[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Summer Wars was really fucking stupid. How fucking retarded do

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 6

File: Untitled.jpg (57KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.jpg
57KB, 1920x1080px
Summer Wars was really fucking stupid.
How fucking retarded do you have to be to like this shit?
>>
>>161619854
>How fucking retarded do you have to be to like this shit?
You need to be stupid enough to think that KyoAni shows are good, that Owarimonogatari s2 is the best anime ever made and that FMA/HxH are good shows.
>>
File: IMG_8561.png (57KB, 625x656px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_8561.png
57KB, 625x656px
>>
I liked it better as a Digimon movie.
>>
File: 2013040.jpg (85KB, 640x352px) Image search: [Google]
2013040.jpg
85KB, 640x352px
It was a recycled Digimon 2000 movie but didn't that didn't stop me from enjoying/liking it.
>>
>>161620034
>>161619951
How could you not be annoyed about how everything about the AI was so fucking idiotic it feel like it was written by an aboriginal who never saw a computer in his whole life?
Or the non-nonsensical attempts at trying to make the bastard son guilty?
Or how, for no particular reason, it was a random family of japanese rednecks that saved the world from a global threat?
Or the extremely shallow romance?
Or trying to make the grandma look wise and powerful, but failing at both?

The only good thing about this whole movie were some of visuals.
>>
>>161619951
So, you've got nothing to say subhuman?
>>
File: 1444688143429.png (78KB, 297x212px) Image search: [Google]
1444688143429.png
78KB, 297x212px
>>161620267
I'm not going to argue about the AI because the whole concept of OZ is bizzarre and there is no point arguing about it.
>non-nonsensical attemts
don't know what you mean by that.
>for no particula reason
There's plenty of reasons why that family is important, of course, knowing them would imply paying attention to the flick.
The romance is not a strong point, but it is not shallow, it being shallow would be them falling in love because they find each others handsome/beautifull, in the movie you clearly see the girl falling in love whit the boys inhability to give up.
> grandma look wise and powerful, but failing at both?
Because that was not what they show, they show that she has connecitons made whit her carisma.
>>
>>161620955
>don't know what you mean by that.
He's a programmer who made program. He did absolutely nothing wrong.
>There's plenty of reasons why that family is important, of course, knowing them would imply paying attention to the flick.
There isn't. Being good at some shitty minigame inside Second Life is completely worthless. MC being good at math had no weight as far as beating the AI go. The anime pretend that the family are the only ones that can interact with the AI.
>Because that was not what they show, they show that she has connecitons made whit her carisma.
And those connections are supposed to be her power. Except all she did was nagging people to do what they were already doing, and we as viewers are supposed to be awed by that.
>>
>>161621199
>He's a programmer who made program. He did absolutely nothing wrong.
I agree whit you. I bet most people do, but you have to understand that in the heat of the moment not everyones head can listen to reason, also, japanese language is one in which confusion and misunderstanding are so common that they have to explain every single thing they do in fucking their mangas.
>Being good at some shitty minigame
Being good at anything is worthless unless you do something whit it, they defeated their enemy in an unusual way, i found that more interesting that just punching him to dead.
>inside Second Life
Anon, this people aren't playing "The Sims Online", they clearly state that your avatar has the same value as you.
>MC being good at math had no weight as far as beating the AI go.
beating him not, but it was crusial in defeating him.
>the family are the only ones that can interact with the AI.
except you clearly see many diferent types of avatar try to beat the AI.
>nagging people to do what they were already doing
While she did in fact yell at some of her family, she did it to encourage them not give up, maybe you would know if you ever had someone tell you words of encouragment.
>>
>>161620034
I would have greatly preferred it if the bad guy was just an anonymous douchebag player who never appeared in person instead of a rogue AI.
>>
>>161621199
>He's a programmer who made program. He did absolutely nothing wrong.
It you want to go into the matter if is morally wrong for a scientist to create something that could potentially be a weapon of destruction like if you possessed the undeniable truth and the argument wasn't even worth discussing you're even dumber than what your previous posts seemed to indicate.
>There isn't. Being good at some shitty minigame inside Second Life is completely worthless.
In this case it does. Other members of the family are the programmer of the AI and a member of a non specified secret goverment branch.
Nitpicking the technical aspects of Oz is pointless anyway and misses the point of the movie.
>And those connections are supposed to be her power. Except all she did was nagging people to do what they were already doing, and we as viewers are supposed to be awed by that.
Actually many of those politicians weren't doing a good job, neglecting the elders and such. And her motivational powers were highlited later, when it was her letter that compelled the family to stick together and not to give up.
And regarding being wise, of course she could see the potential in Kenji since their first encounter.
>>
>>161620267
Try saving the world from an evil IA before talking shit about the movie next time.
>>
>>161621806
>I agree whit you. I bet most people do, but you have to understand that in the heat of the moment not everyones head can listen to reason, also, japanese language is one in which confusion and misunderstanding are so common that they have to explain every single thing they do in fucking their mangas.
They were still blaming him after the fact, they even blamed him for the grandma heart attack. The TV news also blamed hit, and he himself blamed himself (he "confessed"). It's pretty evident that the writer genuinely think he's at fault, which again stems from the fact the writer doesn't understand anything about computers.
>Being good at anything is worthless unless you do something whit it, they defeated their enemy in an unusual way, i found that more interesting that just punching him to dead.
I was talking about brown shota, which at least is justified a bit about being the best at that shit and being well-known.
Speaking of which why would people all around the world give a fuck that some random Japanese cunt is betting with the AI. Are you telling me that nobody else in the world tried doing that?
>except you clearly see many diferent types of avatar try to beat the AI.
Not the government, not the NSA, not the owner of the social community itself. No, it's up to random assholes to beat an AI by playing games.
>While she did in fact yell at some of her family, she did it to encourage them not give up, maybe you would know if you ever had someone tell you words of encouragment.
Her encouragements were shallow, Everybody was already working hard in doing what they were doing.
>>
>>161621990
>In this case it does. Other members of the family are the programmer of the AI and a member of a non specified secret goverment branch.
And what they even did that more competent people with better resources could?
>Actually many of those politicians weren't doing a good job,
>neglecting the elders and such
Not once is that shown.
>And her motivational powers were highlited later, when it was her letter that compelled the family to stick together and not to give up.
That letter was just a load of banal bullshit. And it's not like the family was on the brink of breaking.
>And regarding being wise, of course she could see the potential in Kenji since their first encounter.
"Woah, I can really see you have the super special power to 'solve' a very specific future power, this prove that I'm wise".
The writer of this shit is just a fucking imbecile.
>>
>>161620267
only posers complain about things like that
>>
>>161621991
>>161622457
Are you 16?
>>
I see it's that time of the month
Have a (You) OP and be on your way
>>
>>161622243
>the writer genuinely think he's at fault
I disagree, it feels like the autors know enough to make the programmer's dialog sound like a genuine defence for his case (when he was explaining why it was not his fault). The part when they blame him for the heart attack can also be explained by the heat of the moment. His confession feels more like it was made out of guilt, but that is my opinion on the matter.
>why would people all around the world give a fuck that some random Japanese cunt is betting with the AI.
Because if she failed everything was gonna go to shit? I think you fail to understand the scope the movie was trying to convey. But i will agree that the movie focus so much about the family that it makes it harder to understand what is happening around the world.
>Not the government, not the NSA, not the owner of the social community itself.
They couldn't. The first things we hear about the AI is that it took down most off the important people avatars.
>Her encouragements were shallow
That's your opinion.

I sounds like you lack empathy OP, if you try to understand what people feel more you will gain much more enjoyment out of life.
>>
>>161622383
>Not once is that shown.
It is, you should try watching the movie.
>That letter was just a load of banal bullshit. And it's not like the family was on the brink of breaking.
They were fighting against each others and about to give up several times. The letter is what compelled them to fight in the first place and take back the uncle into the family. Again, actually watching the movie helps.
>"Woah, I can really see you have the super special power to 'solve' a very specific future power, this prove that I'm wise".
It was more about him being an upstanding and gifted young man, but obviously this is a fictional story, and every foreshadowed element must eventually serve the narrative, so his character and capibilities are functional to solve the main conflict. Writing 101.
You seem really angry, by the way. Did the movie touch you in a bad place?
>>
>>161622665
>>161622821
>replying
You do know OP is a bored shitposter who does this once in a while?
>>
>>161622909
You may be rigth, but at least he gave me an excuse to rewatch and see the good points of Summer Wars.
>>
>>161622665
> heat of the moment.
When you get 20+ people you can't explain everything as the heat of the moment for all the characters. Groups of people don't work that way.
>Because if she failed everything was gonna go to shit?
Again, the movie pretend that the family is the only one in the whole world that has ever challenged the AI. It seems it's you who fail to understand the scope of the whole thing.
>I sounds like you lack empathy OP, if you try to understand what people feel more you will gain much more enjoyment out of life.
You sound asspained about the fact that some guy on the internet is criticizing the shitty writing of a trash movie you watched on Adult Swim when you were 12.

>>161622909
>HURR DURR people saying bad things about a piece of crap only /co/mblr-fags like are TROOOOOOLS
How fucking insecure are you dude?

Oh, and before I go to bed, why did the AI did anything it did? Why did it try to make satellite fall destroy a nuclear plant? Why did it give a fuck about fighting, bets and games? Wasn't it just interested in acquiring information? Was it bugged (which would make the bastard even more of an innocent)?
>>
>>161623152
>trying this hard
Go to bed /v/
>>
>>161622909
>You sound asspained about the fact that some guy on the internet is criticizing the shitty writing of a trash movie you watched on Adult Swim when you were 12.
>HURR DURR people saying bad things about a piece of crap only /co/mblr-fags like are TROOOOOOLS
Ok, now I can see this faggot isn't worth replying to.
>>
>>161623326
>You seem really angry, by the way. Did the movie touch you in a bad place?
>I sounds like you lack empathy OP, if you try to understand what people feel more you will gain much more enjoyment out of life.
Is responding to condescending passive-aggressive insults with direct retorts what make you a troll?
>>
>what everyone bitching about the movie actually just wanted to see more of
Thread posts: 28
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.