[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is Trigun (so) appreciated solely out of nostalgia? Seems a

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 3

File: trigun-vash.jpg (1MB, 3422x1925px) Image search: [Google]
trigun-vash.jpg
1MB, 3422x1925px
Is Trigun (so) appreciated solely out of nostalgia?

Seems a lot of people put it on par with Cowboy Bebop, but, while some parallels could be drawn, Trigun focuses too much on the comedy in the detriment of the drama, while Cowboy Bebop balances them neatly.
>>
>>161425270
It is on par with Bebop. Being more of a comedy doesn't make it worse. No one's saying that they are similar in tone, just that they are both of high quality.
>>
>>161425270
Have you watched the full show? I think it's a fair criticism to say that the show doesn't have a great balance at times, but it's mostly the early episodes that are comedy focus and the comedy keeps dropping as the drama ramps up. Like the entire episode where Vash is catonic does not really have a comedic moment. I will say mostly the reason people remember it might be because the characters are very memorable, like there is not really another anime character who really looks like Vash.
>>
>>161425270
No it's good; formally almost perfect imo. I'd say it's maybe a notch below Bebop.
>>
blu ray when
>>
>>161425365
>it's mostly the early episodes that are comedy focus and the comedy keeps dropping as the drama ramps up
Maybe I'm being unfair, but to me it seems that the world building was made specifically for the feel of the first episodes(goofy, not that expansive) and then when it tries to be sober, the narrative issues are only brought forward.
>>
>>161425270
Trigun has better characters than CB, inferior animation but both have weak endings.
I've read the Trigun manga years after I watched the anime so it's not really nostalgia.
>Cowboy Bebop balances them neatly
Spike's edgy backstory has nothing on Vash's character development to be honest.
>>
>>161425522
>both have weak endings
wut. Bebop's ending is one of its highlights.
>>
>>161425658
Spike's arc was the worst
Should've ended it with Faye's
>>
>>161425689
Spike's arc was played fine. And it couldn't have ended any other way.
>>
>>161425270
I find Vash miles more interesting than Spike, but I prefer Bebop overall. I find them both high quality shows, and I don't really think nostalgia has much to do with it.
>>
>>161426050
This
>>
File: IMG_0216.jpg (108KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0216.jpg
108KB, 640x480px
What happens to his brother after the anime?
>>
>>161426442
Yeah I could've lived with rushed ending and cheap animation if they only made an epilogue of sort. Manga Knives offed himself after he realized he was wrong, anime Knives doesn't seem like he could learn anything. I guess we're supposed to believe that Vash will put him through Love&Peace rehabilitation course or something.
>>
>Trigun focuses too much on the comedy

Nope it doesn't.
>>
>>161426929
He didn't realize he was wrong, he realized he lost, and payed proper respect to his brother's determination.
Manga was over the top at it's second half, but had very good points. IMHO it would really shine. If only it was written by someone more experienced.
>>
>>161427455
>IMHO it would really shine. If only it was written by someone more experienced
That's why we need Trigun Maximum Brotherhood with Kuroda on board once again.
>He didn't realize he was wrong
He did say he was the one who grew apart though.
>>
>>161425270

I think a person putting on a face but really has some underlying issues resonates with todays generation at least more than a few decades ago.
>>
it's a 9/10 manga with humanity theme done really nice and fresh. Hope you won't broke your eyes on the clusterfuckly drawn action scenes.
I don't remember how anime went.
>>
Did he filly the Milly?
>>
>>161428899
Anime only
In the manga everyone died a virgin
>>
The anime was severely lacking in animation and sakuga fight scenes, but that was really its only flaw. Trigun has a very adventure-packed outlook along with the deeper story on the fragile-yet-precious human nature that exists everywhere. If you read the Maximum manga, you will enjoy more of the wacky gun fights as they are laid out along with much more suffering and struggles for the characters.
Thread posts: 22
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.