[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Since there's been an influx of Death Note threads, why

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 3

File: file.png (2MB, 960x1440px) Image search: [Google]
file.png
2MB, 960x1440px
Since there's been an influx of Death Note threads, why not talk about a GOOD AMERICAN LIVE ACTION ANIME MOVIE?

Why was this as critically panned when it came out?
>>
Same year as the dark night, us Americans hate colorful, fun and faithful adaptions. It was too childish and cartoony. But I personally love it
>>
That's like the only good example.
>>
I really loved this.
>>
>>161593049
That and this are only good live action adaptations.
>>
>>161593154
>>161593049
>Still no Attack on Titan Hollywood Flick
Though Eren's autistic murder boner against Titans would probably look and sound stupider live action
>Still no Jojo Part 1 Live Action Film
It's pretty short and concise that it can easily be summed up in 2 hours, though with Hollywood being like it is, they'll probably tone down the hamminess

Anyway I do admit Speed Racer was an exception.
>>
>>161593049
This was just perfect.
>>
>>161593081
The thing is that colorful and cartoony live action adaptations DO look childish and stupid. Some (most) cartoons are better off staying cartoons and don't need a live action adaptation.

In fact, that's the problem with Hollywood. The reason why even something like Ghost in the Shell needs a live action adaptation is because anything that's not live action isn't taken seriously. This is very different in Japan, and even France to a lesser degree (they have shit like Persepolis).
>>
>>161593049
>Why was this as critically panned when it came out?

Basically, it all boils down to the plot of the movie being pretty accurate to the series. That is to say, it's cheesy and very family friendly.

For whatever reason, they all decided this wasn't acceptable for a PG rated movie.
>>
>>161593081
fucking burgers
>>
>>161593049
Because it's nothing like Mach Gogogo. They turned it into some neon futuristic Hoteheels garbage
>>
i hope there will be initial d hollywood adaptation after that baby driver fame spread out
>>
>>161593154
>not gintama

step it up
>>
I want an MD Geist movie based off of the first OVA, and a Gunbuster trilogy.
>>
>>161593154
That was a kinda good movie but a pretty terrible adaptation. I don't know why they even bothered taking the rights when it had barely anything in common with the source.
>>
The Wachowskis got a lot of flak for the film, but, honestly, it's probably up there in my top three favourite movies of all time, along with Chirin's Bell.
>>
File: Untitled.jpg (151KB, 659x321px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.jpg
151KB, 659x321px
>>161593049
Uhh
>>
Edge of Tomorrow is good but it gets unnecessary sequel with unknown plot. Didn't they finish a story?
>>
>>161598078
Didn't some Chinese folks make an unofficial one?
>>
>>161598465
yes but seems unprofessional tb-qh
i want it directed by Justin Lin
>>
>>161598465
>Some chinese folks
I'm mad alright
>>
>>161593049
why does this image remind me of that blacked hand shoop
>>
>>161593049
Why not talk about by super model girlfriend?

Because it doesn't exist.
>>
>>161593049
Pleb filter. Many negative reviews simply didn't get it. Others complained about superficial things, like "the bright colors hurt my eyes".
>>
>>161598222
>I don't know why they even bothered taking the rights when it had barely anything in common with the source.
A rare show of good faith in Hollywood? Whether or not they could have "gotten away with it", the original idea still came from All You Need Is Kill.
>>
never say the orignal series but loved the movie

is it faithfu to the anime?
>>
>>161593209
The guy who made Light Turner could actually make a perfect Eren.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T334X4xes3U
>>
>>161593049
America was too cynical for camp.

Which is a damn shame since it was great. It was a simple story, but it touched all the right beats.
>>
>>161593081

My friends and I all agreed that Speed Racer was popcorn movie of the year over Batman. Also a far better movie for theater rather than home viewing.
>>
>>161593049
It had the bad lick of airing the same week as a very hyped movie which i can't remember.
Thread posts: 30
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.