[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why does /a/ hate this man?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 138
Thread images: 9

>>
/a/ hates the normalfag weeb community that decided to turn him into a meme for no reason.
>>
Success breeds jealousy
>>
One must hate someone, anon. Human nature
>>
>>161496068
He speaks the truth.
>>
Because he succeeded in the industry and has the insight and experience to critique everything that they love in a manner thats unassailable by industry outsiders.

Can't beat the idea, hate the man.
>>
File: Yakuza Money.png (293KB, 640x662px) Image search: [Google]
Yakuza Money.png
293KB, 640x662px
>>161496068
>>
>>161496068

he just makes pretentious films that normalfaggots enjoy. To be honest, I don't hate him at all. Just his tryhard audience that think they're above anime. It extends to the Monogatari audience too.
>>
>>161496264
>pretentious films
what
>>
He makes family-friendly content and shits on non-family content because he is too bored.
>>
>>161496068
He hates the status quo of Anime right now. Hell mods delete threads if you dare to criticize moe shit and other garbage in the industry.
>>
>>161496264
>pretentious films
Elaborate
>>
>>161496264
T.Pleb brainlet
>>
He's the sort of man that would suck all fun and joy out of everything that crosses his path if it doesn't fit his exact specifications of what is acceptable.

Truly the worst type of man. That he has made good movies doesn't excuse his horrid personality.
>>
>>161496068
Because hes right.
>>
Based Anime Kinographer.
He BTFO'd fat otaku virgins. Take a guess why it bothers /a/.
>>
I don't hate him. I just dislike his movies.

>>161496307
He's also a pedo. There's no reason for me to watch any of his commercial trash. It's just boring. I'm not a child so I don't really understand why people talk about his movies on here.
>>
>>161496068
Memes. The majority of what half of /a/ who hate him credit him with thinking is based on nothing but misinformation.
>>
>>161496365
>He hates the status quo of Anime right now
Also this he's a god damn hypocrite. All his movies are literally the same yet pretends to 'hate the status quo'
>>
>>161496068
Way too good
>>
>>161496590
>I'm not a child so I don't really understand why people talk about his movies on here.
A vast majority of the shows /a/ talks about have children as a sizable, if not majority, demographic.

>>161496624
>All his movies are literally the same yet pretends to 'hate the status quo'

What? I feel like Miyazaki is definitely overrated relative to others in the industry who are just as good if not better but his style is pretty unique compared to just about any seasonal shit.
>>
>>161496701
>but it's unique
It's not 'unique' all his movies are the same.

>>161496701
>a vast majority of shows
You couldn't be more wrong. Continue watching literal children's movies though. Nobody is stopping you from eating baby food and shitting in your diaper either.
>>
>>161496701
The funny thing is his films are generally thematically and creatively far more mature than any of the shows that poster would consider "adult". He is the same guy that shows up in ever Miyazaki thread thinking that calling something for children is an insult.
>>
>>161496068
Eyebrows
>>
>>161496831
>The funny thing is his films are generally thematically and creatively far more mature
The things you people come up with to justify watching LITERAL disney children's movies gets my noggin jogging.
>>
>>161496831
>thinking that calling something for children is an insult.

It's probably the easiest way to feign maturity so you can't blame him.
>>
Learn about the dark legend that surrounds the Totoro movie.

If it's true then he is probably a very bad person.
>>
I dont even watched any of his movies, but he said a lot of wise things.
>>
>>161496918
Literal Disney children's movies are generally far more creatively and thematically mature than your average late night seasonal anime.
>>
>>161496925
Right. Just a minute. Gotta put some babyfood in the microwave while I refresh my diaper while I /t/orrent the latest /mlp/ season.
>>
>claims to despise people who like little girls
>later we find out he himself likes little girls

And people wonder why he's hated.
>>
>>161496068
I actually don't even know. The man acts like almost every other elder out there; cranky, bitter, tired, and wanting the familiar past back.
>>
>>161496983
Nope

>>161496991
He's making his livelihood of it though. He's also a 'feminist'. Gotta love the guy.
>>
>>161497035
Yep.
>>
>>161496991
Was there a real source for that?
>>
>>161496762
>You couldn't be more wrong
Yeah, he should have said for man children.
>>
>people actually thinking the disney children movies they watch have depth

>>161497129
I'm not watching children's movies though. I do think we know who the manchildren are itt.
>>
>>161496068
a) contrarianism
b) he rightfully criticizes the garbage they watch and their shit lifestyles
c) he doesn't put tits and ass in his movies for them to cum to
>>
>>161496068
In my experience most of the hate just comes from misconception, like if you actually read the things the guy says so little of the "anime hating old man" persona shows up you have to wonder if it's all born from that fake quote that went viral.
>>
>>161497119
Watch a single one of his movies and try to count all the sexualized girls. Then count how many of them are about 5 years old. If your answer is 100% I think that suffices as proof.

>>161497181
Literally all three of your statements are wrong.
>>
>>161497119
A dubious magazine article with a dubious quote from person saying they once heard Miyazaki drunkenly shout something.
>>
File: 6beb6e.jpg (262KB, 850x997px) Image search: [Google]
6beb6e.jpg
262KB, 850x997px
>>161496068
He's alright, has excellent taste in loli and all of his girls are cute and sexy, I loved every single panty shot. Kiki is the cutest, and was the childhood crush of a whole generation, me included.
>>
>>161497202
Show me one single image of a 5 year old girl being sexualised in his movies.
>>
>>161497202
>all the sexualized girls
Huh? At most, the bloomers show.
>>
>>161497202
You have gotta be fucked in the head to interpret anything in his movies as sexualization
>>
>>161496068
He killed anime
>>
I don't hate him, but I do hate the huge community that constantly shitposts with his quotes and images, you know "ANIME WAS A MISTAKE xD," "lol anime is trash and I am too" etc.
>>
>>161497243
If you are a normalfag and don't understand the moe behind the scene, you are just call the scene innocent and pure, which is not wrong at all, there's literally nothing wrong with cutelewd loli.
>>
>>161497243
I don't watch his movies.

>>161497286
Why do you watch children's movies and have the audacity to call adult males watching more complex cartoons children? I just don't understand.

>>161497314
Yeah because those scenes are necessary for the movie. And they totally do not present a running theme throughout his flicks.
>>
>>161496101
/a/ hates anything that tries to be more than moeshit and brainless action.
>>
>>161497358
Every anime ever made is basically a kids cartoon. No need to act so high and mighty just because you watch cartoons aimed at slightly older kids.
>>
>>161496264
they're not really pretentious but his fans are, and you're spot on about their attitude

1:30 is the average miyazaki fan
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lG2dXobAXLI
>>
>>161496068
He critiques the anime industry for it's unethical business practices, artists in the industry for not working hard enough to produce high quality masterpieces, and the audience for consuming such low quality works. Before anyone says anything, no Dragonball, One Piece, and Gundam doesn't past Miyazaki's test because despite their iconic status, they are merchandise driven and mass produced commercialized products with no heart or message in their stories.
>>
>>161497358
>Why do you watch children's movies and have the audacity to call adult males watching more complex cartoons children? I just don't understand.
Why are you taking it so personally? It's all just anime at the end of the day.
>>
>>161497365
>reee moeshit
and that's why /a/ hates fans like you, every single normalfag fan of Ghibli movies acts like acondescending retard. Miyasaki girls are increndibly moe, every otaku that loves cute young girls enjoy his movies.
>>
>>161497358
>I don't watch his movies
>but I will critique them anyway
4chan in a nut shell
>>
>>161497458
I wonder what's Miyazaki's opinion on One Piece manga as manga artist, not anime director.
>>
File: 1490862181030.jpg (115KB, 797x773px) Image search: [Google]
1490862181030.jpg
115KB, 797x773px
Why do you people continue to argue with the guy who admits he doesn't watch Miyazaki movies?
>>
>>161497408
>every anime is for kids
Why do people like you even post. Just because all YOU do is watch Children's movies. For LITERAL children doesn't mean every anime is for kids.

>>161497520
I'm not taking it personally. Notice how I'm talking in the third person? I'm just saying you said something stupid and I asked if you realized that
>>
>>161497440
Well normalfags don't usually watch 100+ anime, so when they see Miyazaki and compare it with something like Bleach or shonen then it's understandable they would prefer Miyazaki.
>>
>>161497587
Huh? I can't critique his movies because I haven't seen every damn frame of every damn movie of his? They're all the same. They're dull, propaganda, feature boring conflicts, all are the same shitty commercialized trash. They're poorly written. Just boring to watch. Why wouldn't I be allowed to critique them?
>>
>>161497604
Too many people on this site have a disorder that prevents them from not rabidly leaping into an argument when the chance arises, no matter how pointless
>>
>>161497661
You can critique whatever you want but don't expect people to take you seriously if you haven't even seen what you're critiquing.
>>
File: fd70a80da73fbaa7a581f39e00261a4a.jpg (682KB, 724x1053px) Image search: [Google]
fd70a80da73fbaa7a581f39e00261a4a.jpg
682KB, 724x1053px
>>161497240
Kiki is a miracle.
>>
>>161497620
Anime doesn't magically get better the deeper you delve.

He remains preferable at 1000+.
>>
He is to anime, same as jack thompson is to video games
>>
>>161497830
Shitty analogy which is exactly what you'd expect from a /v/tard
>>
>>161497620
I think he compares favourably to almost everything though.
>>
>>161497599
I honestly have no idea and gonna guess that's it's going to be negative since Oda's work is too juvenile for his taste. He wants anime to be more upscale and classy like Lupin.
>>
>>161497535
Yeah, but some moe doesn't mean that 90% of the anime should be about cute girls doing nothing and shitty harem with a bunch of bitches sucking a beta's cock.
>>
>>161497904
Lupin and the gang are better than Luffy and the strawhats desu.
>>
oh, this thread is indeed making me hate Miyazaki by association, both people that are fanatic for him and hate him are retarded
>>
>>161497710
So you're saying I need to have seen every frame of every movie of his? I'm sure you've missed quite a few by merely blinking
>>
>>161497757
>>161497884
I agree, but I do think anime gets better the deeper someone goes, to an extent. The deepest thing a casualfag may ever be exposed to is re;zero - flavor of the year. They'll probably never bother getting to something like Kino or NHK.
>>
>>161497904
Classy like Lupin? You mean the original Monkey Punch Lupin or the anime neutered one? Anyway, disregarding One Piece for being juvenile is juvenile on its own, so I don't find this guess satisfactory.
>>
>>161497964
Good thing I just dislike his movies and don't hate the actual guy. If I had a daughter and lived in Japan I would probably more wary of the guy but I heard he takes boat-trips to fulfill his sexual deviancies in places where it's legal so even then it wouldn't bother me too much.
>>
>>161498079
I'm a normie and I've seen both of those, dig deeper if you want to make your taste seem exclusive.
>inb4 he cites Angel's Egg
>>
>>161498079
You think Kino's Journey or Welcome to the NHK can even hold a candle to one of Miyazaki's movies?
>>
>>161498079
>NHK
>deep
Even Bleach is deeper than that. But I think it's safe to say that people shitting on Bleach and comparing it Miyazaki are retarded to begin with. They watch Miyazaki after all.
>>
File: miudown.jpg (50KB, 768x432px) Image search: [Google]
miudown.jpg
50KB, 768x432px
>>161497915
Yes anon, because every anime that you don't like is exactly like what you described. Thanks for more generalization, you don't sound like an asshat at all.

As someone that loves the lighthearted nature of his work and understands that a story don't need to be "mature" or pretentiously deep to be good, I will never understand people like you, since it's pretty much because of these movies that I learned to enjoy slife-of-life and light comedy.
>>
>>161498128
>pretending Miyazaki movies are lit
>>
>>161498128
I'd argue Kino's Journey as a whole does, definitely.
>>161498134
I'm saying it's said 'better' not 'deeper'. It's only deeper in it's relative obscurity.
>>
>>161498127
Well most normies haven't. And if degree of exclusivity were a determinant for what's better then we would end up like most of /mu/.
>>
>>161498250
I won't press you but that's a pretty out there take. Didn't realize people rated Kino that highly. To each their own I guess.
>>
>>161498089
Just because One Piece is popular with the general audience, it doesn't automatically mean that Miyazaki will like it. He'll hate it for the same reason he hated Gundam: It's mass produced and consumer driven.
>>
>>161498250
>children's movies you can't differentiate from eachother are better than Bleach
Never in a million years old man.
>>
>>161498498
Doesn't Lupin have like a raped lady in the first episode? I couldn't really watch past the first 3 episodes. It was so poorly written it had to be for children. But then there were tits so I was just confused. Isn't it safe to say Miyazaki doesn't actually watch any anime and he just talks shit about them?
>>
>>161498557
I like Bleach and all, but it became the standard shonen once Kubo started the SS arc and then it went downhill from there.
>>
>>161496068
Because he hates what /a/ loves: otaku pandering
>>
>>161498600
Bleach is not perfect by any means. But it sure as hell is better than any Miyazaki movie.
>>
>>161498557
>children's movies you can't differentiate from eachother
That's quite a reduction, man. Have you even watched them?
>>
>>161498498
That's the thing: I'm not talking about anime, which I'm sure he would despise, but the manga. He should be able to relate, having written and drawn a number of stories. And even then, I don't think his opinion on it would be a binary like/don't like scenario. Let's not forget his movies had more or less the same target audience.
>>
>>161498493
>Didn't realize people rated Kino that highly.
If you'd been around here more than a week you would have.
>>
>>161498667
Why do you hate his movies so much, anon? Other than they're 'boring' or 'political'.
>>
>>161496068
The encapsulation of "Old man yells at cloud"
>>
>>161498670
What I meant to say was, I didn't realize people had such astonishingly shitty taste that they could mention the garish, aesthetic abortion of introductory level philosophy that is Kino's Journey in the same breath as one of Japan's greatest filmmakers. They're not even comparable. Next you'll compare, what, Game of Thrones with Orson Welles?
>>
>>161498663
>Bleach is not perfect by any means. But it sure as hell is better than any Miyazaki movie.
Disagree.
>>
>>161498667
They're literally all the same. They do nothing to break the status quo, they're all commercialized disneyfied movies for literal children. Any actual arguments or no?
>>
>>161498948
I didn't ask for a child to agree with me. You watch your children's movies while eating your baby food and soiling your diaper. In a decade or so you might finally comprehend bleach.
>>
Because he made actual good animes with a well scripted story and nice animations.
All /a/ cares about are lolis and shitty ecchi clishees with a poor story.
>>
>>161498918
I seriously hope you don't think Miyazaki is respected by any adult that watches and makes movies worth watching. Miyazaki is the normie trash you pretend you are above. Miyazaki is the disney.
>>
>>161498918
>garish, aesthetic abortion of introductory level philosophy
That's a little harsh. I would say Miyazaki and KJ both have a great 'expression' of humanity and life, and I'd argue this is where most of KJ's strength is, not the blatant philosophizing. There are MANY anime that your insult could apply to, but I think it's inappropriate for KJ; I think you're missing out.
>>
File: 1487114045052.png (759KB, 720x522px) Image search: [Google]
1487114045052.png
759KB, 720x522px
>>161499039
>I didn't ask for a child to agree with me. You watch your children's movies while eating your baby food and soiling your diaper. In a decade or so you might finally comprehend bleach.
>>
>>161499132
You do you anon.
>>
>>161498598
Are you retarded? Miyazaki worked industry for many years. He just hates how commercialized and stagnant anime has become in recent years.

>>161498669
He would hate Oda for only working on one story for over a decade when he should've ended One Piece and started a new project. I'm pretty sure that Miyazaki wants manga artists to have different stories under their name to prove they can handle anything rather than specialize in one genre only.
>>
>>161499085
You mean like Akira Kurosawa?
>>
>>161499176
>in recent years
You mean since the 60s?
>>
>>161499176
>he's worked in the industry for many years
And did LITERALLY NOTHING to innovate this so called 'industry' he's responsible for Toei the worst animation studio in history. He's also responsible for a bunch of commercial children's movies that do nothing to innovate said criticized industry. Continue masturbating to him though.
>>
>>161499003
That's not a real complaint. A work of media can still follow a formula and G-rating and still be good. And they are certainly not the same, dude. There is an underlying idea of youth, nature and positivity, but there are plenty of variations in art, characterizations, themes and layout - a literal retard couldn't see this.
>>
>>161499404
>it's not a complaint because I say so
You're as much of a hypocrite as the old pedo you're defending
>>
>>161499176
>He would hate Oda for only working on one story for over a decade
Okay, that's something I could see him saying. But that would also be pretty ironic, seeing how most of Miyazaki's stories have the same theme and he covered relatively few genres in his works.
>>
80% contrarianism and r9k tier hand wringing about anime being a special lifestyle treehouse.

20% legit gripes about his films being (one of) the choices of closeminded 'anime is shit except...' people, but that's not his fault.
>>
>>161499431
Literally the only complaint you have is it's commercialized and for children. 'For children' means absolutely nothing as a complaint, and 'commercialized' is too broad to auto-trash something. Like I said, Miyazaki follows some basic formula's and ideas, but this does not mean he's making the equivalent of Avenger's sequels. I wonder if you're not just shitposting.
>>
>>161499395
I'm pretty sure that it's Tezuka who was responsible for a lot of the practices in anime we see today. Miyazaki's work is always high quality. As I pointed out, Miyazaki does criticize the industry. The problem is that the industry doesn't want to look outside of Japan for influences on their work, or perform a top down restructuring of their business practices so that it's up to date with 21st Century standards.
>>
>>161496762
>It's not 'unique' all his movies are the same.
All of his works may use the same style, but that doesnt mean the style itself isnt unique compared to other anime...
>>
>>161499655
>literally the only complaint you have is
Okay

>>161499690
You keep praising yourself old man.

>>161499703
>it's unique compared to other things
Even that is wrong. But you know that's not what unique means. He claims the industry isn't innovative yet did nothing himself to innovate said industry.
>>
>>161497661
>propaganda
huh?
>>
>>161499395
If Miyazaki was not innovative at all, then who would you say was?
>>
>>161499776
So you admit to be a shitposter or a retard?
>>
>>161499822

He thinks movies with good values and familiar messages are "propaganda", probably because he cannot accept that he is an abnormal/horrid person. Or he is just trolling hard.
>>
Because he created Jojo's Bizarre Adventure.
>>
>>161499776
>yet did nothing himself to innovate said industry
for someone who is considered by many to be one of the greatest animators of all time to not be innovative, you sure have pretty high standards anon
>>
>>161499039

You should drink some of that bleach.
>>
miyazaki is the typical pacifist humanitarian, i.e a misanthrope

that's the root of all his bad opinions
>>
>>161500324
Name one bad opinion
>>
>>161496068
Who the fuck is this /a/ person?
>>
>>161499851
I'm just calling him out on his hypocrisy.

>>161499876
okay

>>161500037
>but the industry circlejerks
Cute
>>
>>161500776
So his hypocrisy in your eyes is that he criticizes the lack of innovation in the industry, while not innovating in his own works?
>>
>>161501101
There's plenty else hypocritical about the man if it's any constellation in the sky.
>>
>>161496068
We don't. /a/ isn't a hivemind.
>>
>>161496068
He's a commie. Everything he says is wrong.
>>
>>161501192
>/a/ isn't a hivemind
sadly
>>
>>161501165
I think there a few things you could call him hypocritical for, but nothing I'd really fault him or anyone for that matter on.
>>
>>161496068
Contrarianism.

>>161497365
>>>/reddit/
>>
>>161501468
Well good thing you're not an authority.
>>
>>161496068
I don't hate him, in fact I like most of his movies to some degree, I just hate the cancerous fanbase that worships his word like the gospel truth.

and to be honest I've always hated hearing him and Ghibli being referred to as the "Japanese Disney". Most of Miyazaki's stuff doesn't hold a candle to Disney's work
>>
>>161502058
What has he said that you think isn't true?
>>
>>161496068
We don't like pedos here
Thread posts: 138
Thread images: 9

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.