[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

The Huge drop in quality in JoJo

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 80
Thread images: 7

Battle Tendency
>Great Comedy
>Fun Characters
>Cool villains
>Awesome action
>The best JoJo in the series
Stardust Crusaders
>Ditches Hamon
>Introduces Stands, turning the show into a fucking pet anime battle series
>Constant filler, less plot progression per episode then a fucking Yugioh season
>Jotaro is boring as shit
>Joseph is a completely different character, and is worse then in BT

How did the quality drop so fucking low?
>>
>>161652208
You're retarded. The mas was just trying to improve a formula older than you grandfather.
>>
>>161652268
Doesnt change the fact that post BT it sucks
>>
>>161652208
I agree. Turning the series into magic pokemon nonsense ruined it.
>>
>>161652208
Hamon
>Glowing hands
>can put it on stuff to make that stuff glow
>kills vampires
Stands
>cool ass spirits fly next to you
>interesting abilities add extra dynamic to each battle
imagine PB but Dio didn't have vampire powers. Boring as shit. imagine BT but the pillar men didn't have unique abilities. Lame as hell.
the fights are good because of the abilities. Stands gave everyone cool abilities.
>>
>>161652208
Just skip to part 7, don't even worry about it.
>>
>>161652814
The series would be much better if they made hammon a common thing in the future, like a wide spread martial arts form dominating society, and many societies using it in their own unique ways. Watching characters just stand like retards in place, and letting their Stands do the fighting for them makes it feel like a fucking yugioh battle, except the cards are just retarded fucking spirit pets that make zero sense, and constantly pull new abilities out of their asses to no end. Its insanely boring and could have been sooooooooo much better.
>>
>>161652993
God I hope it gets better by then
>>
>>161653044
there's nothing wrong with Stands fighting other stands instead of Users fighting other users.
like it's pretty much exactly the same thing anyway, but stands are better than users in every way.
>>
Stardust crusaders have the most popular and cool character,but a boring and repetitive story,diamond is unbreakable and stell ball run are funny stories,cool character and the best villain yoshikage kira.
>>
>>161652208

It all depends of the part. Part 3 was indeed boring as fuck with the worst main character, but after that, everything only gets better.

It also helps that the punchghosts later starts getting weird ass abilities instead of being mostly attack type stands that makes things boring
>>
>>161653412
>part 3 boring as fuck and the worst main
worst main,i think are you wrong anon,and boring as fuck i agree but calm down in the end,it´s get more better and turn in a good part,not master part or trash part,just good.
>>
Part 4 is so fucking good
>>
>>161652208
retarded thread kys
>>
>>161653044
>like a wide spread martial arts form dominating society, and many societies using it in their own unique ways.
that would have been a nice shoutout to Fist of the North Star, especially after JoJo found its own style
>>
>>161652208
As cool as the Hamon is, the Stands are one of the most unique and fun supernatural powers in manga.
I can't understand why so many people would rather keep the solar punches.
>>
>>161653044
But that misses the point of hamon being an esoteric mystic technique. Thats why Joseph is the only one who uses it by the end of 3. Besides Stands are essentially an evolution of hamon.
>>
>>161653044
There's only so much you can do with the ripple.
>>
There is something boring about part 3 though. Even though it has memorable characters and moments.
Part 2 was essentially DBZ
Part 1 was typical dark fantasy anime
Part 4 is the best so far for so many reasons.
>>
>Joseph never taught the Crusaders hamon so they all had another way to kill DIO and could combine it with their stands like he does
Fucking Araki

>>161654552
I advise you to read the manga as soon as possible.
>>
>>161654638
The thing about hamon and stand users is if certain stand users knew hamon they'd be invincible. Since they could self heal.
>>
Dio was basically an entirely different character in 3. His personality, behavior, etc was very one-dimensional compared to part 1. 3 honestly feels like a shitty fanfiction rather than an actual sequel.
>>
>>161654552
>part 2 dbz
>part 1 typical dark fantasy anime
have you see what you say?
you are wrong in all aspects,i disagree with you,part 2 it´s the best jojo and part 1 it´s trash,but necessary for understanding the others parts.
>>
>>161654745
They already get ridiculously serious injuries and are healed by the next fight, anyway.
And it's not like Joseph and the other hamon users weren't ever in danger despite using it.
>>
Part 3 is shit but DIO's World is godly. Part 4 onwards improves on it greatly. Stands > hamon
>>
Rank all part jojo except 8
4>7>2>3>6>5>1
>>
>>161652208
Go and read HnK if you want repetitive shit
>>
>>161654810
Im not wrong at all low iq retard.
>>
File: jojo stand big grin.png (406KB, 2118x1276px) Image search: [Google]
jojo stand big grin.png
406KB, 2118x1276px
>>161654874
I think it gets better when they arrive to Egypt.
I think the Vanilla Ice fight is better than DIO's world
>>
Stardust becomes GOAT when they get to Egypt.
Just forget about Jotaro because it essentially turns into Polenareffs bizarre adventure.
>>
>Abadul is shown to be very powerful with his stand early on
>does nothing later on and dies numerous times like a bitch.
This sort of doesn't make sense.
>>
Stardust is garbage and so is Jotaro, Araki had to make the "cool jap" (half jap but that looks exactly like his white family members) character to stop the whining from the racist nips and he ended up ruining his own manga.
>>
>>161655920
Can't have him eclipse Jotaro.
That's Polnareff's purpose after all.
>>
>>161652208

>Watch OVA

>That's pretty good.jpg

>Jotaro and Darby episode is one of the best episodes I've ever watched

>Excited for David Pro adaption

>Find out there's a ton of villains of the week that the OVA skipped over.

>Drop after hitting episode 12

What went wrong?
>>
Stands > Hamon

Hamon is literally the worst plot device in anime history. It always does whatever the fuck the writer wants it to do.

Part 3 is garbage because it's monster-of-the-week, not because of stands.
>>
>Super Hokuto Shinken
>good
>>
>>161652353
Battle Tendency is only the fifth best Part in JoJo. Just because Stardust Crusaders was worse doesn't mean everything post-BT sucks.
>>
>>161656638
All of the Stand Parts of JoJo are monster-of-the-week, though. Part 3 just sucks because it handles it poorly and Araki was far less adept at writing Stands.
>>
I havent read them but I think Stone Ocean and SBR would make good animes.
>>
>>161652208
The first half of part 3 is very mediocre. It's second half and all the later parts are much better
>>
>>161657070
That anon is right though. Stands in 3 were more like monsters and their users deviant creepy monsters.
Stands in 4 were more like unique powers wielded by various individuals, at least the anime tried to parody 3 by suggesting good stand users were evil.
>>
>>161656638
>literally the worst plot device in anime history. It always does whatever the fuck the writer wants it to do.
You just perfectly described stands though?
>>
>>161657166
I see what you mean, that's fair. I guess describing them as monsters rather than characters aptly sums up why they were less interesting.
The only memorable enemy stand users were in the latter bit of SC when Araki had gotten a bit of a hang of writing Stands.
>>
>>161657183
Not really. At all.
>>
>>161652353
>Post BT sucks

>Anything past Stardust Crusaders worse than Battle Tendency

Be honest you've only watched the anime right
>>
>>161656046
You're a retard.
>>
>>161652208
You're the first person I've seen to prefer Battle Tendency to Stardust Crusaders, other than myself.

I find Steel Ball Run to be terrible, also.
>>
>>161657270
>The only memorable enemy stand users were in the latter bit of SC
Such as? Aside from DIO, of course.
>>
>>161658254
Truth hurt, get back to your safe space, faggot.
>>
>>161652208
I just wanted more fucking vampire villains. Kira is boring as shit compared to the supernatural stuff going on before.

It just lost the magic
>>
>>161652208

I kinda agree BT was such hype and I really enjoyed it

After I kind a just watched it because I wanted to see the story but there was nothing that enjoyable in it maybe when that dog and bird right about it.
>>
None of the JoJo parts are good
>>
>>161656046
wrong
>>
>>161659712
>le funny contrarian

Just fuck off.
>>
>>161659040
All you did was shitpost without providing any evidence to backup your claims. Fuck off crossboarder.
>>
>>161654377
thats false, kars showed us other wise.
>>
>>161654768
That's the problem of giving him absolutely no screen time until Dio's World while also trying to distance itself from parts 1 and 2
>>
File: 1482952099403.png (949KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
1482952099403.png
949KB, 1280x720px
>anime onlys thinking they can discuss shit
>>
File: 1500259748024.jpg (26KB, 320x383px) Image search: [Google]
1500259748024.jpg
26KB, 320x383px
>>161652208
>>Constant filler, less plot progression per episode then a fucking Yugioh season
I don't think you know what filler means, friendo. Regardless, your opinion is bad and Stands > Hamon.

I'd expect nothing less from an anime fag, though.
>>
>>161657166
I think what he means is that in 3 and 4 a lot of time was wasted on these 1 off villains that arent important to the overall plot. When we get to the end and look back it was all non consequential to the plot. 1 and 2 had an actual story to them and most episodes advanced that story at least a little bit.
>>
>>161653496
Hello ESL-kun
>>
>>161657298
>not really
>at all

You can at least try to be intellectually honest. Stands AND hamon are both ass pull devices. Stands seem to be worse as they can transform and have different sets of powers when its convenient.

>my stand can turn anything it touches into a bomb and has a range of x meters
>but I got hit by an arrow so now I can make it so anyone that learns my identity is automatically killed
>thus making sure that I can no longer get ganked by Jojo and friends like they were about to do
>>
>>161656638
stands > corpse part > spin > hammon > wrecking ball
ftfy
>>
File: lol.jpg (13KB, 394x394px) Image search: [Google]
lol.jpg
13KB, 394x394px
>>161660249
his ripple was on fucking ancient aztec magic rock steroids
>>
>>161657088
To be honest I´m keeping my expectations low with vento aureo´s anime.
Stone ocean would need a huge budget too for the second half of the part and no anime adaptation could ever capture the gorgeousity and craftmanship of SBR
>>
>>161652208
>"H-hamon so gr8!!!"
>it's literally just generic magic aura
At least stands are original.
>>
>>161661170
The stands are better than Hamon, yeah, but it doesn't detract from the fact that Battle Tendency was objectively the best part.
>>
Anime-onlys should not be allowed to post on this board. Idk how many times I've seen this exact thread.

>>161661200
Its fun, but lacking in substance compared to Part 4 onward. I will say, its a great ride. But 7 and 8 are on a completely different level.
>>
>>161661226
Well, that depends on what you like in the story, probably. I liked the Pillar Men, Joseph dicking around and the "secret technique of the Joestar family", niggas like Stroheim and the absolute over the top nohomo manliness of the characters design and actions. It was fun and iconic, so I liked it. But I understand that some people would prefer part 4 and the next ones.
>>
>>161661014
Part 5 sucked.
>>
Stands really didn't get really good until part 4 IMO. There's some good ones in 3, but the whole stand user of the week thing doesn't work with a grand adventure like that. Really drags on.

It works way better with 4's pseudo SOL/mystery thing.
>>
>>161660877
That gets remedied somewhat in 5 onwards. It's still the same length as 3 and 4 but the plots are structured more like 1 and 2, and while there are a few gag fights the overwhelming majority do progress the plot at a nice pace.
>>
Anime: 2 > 4 > 3 second half > 1 > 3 first half

Manga: 8 > 7 = 6 > 5 = 4 > 3 = 2 > 1
>>
File: bestpictureof2016sorrylol.png (109KB, 210x224px) Image search: [Google]
bestpictureof2016sorrylol.png
109KB, 210x224px
I blame Bunkoban chapter titles.

Reading part I & II with shonen jump titles and then reading part III with bunkoban made the votw formula more evident and the whole experience worse.
>>
>>161660877
In 4 stands were being created to cover the tracks of Kira basically. Kira's father said it was to create allies to protect Kira. if you think about it though all the stands were distracting and throwing attention away from Kira's murder spree.
>>
>>161653044

Your stand doesn't fight in your place. All the damage from it transfers to your body. There are a lot of valid criticisms about stand battles, but this isn't one of them.
>>
File: Final Josuke page.png (1MB, 749x1077px) Image search: [Google]
Final Josuke page.png
1MB, 749x1077px
Part 4-8 English release when?
>>
>>161661972
Yeah I dislike how the volume releases change all the chapter titles to 'Stand Name (#)'. I don't mind changing them but making them so generic is fucking stupid. There are good changes, like chapter 55 of JoJolion being changed from 'Conclusion, And...' to 'Walking Heart, Breaking Heart' (doesn't that sound fucking cool?) but some like the chapter just before that, which was originally called 'Tamaki Damo Kills Again' and is now just called 'Walking Heart'. And the 7 chapters of that arc beforehand were renamed 'Hato Brought Her Boyfriend Home Parts 1-3' and 'Vitamin C and Killer Queen Parts 1-4', which ditched the cool unique titles they had before and sort of sets you up to not expect any plot development for that many chapters when in fact those chapters have the most plot development the manga has seen in years.

You wouldn't think it but changing the titles really does affect perception of the different fights and arc and makes them feel more separate.
>>
>>161662075
Viz are still doing like 1 Part 3 JoJonium every 4 months and they're publishing the next Part 3 JoJonium in September, which will leave them with 5 more JoJoniums to go. Shueisha haven't done Part 4 JoJoniums yet so Viz are likely just drawing things out until they're announced and can pick up the pace, because they're not going to translate the normal volumes since there's over 100 of those.
>>
>>161662171
Hopefully part 4 onwards will release someday..
Thread posts: 80
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.