[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I'm like 950 chapters in, why the hell are ippo and takamura

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2

File: broke boys.jpg (63KB, 451x313px) Image search: [Google]
broke boys.jpg
63KB, 451x313px
I'm like 950 chapters in, why the hell are ippo and takamura still broke as fuck?
>>
>>161626303
boxing doesn't exactly pay well
>>
>>161626303
takamura actually comes from a rich family AND he makes a lot of money from his fights. He gives some to the coach but he blows the rest worse than a black athlete.

Ippo hasn't made anything yet. This is what happens when you host boxing matches in Japan.
>>
>>161626344
If the mayweayher mcgregor fight taught me anything, boxing pays really fucking well
>>
>>161626492
only in America and for the top fights.

You get money from the venue and from the PPVS

no one is ordering ppvs to watch someone fight in japan when that fight takes place at 4 a.m. in America
>>
>>161626492

That's like a 1 in a million situation though, generally boxing doesn't pay well at the lower and even mid tier level. You might get 5-10 grand just to get beat by some up and coming star just so he can pad his record. Which is nothing when you consider the 1-2 months of hard work and prep just for one fight.
>>
>>161626303
It's no surprise that boxing doesn't pay well
They can only fight once every other month, and then it might happen that the fight ends in under 5 minutes. And of course all the career ending injuries and they have to retire at an early age anyway.
>>
>>161626303
They don't have enough oxygen in their muscles.
>>
>>161626303
Ippo is in a weight class no one cares about, fights all his matches in Japan which is not where the money is, and spends his earnings to keep the fishing boat business from going into bankrupcy.
>>
File: hippo the fightpuncher.png (1MB, 1432x2958px) Image search: [Google]
hippo the fightpuncher.png
1MB, 1432x2958px
>>161630592
>>
>>161626492
>Japanese fighters
>>
I can't believe that, as of chapter 1192, Ippo is fucking dead
>>
>>161635030
About time, we are finally free. It's a shame the manga dragged on just to end like this but I'll take any ending at this point.
>>
>>161635559
In truth: he's not dead, but the Guevara fight is still ongoing. 1192 has Ippo FALLING DOWN, and ends with *Guevara* starting a counterattack. So much for being a fucking 'sacrificial lamb to the new Dempsey'.
>>
>>161633182
Seeing the image that I made years ago still being posted to this date makes me feel warm.
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.