[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How is it possible that this fanfiction is better than DBZ Super?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 3

File: file.png (671KB, 600x431px) Image search: [Google]
file.png
671KB, 600x431px
How is it possible that this fanfiction is better than DBZ Super?
>>
>nothing happens: the fanfiction
>>
kys TAF-fanboy
>>
>>161598335
TFS*
>>
>>161598299
>DBM
>Series with Bra the Erza tier Mary Sue
>Better than anything
>>
>>161598299
I love it but the only things i'm tired about are Son Bra, Vegetto and the fact that the story seems to be focused on them.
>>
>>161598299
Writting a better story than post-Cell saga Toriyama isn't difficult. Toriyama is notorious for being "forgetful" and mostly writes shit as he goes along. He's not the kind of author that can do series that go on forever, and the fact that he managed to last long enough to do Z is in itself a small miracle.

Part of me also believes the man is just sick of Dragonball and wants to do something else, but many of his other works don't even approach Z's popularity.
>>
>>161598464
>DBS
>Series with Caulifa the Erza tier Mary Sue
>Better than anything
>>
>>161598590
I loved sandland and would love more short stories like that.
>>
Pretty sure Toei got half their ideas from multiverse.

Multiple universes fighting in a tournament.

An op female super saiyan(Bra). She's better than Kale and Caulifa.

Had an evil Goku.

Had ultra super saiyan trunks vs vegeta.

This is no coincidence.
>>
>>161599060
DB Super also stole the SSJ God Idea from Toyotaro's DB AF who need some numbers of Saiyans to re-activate the Dragon Balls and make Goku coming back.
And also the Evil Kaio Shin.
>>
>>161599060
+ the talk about a rosa demon in the early chapters
+ freezer plotting something trough the tournament

if you read the manga there is so much stuff that influenced toei shit
>>
>>161598601
It's worse because Caulifa AND Kale are both characters who didn't even know Super Sayain existed, then in like less than a week one gets 2 and the other gets Legendary.
>>
multiverse is like a caulifla/kale fusion took the spotlight since the beginning of Super,plus the "plot" has crawled way to fucking slow and goku has yet to do anything slightly cool outside the old man state,too much fanwank for the the authors favorites and OCs
>>
File: BOO.png (396KB, 800x915px) Image search: [Google]
BOO.png
396KB, 800x915px
>>161598299
It isn't. DB fans largely have no standards at this point. You either have fanfiction-tier powerlevel fantasy or poorly executed story arcs with shitty characters and no sense of scale. You pick one, and there's no middle ground.

>>161598464
>>161598601
They're both fucking dumb. One is poorly built and force fed to the viewer with the author screaming "jesus christ, isn't this cool" nonstop, and the other feels tingles and just has to let the world know as soon as possible.

>>161599060
If a multiverse tournament and an evil Goku are your standards for unique creative writing and design, you're a fucking moron. Literally every spic from the 90s onward had that evil Goku idea. Fuck, the japs already did it with Turles years ago.

>>161599246
When did we get to the point that Toyo's AF fanfiction writing is no longer laughable? Are we seriously letting the creator of Xicor have free reign of the franchise? How are you not embarrassed by this?

I get it. It's dumb shonen shit and isn't that good to begin with, but damn if it wasn't fun back then. This franchise has lost grit and heart, and it pains me to see it being handled so poorly.
>>
>>161601194
Shut the fuck up chode choker.
>>
>>161601194
>How are you not embarrassed by this?
Too late for that. If there is one thing to be embarassed about in Dragon Ball canon it would be the entirety of the Cell arc and more than anything its namesake main villain. Perect Cell is the worst villain in the series by far and on the same shit tier of a villain as the non canon Xicor you rightfully have a problem with.
>>
>>161598299
I always sort of pity the more creative part of the Dragon Ball Fandom. They put way more thought into the possible directions that the story could go even more so than the original creator. I kinds scoff that people actually make theories for Super that are never gonna come true. So much potential character development wasted.
>>
>>161601738
Cell is literally a villian that came outta nowhere and took away from the threat of 17&18. With an even more confusing background.

I dont hate him but his arc is fucking overrated.
>>
>>161598299
It had Girl Vegeta.

It instantly wins.
>>
>>161601767
>They put way more thought into the possible directions that the story could go even more so than the original creator
And then they end up with multiverse which has neat ideas but executed horribly
>>
>>161598299
If DBM put even half of the focus they did on jacking off the Vegetto universe into developing and explaining the universe where Krillin is the Turtle Sage, Yamcha is an Android, and the DB characters all managed to defeat villains like Freiza and Cell, it'd be worth reading.

Instead, we get countless stories all about how their OC version of Bra is so great and powerful that she and her Dad BTFO the villain behind a mystery built up over hundreds of pages.

The creators are the kind of people who masturbate over power levels and what a Gogeta/Vegetto fusion would look like at SSJ5.
>>
>>161603051
>It had Girl Vegeta.
wait, what? How did I miss that?
Thread posts: 23
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.