[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Anyone else miss when shows were frequently 50+ episodes? Almost

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 3

File: 38d.gif (239KB, 500x419px) Image search: [Google]
38d.gif
239KB, 500x419px
Anyone else miss when shows were frequently 50+ episodes?

Almost every new anime is only 1 cour, it's not enough to connect with and care about the cast, only 10 anime airing in the past 2 years have been somewhat memorable
>>
No, I can barely keep my attention with 1 cour and most anime don't have a great story worth telling over 50 episodes.
>>
>>161766474
Fuck no. Most of those episodes were filler tier bullshit with bad and rushed animation that had no real bearing on the core of the plot. 24 episodes is more than enough to tell a story and even then many writers drag things out because they don't have enough material.
>>
>>161766474
I don't mind short shows, I just hate it if they only adapt a tiny part of the story.

Might as well not make it, instead of being such a cocktease.
>>
>>161766474
Soul Eater and Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood were tons of fun, true.
>>
>>161766752
>I don't mind short shows, I just hate it if they only adapt a tiny part of the story.
>Might as well not make it, instead of being such a cocktease.
That was the intended purpose from the start. To get you to buy the source material
>>
Long shows are nice when they're adaptations of long-running manga. That way they can cover the entire story instead of cucking us halfway through.

Otherwise, I prefer shorter works.
>>
>>161766854
True, but I always inevitably don't give a shit about the source material. For example, I really liked Spice & Wolf but the novels just didn't have the same atmosphere as the anime.

But then again, I'm also not a nip.
>>
half the shows this season barely have a decent enough story for 1 cour. No need to drag it further
>>
>Anyone else miss when shows were frequently 50+ episodes?

no
making 26 episodes at once is already pushing it
>>
>>161766953
I felt the same about Haikyuu no homo. Without the music the appeal wasnt there
>>
>>161766474
>Anyone else miss when shows were frequently 50+ episodes?
You mean, when you used to watch long-running shounen shit exclusively.
>>
>>161767126
Yeah, I also had the same reaction with Haikyuu. Hopefully the manga accumulates enough chapters and another season gets made because I really want to see the inevitable Karasuno vs Nekoma showdown get animated.
>>
>>161766474
The way I am, if I find a cast that I fall in love with I could easily go on watching for almost endless amounts of cours.

13 episodes for a show that isn't very modest and defined in scope,o that has a large cast is just not enough. I like to take my time to get to know characters, but the kiddies here need something brand new after a few months, for some reason.
>>
File: Sakura4chan.png (402KB, 850x325px) Image search: [Google]
Sakura4chan.png
402KB, 850x325px
>>161766474
I miss 70 episode shows. U think that's a good number to write a compelling complete story without overselling the characters.
>>
>>161766474
To be honest, a lot of modern shows are adaptations of current mangas, like Flying Witch. Not much material to go around with no matter how successful.

That's why I think they should start adapting what hasn't been adapted yet, like they went with Parasyte, everyone loved it. Well, make fucking anime based on Fuuko no Iru Mise, from same mangaka, it's an excellent slice of life.
>>
Long running shows are almost always shows for kids. Shows for kids are still often long running. Nothing changed here except the addition of short run late night shows.
>>
Most shows with 50+ were left unfinished or anime original ending.
I don't really miss it that much, I'm actually fine with a 1-2 cour advertisement for the manga and continuing with that.
But really I'd prefer anime to only happen when there's at least enough material for a few more cours, that way they don't just get dropped because of lack of source material.
>>
>>161766474
They're mostly bad. I think I can count all the good shows of that length on one, maybe two hands. Though, I guess 1 cour are mostly bad as well. If you're gonna have a continuous narrative throughout a show you better have a damn good reason for not just being a movie.
>>
>>161766474
Long running shows generally suffer from more problems than short shows.

Stories that could be told in only a few episodes get dragged out to avoid catching up to the manga.

Catching up to the manga and becoming completely filler.

Budget constraints causing the quality to start dropping.
>>
>>161766506
fpbp
>>
>>161766474
No, look at Soul Eater. They had 51 episodes and still fucked up.
Thread posts: 22
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.