[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann thread Just watched this. It was

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 7

File: tengen-toppa-gurren-lagann.jpg (166KB, 1280x636px) Image search: [Google]
tengen-toppa-gurren-lagann.jpg
166KB, 1280x636px
Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann thread

Just watched this. It was fucking beautiful and I was on the verge of tears almost every fucking climax moment because of how upbeat, optimistic and overall badass is.

I loved it from start to end.

Also Nia best girl forever
>>
>>161664099
Should have mentioned it also cured my depression holy shit
>>
Great blog OP, where do I subscribe?
>>
>>161664099
I can agree with that.

I watched it immediately after finishing NGE.
>>
>>161664099
the ending to this series made my best friend commit suicide
>>
>>161664195
did you have a meltdown and how are you alive at this moment
>>161664181
>WHO IS THE BEST MOEBLOB OUT OF THESE MOEBLOBS
>THIS IS MY WAIFU SAY SOMETHING NICE TO HER
>YOUR WAIFU A SHIT AND A SLUT EDITION
>yet sharing your experiences with an anime is blogposting

fuck off
>>
>>161664224
>did you have a meltdown and how are you alive at this moment
Do the impossible. See the invisible.

Touch the untouchable. Break the unbreakable.
>>
>>161664224
I would agree with you but your utter faggotry makes me want to call you a retard instead.
Fuck off retard.
>>
>>161664270
cool shit. I love how both series are complete opposites. I know maybe this has been said before, but I have no doubt that TTGL was a product of being tired from the cynicism and pessimism that NGE left in the mecha/anime community.

Would like it to be recognized as its equal or similar, but it seems that people are masochistic.

>>161664302
watch out, we've got an edgy 4chan user over here!
>>
File: 1503342831334.jpg (249KB, 1024x723px) Image search: [Google]
1503342831334.jpg
249KB, 1024x723px
>>161664365
>watch out, we've got an edgy 4chan user over here!
stahp
>>
>>161664365
>>161664384
Proving my point.

NGE is neither cynistic nor pessimistic.
>>
File: igetdoesn'tgetitjapanese.jpg (17KB, 320x214px) Image search: [Google]
igetdoesn'tgetitjapanese.jpg
17KB, 320x214px
>>161664447
...what
>>
>>161664492
It's bittersweet, but it's not at all pessimistic. It's actually rather optimistic, especially EoE
>>
File: Nozomi-Parfait-Summer-Week-11.png (622KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
Nozomi-Parfait-Summer-Week-11.png
622KB, 1280x720px
>>161664521
I know, read my post again. I never said NGE was pessimistic and cynical.

However, the emotions it left were of that kind (mostly stemming from a bad interpretation of what made NGE work) and permated in the entire mecha/anime community by years were derived from it and would... well, I don't know if I would call it "damage", but maybe just "influenced" the genre.

If I would compare it with something I'm more familiar with, I would say that NGE influence in the anime was similar to the influence Watchmen left into western comic for years to come. Watchmen is not even that edgy or cynical, however, it started a trend of edgy and cynical comicbooks. Something similar to NGE, like I said before.

And I consider TTGL a reaction to those reactions. A "reconstruction" of the genre.
>>
>>161664099
Underage detected.
>>
>>161664602
I had a brain fart in the middle of the second sentence, I should have deleted the "were derived from it" part
>>
I just finished watching it too.
It was a ride. I feel like I wanted more from the ending, I don't know why.
>>
>>161664099
a rare 10/10 anime
>>
>>161664652
what else did you want anon? Everything got closure, and Simon left the new generation to handle things
>>
I have a sudden urge to make AMV for TTGL, and the music i am going to use is Shiro Sagisu Angel of Doom, and the AMV would be dedicated to Anti-spirals.

Somebody stop me.
>>
Everyone here should watch Fooly Cooly too
>>
babby's first anime
>>
>>161664099
But did you watch the movies?
They made them sooooo good.
>>
>>161664099
Fucking newfags like you should honestly either:
a) Shut up and lurk more
b) Get out and stay out
c) Kill themselves

Also, Gurren Lagann is nothing special, watch more anime before thinking your opinion holds any value.
>>
>>161664447
Nah its 4realz man. Too realistic.
>>
>>161664195
Did you watch FLCL to complete the trilogy?
>>
>>161667225
True I think other shounen like FMA are a lot better. Really good shows are pretty rare.
Thread posts: 27
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.