[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Wow man death note movie sucked really hard

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 1

Wow man death note movie sucked really hard
>>
I am so FURIOUS that netflix DEFILED my cult classic anime. I've moved onto other, better wrote animes, but I have to say, I always loved Death Note for it's intricacy and attention to power and mind games. Not only did the movie "suck really hard", they completely destroyed any semblance of the anime. The only things they retained were the character names, and a general concept. EVEN THEN, they cut many very valuable characters that added depth and detail. They changed the rules of the death note. Seriously, it's not that hard to keep the rules of a damn book. Ugh. 10/10, worst remake of anything I've ever watched and or read, EVER.
>>
Oh come on, it couldn't be that bad relatively. This is a joke where I imply the original was so bad that it's impossible to be significantly worse.
>>
>>161702116
Cease and desist your post at once, we're trying to shill Netflix's DN with multiple threads to get eyeballs and you make our job difficult.
>>
>3 posters
>3 autistically written posts
really says alot
>>
>>161702116
The anime is great tho
>>
>>161705907
>anime
>being great
You're clearly new to /a/
>>
>>161703319
What do you enjoy in the same vein as Death Note?
As a kid I loved the Artemis Fowl books, especially the first - when he was basically pure evil.

I saw the movie before watching the series (I'm on episode 29), and I really enjoyed it. It's obviously completely different from the show so I could see why you guys would hate it.

I'm on this board looking for recommendations.
>>
>>161706540
>Recommendations
Fuck off back to MAL
and get a spell checker too
Tard
>>
Honestly it was so bad it made me reassess the anime and manga, and I think I only liked them so much because I was 14.

The characterization in the movie wasn't even that bad although different, The idea of L having a psychotic break after losing Watari is interesting but the writing and direction is just so fucking trash throughout, yikes.
>>
>>161706628
I'm a highschool dropout. I can't spell
>>
>Live action adaptation of an anime
>Made by westerners
>Original Netflix(major red flag by itself)
>Major redflags, like a black actor playing L
You need to be an special kind of retard to expect anything good or close to the source material after so many red flags.
>>
Hahahaha the fucking S.W.A.T. truck ran someone over at full speed. This is delightfully, however predictably terrible.
>>
>>161706847
>Original Netflix(major red flag by itself)

Narcos is good
>>
>>161706640
Death Note wasn't perfect, but had several interesting ideas and good things about it. Good thrillers involving mind games are rare as fuck in anime or any medium for that matter, Death Note did the battle of wits between L and Light pretty well, had good direction, pacing, OST and animation on top of that and followed the manga pretty closely until the very last episode where the ending took a different direction, in which I personally prefer the anime version.
>>
>>161707498
Not saying that every original Netflix production is bad, just that's a red flag because most of them are bad and literally filled with liberal agenda.
>>
>>161707677
serious question, why do Ajin, 7 Deadly Sins and Glitter Force are original Netflix? did they put money in their production?
>>
>>161707677
>liberal agenda.

oh boy
>>
>>161707677
>liberal agenda
Come on now, just call them shitty, adding in that just calls in the wrong sort of people.
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.