[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Extra juicy! | Home]

This is the best AU Gundam.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 4

File: seed-meteor.jpg (52KB, 400x400px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
seed-meteor.jpg
52KB, 400x400px
This is the best AU Gundam.
>>
File: 1354399373123.jpg (447KB, 1680x1050px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1354399373123.jpg
447KB, 1680x1050px
The incomplete Gundam was better than that.
>>
File: 356759.jpg (1MB, 4500x2888px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
356759.jpg
1MB, 4500x2888px
>>161400860
>AU

I mean considering there are only two true "alternate universe" series which cannot be placed in the main timeline (SEED and IBO) that's not saying all that much.
>>
>>161402954
What are you talking about exactly?
Also what are 00 and AGE if you're thinking what I'm thinking?
>>
>>161403150
Gundam 00 takes place during the AD calendar system which predates the Universal Century. The deep space migration of the innovators at the end of 00 also falls in line with the wrap around theory of a Deep Space timeline of events that ultimately led to some of those descendants returning to the earth sphere predating the events of Turn A Gundam and bringing back the Turn machines among other alien influenced technology and ultimately using that technology to reset civilization on earth because of the state of chaos and war it was in. AGE is long-shot but little bits and pieces such as the EXA-DB and comments lead most to believe it just places it in a very distant future from G-Reco after humanity was finally able to return to space en masses.
>>
>>161403380
and every series that was produced before Turn A Gundam canonically takes place in the same universe and timeline. So that leaves on SEED and IBO as ones that can't be placed on the main timeline though there are theories about SEED taking place before the UC as well.
>>
>>161403380
Or you can accept it like it is, that they are completely separate canons which the creators only hint at being related as an amusing red herring.
>>
File: 1481798806381.jpg (338KB, 1061x768px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1481798806381.jpg
338KB, 1061x768px
>>161403488
Nah I like the idea of it all being part of a bigger picture. It gives everything much more value imo. Like for Turn A Gundam to exist there had to have been a deep space timeline at some point. We know that people left the earth sphere and made contact with alien life and then ultimately had a war with them. Gundam 00 fulfills every requirement for that timeline of events as it is the only Gundam series to confirm the existence of alien life outside of our galaxy and show humanity leaving for deep space with the added bonus of taking place long before the Universal Century calendar began. Other series mention migrations (one at the end of the UC, just prior to the events of Gundam X) it's a stretch from that point for a lot of reasons.
>>
>>161403904
>Nah I like the idea of it all being part of a bigger picture.
So "SEED and IBO are the only true AU" are just your headcanon? I mean it's fitting to have those while considering Gundam but then I hope you can understand that for most people watching the series, AU are just everything not-UC...
>>
>>161403380
This seems like pretty heavy speculation to me.

>>161403480
>every series that was produced before Turn A Gundam canonically takes place in the same universe and timeline
I'm pretty sure the official line is that Turn A is in a timeline where all the events of the other ones happened, not necessarily the same timeline as all of them, right? Also, you're technically forgetting Build Fighters and the SD shit.
>>
>>161403380
>some of those descendants returning to the earth sphere predating the events of Turn A Gundam and bringing back the Turn machines among other alien influenced technology
I thought the Turn X drifted from space into the Earth sphere and freaked out the government because it was so advanced compared to their current mobile suits and they reverse-engineered the Turn A from it.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]
Please support this website by donating Bitcoins to 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
If a post contains copyrighted or illegal content, please click on that post's [Report] button and fill out a post removal request
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site. This means that 4Archive shows an archive of their content. If you need information for a Poster - contact them.