[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

what's your favourite anime and why? Gurren Lagann made

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 3

File: gurrenlaggan1.jpg (693KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
gurrenlaggan1.jpg
693KB, 1920x1080px
what's your favourite anime and why?

Gurren Lagann made me love anime again after not watching or caring about it for 10 or so years
>>
>>161700474

is this the new meme summer fags are trying to push?

gurren lagann is shit. visually its great but the overall story is garbage and the main character is trash who isnt worth anything. simon is a bland character with no personality and doesnt move the story at all, he just reacts to things around him and whats worse is they kill of kamina just to make simon a bootleg version of him. why kill off the red oni just to turn the blue oni into a purple one? and a shitty one at that?

this anime is subpar and a blantant rip off of gunbuster.
>>
>>161700826
>kill of kamina just to make simon a bootleg version of him
Someone missed the whole point of the show
>>
>>161700826
is this autism?
>>
>>161700928

>believing in yourself is power!!11!!!

i didnt miss anything. simon has no personality and when kamina dies he just becomes a bootleg version of him. copies his clothes, his slogan and even his personality

>>161701021

no its just an objective look at a mediocre series
>>
>>161700826
kys
>>
>>161702072

exactly. no argument. i get that most of you watched this as teens and thought the fap bait and "manliness" was sugoi!! :^) but in all honestly the anime is not great and has many flaws
>>
No because is popular and as /a/ elitist I must hate it.
>>
>>161701892
>just an objective look

Nope. It's pure autism.
>>
>>161702173
>no argument

Children who don't know basic grammar don't deserve arguments.
>>
OP here, I'm not here to defend my favourite anime, I love it for my own reasons. I want to know what YOUR favourite anime is and why
>>
>>161702173
>>161700826
>I hate fun the post
Not everything has to be mature and deep. Gurren Lagann was mindless fun with decent plot and over the top lore

>>161701892
>believing in yourself is power!!11!!!
youre goddamn right
>>
File: 1497959669931.jpg (47KB, 408x491px) Image search: [Google]
1497959669931.jpg
47KB, 408x491px
>>161700826
Seeing butthurt posts like this is more entertaining than the anime itself
>>
>>161700826
Stay contrarian /a/.
>>
I've never bothered to watch the movies, should I ?
>>
>>161702378
Yes. They're great even if you've seen the series. Though there are some nice scenes that are skipped in the movies, such as the Onsen episode, I think the pacing is generally better.
>>
>>161702231

what did i say that was wrong summerfag? ive seen more gurren lagaan threads this past summer than i have in years being here, so clearly the majority of them are made by redditors or others like them

>>161702252

>attacking grammar
>on a mongolian cave painting board

so you just gonna keep coming with ad-hominems or are you gonna give me a reason as to why you think im wrong?

>>161702296

i actually like gurren lagaan, visually, but the story is very flawed and people acting like its some supreme anime that stands out when its just a new verison of gunbuster is laughable

>>161702341

im not butthurt im just giving an opinion

>>161702344

you cant even prove me wrong, sad
>>
>>161702378
Not really honestly. It skips the whole Rossiu bullshit but the space stuff is better watched in the series and the final fight takes way too long.
I never actually finished the second movie. I exited the window in the middle of the final fight after like the third "Oh no! The protagonists are losing! BUT WAIT!"
>>
File: Lordgenome.full.198358.jpg (220KB, 2000x1127px) Image search: [Google]
Lordgenome.full.198358.jpg
220KB, 2000x1127px
Lordgenome was the hero humanity needed but not one it deserved
>>
>>161702543
He tried but he was a real jerk about it. I don't think sex slaves helped his cause either.
>>
>>161700826
>an /a/-defining 2007 anime is a new summerfag meme

How fucking dense can you be Jesus
>>
I'm really glad I'm not in the minority saying GL is shit.
Really I don't have a problem with people who like it, but at least have the awareness to fully embrace how mediocre it is.
>>
>>161702746
I think the sex slaves just kept him from unleashing his spiral power and bringing Anti Spiral deathsquad to earth
>>
>>161702828

no, i mean the influx of threads appearing out of nowhere is the signal of a summer fag. most casuals havent heard of gurren lagann. ive asked many people if theyve seen it before an none of them have. its clear as day these threads are started by people who just recently watched the show
>>
>>161703455
>been lurking for years
>/a/ calls TTGL normie shit
>Forget about it for years
I got lied to and only watched it recently. In all honestly, TTGL posting is off the charts recently but I dont think summer has anything to do with it
>>
>>161703546

> /a/ calls TTGL normie shit

thats because it is normie shit. again, visually its superb but the story is lacking.

this is like the game of thrones threads on /tv/ people complain about the show and the responses they get are

>just turn off your brain bro!
>dude dragons!
>you must have autism

this is the exact same shit. people complain about the flaws and we get told to turn off our brains or get accused of having autism. its fucking sad. the show isnt terrible but its not some 10/10 that everyone makes it out to be
>>
>>161703718
>normie
Hello, normalfag.
>>
>>161702478
we can see you sweat while typing
>>
>>161700826
While your opinion is gay and stupid I have it's true that there's lots of Gurren Lagann threads lately which is equally gay and stupid.
Thread posts: 29
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.