[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Evangelion

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 64
Thread images: 7

File: 4L_gx1J6yUn.jpg (59KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
4L_gx1J6yUn.jpg
59KB, 640x480px
>just be urself dude
>lol just accept who u are

How exactly was this supposed to be a riveting revelation? They spent the 2 final episode building up to THIS.
>>
>>161545919
You don't understand it. And you never will with that attitude
>>
>>161545919
It's just that no one was really smart enough to tell him that until everyone turned into tang.
>>
are we all Tang irl?
>>
You're missing two key points.

A. A big part of the show is the barriers between people and our inability to communicate. The thing is, anyone could've told Shinji that, but no one did. This is why he comes under that revelation when we're all Tang.

B. That wasn't even his fucking problem. His problem was that he refused to change for himself and he did it for others instead.
>>
File: DESU.png (1MB, 1024x656px) Image search: [Google]
DESU.png
1MB, 1024x656px
>>161545919
when were you promised a riveting revelation? it's not a detective show.
>>
>he didn't get it
so many children lately.
>>
>>161545919
>being memed into watching trash
>>
>>161548234
almost any popular show that people watch or has controversy over is a meme.
>>
File: 1502611568098.png (117KB, 680x528px) Image search: [Google]
1502611568098.png
117KB, 680x528px
>>161548234
>>
>>161545919
For a new beginner, it literally makes no sense, unless you're really listening to the anime, and even then huge stuff is missed out.

Plot wise, I agree OP, the anime don't make sense. And it has a reason. They ran out of budget, so instead of big mecha fights and imagery, with plot focus and sound design, we got a single music track, with low animation about the "human instrumentality project"

You, as a viewer are supposed to assume that Shinji, after Kaworu just lost his mind, and made a breakthrough where he finally was happy. It was always vague. You were given one sentence about human instrumentality, and a vague line about humanity being the last angel, and about "becoming one" and in the end, you assume that Shinji made it, and is now one.

The movie, finally adds the plot, and resolves it, IMO beautifully. It's what 25,26 should've been.
We get who Lillith was, we understand the entire plot, the christianity references start making sense, we know who adam is, we finally get rei, we get Asuka who has a a badass time, we understand the AT fields more spiritually, how the represent ego, and that we fundamentally as angels are imperfect and how we are all angels. We get a true ending to all important characters.

Of course, everything isn't solved but it's left to the viewer. One thing I never got was the Asuka and Shinji left at the orange lake at the end of the movie.

Has the 3rd impact happened, and the world is left with only them. Are they metaphorically Adam and Eve? Are all humans back? Did all the souls die? No more angels? What happened to them?

Also, why did Rei reject Gendo and assume the human instrumentality "for Shinji"? What for Shinji? And WHY was he given the CHOICE? Because he was the form of Adam? But didn't Rei get Adam's embryo from Gendo, and already begin instrumentality? Everyone already disintegrated?

And why did Asuka come back? Sure Shinji but why Asuka?

Eh...but everything else is fantastic.
>>
File: sailor.jpg (66KB, 561x679px) Image search: [Google]
sailor.jpg
66KB, 561x679px
>>161548892
>he needed the movie to understand the show

movie's good, but everything you needed was in the original run and you are just too stupid to see
>>
Better ending than EoE, in my opinion.
>>
>>161548234
Are you baiting? why is it trash
>>
>>161548953
Well I watched the Dub. They didn't explain Lillith, Kaworu mentions it once to refer to humans, they didn't give any presence of where Shinji was during 25-26, which does nothing but confuse any viewer. AT fields are not seen as ego, I watched it 4 times, not once did the translation say anything about the reason why humans are the 18th angel, which makes NO sense plot fuckin wise, until EoE explained it.
>>
>>161549235
it made perfect sense, dub or no, you were just too dumb to understand.

I hate this place. This must be what anno feels like every day. Probably why he hates his fans.
>>
>>161546251
>His problem was that he refused to change for himself and he did it for others instead.

Mmm I will take your word for it then.

So here is the question, why would you change yourself unless you want it?

What's the motivation of changing "for yourself"?

And are changes motivated by others "fake" or "invalid" changes?
>>
>>161549400
>People don't understand my genius/greatness/way of thinking without being told about it!!!

>They are so dumb!
>>
>>161550469
Youd wanna change yourself because you can always be better and get more out of life by bettering yourself
>>
>>161545919
The last 2 episodes were rushed and low on budget. You have to watch the movie, that's the proper ending.

It's a fairly pessimistic show regardless. No surprise that it's so popular in the anime community.
>>
>>161550535
if only there was a childrens tv show that beat you over the head with the message you could watch
>>
>>161545919
Gotta slow down those jap suicide rates somehow.

Eh really didn't bother me that much otherwise.
>>
File: nani.jpg (625KB, 1920x1468px) Image search: [Google]
nani.jpg
625KB, 1920x1468px
>>161549235
It's okay. The expo dump in EoE isn't like how a lot of people remember it.
>>
>>161545919
You missed the point entirely you fucking dunce
>>
Is there an anime creator's career more sad than Anno's? He could have used his talents to go on to make new and interesting series/movies, but instead bogged himself down with a pointless remake series.
>>
>>161553185
Summarize the point in 2 sentences max.
>>
>>161550676
This is the kind of thought process Evafags have.
>>
>>161548953
>but everything you needed was in the original run

Oh puhlease. You know that's fucking bullshit.
>>
>>161553878

Shinji overcame the hedgehog's dilemma.
>>
>>161545919
I thought the message was that people are faggots, but sometimes they are not faggots and that in itself is what makes the interaction with faggots worthwhile.
>>
>>161545919
If you want a real, in depth explanation of the message of the show other than "just be yourself", i recommend you to study some ancient stoicism.
Its an actual philosophical school and im quite sure Anno read about it during his depression days, as the message is extremely similar.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stoicism

It can grossly summed up as "accept the adversities in your life, dont fight fate, do the best to be a good person no matter what, and you eventually will find happiness"
>>
>>161554294
I'm sorry you're bad at watching cartoons.
>>
>>161555339
The message was that you see outside what is inside yourself.

Shin thought that the world sucks ass, but that was just his own feelings about his personal life projected onto the entire world. He was a boring, antisocial faggot who never developed a personality and just stared at the ceiling every day. That sucked. So he thought the entire world sucks and everyone is as shit as him. His dad literally the same thing.

The entire cast of Evangelion has the emotional maturity and depth of a toddler.
>>
>>161560520
You mean like most human?
>>
>>161555267
In the movie he didn't seem to.
>>
>>161545919
I guess some people are just born brain dead.
>>
>>161560575
Yep. Humans are truly a pathetic species.
>>
>>161560663
>*tips hat*
>>
>>161545919
Well it actually is a big deal y'know.
Do your thing without being a dick and things should at least be "meh" or "ok"
>>
>>161561167
Go pray to your imaginary friend in the sky
>>
>>161545919
>what is EoE?
>>
>>161561660
yah man, i wish i could meet some intellectuals
>>
>People still dont know that they need to watch EoE instead of 25-26
>>
>>161549400
Okay, I might be too dumb then. Could you explain how that the last 3 episodes, after the Rei clone reveal, made as much sense as the movie?
>>
>>161564700
Whats there to get about episode 24? One of the angels was human shaped, shinji was desperate for love, things go south, seele can now start instrumentality
In episode 25 ritsuko explain very clearly what is instrumentality: all the souls merged. Some basic psychology here and there, its basically the entire cast in a large group therapy session. Misato is forced to face her own problems amd accept herself, asuka is forced to face her own problems and accept himself, shinji is forced to face his own problems and accept himself. His friends congratulate him for achieving that. The end

There is no need for detailing the ritual uzed to trigger instrumentality, or how seele killed everyone at NERV, those are small details in the big picture.
>>
>>161560663
Kaworu, please.
Will i have to behead you again?
>>
>>161566762
I get ep 24 my mistake. So just 25-26. Lemme read the rest of your comment.
>>
>>161566762
I guess you're right...so I did understand that. And actually would've agreed with you before.

But not for me personally...I can't stand a story that mentions plot arcs but never resolves them. Psychology I completely get, but plot-wise, 25-26 leaves out a bit. Lillith, AT=Ego of soul, Idea of us being Angel spawn, the christian imagery and plot making perfect sense now.

And even then personally, they spent way to long on the psychology of Shinji, when it can be boiled down to a paragraph at least. EOE spent the right amount of time on Shinji
>>
>>161560631
He did whe he stopped choking Asuka in the final scene.
>>
Sometimes it's realizing a simple thing that seems like a great revelation.
>>
>>161560520
Not everyone can be as mature as you, anon.
>>
>>161546251
I agree with A but the problem is that Shinji's "revelation" is also treated as a revelation by the narrative. The narrative is completely stuck in Shinji's personal perspective.
As for B it's just an awfully simplified platitude that effectively means nothing which is also a reflection of the above point.

>>161555673
>accept the adversities in your life, don't fight fate, do the best to be a good person no matter what, and you eventually will find happiness
How does that significantly differ from "be yourself"?

Why are Evafags so mad when you tell them that the show is about "being yourself" and feel the need to insist that you just don't "get it". What exactly do you think that "be yourself" means?
>>
>>161545981
>turned into tang
kek
>>
>>161569979
>be yourself
In stoicism, you need yo live a moral and prodictive life. So if your "be yourself" actually means either being evil, or a total hiki, then you are wasting your life.
You need to be yourself in a certain zone of normality.
>>
>>161572223
If your "be yourself" actually means either being evil, or a total hiki (assuming either of those are possible), then you would be unhappy to be anything else and thus you wouldn't live a very productive life.
With the stoics living a moral life doesn't necessarily equate being a "good person" as traditionally understood but living according to certain principles.
Also I don't agree that Eva preaches stoicism in any way. This is completely absurd. It's purely existentialist.
>>
I thought the final two episodes worked great. Plebs just wanted some big mecha battle with ham drama, not understanding this is a psychological show.
>>
>>161545919
Few people know, EVA production was a nightmare, the episodes were written on the improvisation, and the money was poorly spent and finished before the end, and still had a terrorist attack that paralyzed Tokyo in the last few episodes. This final shit was all they got simply because they were under contract
>>
Is that coral reefs?
>>
>>161566810
Kaworu was the biggest humanfag out there, retard.
>>
>>161545919
So you needed to watch all 24 episodes to understand that this was a shit show.
Congrats, anon.
>>
File: C7Bla6iVsAA1V_I.jpg large.jpg (55KB, 749x381px) Image search: [Google]
C7Bla6iVsAA1V_I.jpg large.jpg
55KB, 749x381px
one day every weeb will be dead and I won't have to listen to stupid fucking eva discussions ever again. thank you god.
>>
File: 1481476321806.jpg (32KB, 583x335px) Image search: [Google]
1481476321806.jpg
32KB, 583x335px
You know, I rewatched this movie (for like the 20th time) last weekend as part of a "pre-eclipse" party, and was mad all over again at the last 20 minutes.

Come to think of it, I have a very similar feeling about the ending of 2001 to the one about the end of Eva. Why would Kubrick and Anno spend 90% of the time building up an interesting story, only to destroy it in the end with some bullshit about "muh inner power" or "hurrr existence is cyclical" or whatever? What the fuck were they thinking when they decided that this was a good idea?
>>
Opinions on the rebuilds being sequels?
>>
>>161579448
Unfortunate truth.
Thread posts: 64
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.