[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is there any genre in anime that has absolutely no good titles

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 5

Is there any genre in anime that has absolutely no good titles in it? I honestly can't think of any.
Harem - Monogatari, Urusei Yatsura
Hentai - One Thousand and One Arabian Nights, Belladonna of Sadness
Battle Shounen - Fullmetal Alchemist
Ecchi - Cutey Honey, Woman Called Fujiko Mine
Isekai - Visions of Escaflowne, Now and Then
Yuri - Revolutionary Girl Utena, Yokohama Kaidashi Kikou
Yaoir - Gankutsuou, Yuri on Ice
>>
Horror only has "so bad it's good titles" like Mayoiga or Another.
Is Yuri on Ice actually good or do people just like it for the gay?
I've never seen any discussion regarding the events of the show.
>>
>>161769566
Most of those are adaptations, if we go purely original there are many genres lacking even a single good entry.
>>
>>161769638
I don't care for gay either way and I'd say it's good.

With horror we've got Mononoke, Perfect Blue and Berserk.
>>161769645
There are about half and half adaptations and originals on that list, so you're pulling that our of your ass desu.
>>
>>161769778
>>With horror we've got Mononoke, Perfect Blue and Berserk.
And none of them actually work as horror. Its the one genre that simply doesnt work in cartoon form.

>>161769645
Irrelevant since the industry shifted towards adapting novels and manga. There is no incentive to create original works if there is an abundance of material to choose from. Its unsafe, requires too much effort and the probability that youll come up with something more original than your average adaptation is low.
>>
>>161770069
>And none of them actually work as horror. Its the one genre that simply doesnt work in cartoon form.
Berserk, End of Evangelion and Perfect Blue defenitely did. I agree that Mononoke is just a great show but not a great horror, though.
>>
>>161769566
Monogatari isn't a harem
>>
>>161771515
Please, let's not be a autistic about definitions.
>>
File: 1503948104329.jpg (8KB, 480x270px) Image search: [Google]
1503948104329.jpg
8KB, 480x270px
>Yaoir - Gankutsuou
what

what
>>
>>161770069
>And none of them actually work as horror. Its the one genre that simply doesnt work in cartoon form.
this statement is so retarded that I know for a fact I've seen you post it before. Hi anon.
>>
>>161770069
Horror has Shinsekai no Yori
>>
I mean yes. Its all about the execution and no genre is just bad in general.
>>
>>161771638
Yes. That episode where they are trying to escape the ogre by boat and getting hunted down had the perfect horror atmosphere, felt genuinely scared. Most if the show isn't like that though.
>>
>>161771515
ahahahahaAHAHAHAA

The only show out of the entire series that I'd hesitate to call a harem is Bake.
>>
>>161769566
Monogatari and UY aren't harems. Go watch a VN adaptation to find out what a harem is. Also hentai and ecchi are barely even genres. Also Utena is not a yuri show. Also Gankutsuou is 0% yaoi. Good bait post.
>>
>>161771912
>Monogatari and UY aren't harems.
I guess, Araragi has all these interractions with middle-aged buisiness men, not girls.
>hentai and ecchi are barely even genres
Let's not be autistic about what a genre is. It's a classification people put on certain shows because of elements that are part of it and its focus. For all intents and purposes it's a genre.
>Also Gankutsuou is 0% yaoi
Watch it again.

>Good bait post
The fact that you even considered this might be a bait post proves you've got severe autism. You've put very specific, arbitrary restrictions on definitions of very loose, art-related categories. That's not something a socially functioning human would do. Sorry.
>>
File: ikuhara.png (432KB, 639x462px) Image search: [Google]
ikuhara.png
432KB, 639x462px
>>161772497
I'm gonna help you out by continuing to bump your thread.
>>
>>161772628
best boy
>>
>battle shonen
Not a genre, FMA isn't really the best adventure series either
>>
>>161769566
>I honestly can't think of any.
>Battle Shounen - Fullmetal Alchemist
>>
File: 1497825589644.gif (3MB, 445x247px) Image search: [Google]
1497825589644.gif
3MB, 445x247px
>Harem - Monogatari
>Good
>Harem
>Battle Shounen - Fullmetal Alchemist
>Battle Shounen
>>
>tropes are genres
>visions over regular escaflowne
>Fujiko Mine not complete trash
>>
epic thread shitter
>>
>>161770315
They are not scary. Having gore or being somewhat disturbing doesn't make it horror.
>>
>>161773260
In that case horrors don't exist. I'm not a baby and I was never scarred by a film.
Thread posts: 25
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.