[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Does this manga get less cringey later on? I'm at the eigth

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 2

Does this manga get less cringey later on?
I'm at the eigth chapter and the whole manga feels like something an edgy teenager in the early 2000's would like.
>>
>>161695665
It mellows down, trust me on this.
>>
>>161695665
It gets worse, trust me on this.
>>
>>161695665
No. One of the most over hyped things I've ever come across.
>>
File: 1273564806792.jpg (68KB, 419x566px) Image search: [Google]
1273564806792.jpg
68KB, 419x566px
>>
>>161695665
It stays chuuni, with some good moments. You have to be able to appreciate it for what it is. If you can't, try Spirit Circle by the same author. It's more normie accessible.
>>
This is a seinen. You are supposed to look at your past edgy self and reflect.
>>
>>161695756
Its not seinen, just a vastly overrated author that can't write and draws terribly
>>
>>161695665
It actually starts off very good. The lack of stereotypical characters and protagonists without an inane sense of justice was very refreshing at the time. However, it goes down hill pretty fast for reasons which I can't explain. The protagonist changes so much and the focus of the manga shifts considerably from its characters to the overarching 'save the world' theme. Perhaps the author had a change of heart I can't tell. However it has a very nice 'Trigun' moment if you know what I mean. You should certainly read it, it's short anyway.
>>
>>161695665
No, /a/ thinks for some reason this crap is great but its actually filled with anticlimatic deaths and fake character development. Its garbage art doesn't help the cause really
>>
>cringey
>>>/v/
>>>/leedit/
>>
Now you know why /a/ likes it so much.
>>
>>161695790
Seinen is not a genre retard. It's published in a seinen magazine so it's a seinen, that's all there is to it.
>>
>>161695756
I am well past my edgelord phase I don't need a japanese cartoon telling me to not be one.
>>
>>161695665
It stays like that and it's part of the charm, I suppose. Not really a must-read nowadays.
>>
>>161695665
I liked it.
>>
>>161695877
Okay.
>>
>>161695665
It gets fucking comfy. Just like everything this author write.
Like Sengoku Youko with the awful first part protagonist.
>>
>>161695843
Yeah I guess that seinen is what's on the label. Too bad the seinen stops there
>>
>>161695998
>awful first part protagonist
I will fight you
First part protag>second.
>>
>>161695665
I'm sorry you didn't enjoy something as much as the people around you did.
>>
>>161695665
If you don't like it then this manga is not for you! move on friend. hopefully you find something you like
>>
>>161695665
Only a teenager would use terms like "cringey" and "edgy"
>>
>>161695665
>it's another "op shits on manga /a/ likes with poorly defined criticisms"
>>
>>161696291
It's because if you write anything more than that no one will bother to read it. Doesn't even need that much expanding because the people who read it clearly understand what OP is talking about so there is a foundation for this conversation.
>>
>>161696046
>Too bad the seinen stops there
What part of "seinen is not a genre" don't you understand?
>>
>>161696239
What?
>>
>>161696381
It's a predictable backlash at the overuse of the term cringe and edgy that's doing nothing but devaluing perfectly fine terms.
>>
There's a thread created around the same time few days ago with the same picture and same posting style, but opposite viewpoint.
Someone is doing something.
>>
It's an anti-edge manga. The protagonist starts cringey and becomes more social as the story goes on.
>>
>>161695665
I dropped that thing on chapter 14 after some guy who was supposed to be cool and fun died. It was like that guy from TTGL who died, except Lucifer and the donnut hammer keep being shit after that incident. terribly overrated, among the most overrated manga I tried
Thread posts: 31
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.