[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What are your honest thoughts on Dragonball GT?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 127
Thread images: 24

File: GTChara2_(PerfectFiles).png (364KB, 500x570px) Image search: [Google]
GTChara2_(PerfectFiles).png
364KB, 500x570px
What are your honest thoughts on Dragonball GT?
>>
File: ass.png (118KB, 394x307px) Image search: [Google]
ass.png
118KB, 394x307px
>>
Im glad it exists because it allows me to remember that Super could always be so much worse and still enjoy it

space adventures with Pan and Trunks is a cool concept though I wish it wasn't botched
>>
The first 2 arcs were awesome
>>
>>161465705
Great soundtrack, wish Goku wasnt a kid most of the time.
>>
Awesome ost
>>
File: Dbgt11-03.png (254KB, 304x480px) Image search: [Google]
Dbgt11-03.png
254KB, 304x480px
>>161465733
Oh man, is it time?
>>
>>161465805
>>161465815
Does the dub have a different soundtrack or something? I'm watching it now and I can't stand the 90s rock. Feels too serious considering how light hearted the show is compared to Z
>>
People exaggerate when they speak badly. It was not so bad.
>>
Pan was a Semen Demon and the OST was god tier.

Personally, I just didn't like the Blackstar Dragon Ball arc and Goku's transformation into a kid was braindead. The remaining arcs though were a blast to watch and had much better ideas than Super for the most part.
>>
File: 1503326909010.png (672KB, 1600x1587px) Image search: [Google]
1503326909010.png
672KB, 1600x1587px
>>161465705
im going to finally watch it once super ends, which has been the worst 100+ eps of a thing i've ever seen.

dodged GT back then because goku being a kid again was kinda lame. like surely they could have thought of a different 3rd character to compliment trunks/pan.
>>
>>161465960
If it wasn't Goku, it would have been Uub.

Thank God it wasn't Uub.
>>
Better than Super but still trash
>>
It's pretty damn fun.
>>
>>161465733
Hottest Dragonball girl
>>
As a kid I watched it because it was more Dragon Ball (The same reason I still watch Super) and I enjoyed it at the time. I went to rewatch it and it really is not great. Early on It had a lot of good concepts just done terribly, but as it went on not even the concepts were good.

The Black Star Dragon Balls were good because it gave the main characters a need to actually find them again, rather than "LOL you died no prob we can just get the Dragon Balls off screen xD" it was "Fuck we actually will die if we don't get them AND theyre way further away than before". They were used as a better plot device than the regular Dragon Balls post Namek. Space Travel was Dragon Ballesque while still having Z level power scaling. However most of this was ruined by Goku time I felt like Pan and Trunks were reduced to just side gags after a while and Trunks post baby was almost non existent

The idea of Baby Vegeta was cool because we got to see Goku and Vegeta go at it again but the execution was retarded because GT made it a point to show how much stronger Goku had become since Z, putting him worlds above Vegeta the fact that he easily beats an opponent who he described as "even more powerful than Majin Buu" without even needing to go SS3. Then he proceeds to lose to Baby inside Vegeta, who should be much weaker than Goku.

Super 17 was just bad. I should not even need to say more than that other than seeing a few interesting moments like Vegeta killing Nappa again and Goku V Cell & Frieza in hell (Retarded but fun).

The Shadow Dragons or whatever the hell they were called was just GOKU TIME with some Pan. I still do not get how they could have been that strong despite being from Shenron who has been killed before, not to mention that they are technically Earth's second set of Dragon Balls.

Super is bad too. Retarded power scaling but it's done in a way that's fun.because it makes other characters besides Goku and the Bad guy have some time in the spotlight .
>>
Crappy shit that stink of turd.
>>
>>161465705
The color pallet is fucked. Way too much oranges, reds, pinks, and yellows.
>>
>>161465705
Why was it just these 3 again? Why couldn't Vegeta, Goten, or Gohan accompany them? What was the purpose of Uub if he literally did nothing?
>>
>>161466817
Goten was left behind on accident because pan is a dumb cunt
>>
>>161465705
Better than Super.
>>
>>161465705
DAN DAN KOKORO HIKARETEKU

this and Yu-gi-oh season 0's KAWAITA, SAKEBI DA are the tightest shit by the tightest band.
>>
>>161465705
Not canon.
>>
>>161465705

Turning goku into a kid was retarded as fuck, but other than that it was a decent show, and better than super was so far.
>>
>>161465705
It was pretty nonsensical. Having Goku be a child again made no sense on any level and only hampered the storywriting. It was only made worse when they gave up and had Super Saiyan 4 turn him into an adult. Parts of it feel like a love letter to what came before it, and there were a couple of things to enjoy (like Vegeta living something of an Earthling's life, and being willing to die to protect the Earth, calling it a second home) but it was Goku-centric to the point where nobody else really mattered. At the same time, it benefits from having a lot of the staff from Z's production, and we get some quality voice work from Horikawa and Masako at their prime, plus some genuinely great art direction (for the most part.) It's visually appealing, but the animation is very low quality. The music is some of the best in the entire franchise, and I guess that's the takeaway. All in all, I wouldn't watch it again, it's not good, but I do like some parts of it that I don't mind revisiting.
>>
>>161465733
This. The rest of GT can die in a fire for all I care.
>>
>>161465705
What does
>GT
stand for?
>Goku's Tiny?
>Grand Tour Grand Tour?
>Goku Time?
>>
>>161465705
Goku should've stayed an adult. It was the only thing I really found stupid about it.
>>
>>161468634
Grand Tour
>>
>>161468634
no one knows. Most accepted is Grand or Galactic Tour
>>
>>161465705
Not as bad as people say it is, but still really bad.
>>
File: toriyamaGT.jpg (69KB, 504x514px) Image search: [Google]
toriyamaGT.jpg
69KB, 504x514px
Reminder that these are canon
>>
It was really really bad, though I really liked the concept of SS4, it was a pretty original transformation for DB standards and I think it was nice that they sort of returned to Oozaru roots. Everything else was stupid though, especially how they handled Uub and the evil dragon balls or whatever; flawed from the very beginning, even worse than Super
>>
>>161468811
How are those canon?
>>
Better than super
>>
I thought the concept of Super Android 17 was amazing to be honest.

The way he went out was stupid as fuck though. But he was such a legit badass. He would've been unstoppable if not for the plot
>>
File: dbz_m8.png (359KB, 804x620px) Image search: [Google]
dbz_m8.png
359KB, 804x620px
>>161468811
>if Toriyama makes a design for something, it's canon
BROLY CONFIRMED CANON
>>
>>161466817
this always bothered me as well, especially since pan grew up to be a dumb slut
>>
>>161468968
if you give him boobs then he is canon
>>
File: GT.gif (4MB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
GT.gif
4MB, 480x360px
>>161465705
i still dont understand why people dont like it
>>
>>161469112
Bad villains, bad repetitive fights, barely being able to lift a building, massively unrealized potential with many characters.
>>
>>161465705
Better than Super and SS4 is better that that shitty recolor bullshit.
>>
File: hibiya_003.jpg (132KB, 2000x500px) Image search: [Google]
hibiya_003.jpg
132KB, 2000x500px
Black Star Dragon Balls:
>durr Kami made these
>'but dragon balls go inert when the creator dies'
>'lol shut up, anyway here's Pilaf. Remember Pilaf? He was in Dragon Ball!'
>btw goku is a kid now
>btw the earth explodes in 1 year
>btw poor attempt at recreating dragon ball
Baby
>'remember Plan to Eradicate the Saiyans?'
>'no?'
>'in that case I have a GREAT idea about a guy from planet Vegeta coming back to take revenge on the Saiyans. And we can make Vegeta the bad guy sorta again'
>'fund it'
>'btw Toriyama drew a furry Goku for us so I guess we gotta use him'
Super 17
>'remember Fusion Reborn?'
>'no?'
>'in that case I have a great way to bring back a lot of old characters for a few episodes!'
>'as long as you include two android 17s who are nigh invulnerable to Goku'
>'deal'
evil dragons
>'this show is called dragon ball, right'
>'yeah'
>'so what if.. the dragon balls were the bad guys!'
>'I love you, underpaid Toei writer. Go forth and make your visions reality. But make sure Vegeta gets the furry form and there's some fusion, because the kids will like that.'
End of GT
>'so uh the executives have told us to prevent any sequels'
>'guess we need Goku and the dragon balls to go away'
>'yeah just have them take off I guess'
>>
>>161469206
but you described super, anon
>>
File: images (4).jpg (13KB, 259x194px) Image search: [Google]
images (4).jpg
13KB, 259x194px
>It's all a big dream Pan is having after grandpa Goku told a young Pan stories of his adventures.

This fixes the show completely and explains away power inconsistencies, plot holes, even things as simple as Shenron being fuckhuge and red (Goku wasn't specific when describing the giant dragon named "Shenron"). When Goku says that Rildo is stronger than Buu, it's obvious the sleeping Pan either doesn't actually know how strong Buu was, or was making the big bad guy in her dream more powerful than the strongest villain Goku ever told her about.

This is the only acceptable headcanon.
>>
>>161469275
Yes super is also bad. What's your point?
>>
>>161468944
The designs was nice in a very 90s way, but the concept was horrible. 17 gets brainwashed remotely, fused with an evil copy and then unceremoniously killed off? I guess he was a minor character in the first place, but it's like they went out of their way to destroy his character.
>>
Promising in the first half with all the adventure, terrible when they tried to shift to Z style, with Baby and Super 17.
>>
>>161469513
Go away Paco, we're trying to have a civilized discussion.
>>
File: goku GT.png (1MB, 844x1600px) Image search: [Google]
goku GT.png
1MB, 844x1600px
i liked it but it has problems. but you'd be a fool to think DB doesn't. its just GT doesn't spice things up and its pretty much all the z arcs cut down to a smaller episode count and the villains have different names.

imo GT Goku has best gi.
>>
>>161468634
Garbage Tier
>>
>>161466506
Super is the worst aspects of Dragon Ball that people liked. GT is the worst aspects of Dragon Ball.
>>
>>161465705
Liked it, remember I only started to really like by Baby arc.

Still prefer Super. Loved the Black arc
>>
When does the movie make most sense to watch?
>>
It would be better if Goku wasn't a kid all the time. Turning back to Adult Goku could have been a great idea after searching the black dballs.
>>
For me is canon and super doesnt exist
>>
>>161468546
>Having Goku be a child again made no sense on any level
It was so Goku couldn't just 1 shot everyone, gave Trunks and Pan an opportunity to actually do things, and to give it more of an original DragonBall adventure type feel. But they dropped that idea like a rock and just went straight back to crazy power levels and dumb transformations for Goku.
>>
>>161465705
opening is great, concept is great, execution is kinda eh
>>
>>161465705
So far it seem better than Super except for retarded kid Goku. I love the opening song very much. Someone post it
>>
>>161470920
first op was catchy as fuck
show was shit, but I think it is still better than super
>>
>>161465705
it was bad, but not that bad.
>>
>>161465705
Bad. Music is good, Pan is cute.

>>161465733
Good lord.
>>
File: latest[1].png (35KB, 428x568px) Image search: [Google]
latest[1].png
35KB, 428x568px
Bulpan is better
>>
https://youtu.be/cOSZqFf-dUY

Dan Dan is so good.
>>
Honest to God my favorite OP. Not only in Dragonball, but anime as a whole.

https://youtu.be/gyu-P1-h5FM

Specifically this version. Make fun of me if you want to, it's still better than the jp singer
>>
>>161471390
I keep remembering Dan Dan as a song by a Japanese female singer/band. But it was actually by a male band. Has my mind fucked up?
>>
>>161465705
Better premise than super, terrible execution.
>>
>>161471681
It's been covered a lot of times.
>>
>>161468811

why did they all become dwarves in GT ?
>>
>>161469112
Because Goku was a kid and his tiny body restrained his full power not to mention he just relied on super saiyan 4 because of how irrelevant ssj, ssj2 and ssj3 were and Goten was just left behind
like usual
>>
Great ideas and designs but horrible executions.
>Black star Dragon Balls
There was alot of plotholes in Z but these were just a massive one. I don't even wanna explain how much these don't work with normal canon
>Baby
A honestly great idea that was ruined because it felt dull after a few episodes. The Idea of Super Saiyan 4 being the mastered super saiyan Ape form was a great idea but couldve been better. and Vegeta's SSJ4 transformation is still the biggest and dumbest power asspull in this series canon or not
>Super 17
Just does not work. It's basically Cell reused but with one less android.
>Shadow Dragons
Once again a good idea with terrible execution. The Negative energy from the Dragon balls could've been a great Arc but they shouldn't have been the Final Boss of the series.

Overall the series had alot of Potential but only to be wasted.
>>
>>161470129

You mean a Hero's Legacy?

In the middle of the last episode. Around the halfway point, Goku goes to sleep while on his ride. Pause the episode, watch a Hero's Legacy. Once that's done, go ahead and finish the episode.
>>
>>161471936
Really? What is it, a dream or something?
>>
>>161471930
Super Android 17 was so stupid. Like we are supposed to believe that 17+18+Cell=BTFO by SSJ Teen Gohan yet 17+17=Godlike power. What are they thinking?
>>
>>161471584
Okay, that takes me back a little.
>>
Why was the soundtrack so good?
>>
GT rap or One Piece rap? I can't decide which I love most.
>>
>>161472094
One Piece for sure.

I used to have it on my mp3 player as a kid.
>>
>>161472029
I dunno, maybe fusion principles? In fusion it's the power of one times the other, so 17x17>17+17
>>
File: baby vegeta bulma.png (394KB, 477x664px) Image search: [Google]
baby vegeta bulma.png
394KB, 477x664px
Baby Vegeta is an incredibly memorable design just because of how weird it is.
>>
>>161472029
It was basically just a cheap way to use android 17 with lazy writing.
>>
>>161465705

I remember loving the character designs, even super 17. Overall meh though.
>>
Boring. Not that its bad but it felt like a chore trying to watch the next episode. Super is a mess but its not boring.
>>
I always assumed GT was the next "epic" naming scheme after Z, and the letters didn't literally stand for anything. As for the show itself, I thought it was good. Not a fan of super saiyan 4 design, but the build up to it was great, and it actually made sense. Only arc i absolutely hated was Super 17 because it made no sense at all. Wish they would have made pan more useful as well. I liked it way more than super at the moment. Maybe it's nostalgia, or maybe it's because there was actual tension, story telling, and fights that weren't ATATATATATATATATATATA loops.
>>
Ultimately weak show with intresting concepts that couldn't really be good by any means. Was never too terrible after the first few episodes
>>
>>161472029

If training a bit was good for 17 DB Super version to be close enough to fucking Super saiyan blue, probably 17 GT version too got swole as fuck between the years.
>>
>>161465705
If only Super could look half as good as GT...
>>
File: angry cabbage noises.png (366KB, 607x682px) Image search: [Google]
angry cabbage noises.png
366KB, 607x682px
>>161473398
That would require an actual transformation instead of a fucking palette swap
>>
>>161465850
The Japanese soundtrack is a lot better. The Dub replaces it with some kind of shitty industrial rock that tries really hard to be edgy. It's pretty hilarious when you watch the dub with the japanese score and the narrator uses his gritty tryhard voice over a soft instrumental.
>>
>>161470876
>It was so Goku couldn't just 1 shot everyone
But it didn't really nerf Goku at all except to limit his use of Super Saiyan 3. He still could have one-shotted everyone up to Super Baby 2 if characters in GT weren't allergic to going Super Saiyan.
>>
>>161469264
The Baby saga was a clusterfuck. They acted like the Black Star Dragon Balls were the only ones Earth had until the end of the arc where they slap you in the face with a close up of a normal Dragon Ball which had gone completely forgotten for about 40 episodes.

Then there's the whole
>The earth will blow up in 2 weeks
thing when the balls had been returned to Earth already and there's no way in hell it was a year between Baby making his wish and being defeated.
>>
Wasted potential
>>
>>161465705
I never cared for it even as the total db obsessed freak I was as a kid.
I'll do say that I liked Chadten and that I liked Vegeta's character better in it.
I thought that Dadgeta was really fun and I actually wanted more of that, his scenes with Bra were great.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=etnt88WwbZk
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=gGYD6HLcwak
>>
File: maxresdefault (1).jpg (152KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault (1).jpg
152KB, 1920x1080px
>>161473822
Same, over the top obsessed with DBZ as a kid but by the time I got to actually watch GT I was completely unable to get into it. I know roughly some of the plot but I still don't know a ton about it. It just did not seem like it was worthwhile to sit and watch and since there's no manga it's not like I'd be able to take a quick survey of it either.
>>
>>161465975
I wouldn't have minded Uub

It could have been interesting seeing Uub struggle to grow as a fighter and learn about what he truly is, maybe even seeing sparks of Kid Buu's self when fights get especially intense, and seeing Uub tap into his full power like Goku hoped.
>>
>>161468968
Seeing as how Legendary Super Saiyans were confirmed thanks to Super, yes, Broly is canon.
>>
>>161474375
They didn't mention him when Kale transformed, so no.
>>
>>161474375
Dude >>161474403 this.

Actually, they didn't confirm, but didn't deny either, but if there was a time to confirm it had to be there. Unless if it's that japanese stuff where your haircolor essentially means you are a completely different person
>>
>>161474144
Yeah I marathoned episode one of og dragonball all the way to the end of Z without getting tired of it once, but not even halfway through GT and I just couldn't care less anymore.
>>
Goku was really strong after DBZ but in GT he couldn't effortlessly lift a mere gigantic piece of rock. GT contradicts DB(Z) here and therefore can't be canon.
>>
>>161474439
>Actually, they didn't confirm, but didn't deny either
They outright say they don't know that transformation. So, they're pretty much directly denying the events from Broly's movies. I don't see why this is surprising though. Super even ignores movie 13 that actually got acknowledged by the original Z anime and GT.
>>
Best opening out of all the Dragon Ball anime.

American OST is horseshit, but the Jap OST is good.

Super 17 Saga was autism and his design was complete garbage (downs face). But everything else held potential. Just executed poorly with all the plot holes (Black Star dragon Balls), asspulls (SS4 Vegeta Blutz Waves & Universal Spirit Bomb) powerscaling issues (SS4 Goku can barely lift a building and his power up somehow doesn't wreck it), and the mediocre art/animation (See SS4 Goku & Vegeta v. Omega Shenron) during most, if not all the episodes.

The x10 Kamehameha & Final Shine Attack were cool moves though.

Syn/Omega Shenron was probably the most boring villain in all of Dragon Ball.

Dunno how to feel about SS4 Gogeta, barely got any screen time and just goofed around.

I wouldn't mind if GT was an alternate dimension (i.e. Xenoverse 2) or something like that. But I enjoyed it just barely enough to watch it all, but I'd never bother re-watching it.

Was it bad? Yes. Is it better than Super? In my opinion, no, but it feels more Dragon Ball than Super ever will.
>>
>>161465705
the series would of been better if
>pan became a super saiyan
>trunks and goten starting training again including gotenks
>remove giru from existence
>make bra useful than just a sluttier bulma
>ultimate gohan
>Uub not being wasted potential
>and most importantly keeping vegeta's mustache
>>
>>161473822

That pic looks like more character development than he got in the entire Super so far
>>
>>161465705
Nice art style, good atmosphere
Terrible show

>>161468094
Fun fact: the Field of View and WANDS did the OPs and EDs, respectively, of Yu-Gi-Oh! and Dragon Ball GT, but never any other shows.
>>
File: BullaDBGT.png (261KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
BullaDBGT.png
261KB, 640x480px
>>161465705
literally cool as fuck concepts, characters, and designs poor execution in terms of story also
I will always like SSJ4 more than recolor SSJ we have now but Im guessing because of GTs existence it might be why they wont branch off from the usual SSJ design
also pic related and >>161465733
are good fap material
>>
File: hqdefault[1].jpg (16KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault[1].jpg
16KB, 480x360px
>>161465733
It's as if she is begging to be fused with
>>
>>161465705
Tried way too hard to be dragon ball 2.0 and when that backfired they just went full on dbz pandering.
>>
>>161476700
Why is she so flat?
>>
>>161465705
God-tier sountrack and great designs.

Story is meh, Pan is annoying and kid goku is retarded.
>>
>>161479697
She's like 8 at the start of GT.
>>
>>161473731
Kid Goku was OP as fuck base form was as strong a SSJ3 DBZ Goku. If kid Goku was in the tournament of power he wouldnt have a problem fighting anyone.
>>
>>161480233
Right in my strike zone.
>>
>>161465705
Mods do your fucking work. I've jad enough of these spamming Dragon ball threads.
>>
>>161482857
This thread is inline with rules specified in the sticky though.
>>
It has a lot of flaws, but if compared with Super it isn't that bad. One of its few qualities is the interesting design, a thing that Super lacks. In my opinion with its ideas and characters it could have been a decent anime but the execution was really meh
>>
>>161465733
>>161476700
Nailed it. Great ideas. Terrible execution. Piccolo acting like a dick to get sent to hell when he could've just explained the situation to yemma? Its moot now with Hell being retconned. But the fights were terrible too. All talk and running from each other
>>
At least it was short unlike Super.
>>
File: vegezarbon.gif (529KB, 500x320px) Image search: [Google]
vegezarbon.gif
529KB, 500x320px
>>161465705
I watched it when I was 12 and I was absolutely obsessed with Dragon Ball. It would have been almost impossible to disappoint me and yet they managed. Most of the concepts are bad and on top of it they are horribly executed. The fight choreography is pretty bad, Pan was annoying and they ruined Trunks. In conclusion, a steaming pile of shit.
>>
File: 51224575_p0.jpg (732KB, 1191x1684px) Image search: [Google]
51224575_p0.jpg
732KB, 1191x1684px
>>161487528
>>
>>161487690
Perfection
>>
File: 1501142704372.gif (4MB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
1501142704372.gif
4MB, 480x360px
>>161465733
>>
>>161468634
Guadalupe Terror
>>
File: 1503342533411.png (585KB, 1433x1458px) Image search: [Google]
1503342533411.png
585KB, 1433x1458px
>>161486290
Pan is NOT for lewd.
>>
>>161493059
Then explain these:
>>161465733
>>161465960
>>161469808
>>161469967
>>161491818
>>
File: 1464116599061.webm (2MB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
1464116599061.webm
2MB, 640x480px
>>161493154
She's just being playful. Nothing lewd about that.
>>
Even the soundtrack was mostly trash
There's a few good tracks but most of it is terrible compared to DB/Z/Super
Thread posts: 127
Thread images: 24

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.