[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Huh?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 6

File: oyasumi_punpun_147_10.jpg (205KB, 1200x846px) Image search: [Google]
oyasumi_punpun_147_10.jpg
205KB, 1200x846px
Huh?
>>
Greatest lovestory ever told
>>
>>161687261
Im at volume 9 and its a 8/10 so far. kinda overrated. hope solanin gets better.
>>
>>161687261
When will I find myself surrounded by my family saying goodbye to someone from Elementary I don't remember, /a/?
>>
>>161688629
Solanin is trash
>>
>>161688966
what about DDD destrction
>>
>>161689235
can't really say because it's not finished yet. It's his magnum opus though
>>
>>161687261
This chapter was mostly about discrepancies between how the world sees you and who you really are, but it also had such a strong nostalgic feel to it that it almost moved me to tears
>>
>>161687261
I feel like I missed a lot in this manga. Was Punpun really more fucked up than I initially read him to be? I sort of saw his inner thoughts and they read like my own at times, even down to the almost violent musings that are never acted upon. He struck me as a normal guy that went in too deep to get out once he killed Aiko's mom.
>>
>>161689761
The retarded kid that saw aliens and shit was more fucked up than Punpun. I don't think you missed that much
>>
File: OPP.jpg (54KB, 314x354px) Image search: [Google]
OPP.jpg
54KB, 314x354px
>>161687261
Does these guy sever contribute with something? everytime they appeared i get bored as fuck, wish they got killed
>>
>>161691260
>OPP
More like OTP
>>
What was the meaning of good vibes?
What did it symbolized, I feel like an idiot for not getting it, was it to draw parallels to punpun or something?
>>
File: 1456863318101.png (734KB, 1944x1400px) Image search: [Google]
1456863318101.png
734KB, 1944x1400px
Objectively the greatest manga of all time.
>>
>>161691795
>symbolized
Shit arc.
>>
>>161691795
As I understand it (from Asano's interviews, I didn't get this from just the source), the Good Vibes cult really did save the world from a crashing meteorite (well, daruma), but in the end, no one else noticed and it didn't save them.
Unless I'm missing something, it still doesn't really tie into Punpun's story, but it does run parallel to it in a way. Punpun does everything he can to save himself, the cult does everything they can to save everyone else, and in the end, what do either of them have to show for it? Is trying to save the world inherently more just than trying to save yourself? Will either of them really make you happier than the other? Happy at all? How does everyone else's perception of you affect how you act, and how happy you feel?
Blah blah blah, let me stop before I get too pompous, but you get where I'm trying to go.
>>
>>161693459
One more thing, even though I understand what Asano was trying to do with the cult (or at least, I have an interpretation), I don't think it was executed well at all, and as it stands, the manga would be better off if good vibes was cut out entirely.
>>
>>161691260
Fuck off, they're best boys.
>>
>>161691795
Don't feel bad, they were mostly filler.
The parallel is in the fact that Punpun completely fails to manifest himself and feels beholden to whatever is happening around it.
On the other hand Pegasus and his pals were completely free from the motions of the motions of normal life and created their own reality in which they each played a leading role.
>>
>>161687261
Really wish it had a better ending. Punpun really should have died. It feels so out of place that he didn't.
>>
>>161693707
The point was to make Punpun and the reader suffer. Him dying would have provided too much closure.
>>
>>161693729
Well mission accomplished. Although I get the feeling that's not what the author was really going for. It felt like he was trying to redeem Punpun and give him a happy ending of sorts.
>>
>>161693565
they are really gay, and that pegasus shit was totally unnecesary
>>
>>161693762
It was completely intentional and in line with the rest of the narrative.
https://mangabrog.wordpress.com/2014/07/06/inio-asano-interview-reality-is-tough-so-read-this-manga-about-cute-girls-and-feel-better/

Punpun is a tragedy presented as a coming of age story, the ending presented is typical of that genre but belies fact that Punpun has really arrived at the worst of all possible results.
>>
File: mfw.jpg (82KB, 680x680px) Image search: [Google]
mfw.jpg
82KB, 680x680px
>my wife's son ending

PunPun could have been a masterpiece
>>
>>161693813
>they are really gay
I see...so that is the impression you got
>>
>>161694082
He was weak and a piece of shit, what else would he get?
If anything it is realistic
>>
File: good_vibrations.png (289KB, 588x529px) Image search: [Google]
good_vibrations.png
289KB, 588x529px
>>161693506
No, it was done very well.
>>
I liked the part where Punpun fucked Aiko anally and poop came out.
>>
>>161687261
Story trying to be TOO DEEP and shit what a clusterfuck
>>
File: 1494111600219.png (369KB, 483x426px) Image search: [Google]
1494111600219.png
369KB, 483x426px
>>161688718
First ya gotta ruin a good thing with a cute girl and chase her off into the bed of her ex. Then ya gotta hook up with your elementary school crush and go on a despair road trip until your crush kills herself. Then you go home and hope that cute girl you fucked over takes you back
>>
>>161689761
Yes and no, a lot of fucked up shit happend to him ( Dad abuses Mom, getting raped by his Uncle's girlfriend, watching his Mom slut around and treat him like shit, watching his Mom die of cancer, ect.) but the thing is he could have gotten help from his friends or professionals but he didn't he instead stewed in his own misery and fantasies
>>
>>161696747
>he could have gotten help from his friends or professionals
I thought this took place in Japan.
>>
>>161695865
2 guess for deep you, huh
Thread posts: 34
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.