[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I don't like trains anymore

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 49
Thread images: 7

File: r4yqNAc4pkAmpGTFbOmjPxLRZY8.jpg (429KB, 1280x1810px) Image search: [Google]
r4yqNAc4pkAmpGTFbOmjPxLRZY8.jpg
429KB, 1280x1810px
I don't like trains anymore
>>
>>161698411
The designs of his movies are really fucking similar, is he creating a new style?
>>
>>161698411
I really didn't liked it. The first part was boring, the second part was quite of pointless. I really like the ending tho, but I just can't buy the whole plot.

I really can't believe that the guy couldn't move on from his middle school girlfriend, even when he's in his 30's, while she moved on as time went on.
>>
>>161699447
Was he really in his 30's. I got the impression he was early 20's.
>>
>>161699646
Well he was working in an office and he quit his job, he had a place, was drinking alone at bars at night and was in a doomed relationship.

I don't know, I don't see anyone like that being in his early twenties. I assumed he was 27-30.
>>
>>161698411
This was fucking trash
>>
>>161699786
He was in a 3 year relationship, if it started shortly after he started working, and if he did so shortly ater graduating he could be around 24. I'm not familiar with corporate structure in Japan, but he was still in cubicle so he probably didn't work for long. I also got the impression they were closer to 20 than 30, because of the girl getting married, the christmas cake and all that.
>>
ITSUDEMO SAGASHITEIRUNO
>>
>>161698411

But they have such beautiful engines and sound so nice:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TxSklJP_-D0
>>
>>161700887
OK, I was lying, I still love trains
>>
>>161700517
spoiler that shit you fucking maniac. You know inciting suicide is a crime, right?
>>
As soon as the first story ended I lost all of what little interest I had in this film
Train part was C O M F Y
>>
Train Train~
I love my Train~
>>
Why does Shinkai like trains so much? Is he autistic?
>>
File: lewd.jpg (209KB, 888x669px) Image search: [Google]
lewd.jpg
209KB, 888x669px
>>161700887
>>
gata-goto chuu chuu
tetsumusu
>>
>>161699797
How so? I liked the characters
>>
>>161698411
>Shinkai literally create Kimi no Nawa to unfuck this boring pieces of shit

Heh.
>>
File: 1502585514262.png (443KB, 960x948px) Image search: [Google]
1502585514262.png
443KB, 960x948px
ITSUDEMO
>>
>>161698411
why can't shinkai just stop wasting high budgets on a mediocr/shit story ?
>>
>>161699447
>I really can't believe that the guy couldn't move on from his middle school girlfriend, even when he's in his 30's, while she moved on as time went on.
You should visit /r9k/
>>
>>161700887
>>161698411
Been a few years but whats with the train memes.
>>
>>161700517
>>161701369
Always looking elsewhere?
>>
>>161707067
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FJmvvZk4C1A
>>
>>161707259
>both characters ultimately give up on a child hoodromance and go on to have objectively better lives
>there are anons who think this is a bad ending
>>
>>161707507
Its too realistic for my chinese cartoons.
>>
Ugh, this shit blue-balled me so hard. Why did you have to remind me of it.
>>
>>161699447
Light novel and manga fixes a lot of the story's issues. First part builds the relationship more. Second part gets a lot more story. Then it goes into the college-adult years where he's had several relationships. By the time of the third part of the movie, he's going into a bit of an existential crisis. He quit a decent job where he felt trapped, and his most recent relationship is falling apart (the girl that sends him the text). This is when he thinks back to his childhood love and realizes he wants a girl who will say "everything's going to be okay". Meanwhile, main girl is getting married and finds the old childhood letters and reminisces for a while. Story ends with them passing each other at the railroad. She doesn't look back, so the guy decides he needs to push forward too. Manga ends on a happier note where the girl from high school doesn't give up and runs into him in a park.
>>
It was great and it also broke me inside.
>>
ITSUDEMO SAGASHITEIRU YO
DOKKA NI KIMI NO SUGATA WO
AKEGATA NO MACHI
SAKURAGI-CHOU DE
KONNA TOKO NI KURU HAZU MO NAI NONI
>>
>>161698411
Good, we don't like trainsexual people here.
>>
>>161707854
The manga and the light novel were still different if I recall correctly is that right?
And manga ended on an ambiguous ending no? High school / surfer girl appears to run into him but then it suddenly ends. Like what the fuck.
>>
>Tfw you realise that the song was written for the the singer's girlfriend after she died in an earthquake.

How are Shinkai's other movies? I've seen images and the art looks incredible but never seen them get the same praise as 5 cm/s and Your Name.
>>
>>161708300
All of his movies are essentially polished turds.
>>
Why is there always some kind of crater leading to the underworld in his movies
>>
>>161706935
I went to /r9k/ for a while a year or 2 ago, it was mainly idiots who were hating on women and couldn't think on working on themselves.

Real shit, that stuff can really fuck up your mind;
>>
>>
>>161707507
Did he really move on at the end? It didn't seem that way to me.
>>
>>161707854
sounds a lot better, and yeah i knew about the manga ending.

I simply thought that the guy kept thinking about her his entire life.
>>
>>161708300
5 cm/s is freaking overrate, it's only good point is the graphic.
>>
>>161707507
No needs to make it this boring and disturbingly long and who in the blue hell gonna act like that loser of MC...I doubt even /a/ will act like that.
>>
>>161698411
gege
>>
>>161698411
Personally, I love my station.
>>
>>161699447
>I really can't believe that the guy couldn't move on from his middle school girlfriend
Haha yeah that's unrealistic as fuck haha it's like Shinkai doesn't even know people
>>
>>161699104
dont have source, but im pretty sure he's admitted that he just does the same thing every movie
>>
First part was really good
Second part was boring as fuck and forgettable
Third part was okay, the ending elevaes it a lot though
>>
File: 1445286237531.jpg (27KB, 680x383px) Image search: [Google]
1445286237531.jpg
27KB, 680x383px
>>161698411
Blogpost time
I legit cannot watch this movie or handle mention of it

I met a girl online and we clicked really well together. So much so that I went to visit her. When I went to visit her I went by train and had to wait at train station overnight for 6 hours. It was during the christmas time and the town square was decorated.
Among the hobos in train station and the snow everywhere while barely keeping eyes open it was absolutely magical.
We were so natural irl that we fucked on the second day no protection, had condoms too but it illustrates how passionate it was and how fucking dumb i was, we were both clean
Worst of all is that she knew the movie and told me I was just like the protagonist. That I was melancholic dreamy softie and that if we ever break up that I probably won't move on.
That's exactly what happened
still love her, fucking cunt, and she knew me all to well

This is why I want to kill myself really hard anytime someone mentions this movie. The amount of media that got ruined for me because of this is amazing but enough blogposting.
>>
File: mpv-shot0006.jpg (321KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
mpv-shot0006.jpg
321KB, 1920x1080px
>>161713327
Good blog post anon.
Why don't you watch it one more time and give yourself a chance to forge ahead?
>>
>watching Your Name and thinking he's gonna pull that bullshit from 5cm/s again
Thread posts: 49
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.