[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How good is Yu Yu actually?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 1

File: maxresdefault (1).jpg (219KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault (1).jpg
219KB, 1920x1080px
I started Yu Yu and made it to the Dark Tournament before I took a break from watching it so I could really take it all in. I finally just came back to it and I don't know why I took a break in the first place. This is one of the best anime I've ever seen. It is so perfect. My questions are:

>Does Yu Yu ever get bad or less great
>How does /a/ rate Yu Yu in terms of top 100 anime
>How do you rate this show?
>How does Yu Yu hold up to other shows that are considered the best?
>>
>>161551816
Also btw I rate Yu Yu a 9.5/10 and it is in my top 5 anime of all time.
>>
Nobody calls it "Yu Yu" you dipshit newfaggot.

As for the rest:
Lurk more
>>
tfw no botan gf
>>
>>161552351
youre the only one here that does that dumbass oldfag wannabee
>>
>>161553287
You stupid motherfucker. Don't you ever reply to me again. Do you fucking hear me? I will fuck you up.
>>
>>161553325
I'll see you after class
>>
>>161551816
Yu Yu Hakusho is the single greatest shonen anime ever made.

anyone that tells you different is a lier and a spook.
>>
I just finished the four beasts arc (ep 26 I believe) and I'm bored. The first episodes were good and the characters are likable, but everything is so cliche and predictable. I loved HxH and kept hearing great things about YYH but so far I'm not impressed. When does it get good?
>>
It really is one of the best if you don't watch the last arc. Seriously, it's Dragon Ball Super tier. Avoid it.
>>
>>161555194
it picks back up in the first tournament arc. don't bother watching the rest, kuwabara relegated to side character status and the show gets drawn out and boring. just skip to the last episode if you really need to know how it ends.
>>
I think most people were put off by the stuff after Dark Tournament but I think it was a good way to bring back elements from earlier arcs and keeping up with other franchises that go heavy into power creep.

I'm old and been watching anime since the late 90's so I'm quite biased towards some other old shows so I generally put it in my top 20/15. I would recommend it to anyone who is seriously getting into anime.

I think it has a good style that can separate itself yet doesn't look too dated like many shows of its time. The action is good but I really appreciate the drama and camaraderie compared to many other top anime as its bit more grounded and I think the viewer can really relate.
>>
>>161551816
I'm also taking a break from it, though I'll say it's solid and entertaining as fuck. It's rare to see a show that knows how to keep you hooked like this. Only show that does that is HxH but to a much lesser degree since there's too much cooldown at the end of each arc compared to YYH which just jumps to the next one.
>>
>>161555194
>>161555265

Dude I just finished the rogue detective arc, and is the best one.

To OP. Yu Yu Hakusho is the best battle shounen if you cut it some 90s slack. It has awful music during the first two arcs, and character designs, in the visual, are quite unremarkable. Except for that it's all virtues.
>>
>>161555126
What about HxH? afaik it doesn't fall back compared to Yu Yu Hakusho.
>>
Btw Bleach is Yu Yu Hakusho.

>nice guy mistook by a bad boy gets touched by the other side
>a chick in traditional clothing handles him the status of spirit world person in the human world
>they have to rescue a chick from the other side that is kidnapped. Rukia and Yukina.
>a death that is not shocks the world, and gives birth to the big bad guy, and to the next arc.
>mc gets deeper and deeper into the other side shit and it turns out it was a demon too all along
>>
>>161555265
>don't bother watching the rest
Sensui's arc is good as shit.
Just stop before demon world arc since it's basically meaningless
>>
>>161551816
>>Does Yu Yu ever get bad or less great.
Chapter black is pretty damn good, but a lot of people hate on it for some reason. The last arc has some good ideas but it's is rushed as fuck.
>>
>>161559659
Chapter Black had potential that got squandered with Sensui's aspulls.
>>
The tropes in YYH didn't age well. The same things you'd find nearly laughable in Dragon Ball Z make an appearance here as well, except they are stale, despite YYH being the younger of the two. The introduction part with the ghost shenanigans, Genkai tournament and sacred beasts were really bad, and it made me appreciate the beginning and peak of Bleach in comparison. Worst possible way to introduce the cast of a show. The Dark Tournament had a more dynamic format, and while it more entertaining, Toguro as a villain made Freeza seem like a complexly written character. And just when you think that the characters achieved something meaningful, born from sacrifice and hardships, nope, your newfound powers are meaningless because people can kill you with words and standing in your shadows, all the dead people you've cried for get magically revived, and the demon you've fought for the fucking half of the show turns out to be B-class fodder. Latter twists only made the show laughable, and people thinking that Yuusuke being a demon is not that much of a big thing are just blinded by nostalgia, because it's the same tier of bullshit why people laughed at Ichigo being a quincy. The 90s charm is there, but other than that, it's hard to look past most of the things, even considering age.
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.