[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How come pic related never got a dub? I can understand it not

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 2

File: legend-of-galatic-heroes.jpg (404KB, 1844x1794px) Image search: [Google]
legend-of-galatic-heroes.jpg
404KB, 1844x1794px
How come pic related never got a dub? I can understand it not being a top priority for a major studio, but c'mon, nobody? It's right there, ripe for the picking. The most stupid, inane bullshit shows get dubs but this never does?
>>
>>161503731
Nobody wants to pick it up because it's neither good entertainment nor good intellectual stimulus. It's garbage in every aspect.
>>
>>161503920
I mean it's not that bad. Especially when there's mountains of worse stuff that gets picked up.
>>
>>161503731
>dubs
Fuck off.
>>
>>161503731
Too many characters.
>>
Who cares about a dub the bigger tragedy is the fact that the anime has never gotten any kind of official release in North America.
>>
>>161503975
That too
>>
>>161503947
The mountains of stuff have entertaining qualities, either good visuals or writing that sets up charismatic characters on a fun adventure. I don't really get the whole obsession with this show and its sophistic ramblings over poor representations of early modern politics and boring art.
>>
>>161504006
Your criticism is basically that you think it's too dry. That's fair if you prefer something more colorful and lively, but I disagree that the writing or the characters are bad. I actually really like the visuals.
>>
>>161504163
My criticism is more of it not being able to do what it sets out to do, or having no direction in general. Again, non-serious shows that get dubs like Panty and Stocking and Cowboy Bebop that get followings know they're entertainment, and that's what they strive to do well, with enough style and grace to be memorable and stand out. They focus on their strong points. LoGH seems to have its goal set out to be an intelligent space epic, yet for an epic it sure as hell is a snorefest, and it's about as intelligent as you and friend after you've smashed a bottle of whisky with him and decide to talk politics. It's a show with no real strong points to make it a cult classic besides the few people who want to say they like anime but also want to cling to something that they can feel makes them look sophisticated. Yet the novels on which the show is based are far, far from that.
>>
>>161504333
That's a fair criticism, thanks for going more into detail at least. I'll need to check out the novels.
>>
>>161503731
Dubs are made for idiots. The only groups that need them are small children and people with vision problems, but they aren't many enough. You can debate all you like whether LOGH is actually good or not, but in any case it's not a big enough retard magnet to justify dubs.
>>
>>161503731
>How come pic related never got a dub?
Because the people interested in the series would assemble to murder the people responsible for the dub.
It would be a waste of money for something absolutely no one wants.

>>161503975
>the fact that the anime has never gotten any kind of official release in North America.
That is a tragedy, but my general impression is that Americans absolutely dislike any sort of implication that democracy may have its flaws, and LoGH is rich in those.
>>
You know what LOGH needs?

A full British Dub cast. Like an ultra posh dub cast. That would be legit.
>>
OP, learn to read while watching.
Idiot.
>>
>>161503731
>How come pic related never got a dub?
It did.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AH_UalbaFmQ
>>
>>161506190
Are you retarded? There simply wasn't a market for it. The Japanese company that owns the rights floated a trial balloon to see if there was enough interest here in the States and there wasn't. Implying Americans dislike entertainment about the flaws in the democratic process is something a 15 year old who just finished reading Das Capital would write.
>>
>>161506946
Absolutely disgusting.
>>
>>161506279
English for the FPA and German for the Empire, or I walk.
>>
it would be horrendously expensive. extremely long, lots of dialogue, lots of characters, not enough interest.
>>
Too long, too many characters, and too much effort needed. Also considering its subject matter, giving it a modern dub would likely draw too much ire and outrage from echo chamber rerards
>>
>>161503920
>not a good intellectual stimulus
I can respect that
>not a good entertainment
Okay, admit it you're shitposting here.
There is no such thing as good or bad "entertainment". You can say LOGH is a badly written anime or something blahblah, but the fact that you were saying that nobody wants to pick it up because it's not a good entertainment is retarded and childish. Your argument about panty stocking and bebop is ludicrous. Entertainment "qualities"? Oh give me a fucking break. "ENTERTAINMENT" is subjective, there's no such thing as good or bad only like it or not like it. Watching leaves falling from the tree is still an entertainment as long as you enjoy it, staring at wall is another form of entertainment as long as you're able to enjoy it, etc.
Entertainment is not something you see as "quality", entertainment is something that people enjoy, something that able to give you sparkling in your heart. Just because LoGH doesn't stimulate sparkling in your heart since i don't know maybe you're too pretentious i don't care, doesn't mean LoGH doesn't deserve to be picked up. You were trying to look intellectual with your criticism but you actually looked biased and angry.
>>
>>161507057
It's good but it doesn't do justice to Reinharts hair, someone give him a flowing mane
>>
>>161503731
I don't think there's enough VAs working in the industry to dub every single character
Thread posts: 24
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.