[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Post anime you think are alright but people pretend are extremely

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1

Post anime you think are alright but people pretend are extremely profound just to make their taste seem more sophisticated than it actually is
>>
>>161757182
If its an anime that meets that description it would probably be on /a/ so often that making a thinly veiled recc thread for them would be pointless. Take the dick out of your ass.
>>
GitS and Patlabor movie2 (so basically exposition heavy Oshii movies), Texhnolyze, Angels Egg and most of all, this isnt even a competition, the original Yamato which is just a straight up worse version of 2199.
>>
>>161757182
Announcing reports is against the rule.
>>
>>161757151
Cowboy Bebop
>>
>>161757151
Basically everything from Leiji Matsumoto.
>>
>>161757151
Ping Pong
Shouwa Genroku Rakugo Shinjuu
>>
>>161757151
Whether or not something is profound doesn't mean it good or bad, you insecure fagtron.
Utena is notable because of it's outstanding direction and how it uses the common animu tropes in an unusual (at the time) manner.

>>161760754
>>161762326
Nothing profound about these.

>>161758565
>original Yamato
Yamato is notable because it was basically the first TV anime superproduction, with an incredible amount of work put into it.
>>
>>161757151
Didn't we have this exactly same thread yesterday? Also it's unthinkable that some people might have just liked any "alright" series and not use it to bump their ego.
>>
>>161762471
>Yamato is notable
That was not the point I tried to make. It isnt about the impact on the medium it had (since thats obviously gigantic compared to 2199), its about the people who pretend that its any more but a decent show. Acknowledging influence, and acknowledging quality are two completely different things. And I am fairly sure that people who claim to love the original version (especially over 2199) perfectly fit what the OP was looking for
>to make their taste seem more sophisticated than it actually is
>>
>>161757151
t. brainlet
>>
Utena? More like Slutena
>>
>>161757151
It's been a few years but i still think utena is DEEP as fuck, but then again i can't stand lainfags, so maybe it's just that one of the classics will click with you in that way. Hope you find yours anon
>>
>>161763199
wah wahh
>>
>>161757151
you've made the same thread all week

we get it, youre not in love with the show
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.