[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Grave of the Fireflies is one of the worst, most manipulative

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 3

File: Emotional Exposition.webm (2MB, 730x410px) Image search: [Google]
Emotional Exposition.webm
2MB, 730x410px
Grave of the Fireflies is one of the worst, most manipulative movies of all time.
In saying that, there is no better retard detector. Anyone who says they cried, or that people 'missed the point', automatically qualify as complete morons.
>>
You can cry to Shawshank (not real) but you can't to animation. Who brought about this standard?
>>
>>161528109
So what was the point anon? I saw it as a tragic tale of two war orphans trying to survive in a callus and uncaring environment.
>>
>>161528109
how long do you plan on repeating this?
>>
>>161528434
and you missed the point of the movie.
The real purpose of the movie was to goad younger japanese audiences, who didn't experience the war, into feeling guilty for their parents.
If you can't see anything wrong in a motive like that, you're not terribly smart.
>>
>>161528530
What's wrong with that? At that time the young generation was growing up during an economic boom and had it the best of any Japanese generation ever. Remembering your history and honouring your grandparents and parents is a good thing.
>>
>>161528530
And how did you deduce that? War is a horrible affair, but I am not seeing where you draw your conclusion. How is it suppose to make people feel guilty for their parent's actions? The war orphans were in a shitty situation that they made worse through poor choices.
>>
>>161528109
Stop.
>>
This was beautified shotacon of the most disgusting kind.
>>
File: 1502083625886.jpg (73KB, 674x499px) Image search: [Google]
1502083625886.jpg
73KB, 674x499px
>>161528109
>>
>>161528530
I always thought of it as propaganda to portray the japanese as victims in world war II.
>>
https://desuarchive.org/a/search/image/rCJxISkp83RvZwpeb78txg/
Is it autism?
>>
File: 85149-slokum.jpg (331KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
85149-slokum.jpg
331KB, 1920x1080px
>teleports above you
>>
>>161528939
You're a dumb person, sadly.
>>
>>161528655
The director literally said "Grave of the Fireflies is NOT an anti-war film" - there's no way to interpret that other than literally.
If they were simply telling a tragic story about two war orphans, what was the point of the scene at the end, where the ghosts of the characters looking at modern japan at the end? Why did the main character break the fourth wall by looking directly into the camera? What about the scene with all the affluent, happy go lucky young people, relieved to find that all their stuff had survived a bombing? After the montage of Setsuko doing little girl things?
It's blatantly obvious the director had dubious motives when making this film. He didn't want to tell a tragic tale, he wanted to provoke guilt.
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.