[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I'm starting to think all the people praising this as a

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 3

File: FLCL.full.757181.jpg (394KB, 1600x1200px) Image search: [Google]
FLCL.full.757181.jpg
394KB, 1600x1200px
I'm starting to think all the people praising this as a "unique coming of age story" have no fucking clue what any of those words even mean.
I think I know why fans are convinced that this show is complex - the idea that they so thoroughly wasted 2 hours of their life on something with absolutely no purpose is disconcerting, so they fabricate some "deeper meaning" for the show when in reality, there isn't one. Or, at the very least, there isn't one that can be attained without grasping at straws.
>>
>>161452327
The main appeal is that its one of the most visually entertaining anime ever made
>>
File: FLCLism31.jpg (374KB, 1600x1650px) Image search: [Google]
FLCLism31.jpg
374KB, 1600x1650px
>>161452327
It's unique because of it's animation alone

It's a well done coming of age story because of the directing with the characters, not because of some "deeper" meaning.
>>
>>161452327
What anime do you like op?
>>
>>161452358
>>161452416
>sakugafags everyone
>>
>>161452358
>>161452416
Right, sure, but that's not the praise I was talking about.
Practically everyone creams their pants over 'muh symbolism' but it means fucking nothing
>>
>>161452488
>practically everyone
What does this even mean? Have you ever considered not everybody sees the world through the same lens of faggotry as you? I have hardly seen people refer to FLCL's crowning achievement being 'symbolism.'
>>
>>161452475
>I like it when my cartoons look like shit
>>
>>161452562
Writing>>>>animation
>>
>>161452602
>Anime
>Good writing
>>
>>161452642
What is One Piece?
>>
>>161452602
Even if that were the case, that doesn't mean that animation isn't still important.
>>
>>161452663
One giant piece of shit that has neither
>>
>>161452602
>watching audiovisual media because of the writing
Why don't you read a fucking book instead of Chinese cartoons?
>>
>>161452602
>Shaftfags insecure about their powerpoint presentation written by a hackfraud
>>
File: download.png (4KB, 364x138px) Image search: [Google]
download.png
4KB, 364x138px
>https://myanimelist.net/reviews.php?id=169687
Write your own shitty bait next time, faggot.
>>
>>161452904
Kinda amazing one would spend so much effort into writing bait barely anyone will ever read
>>
>>161452327
>OP assblasted that he didn't understand a story as fucking basic as FLCL so he came to /a/ to bitch about it
lmfao
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.