>161835235
>Spiky black haired boy who grew up in the woods and fights using janken
Where does Togashi come up with these novel ideas?
>>
File: 1503970347786.jpg (26KB, 367x500px) Image search: [Google]
1503970347786.jpg
26KB, 367x500px
>>161825497
>>
People who like DBZ are people of color
>>
>>161835612
I'm white hispanic and I like DBZ.
>>
>>161835557
All shonen borrow from DB. Most of them also happen to improve it.
>>161835670
>""white"" hispanic
>>
>>161835235
you have to be atleast 18 to post here.
Thread posts: 38
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.