[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Most overrated thing ever.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 55
Thread images: 9

File: overrated.jpg (142KB, 640x960px) Image search: [Google]
overrated.jpg
142KB, 640x960px
>>
>>161560391
it was ok.
the ending ruined everything.
thats it.
>>
When will people learn that overrated and popular mean different things?
>>
>>161560465
The mc got cucked pretty bad.
>>
>>161560391
Watch more anime.
>>
>>161560538
except it was never overtly implied that he had a thing for her. it just felt that the two were endgame which i was all for.

get rid of co-worker girl and cuck ending and this show would be great.
>>
File: 1498943923278.gif (70KB, 211x207px) Image search: [Google]
1498943923278.gif
70KB, 211x207px
>>161560515
When will you learn that MAL ratings ARE representative of the average anime fans opinion?

As for OP: pic related
>>
>>161560391
>Anything but Jojo

Even Erased was better than Jojo.
>>
File: Ideon 19 (2).png (1MB, 960x720px) Image search: [Google]
Ideon 19 (2).png
1MB, 960x720px
>>161560639
>using MAL rating instead of the consensus of /a/
>>
>>161560970
/a/ has no centralized website to evaluate shows. A vocal minority might appear to be the actual majority to you, but that doesnt mean that it is. Additionally its hard to figure out whether or not something is overrated based on threads taht are being created on this board. You never know if something is bait, if the user is being serious or if the 20 people complaining are just one same fagging autist. I mean this has 350k ratings and sits at 8.6, if thats not EXCEPTIONAL to the average person then I dont know what is. Anf that sure as hell is overrated.

The board itself also is too big for that. You cant even get a read on /m/, and compared to the shithole we are currently posting on, thats a rather slow and low populated board.
>>
>>161561147
Eh, I'd say it's worth an 8, so it's not that far off. In an ocean of moeshit it's unusual to find an intelligent drama.
>>
>>161560391
It was weird watching an anime with my mom and her really liking it.
>>
>>161560391
Thats not Gurren Lagann or KLK
>>
>>161560391
People still remember this show?
>>
>>161561485
Why are you watching anime with your mother?
>>
>>161560538
>>161560614

>not waiting a decade for someone who isn't even her boyfriend to wake up is somehow cucking him

you are incredibly retarded
>>
>>161560970
/a/ has no consensus, this board is just about bad and painfully unfunny memes, you will find nothing here, that's why i stopped coming here.

I came back a few days ago because I wanted to get back into animuh but this board is so hollow it's almost asking to die on its own. There are no good discussions or advices here.
>>
I didn't mind it till the mc got cucked.
>>
>>161560391
Thats not madoka or everything done by kyoani
>>
>>161560391
Literally every popular show by A-1/10
>>
File: fYJBy0Z.jpg (112KB, 738x960px) Image search: [Google]
fYJBy0Z.jpg
112KB, 738x960px
>>161560391
Lol, I liked the ending. I love seeing all you dumbasses get triggered.
>>
>>161561846
>good discussions

I disagree. There are you just have to dig for it. There's a lot of shitposting on /a/ just like there is on any other board.
>>
File: 1480322258970.png (3MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1480322258970.png
3MB, 1920x1080px
It was a solid 6 OP. It was basically just someone's wish-fulfillment. It wasn't particularly cleverly written, most likely someone's highscool project. The liberties the anime took were improvements and the directing was above-average so that's how I concluded my score. Again. The most overrated thing currently is Your Name. Which is a solid 5. Real kino coming through though. 'WOOPS I SAID THAT OUT LOUD' is the greatest literary device and it works great in the spin-off doujins.
>>
>>161562339
Most A-1 shows are literal 1:1 manga adaptations so it makes sense that they're just not that great. I honestly don't know what it is but you can almost always tell you're watching an A-1 anime. I think it's something about the artstyle of the backgrounds.
>>
File: ntr.png (97KB, 835x654px) Image search: [Google]
ntr.png
97KB, 835x654px
>>
>>161566521
Since when has normal not been an insult? Just going to point it out there. How I see it is that him crying is cringe as fuck.
>>
ITT: edgelords
I know you cried and everyone knows it
>>
They should have ended it when the kid got backed into the water inside the car. It would have been edgy, but the shock value would have at least made it notable instead of some literal what anime fading into history.
>>
Was it really overrated when everyone thought it was shit?

I thought it was ok. Entertaining but that's it
>>
>>161560391
>Most overrated thing ever

That's not Steins;Gate or FMA:B
>>
>>161561147
I wonder how MAL rankings would look if you only accounted for scores from people with at least N series watched. I think that's the reason why scores on MAL aren't worth a shit: people watch 20 shows and rate them all 8+ because they don't have any reference. Implementing that mechanism could encourage people to put in random shows to gain credibility though so it might not work anyway.

I actually liked the show in question though.
>>
I really liked it. I wish it had a bit more mystery and a better ending, both in the animation and the manga, but it was very good and i even cried.
>>
>>161560391
The first 4 episodes is some of the greatest anime ever put out.

Everything afterwards is a disappointment.
>>
It had a bangin OP
>>
Everything from the "reveal" onwards was so bad it went from an 8.5/10 to a 5/10 by the end
>>
>>161569842
Same. I had a few complaints, but it got me pretty good. I really enjoyed it.
>>
>>161562339
>>161566415
This is why Sora no Woto is the only good thing they've done.
>>
>>161561846
>There are no good discussions or advices here.
I actually think it's the contrary. Unlike on MAL or Reddit where your opinion has to somehow match the popular consensus so that you can hold your 'good taste' reputation, aka get all the upvotes, on /a/, since everyone is anonymous, you can say whatever the fuck you want. Yea it's filled with shitposts but that usually only applies to the OP image and text. A lot of discussions related to the OP's topic can be found within the thread, similar to the one I am having now.
>>
>>161571627
>talking about upvotes
>forgetting bumps
>>
>>161560391
Go back to where you came from
>>
It was good until he went back to his own time.

The villian was also telegraphed like a scooby doo mystery.
>>
File: 1429416100042.jpg (61KB, 544x294px) Image search: [Google]
1429416100042.jpg
61KB, 544x294px
Sword Art Online is a gateway anime of the worst kind. It's a bad series, a clusterfuck of story and characterization that isn't very well
done by any aspect, but which attempts to compensate for its weaknesses by adding in
excessive shipping faggotry and GLOPPING. The normal anon can see this as the shit it is, and may enjoy it, hate it or be indifferent to it, but all the while recognizing that the series itself, regardless of their opinion, is plain bad.

However, these very aspects that try to smear over the shit of its core make it a
breeding ground for aspie, unsociable underageb& faggots who engage in every kind
of faggotry both online and in the real world. The angsty characters all trying their hardest to look cool, the black trench coats, the crawling in my skin, the whole emo faggotry
and everything about the Sword Art Online world fuels their escapist fantasies, while the
pity-party character backgrounds,
emphasis on virtual reality, and overall self-insert nature of the series make it fit just right with the mary-sueish drives of your average preteen and his sense of unwarranted self-importance towards the world. Exactly the kind of shit that makes little kiddies and underageb& retards eat this shit right the fuck up.

Sword Art Online is basically THE series to attract the most hated anime fanbase known to /a/, which is why, regardless of individual opinions, it is the responsibility of every anon to troll the shit out of this show and everyone who likes it, and ensure that no Sword Art Online threads ever encourage the newfriends to show their faces here.
>>
>>161560391
No, Akira is
>>
>>161571177
Felt like a bunch of corporate suits just looked at what was popular and tried to recreate it without a single ounce of creativity. Without understanding the intricacies of such a story.
>>
>>161572391
Either that or Miyazaki movies, or Your Name. Japan truly can't into movies
>>
File: akira-kurosawa-9370236-1-402.jpg (226KB, 1200x1200px) Image search: [Google]
akira-kurosawa-9370236-1-402.jpg
226KB, 1200x1200px
>>161575849
>Japan truly can't into movies
you funny
>>
>>161575914
I meant animation. Perhaps I should have specified that. But I thought it was pretty clear given the examples I listed and being on /a/ and all. But Seven Samurai isn't particularly well-directed. As much as I love it I have to give credit where it's due.
>>
>>161560391
it was a 9.5/10, and im being unfair.
>>
any other mystery anime with feels?
>>
>>161560391
Some;Shit
>>
>>161578628
Haibane Renmei
>>
Why was it called Erased?
>>
This is the worst anime I have ever seen and at this point I'll doubt I'll see anything worse. Of course you fuckers will laugh at me and say that I just haven't seen truly bad anime such as Utsu Musume Sayuri, Garzey's Wing, Eiken, Shitcom, the new Berserk, Hand Shakers, and what not. Well guess what? All those series that I listed, I consider better then ERASED.

Of course, there's still more of those I haven't watched like Mars of Destruction or Abunai Sisters, but even then, if I believe ERASED is worse then fucking Garzey's Wing, then what could possibly be worse than ERASED?

ERASED is pure hell. Every second I spent watching it was an eternity of pain and suffering.
>>
File: 1503448925582.jpg (13KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
1503448925582.jpg
13KB, 300x300px
>>161576469
well yes anon, what do you considered to be authentically "into movies' then? care to share your wisdom?
>>
>>161582510
Just add animation to that sentence.
Thread posts: 55
Thread images: 9

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.