[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Huh?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 3

File: 1500836101932.jpg (308KB, 1872x1090px) Image search: [Google]
1500836101932.jpg
308KB, 1872x1090px
Why does anime look like shit now?
>>
>>161771051
Maybe because there's a lot more coming out now than ever before. Instead of having a fantastic movie or ova come out every so often, we have a constant stream of about 30 tv shows every single season.
>>
>>161771051
>muh skin tones
kabaneri had 3-4 skin tones on all the characters and it looked bad
>>
>>161771607
>we have a constant stream of about 30 tv shows every single season.
That number keeps growing. The number of shows produced is a relatively constant upward trend, with the only notable drop being after the 2008 financial crisis. It's great, and it's too bad nostalgiafags are incapable of divorcing themselves from their intense hard on for that thing they watched when they were first getting into anime.
>>
>>161771607
90% of them are shit though.
>>
>>161772165
That is not different from any other time period.
>>
>>161772186
Early-mid 2000s was nicer. I genuinely believe anime is driving itself more into a niche.
>>
>>161772241
>the ugliest era in anime's history was so much better
lol. Nigga have you even gone through and looked at all the garbage that came out in that timeframe? 90% of every season is trash, every time.
>>
>>161772335
I wasn't talking about visuals. I prefer the quality nowadays over the 2000s, which I agree were the ugliest. Just imagine seeing something like hajimete no gyaru or eromanga sensei in 2005. This is what I'm talking about when I say driving a niche.
>>
>>161772510
Are you trying to claim that 2000's anime wasn't also full of low-effort ecchi and otakubait? The majority of Xebec's output is that era. How about all the garbage Shinbo made for J.C. Staff, even before he joined SHAFT and started making shit like Nanoha?
>>
It doesn't matter what happens. My waifu could come to life and blow me. And i'd still find something to complain about.
>>
File: dead.jpg (200KB, 1000x1656px) Image search: [Google]
dead.jpg
200KB, 1000x1656px
>>1617710
Shading and toning are too expensive since the producers just want to make cheap series and keep all the money.
>>
>>161771051
Old anime looks like trash. Get over your nostalgia.
>>
>>161772836
This is an equally bad opinion. There's good and bad stuff in every era, it has more to do with the individuals making it and how well they understand how to use their tools.
>>
File: 1503982243400.gif (120KB, 500x281px) Image search: [Google]
1503982243400.gif
120KB, 500x281px
>haha yea why does old anime, that was mostly OVAs that were sold at ridiuclous box prices, have more artistic detail than your average tv show of 2017, i dont understand this how does money work and what is a saturated market someone please HALP :EEE
Ever taken a look at tv show from 80 or 90s? No? They look just as shit on average as anything that came afterwards. See NGE being a production quality nightmare. Best part is that many of the OVAs didnt even look particularly good.
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.