[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is it just me or did Death Note turn in to complete shit halfway

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 5

File: deathnote.jpg (204KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
deathnote.jpg
204KB, 1280x720px
Is it just me or did Death Note turn in to complete shit halfway through? I started this series less than a week ago and was in love, but now I can't even sit through 5 minutes of it without getting pissed at how unbelievably bad the writing has gotten and how bland and uninspired the recently added characters have been. I mean if you're going to get rid of a good character, why not replace him with a character that isn't the exact same thing but less interesting?
>>
Yes.

L dying was a down grade.
>>
>>161515974
Light and L cat and mouse were the best, yeah. Near and Mello were pretty awful
>>
Near and Mello are pleb filter
>>
I liked N and M, but the general consensus is they sucked ass, so you're in the clear
>>
>>161516000
Mello is shadow the hedgehog of death note
>>
File: Boring.jpg (140KB, 600x512px) Image search: [Google]
Boring.jpg
140KB, 600x512px
Just look at this queer. You expect me to enjoy a show what an antagonist as lame as this? Fuckin' japs man, everytime they have something that even resembles being cool they ruin it. always.
>>
>>161515974
everybody knows death note ends when L dies. real niggas stop there and don't look back.
>>
>>161515974
yes everyone agrees
>>
>>161515974
You haven't watched more than 5 anime, have you?
>>
I just watched it this week and stopped when L died. Could just tell it'd turn to shit afterwards.
The memory loss/regaining that memory was a mistake.
>>
>>161518715
Babies first anime
>>
>>161515974
Everybody and their grandma knows it turns to shit after L's death.
Especially Near ruins it later.
>>
>>161515974
It's probably the only manga where practically everybody in the world agrees that everything after L's death is shit
>>
File: 1501174375066.jpg (33KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
1501174375066.jpg
33KB, 480x360px
>>161515974
Oh really ? I've started it at the same time and I'm already ready to drop it due to how conveniently the whole world acts in Light favor.
>Detective having classified info inside his household computer
>Detective's son able to "hack without any trace" like it exists, with no explanation for something almost as unbelievable as the Death Note itself
>Ryuk acting all "I'm not your buddy pal" but warns Light he's under investigation, saving his ass
>FBI jobber incapable of thinking Light spending so much time in his room is somewhat suspicious for a not-geek
>FBI gives out his identity to gain a highschooler's trust in order to handle one puny busjacker
>FBI jobber unable to realize maybe giving his identity to Light (under investigation) means that if he were to die, Light is 100% Kira
>FBI jobber actually shut his clever wife up when she realizes he ruined it all by revealing himself to his suspect
>FBI jobber is so afraid of death he's ready to jeopardize the investigation on the non-existent chance Kira would spare his life
>FBI jobber follows blindly Light's braindead plan without outsmarting him which is fucking stupid considering he's goddamn FBI and Light's a 17yo edgelord
>FBI consents to write down the names, and send the file without attempting to write false names, send a warning signal or anything
>When FBIjobber's wife connects the dots and sees how obvious the busjacking was a trap, Light conveniently meets her at the police station
>Wife suddenly catches the jobber syndrome and spills the bean to the little faggot her husband(fiance I know but fuck off) died investigating, knowing fully the police team's families are considered suspicious.
>Ryuzaki alternates between genius-level profiling and being a dumb faggot refusing to use tracers, microphones, cameras, interrogations etc
>Everyone treating Kira as a special murderer instead of as the worst threat to humanity ever faced.
I still haven't cooled off enough to continue watching.
>>
Bringing in Mello and Near woudln't have been necessary if L didn't fail miserably.
Also Misa is the single worst character in the whole series.
>>
The series' quality died with L's death. I don't know who the hell thought Near and Mello replacing L was a good idea
>>
>>161522950
They did the job catching Light.
>>
>>161521714
Oh come the fuck on. Not a single one of these Death Note fans able to defend such bullshit ?
>>
>>161520824
On that note: What anime do newfags watch these days?

Death Note seems like an obvious one. SAO? Steins;Gate?
>>
>>161521714
>>161525322
You're right so there's nothing to defend, it's good because of the drama and the chemistry between Light and L rather than because the detective games are of any quality or logic

The only one I have a problem with is
>Everyone treating Kira as a special murderer instead of as the worst threat to humanity ever faced.
which is something deliberate to L's strategy eg L deliberately treats Kira just as a murderer to take the mystique away from him because it's L that's going to be justice, not Kira that doesn't last
>>
File: 1501677395719.png (431KB, 640x478px) Image search: [Google]
1501677395719.png
431KB, 640x478px
>>161526686
Okay thanks. I'll heed your advice and stop treating it as a detective story and more as a drama shonen.
Have this reaction image I hope you like it.
>>
>>161521142
This. It's a fairly standard conception.
>>
This is a roundabout way of making a troll thread.
Thread posts: 24
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.