[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Battle mangas

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 4

File: muhtournament.png (343KB, 891x1300px) Image search: [Google]
muhtournament.png
343KB, 891x1300px
>Read manga that looks promising
>Turns into battle/tournament because the author doesn't know what to do with the story
>Insta-drop

Why does it keep happening guys?
>>
I like tournament, they are hype
>>
>>161597064
Replying to my own thread, but I'll add substance.

>Naruto
>suisei no onmyoji
>Hungry Marie
>Rakudai Kishi no Eiyuutan

are what comes to mind.
It just makes it insta-shit.
People just start fighting each other for lulz, and comparing muh power level.
Why is this allowed?
>>
>>161597064
What even is this?
>>
Tournaments are always fun, no matter the media.
>>
>>161597064
tournaments aren't shit, what's wrong with you?
>>
>>161597064
>>161597379
You just have shit taste m8
>>
>>161600100
/thread
>>
>>161597379
Wait how the fuck did Hungry Marie turn into a battle manga?
>>
>>161597064
Because it's the easiest thing to do, anon. You can continue selling copies of a manga for years instead of just ending it because you are done with the story itself.
>>
>>161600149
Well they portray it as a 'game'
but it's your usual tournament manga.
>>
>>161597064
Forcing things into 1v1 tournament battles is the easiest way to write a fight and allows the writer to milk encounters. Not many authors have the chops to write group or even massed combat without fucking themselves over.

And for readers tournaments are simple to digest and easy to get into. You only have to keep two sides in your mind and the spotlight doesn't have to be shared.

When done right a tournement setup is amazing, but it's a crutch Shonen action series in particular will always have.
>>
remember when every big shonen was having a "war" arc, where every single character in the series was involved, having random fights with mooks or sometimes other named figures, and the only one to portray it as an actual chaotic mess was One Piece, instead of just boiling down to a series of 1v1 fights like every other arc?

the fuck was up with that
>>
File: Jotaro and Dio.jpg (542KB, 4236x1276px) Image search: [Google]
Jotaro and Dio.jpg
542KB, 4236x1276px
>>161597064
>Posting on /a/
>While not liking tournament arcs
Get a load of this goy...
>>
>>161600252
I believe you, but i read like 2 or 3 chapters and i'm struggling comprehend how author could turn a gender swap manga into a battle manga
>>
>>161600357

Wan Piss is shit, man
>>
>mangas
>>
>>161600357
>the fuck was up with that
It's not that bizarre. Oda has always at least had full scale battle in the background of arcs like Alabasta and Skypeia. Kishimoto had reverted to making ninja encounters single affairs during the Chuunin exams and Kubo had never even pretended that it wouldn't be Mooks vs a main character (Chad or Ishida) or Ichigo vs A captain.

What baffles me about One Piece is how there were so many good arcs back to back and then Oda forgets how he did stuff like that after the time skip.
>>
File: img000015.png (500KB, 768x1200px) Image search: [Google]
img000015.png
500KB, 768x1200px
>>161597064
>Manga has a funny premise, let's see how the author explores the theme
>The MC is actually smart and so far the unique setting is being explored decently
>There are tournament arcs (although just two ;_;) and the fights are interesting
>Author has planned the story in advance
>Manga gets cancelled anyways without the author putting everything he wanted in it
>Nozomi vs. Mio never ;_;
>>
File: ULTIMATELOVE.png (419KB, 891x1300px) Image search: [Google]
ULTIMATELOVE.png
419KB, 891x1300px
>>161597064
>suisei no onmyoji
I love that tournament arc
>>
>>161602136
me too
Thread posts: 21
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.