[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Fatefags, your opinion on Ryohgo Narita

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2

File: 45293.jpg (32KB, 225x350px) Image search: [Google]
45293.jpg
32KB, 225x350px
Is he a better writer than Nasu, Sakurai, and Higashitde?
>>
Yes, fate/strange fake is great.
His writing style is suitable for battle royale like Holy grail war
>>
No, too much meandering
>>
>>161663614
I like his work on the newer bleach novels.
So he's alright with me.
>>
>>161663614
He is the best fate writer so far.
>>
>>161663614
It isn't hard to be better than Sakurai and Higashide.
>>
>>161665267
Despite Sakurai and Higashide being horrible Fate writters, they had written more better stuff than Nasu.
>>
Narita is outright one of my favourite writers period, so I felt pretty blessed when f/sf evolved beyond an April Fool's joke. Needless to say, I give this question a yes.
>>
No, Drrr ende up becoming an insufferable mess.
>>
He's different compared to Nasu. Higashide is trash, but Sakurai is good when she write her own original stuff. Basically Sakurai is trash when she write anything related to Fate. Especially about female Fate characters.
>>
>>161663614
No, DRRR proved how much of a hack he is.
>>
File: The Captain.png (185KB, 409x585px) Image search: [Google]
The Captain.png
185KB, 409x585px
>>161663614
If there's one thing I noticed in his other works, Narita is too much of a pussy to permanently kill of major characters or make them suffer overmuch. He also likes huge ensemble casts with dozens of different characters. I just don't think that's a good fit for a a Fate series where the premise is that characters are in a battle to the death. You can't refuse to kill anyone and then keep adding to the cast on top of that. It's just going to make everything feel really cheap, bloat out the story and make it less interesting the longer it goes on.

In many respects Narita is at the opposite end of the spectrum from Urobochi, who is more than willing - eager even, to kill off characters and make them suffer. And to be clear I'm not much of an Urobochi fan and I tend to find his style as too dark and terrible for Fate, in that it ultimately misses the point. But as Strange Fate has been progressing I find that it's this world of endless build up with no real payoffs yet and nothing to make the stakes feel like they matter.

That said, Narita does have good ideas and I like his choice of words. And Ahab got me pretty fucking stoked so I'm on this ride until it's over.
>>
>>161664007
That's probably the most 'old person' complaint that I've ever read on /a/
>>
>>161667027
>Urobuchi, who is more than willing - eager even, to kill off characters
>all of the characters but fastwheels die in the last volume
>>
>>161663614
His works are often a lot of fun, as long as he doesn't start piling on more and more characters into his stories.
>>
>>161663614
I like he tries to make sure SF is consistent with other fate entries despite Nasu himself telling him to just go nuts and leave it all to lol multiverse as an excuse. SF right now is a huge clusterfuck in a good way
>>
>>161670064
Yeah, many people just give Narita shit for being such a huge autist, but to me it seems like he really cares for his work.
>>
>>161667363
Caster? Ryuunosuke? Deermud? Sola-Ui?
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.