[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

People love to shit on Toei, but their Mazinger anime movie

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 57
Thread images: 7

File: 1200px-Toei_Animation_logo.svg.png (101KB, 1200x900px) Image search: [Google]
1200px-Toei_Animation_logo.svg.png
101KB, 1200x900px
People love to shit on Toei, but their Mazinger anime movie looks pretty good., even with the CG.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8xNOH5QfHQk

Why does the studio get memed on at every opportunity? I just don't get it. They're nowhere as bad as people make them out to be.
>>
>>161765122
Butthurt One Piece and DBZ fags.
>>
Looks good, would watch.
>>
>>161765122
Because most of their current output, tv series-wise, is complete trash. Although if we're talking CG they're one of the best studios around for what that's worth.
>>
>>161765122
Movies are an exception for Toei, most of them are good
>>
Shitting on modern Toei is perfectly reasonable though.
The new Digimon is pretty shitty.
>>
>>161765272
>tv series-wise, is complete trash
I enjoyed Tiger Mask W, but people have to understand that longer TV series mean there will be a lot of filler episodes with poor production values.

I feel this was always the case with Toei, even with past Dragonball series.
>>
>>161765204
Coming to Italian and French Cinemas in October and November.

It's interesting because Toei is releasing the movie in Europe first before the premiere in Japan, which is in January.
>>
>>161765806
Nice stunt but hopefully that wont bite them back in their own market.
>>
>>161765925
Not a chance. The only fans in Japan that really care are probably those that still buy Mazinger chogokins in their 40s and 50s.

Japan is mostly Gundam now, while at least in Europe, you have a fanbase which is still attached to Mazinger.
>>
>>161765766
The last anniversary project for Saint Seiya, Soul of Gold, was only 12 episodes and still looked like shit.
>>
>>161766236
Probably lack of budget. It was supposed to be a spinoff rather than a main series. Its OP still looked nice though.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BFCwHn3ZEgY

Also, Toei's Saint Seiya CG remake might work out given CG is their new forte.
>>
>>161766236
Also, I thought the first Hades OVAs looked excellent all the way through.
>>
>>161765766
>but people have to understand that longer TV series mean there will be a lot of filler episodes with poor production values.
True a shonen will have filler if it runs weekly, but the general production quality from Toei is unacceptable.
Bones, Sunrise and even Pierrot do a much better job with long running series.
Toei also has issues with shorter projects, Sailor Moon Crystal and Digimon Tri.
>>
>>161766443
Lyfia a cute.
>>
>>161766780
Have you ever watched detective Conan?

Toei's problems look no better or worse than any other long running franchise. And Sunrise's gintama is so cheap it makes fun of how cheap it is
>>
>>161767039
Conan is by TMS.
It's not like they are considered a good studio.

Gintama is cheap but still manages to look miles better than the long running shows from Toei.
Please show me another studio that reaches the level of QUALITY Toei has in DBS.
>>
>>161767226
>Please show me another studio that reaches the level of QUALITY Toei has in DBS.
Easy.

Knack.
>>
>>161765122
>Digimon Tri
>Applimon
>Dragonball Super
>Sailor Moon Crystal
>Kado
>World Trigger
>Kyousogiga
>Saint Seiya Omega
Gee, it's almost like they put out hugely disappointing wastes of potential constantly and ruin series people already liked.
>>
>>161765122
Because modern Toei pretty well sucks. Every Toei fan you'll meet is a fan of the Toei Doga days, nothing else.
>>
>>161767712
What about Tiger Mask W?
>>
>>161767226
Ya'll niggas remember Gonzo?
Also Perriot gets pretty shit at times.
>>
>>161767936
It was a fun show, still looked like shit most of the time.
>>
File: Facepalm (1).png (199KB, 424x318px) Image search: [Google]
Facepalm (1).png
199KB, 424x318px
>>161768285
Watched it for the bullet club scene that had nothing to do with the bullet club...
>>
>>161768285
The finale was amazing though.

And the soundtracks

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ppDmF6P3aaA
>>
>>161765122
shonenshit newfags, crying about Sunday morning kid's cartoons quality

>>161765272
>>161766780
>>161767226
Toei have a lower budget, they're annually and outsourced outside Japan. They can throw money at Detective Conan, it's the only TMS remaining show that have good revenue.

>>161767226
Toei shonenshits budget is 100,000 - 150,000, it's lower than any other studios, all of their QUALITY scenes are made by amateur flips, and they're not seasonal, they can produce an episode within nearly a timespan of two weeks, and 250 episodes and 4 - 5 movies anually. Toei have excellent businessmen, they're good for mass-produce, no any other studios can do it, they're the only billionaire, only two other studios became hectomillionaire last year.

A1 studio is much worse, watch QUALITY code, they're made by amateur gooks.
>>
>>161768384
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=poY_kIBUwZk
>>
>>161768424
What do I care about the business efficency of Toei?
Garbage Mobage developers have the highest profit margin for their games, and I still consider them bad developers.
I am a consumer and not a investor. I care about the endproduct and not the profit.

A-1 is just hiring freelancers, the animation quality of them varies strongly.
>>
>>161768628
I only said they have good businessmen, what's your problem?
>>
File: KEVINANDERSON.jpg (54KB, 1061x596px) Image search: [Google]
KEVINANDERSON.jpg
54KB, 1061x596px
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xPq9QiSN19M
>>
>>161768384
I find it funny they put more budget in the moe girl epilogue than in the actual fight with the villain.
>>
>>161765122
Well-integraded CG are always good, but a redo of Ichirou Mizuki's iconic song is the bestest.

Toei CG take on Kyoani.
http://youtu.be/INk0H7PTSkA
>>
File: 1459541376484.png (122KB, 398x309px) Image search: [Google]
1459541376484.png
122KB, 398x309px
>>161765293
>The new Digimon is pretty shitty.
>>161767712
>>Digimon Tri
>hugely disappointing wastes of potential
Goddamn, I've been putting this one on hold to watch later once they finished them all but, how bad is it for real now? Should I even bother waiting anymore at all.
>>
When they give a shit or put a lot of money into it they can make some good looking anime. The problem is they shit out over a dozen shows a year and they're all made cheap and rushed. Dragon Ball Super is an example of a classic franchise having been animated in some of the cheapest ways possible with copy pasted/reused animation every where, some terrible quality and bad pacing. A lot of Tori's stuff is like that because they make SO MANY OF IT all at the same time. The terrible quality of a lot of their stuff just overshadows the good stuff they do.
>>
>>161765122
They don't watch Precure. They take priority on their originally owned product, and if it's sponsored by Mcdonalds on yearly basis.

https://youtube.com/watch?v=Eks3oStuQx4&itct
https://youtube.com/watch?v=-4J9bu4H9AY&itct
https://youtube.com/watch?v=EWKIVSIUzmQ&itct
https://youtube.com/watch?v=nrjEPIdtq3c&itct
>>
>>161773027
There's a new Digimon, they're called Appmons, and it's decent. There's only one autist who treat Tri like a cancer, coz the original is better, it's not that bad.
>>
>>161765122
because they used to be as good as Disney, but now they only push out mass-produced trash
>>
File: Madzinger.jpg (540KB, 810x1199px) Image search: [Google]
Madzinger.jpg
540KB, 810x1199px
>>161765122
This looks like absolute garbage, it's like they disregarded more than a decade of Mazinger evolution while making it.
I'm fucking mad. Like holy shit Zero exist, MazinSKL exist, Shin exist, but this is like a movie of the original Mazinger tv series that no one wants and looks boring as hell

>>161765806
Geez really? Fine, I'll go watch it if it's not dubbed.
>>
>>161776020
if this project will be a success, they can go make another Mazinger movie
>>
>>161776020
>but this is like a movie of the original Mazinger tv series
No, it's a sequel to the original Mazinger TV series.

>that no one wants and looks boring as hell
Holy shit would you listen to yourself? First off, they did update the design. Pay more attention.

Second, the Mazinger Z anime TV series is way more popular than either ZERO or SKL or even Shin.
>>
>>161776808
>popular

And? That doesn't mean it's the best.
>>
>>161777000
Toei didn't work on these spinoffs. Also,

>And? That doesn't mean it's the best.
By popular opinion, Mazinger Z is the best.
>>
>>161765122
Toei is still making awesome Super Sentai and Kamen Rider shows, so they're a-ok with me.
I couldn't give two shits about DBZ or whatever shitty show they are pushing.
I also like Precure.
>>
>>161767226
>Conan is by TMS.
>It's not like they are considered a good studio.
But Conan is amazingly good. Even after 20+ years.
>>
>>161777223
Popular normalfag opinion.
>>
>>161777620
Yeah, but what did you expect? Who's gonna watch their movie with no normalfags and salarymen involved?

It's not like they're actually remaking Mazinger Z. It's a sequel that takes place 10 years later, so we don't know what the story wil be about. We already have a new character called Lisa, so who knows.
>>
>>161774237
>>
>>161777280
We are talking about their animation division. Toei Animation. Why the fuck you bring up main Toei?
>>
>>161777280
I don't understand how anyone can sit down and actually watch every season of Kamen Rider and Super Sentai.
>>
>>161781179
I don't understand how anyone can't sit down and actually watch every season of Kamen Rider and Super Sentai.
>>
>>161768424
Anpanman will like to have a word with you, also Lupin III.

Also Toei works at half that due to kids shows just pay less and why most studios only do otaku bate (higher budgets and pays more).

Their shows are seasonal, 52 episodes a season.
>>
>>161781391
It's repetitive shit that never ends.
>>
>>161765122
What you posted is complete trash.

But it still doesn't compare to the shitshow that is the One Piece anime.

Most profitable anime of all times yet the worst animated I've ever seen. Even worse than Moe season cash crabs.
>>
File: FUCK YEAH.jpg (106KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
FUCK YEAH.jpg
106KB, 640x480px
I kind of want this to be like the old school manga/show but at the same time between Shin and ZERO, I want more fucking badass wild hotbloodedness
>>
File: 1986.jpg (172KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1986.jpg
172KB, 1920x1080px
Toei have animated one (1) good thing in their entire existence.
>>
Wait a second, was that actually Ichirou Mizuki singing the theme in the trailer?
>>
>>161768424
All of this garbage about long running shows and low production values falls apart when you compare Toei to themselves 30 or 20 or 10 fucking years ago. Look at DB and Z then compared to Super now, it's night and day. Old Toei had great direction that distracted from its low budget and occasional QUALITY, while new Toei is too scared to have Cell's spots on screen for more than 30 seconds in 100 episodes.
Look at early One Piece compared to now, the same anime and it still went to complete shit. One Piece has the worst pacing out of any adaptation I've ever seen, even compared to other long running adaptations there's nothing that comes close to it. The biggest and worst difference between old and new Toei is definitely the direction.

Look at other long running shows and adaptations from other studios. Look at Naruto/Bleach/Yu Yu Hakusho from Pierrot and Pokemon from OLM. All have acceptable animation and often improved as they went on, with Naruto and Pokemon taking risks in the Pain fight and Sun/Moon. Compared to other studios and their past works modern Toei is irredeemable trash.
Thread posts: 57
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.